Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Chikadze

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,284
  • Post Score: 47

09.22.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 01.15.2022 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 482,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Calvin Kattar   defeats   Giga Chikadze   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jake Collier   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brandon Royval   defeats   Rogério Bontorin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Viacheslav Borshchev   defeats   Dakota Bush   via KO/TKO, Liver Shot   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   Joanderson Brito   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Pickett   defeats   Joseph Holmes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Court McGee   defeats   Ramiz Brahimaj   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Kevin Croom   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
TJ Brown   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 34

Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

01.09.2022 | 2:29 PM ET

@JReynolds47

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3678th

Brahimaj has never won by decision. What's up with his cardio?
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,251  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,340
  • Post Score: 89

01.09.2022 | 2:34 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1051st

I think his cardio is decent. As long as he doesn’t actively try to get a finish (because no way is he finishing court McGee) he likely won’t gas

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.09.2022 | 2:42 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2725th

I hate picking this fight! Brahimaj has never been to or won a decision as a pro, he has a solid team behind him, but McGee is a grinder who has been on the scene for a long time now

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,682  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  843
  • Post Score: 141

01.09.2022 | 4:31 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2186th

Idk I wouldn't be completely shocked if brahimaj submits court. His whole thing coming into the UFC was his Bjj game. Then just boxes with griffin. But in his next fight against palatnikov he really went for that game you expected from him and looked really clean getting that sub. Plus court is getting to that age and has a lot of mileage. I don't think beating another "past their prime guy" in his last fight by wet blanketing we'll have much success against brahimaj. It'll probably be the reverse of that and maybe he finds a sub in one of the transitions, but mostly like 30-27 decision. 
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

01.09.2022 | 4:40 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1238th

I'm going with McGee because of his experience. 

"****."

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.09.2022 | 5:39 PM ET

I get that and he's not like crazy old for ufc. Probably has a few good years left. I'm just surprised it's so even I thought it would like at least like 65% brahmaj
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.09.2022 | 5:52 PM ET

It’s just one of those things that I don’t understand why people have more confidence in a 41 year old than a 27 year old in his prime, training at a top gym. Brahimaj may not have great striking, but it’s probably on par with McGee’s and his ground game is definitely better from the tape I’ve seen. Brahimaj has quite impressive wrestling and bjj.

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.09.2022 | 5:54 PM ET

I would say his striking is a good bit better. Just from watching their recent fights, maybe courts used to be better than it is
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.09.2022 | 5:56 PM ET

True. Getting 30-27’d in striking by old ass condit is pretty telling about where you are at

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

01.09.2022 | 6:13 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1643rd

Brahimaj will dominate trust me guys 
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

01.09.2022 | 6:13 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3593rd

My money is on Brahimaj to get the finish.  The guy has tons of heart.  Even in that loss against Max Griffin, he never gave up the entire fight, the doctors had to stop it because his ear was falling off.  Max Griffin is also on a little tear and is always going to be a tough fight for anyone's debut in the UFC.  

If he focuses on his wrestling/submission game, he can be a real threat to anyone in the division.  

* Edited at 01.09.2022, 6:14 PM ET *

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

01.09.2022 | 6:55 PM ET

I think I might put a little on his ML actually. Hopefully the odds swing back where he's + money again. 
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,880  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 207

01.09.2022 | 6:56 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

Look at it this way, Brahimaj is, on paper, the easiest opponent Court has had since fighting Steele, couple that with the win that Court recently got over Claudio Silva and it's not crazy to see McGee be favored. 37 ain't that old for a gritty fighter either.

It's going to come down to the gameplan and whether Ramiz can stop Court from grinding him against the fence.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.09.2022 | 7:12 PM ET

nah the easiest opponent hes fought has been dhiego lima; who ******* sucks. Even then he didn't manage to beat him lol

* Edited at 01.09.2022, 7:18 PM ET *

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,855  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,531
  • Post Score: 13

01.09.2022 | 7:17 PM ET

Snake

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1396th

No claudio silva is. That dude didnt train for that fight. Gassed in 2 minutes

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,489  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,841

01.09.2022 | 7:55 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 359th

I think people haven't yet realized what a great prospect Brahimaj is. All because in his first fight he followed a ******** game plan laid out by the best coach in MMA General "I'm with stupid" Sayif Saud. He did not attempt even one take down during that fight but still was decent on the feet against a very good striker.

