Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Chikadze

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,080
  • Post Score: 47

09.22.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 01.15.2022 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 482,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Calvin Kattar   defeats   Giga Chikadze   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jake Collier   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brandon Royval   defeats   Rogério Bontorin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Viacheslav Borshchev   defeats   Dakota Bush   via KO/TKO, Liver Shot   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   Joanderson Brito   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Pickett   defeats   Joseph Holmes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Court McGee   defeats   Ramiz Brahimaj   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Kevin Croom   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
TJ Brown   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 40

papuhart
papuhart
  • Predictions:  264  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  741
  • Post Score: 123

01.11.2022 | 7:07 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3678th

why sherman is a underdog against a middleweight fighter? i'm all in sherman

"conceive believe achieve"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

01.11.2022 | 7:10 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2186th

Jake's looked pretty decent at HW so far and Sherman is 1-5 in the UFC and just lost pretty dominantly to a guy like parker porter. Plus he's only a very slight favorite the odds are in the territory of either side could win. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,009  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,095
  • Post Score: 88

01.11.2022 | 7:13 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1051st

3-7 in the ufc, even worse lol

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.11.2022 | 7:27 PM ET

He took a lot of damage in parker fight too and it wasn't that long ago. He had a lot of "out on his feet" looks in that fight and it's not like he doesn't get finished. That's why I took no distance. First of all it's heavyweights. Second of all it's plus money. Third of all I really think Collier can finish off what porter started on him in that last fight. It's like if that kattar Max fight was 4 months ago instead of 12, you would be concerned on him getting KOed next fight. Then again Sherman's really only ptv if you ask me is a KO and it's not like Jake hasn't been finished either. You just don't see heavyweight fighters that both finish and get finished have dngtd at plus money often. 
papuhart
papuhart

01.11.2022 | 7:36 PM ET

parker potter is a true heavyweight, jake is like gian villante, carlos boi, chris barnett. i'm not saying that chase sherman is the second coming of fedor, but he can manage the distance and will not Be Ko'ed by Collier. 

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.11.2022 | 7:37 PM ET

.....Jake's bigger than porter? He weighs in at the HW limit? 
papuhart
papuhart

01.11.2022 | 7:38 PM ET

both are bums, and just the fact that one is heavier(hits heavier too) will decide this fight path

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.11.2022 | 7:58 PM ET

I mean Sherman definitely has the more hw frame. But I couldn't back Sherman with how's he's looked. Not that I would put money on jake. I just hope someone finishes the other. 
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816

01.11.2022 | 8:00 PM ET

@DCpredictions

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 359th

I like your over 1.5 instead of FTD and FTNGD instead of under 1.5 / 2.5. Smart move I think.

There are so many situations with late / 3rd round finishes that mess up parlays. 

Most finishes do happen in the first 7.5 minutes which is why fight to start R2 is much better if your books offer it, extra safety.
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.11.2022 | 8:02 PM ET

and what guys, we are expecting 11 fights? 

There are plenty more days to test positive and lots of Brazilian fighters to boot.

Also the weigh ins will be fun with ppl like Brito, Bontorin and Benitez in the mix ready to miss weight and have their fight cancelled.

This card is going to be an absolute **** show. 

* Edited at 01.11.2022, 8:03 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.11.2022 | 8:04 PM ET

nah were definitely getting like 2-3 cancellations on fight day. I think we start Saturday with less than 10 fights

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.11.2022 | 8:07 PM ET

@Ayylmaonnaise & RichOsama

Just saw Kattars coach saying he is likely to wrestle Giga. Always thought this was likely to happen.

So just laid another hammer on Kattar - as a straight bet this time which I rarely do.

Giga also is too arrogant, already too big for his boots. Self proclaims himself as the best striker in MMA, going on social media and posting all kinds of rubbish, and chasing a title shot before even winning this fight. He is becoming more and more annoying and I can't wait to see him lose.

Sit yourself down Giga, beat Kattar first then talk.

* Edited at 01.11.2022, 8:10 PM ET *

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.11.2022 | 8:09 PM ET

@Ayylmaonnaise

Cant believe it bro, after suffering for 1 month with no fights this is the crap they serve up to us. 

How can they not have replacement fighters ready on notice after a whole month to plan this card.

And they want more money for PPVs. 

I have always bought PPVs before. This year I am getting a VPN.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.11.2022 | 8:10 PM ET

Ohh well that’s very nice to hear. Tyson is a good coach so that’s good to see they actually gameplanned. Still not fully confident he’s gonna wrestle because it’s hard to change fighters instincts but that makes me more confident in him

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.11.2022 | 8:11 PM ET

@rusty

Yeah it’s so bad bro. Usually the ppvs are safe but as we’re seeing even 270 is down three fights rn. So ****** and even big name fights aren’t safe w this year cuz we just had max pull out. ****** start to the year

* Edited at 01.11.2022, 8:11 PM ET *

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.11.2022 | 8:13 PM ET

@Ayylmaonnaise

Tyson is a good coach but I lost a lot of respect for him in the Holloway fight.

