Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,488  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 6

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.14.2021 | 4:44 PM ET

PPC 44 Results!

We had to wait a bit longer for the Pancrase results to come in but it was worth the wait! Congratulations to @tepid55 for winning his 3rd PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 45 when I set it up later tonight!

Well done as well to @FistyMcKickerChoke who is always near the top of the table and was close again in 2nd place, only 45 points away from winning! Well done as well to @thebluedash for finishing in 3rd!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone else for taking part! I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope to see you in the PPC 45 when I set it up later tonight!

The full PPC 44 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40247

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.14.2021 | 7:06 PM ET

The Unified Rules of the Pink Prediction Championship

About a week ago I stated that I was going to rewrite that big wall of text on my profile page to improve the transparency of how I run these PPC games. I have rewritten it now and posted on my profile page and will post it below. I don't expect anyone to actually read it so in short, the format of the game remains exactly the same as before but with more specific rules if something unusual like a glitch or a mistake happens. This is just so that there is something to refer to so that hopefully the number of mistakes made by me when running it are reduced and everyone is clearer on what happens in different situations. I'll also post this in the comments sections of PPC games going forward. Any questions, just ask! 

EDIT: Can't post here as it came up with post can't exceed 15,000 characters so I probably won't be able to post it in the comments of games either so if you're interested then check out my profile page. 

* Edited at 09.14.2021, 7:06 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.14.2021 | 8:25 PM ET

The PPC 45 is now open!

The PPC 45 is a 4 event game. The events are:

• UFC Fight Night: Smith VS Spann
  • Frank VS Windle (boxing)
  • Bellator 266: Davis VS Romero
  • RIZIN 30

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40391

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.20.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

PPC 45 Results!

The PPC 45 was one of the closest we've had for ages with only 5 points separating 1st and 2nd and also only 5 points separating 3rd and 4th so there was tons of competition at the top of the table! Congratulations to @LamoureMMA for winning his first PPC Title by beating 6 time Champion @hunterp by 5 points! It was a very hard fought and well deserved victory! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 46 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @hunterp for finishing in a very close 2nd, just 5 points away from winning! I know you must be gutted to lose out on 1st but 2nd is a very respectable result in a game as competitive as this one! Well done as well to @pureincognito for finishing 3rd by fending off @Cheeseball also by just 5 points! While we were all distracted by how close it was for 1st, you were also having a tough battle for 3rd that deserves respect!

Our ghost player @Judo finished in 16th with 1,375 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 46 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 45 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40391

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.20.2021 | 8:25 PM ET

The PPC 46 is now open!

The PPC 46 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Revolution
  • ACA 129: Magomedov VS Sarnavskiy
  • LFA 115: Silveira VS Cummins
  • Harutyunyan VS Molina (boxing)
  • Joshua VS Usyk (boxing)
  • UFC 266: Volkanovski VS Ortega 

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40582

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.27.2021 | 9:18 PM ET

PPC 46 Results!

The PPC 46 was another very entertaining game which went right down to the wire! We're still waiting for Tapology to put the results in for the Harutyunyan VS Molina boxing card but BoxRec has the results for it so I've worked out the scores manually to save time but I'm sure it'll be updated soon, just to confirm my calculations. 

Congratulations to @Cheeseball for winning his first ever PPC game by 5 points! That was a very hard fought win that you've had to wait a long time for so very well done! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 47 when I open it shortly! 

Well done as well to @Kairos El for who finished 2nd and was very close to winning on his PPC debut! Well done as well to @hunterp for finishing in 3rd!

As for our ghost players, @FistyMcKickerChoke finished in 8th with 2,665 points and @Judo finished in 11th with 2,565 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 47 when I set it up shortly!

The original PPC 46 event page can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40582

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.28.2021 | 12:11 PM ET

The PPC 47 is now open!

I actually opened it last night at about 3am but I forgot to post it here lol. Remember, if you don't get one of the original spots, you can always join as a ghost player. Anyway, the PPC 47 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• Bellator 267: Lima VS MVP 2
  • DCS 75: Never Give Up
  • RIZIN LANDMARK Vol. 1
  • 606th Dynamic Glove: ***unaga VS Kaji (boxing)
  • Eubank Jr. VS Elbir (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Santos VS Walker

I've decided not to include any of the Cage Warriors events for 2 main reasons. Firstly, There's loads of great MMA action this week but not much by the way of boxing (hence the Japanese boxing card to try and balance it out) and adding one or 2 or all 3 of them would've made this game way too MMA heavy. Secondly, there's already a British boxing card and the Bellator card is being held in Britain so I didn't want to be seen as giving myself a home advantage of sorts. I've included the DCS 75 card because @Tieoken is fighting on it! Good luck @Tieoken!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40849

* Edited at 09.28.2021, 12:11 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.05.2021 | 9:23 AM ET

PPC 47 Results

We had to wait a little bit longer for some of the results but we now have a winner! Congratulations to @Cheeseball for successfully defending his PPC Title! This makes you only the 4th person to have successfully defended their belt after @15Rounds (PPC 8 & 9), @hunterp (PPC 28 & 29) and @FistyMcKickerChoke (PPC 32 & 33)! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 48 when I set it up later this evening!