The reason he does not go to decision much is that he finishes his fights so quickly when he does get it to the ground, and his wrestling is good enough to do that consistently. His gas tank is good.

So he has good striking, a good chin, good wrestling, decent cardio and is younger, faster, stronger and has absolutely elite BJJ where he actively submits rather than holds position.

I think Brahimaj is the dog pick and perhaps even the lock of the card.

After this fight I think people will start to realize his potential, just as they will begin to realize that Giga is not as good as everyone thinks.

If I am wrong about this, happy to hold up my hand next week and admit it. But I am pretty confident about this.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.09.2022 | 8:09 PM ET

Yeah I Would say the main reason he’s an underdog is that debut performance. Court looked good but Claudio silva is a notorious gasser and is far past his prime. You have to look at just about any other court performance to see how bad he looked before 

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.09.2022 | 8:19 PM ET

Final bets

Just thought I'd lay out my final picks/bets for anyone who might be interested, and the reasons why. I bet all fights and some lines may not be worth betting straight - I only bet parlays so those are worthwhile for me to add in and add extra value. Tough card but I am hoping that my reads are good, want to start 2022 on a winning note. Sorry if its long winded but I am bored.

1. Demopoulos/Gomez - Pick - Over 1.5
If Demopoulos gets it to the ground it's likely to be over fast. However she struggles to get it there. Gomez has a 6" Reach advantage and decent striking but Demo is very very tough and unlikely to get finished by strikes. Also though Gomez got finished by Loopy she actually fought the take downs and tried to get up all the time, her grappling isn't that bad though not anywhere near Demopolous who is very high level. Demopoulos usually loses R1 and comes back later in her fights.  I think Demopoulos will not be able to finish Gomez early.

2, Kakhramonov/Kelleher - Pick - Kakhramonov and FTNGD
I think Kakhramonov is the best prospect on the card. He is bigger, stronger, quicker than Kelleher with a reach advantage. Great on the feet, has a great chin, great gas tank, good striking and very high level wrestling/grappling. Has already faced high level competition and submitting a No Gi champion in Trevin Jones is impressive, especially on short notice. Kelleher will not be able to out wrestle Kakhramonov or KO him, and he is vulnerable to getting submitted on the ground. Pretty confident about this one.

3. Borschev/Bush - Pick - Borschev & Over 1.5 & FTNGD
Borschev is an elite striker. Very impressive. Also has a decent get up game and won't stay on the ground. Also has a really good gas tank so won't stop trying. On the feet he peices up Bush. However Bush is a really under rated wrestler and a grappler who goes for submissions. His gas tank is actually pretty good (The Springer fight was on very short notice) and he usually loses when he gets out wrestled and controlled which won't happen here. He has never been KOd, though he has not fought a striker like Slava. Bush is also training with James Krause while Slava is with Team Alpha Male. I think both are good enough to get over 1.5 but a late finish is very possible. Slava will probably take it and if it goes to decision and Uriah Faber will make sure the Vegas judges give it to him.

4. Benitez/Brown - Pick - Over 1.5 and Benitez decision
This fight has gone from being one of my most confident to one of my least after watching tape. I think TJ is a lot better than he is being given credit for. Benitez is a very good striker with really good kicks and boxing but is hittable and gets rocked all the time after getting careless (though he recovers fast and is very very tough). He has bad take down defence but really good scrambles and get ups and good submission defence. Brown has decent striking (though also gets rocked) and is vulnerable to leg kicks. He has good wrestling and attacking BJJ and is going to have James Krause and Bryce Mitchell in his corner. His main issue could be his gas tank as I think he tends to slow down late and becomes more hittable. Benitez rarely KOs anyone despite having "the heaviest kicks at AKA" and I can see this going to decision, definitely over 1.5. Just another point - Benitez has broken his nose and orbital twice now, hope that isn't a trend. He seems damage and injury prone.