He should have thrown in the towel way before the last round and saved Kattar some brain cells.

He was saying how he made sure Kattar took a year off before returning, but how about you stop the fight and dont let him get destroyed and make sure he doesn't need a year off you dumbass?
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.11.2022 | 8:14 PM ET

@Ayylmaonnaise

Yup bro, I ain't paying that much to see the fights get cancelled last minute and have some god awful womens fight become the featured or co-main bout of a PPV.

Total BS.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.11.2022 | 8:15 PM ET

im hoping this is just a **** start and this trend doesn't continue for the rest of the year 

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.11.2022 | 8:16 PM ET

I agree round 2 starts is better but the only time the lines worth a damn is when most people expect a first round finish. Plus my book Stopped offering them besides ppv title fights. 

And you dont really need a VPN. Me and most people I know that do it just stream from the regular. I dont think it's nessessarily illegal to watch just illegal to provide the stream. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.11.2022 | 8:16 PM ET

my fight breakdowns won't post so here is part 1

Pickett vs holmes 

im very very conflicted on this one. Pickett is dog**** but Holmes is so green and honestly idk if hes ufc ready yet, I just cant justify picking Pickett ever. Pickett is a guy who doesn't know how to use his reach properly and just has the iq of a fish. first off, it took him three contender series appearances to make it to the ufc and when he finally debuts he really doesn't impress me. he almost koed tafon and idk if he was just scared of his power or if he has no idea what it means to wobble someone but he hurt tafon very bad and didn't even try to pressure him or go for the ko in a fight he was badly losing. then he faces Jordan wright and goes for a takedown and gets hurt by elbows a la Ryan spann which leads to a ko. he did beat staroploi but he was a former ww and also just not ufc level. Pickett also mixes some wrestling in with his striking but its not that good, just basic wrestling technique. for Holmes, he is so so green. hes fought worse competition than Pickett has, which is crazy in its own right, and also seems uneasy with striking. he is good on the ground tho but all of his wins have been because hes just better than the guy he fights. he might be better than Pickett skill wise but where hes at as a fighter is a question mark. he does really seem like he wants to impress dana so maybe his hunger can make up for his obvious flaws, he also trains under glory mma now which is only gonna help him. im leaning him because Pickett has weaknesses to grapplers but my pick might change throughout the week. very low confidence here 

brahimaj vs Mcgee 

cant really figure out why the fight is lined so close. court is coming off of a good win but people gotta realize that Claudio silva has one round of gas so of course hes going to look good once his opponent blows his load. he was 1-5 before that and, granted he faced some very tough competition he still looked like absolute **** against them. washed up condit dropped him, Sean Brady dominated him, hell even dhiego lima beat him 30-27 lol. his best attribute is definitely his toughness tho as hes only been finished once in his entire career. for what its worth, he is pretty well rounded but hes just not good. hes got a solid wrestling background and is a bjj black belt along with decent striking. for brahimaj, I think a lot of reason this line is so close is because people are unsure of him after his debut. I think hes one of those people like taila Santos who has an absolutely terrible debut and then fights completely differently than we originally saw (I know there's a massive skill difference between the two but still). in his debut he decided to stand with max griffin the whole time and couldn't deal with the movement and striking and didn't even bother to use his ground game. then he fights Sasha and destroys him with his grappling. now granted, Sasha sucks but he does have good tdd and he was able to get him down easy. when you watch brahimaj's other fights, his grappling is very good. I dont think he finishes court but his grappling is definitely better than courts. Im not worried about brahimaj's cardio either, even though hes finished all his wins and likely won't finish court I dont think he will gas. 

brown vs benitez 

this seems like a pretty obvious one to me; not sure why people think tj brown actually has a chance here. benitez does have some red flags but there are levels here. brown is well rounded but really not good. he was a kickboxing champ and has a very good wrestling background but has very bad fight iq and a questionable gas tank. he got hurt bad in his contender series fight but was able to fight through it and get the sub. then he was destroying Jordan griffin and kept giving his neck up when going for takedowns and it resulted in him getting subbed while in side control. he also had really ****** game planning against Chavez and got his leg destroyed. I also dont think he beat kai kamaka either. so overall, I think he has skills but pairs it with bad fight iq and also has a questionable chin. Now, benitez has red flags of his own; he has very bad tdd which is somewhere brown could take advantage of, he also has a really bad gas tank and has had trouble making weight in the past. But, hes basically a better tj brown. just as well rounded but can compete at a higher level. he his very hard, even in his losses hes knocked down billy q and had sodiq yuseff wobbled just to name a few. hes also got a very dangerous guillotine. I can see tj brown spam takedowns and giving up his neck and getting subbed like the griffin fight. or he gets ko'ed idk hes getting finished regardless 