More to follow...
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

01.09.2022 | 8:44 PM ET

Final bets cont...

6. Brahimaj/McGee - Pick - Brahimaj and Brahimaj by finish
Already talked about this. McGee has only really beaten old and slow fighters and he is old and slow himself. I think he is going to get destroyed.

7. Pickett/Holmes - Pick - Holmes and Holmes by finish
Pickett is not UFC level. He is durable, I give you that but his striking is awful, some of the worst I have seen in the UFC and his striking defence is equally bad. Holmes is with James Krause and a really good jab and 1-2 and really good head and body kicks. His wrestling is good and his submissions are good too. Only concern is his gas tank which I don't know a lot about. Also Pickett is fighting someone with the same reach for the first time, I think that this is Picketts final fight in the UFC and he has been hand picked to give Holmes his first win.

8. Brito/Algeo - Pick - Britto and Over 1.5
I initially picked Algeo who I think is good. Algeo is very tough and has decent BJJ and striking which is mainly kicks. However his take down defence is not good and his kicks could get caught. If he goes down he will likely stay on his back. Brito is very aggressive and has really good wrestling and savage ground and pound. His gas tank is a question but it looks ok, I think he just keeps taking down Algeo and smashing him on the ground. Only Brito is likely to finish this in my opinion which is why I am picking him and hedging with the over 1.5/2.5.

9. Sherman/Collier - Pick - Collier and Over 2.5
One of my least confident picks. I really don't know. Only thing is since returning from PED suspension Sherman has not looked good and slows down. And Collier has more volume, cardio and a decent chin. Also Collier does have decent wrestling and grappling if he ever cared to use it.

10. Royval/Bontorin - Pick - Royval and fight to not go the distance
Royval is elite in my opinion. He was winning the fight against Pantoja who I think is one of the best in the division and he has only lost to the best. His pace and pressure and chaotic fighting will likely tire out Bontorin. He has better striking and really good BJJ though he can get careless which is a worry as Bontorin is elite on the ground and could catch him in a submission pretty quick. On the feet Royval is too fast and Bontorin has a questionable chin. I think Royval is top 5 level at least but I do worry he could get caught so I think a good bet is FTNGD.

11. Chookagian/Maia - Chookagian and over 2.5
The rematch no one asked for. I think Chookagian has better striking, more volume and a significant reach advantage. Maia has good wrestling but rarely uses it and in the first fight it looked like Chookagian was just too strong and tall to be taken down against the cage. Even if she does get it down Chookagian is I think a Danaher black belt and will be a significant threat. Too much is being made of the fact that Maia got Valentina down - it was off a failed trip by Valentina and she just landed on top, though she did control Valentina who did not try to get up. I think this goes the distance. Close fight though and will probably depend on the judges,

12. Giga/Kattar - Pick - Kattar and over 1.5 (Also sprinkling Kattar R3,4,5)
Already spoken about this too much. I think this goes over 1.5 and 2.5 and ends up in a late finish for Kattar as Giga gasses. I think Kattar is too tough to get KOd and has really good lateral movement and cuts angles too well to get caught and Giga will get tired. Also wouldn't be surprised if Kattar wrestles. A lot of people have forgotten but the UFC actually brought in an absolute can (Jamey Simmons) specially so Giga could get his first KO in the UFC and since then has finished a geriatric Swanson and a compromised Barboza. And then self proclaimed himself the best striker in MMA - calm down bro, you definitely are not! I am still not impressed by Giga though if I am wrong I will be on the Giga train after this, but definetely not on it now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,581
  • Post Score: 261

01.09.2022 | 9:20 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 769th

I don’t really know about Brahmaj by finish, Court McGee only got finished once in his entire career and it by ponzinibio, Not saying it can’t be done, it MMA and anything can happen, but I don’t know if Brahmaj might win a decsion because Court is tough 

* Edited at 01.09.2022, 9:21 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'
  • MMAFighting.com : One-time WBC title challenger Artur Szpilka has wild walkout at KSW 94, then gets iced in 14 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Confirms Jon Jones Will Face Stipe Miocic Not Alex Pereira, Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Sets New Record In Gate Sales