slava vs bush 

this should be a really interesting one. Slava had one of the mot exciting fights on dwcs this season. hes green in mma experience but has a plethora of kickboxing experience; hes got over 300 combined pro and amateur kickboxing bouts including an 18-2 pro record, a spot on Russias national kickboxing team, and the kickboxing coach at Team Alpha Male. his striking is very very good. he has lots of power and has some good counters. the one worry here is his tdd. so he has been taken down in every single fight of his career, but he has a very good get up game. ive seen him reverse his opponents and when he has been taken down he usually doesn't get held down for very long. his tdd is the reason he lost his only fight but it wasn't like he got dominated; it was a very close fight and he got taken down in the last 20 seconds which is what cost him the fight. as for Dakota bush hes a decent fighter and hes primarily a grappler. he is very aggressive and trains under James Krause. the reason im pretty confident in Slava here is because of bush's grappling. so he fought Austin Hubbard in his debut who is basically the gatekeeper for grapplers. while this was a short notice debut, Hubbard outgrappled bush pretty easily so that indicates to me that bush doesn't have the best grappling. hes also never been finished but I have no doubts Slava can ko him. 

kelleher vs kakhramanov 

I think said is the real deal. That being said, he still has a tough opponent in front of him. kelleher is a really good journeyman. Hes very dangerous and well rounded; finishing 18 of 22 wins. hes got good standup but is very small for bw. Hes got Dino arms but hes able to cut the distance pretty easily. Hes also got a good ground game too; his speciality is the guillotine and if he sees an opportunity to get a sub he will go for it. Hes also got the experience advantage by a large amount as he only loses to really good competition. his main weakness is he has been subbed 6 times but that is somewhat deceptive because its not like its easy to sub him, but it is doable. One thing I noticed from tape is he also leaves himself susceptible to body shots a lot too. For said, I think he is jut as well rounded as kelleher but better everywhere. Im pretty convinced hes a legit talent; hes got very powerful standup, dangerous submission game, and also has a really good gas tank. I was very impressed with his performance against trevin jones and he missed weight for that fight and didn't even slow down. should be interesting to see what he does with a full camp here. while kelleher has the experience advantage, said has fought good competition himself. besides trevin jones hes also fought askar askar and Umar Nurmagomedov. 

Demopoulos vs Juarez 

this fight sucks. Demopoulos wouldn't be in the ufc if it wasn't for a short notice opportunity and technically the same for Juarez but at least she would get a contract if she had won on contender series; instead she just took a short notice fight. So this is a match of conflicting style; Vanessa is a grappler and Juarez is a striker and both are one dimensional past that. Vanessa has literal dinosaur arms at 59" and her striking is very bad. she's a pretty good grappler but her wrestling isn't that good either; we saw from Juarez that her tdd and ground game is nonexistent but I dont know if Vanessa has the technique to get her down easily. It could also just look bad because loopy easily took her down but loopy is a very good wrestler and also much much better than Vanessa will ever be. her striking is pretty good and she's also going to have a massive reach advantage here which will help. I also think Juarez is just the better fighter; she's fought better competition and has a better record so thats why im going with her

Page 40

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : 'Better than gold' Mike Perry wants to settle trash talk with Darren Till inside BKFC ring
  • Middle Easy : BKFC KnuckleMania IV Salaries, Revealed; Mike Perry Pockets Event-High $600K
  • MMA Mania : Go Pro? Texas Commission Rules On Paul Vs Tyson
  • MMA Mania : Aging Alves ‘Going Back To Retirement’
  • UFC.com : Monthly Report: April 2024
  • UFC.com : Get To Know The Challenger | Steve Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be pro fight over eight 2-minute rounds
  • Bad Left Hook : Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson ‘sanctioned as professional fight’: Rules, glove weight
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul sanctioned as pro bout
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Explains How Conor McGregor Become Part Owner, Says Dana White Is ‘Probably A Little Mad’
  • MMA Junkie : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell headlines 2024 PFL 5 in Salt Lake City
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 'Countdown' for Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC after calling for fight against him
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Doubts If Ian Garry Is ‘Serious’ About Fighting, Says He Has ‘Unfinished Business’ With Leon Edwards
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 'Countdown' for Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t know why the referee stopped the fight’: Diaz reacts to TKO loss to Duarte
  • MMA Mania : Kentucky Fried Erceg Prepared For Brazilian Bottle Bombs
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 22-28)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 91