Well done as well to @trackandfield for achieving a new personal best 2nd place and to @ricky79 for finishing in 3rd!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you all in the PPC 48 when I set it up!

The full PPC 47 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40849

* Edited at 10.05.2021, 9:23 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.05.2021 | 8:17 PM ET

The PPC 48 is now open!

The PPC 48 is a 3 event game. The events are:

• UFC Fight Night: Dern VS Rodriguez 
  • Smith VS Fowler (boxing)
  • Fury VS Wilder 3 (boxing)

This one is unusual as it's got 2 boxing events and only 1 MMA event whereas usually it's the other way around. The reason for this is that this is an unusual week as there aren't many notable MMA cards this week (loads of decent small ones but one's that would take about a week to verify. Arena Global 14 probably being the next noteworthy IMO but they take ages to come in even if the main card is televised from my experience). On the other hand, there were 2 big boxing events which I'm sure will be updated quickly, if not live so I picked them instead. Plus, they've got some close fights on the cards which is unusual for boxing lol!

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41145

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.10.2021 | 1:12 AM ET

PPC 48 Results!

I'm still buzzing from that Fury VS Wilder fight so excuse any typos lol! Congratulations to @pureincognito for winning his 3rd PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 49 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @trackandfield for finishing in a close 2nd, only 60 points away from wining! Well done as well to @Kairos El for finishing in 3rd only 5 points behind him!

Our ghost player @Yo3L_R0mero finished in 8th with 1,220 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 49!

The full PPC 48 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41145

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 1:13 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.10.2021 | 8:52 PM ET

The PPC 49 is now open!

The PPC 49 is a 3 event game. The events are:

• Navarrete VS Gonzalez (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Ladd VS Dumont
  • Bellator 268: Nemkov VS Anglickas 

I was tempted to include Friday's ONE Championship card as well but decided not to take the risk as there are no MMA fights on it yet so it's not pickable at the moment.

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41291

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 8:52 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.17.2021 | 3:56 PM ET

PPC 49 Results!

The PPC 49 was another very close game and produced it's 24th new champion in just 49 games! Congratulations to @trackandfield for finally winning after finishing 2nd in the last 2 PPC games! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 50 when I set it up shortly!

Well done to @mmmma for finishing in 2nd, just 20 points behind @trackandfield and to @Schatte for finishing in 3rd who also just 20 points behind @mmma!

As for our two ghost players, @Judo finished in joint 10th with 1,520 points and @macieksleczek finished in 11th with 1,495 points.

@Uncle Uyghur also made his mark in PPC history by becoming the first person to have his account deleted mid game!

Finally, I want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 50!

The full PPC 49 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41291

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.17.2021 | 8:10 PM ET

The PPC 50 is now open!

As this is the 50th game, it only seemed right to include 5 events. The events are:

• LFA 116: Fremd VS Valente
  • Bellator 269: Fedor VS Johnson
  • KSW 64: Pudzianowski VS Bombardier
  • UFC Fight Night: Costa VS Vettori
  • Herring VS Stevenson (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41509

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.24.2021 | 2:40 PM ET

PPC 50 Results!

By sheer coincidence, the 50th PPC event has given us it's 25th different PPC Champion! Congratulations to @editmichel for winning his first PPC event! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 51 when I set it up later this evening!

Well done as well to @mmma for pushing @editmichel all the way and finishing in a close 2nd (which coincidentally is also the 2nd event in a row he's finished 2nd) and to @trackandfield for finishing 3rd which makes this the 4th event in a row that he's finished in the top 3, which equals @evertonsantos's record of 4 consecutive top 3 finishes between PPC 10, 11, 12 and 13!

Our ghost player @Yo3L_R0mero finished in 17th with 1,285 points which is respectable seeing as he forgot both LFA and KSW 1,285 points is a decent return from 3 events and I can only imagine how well he'd have done if he remembered those picks lol!

Last but not least, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 51 when I set it up later this evening!

The full PPC 50 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41509

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.24.2021 | 9:44 PM ET

The PPC 51 is now open!

The PPC 51 is a 3 event game. Those events are:

• ONE Championship: NextGen
  • UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
  • Zapeda VS Vargas (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41733

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.31.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

PPC 51 Results!

I suppose it was only appropriate that the PPC that ended on Halloween had 3 ghost players in it! This made it the biggest PPC yet with 19 players! Congratulations to @LamoureMMA who won his 2nd PPC Title in this especially tough event! As the current PPC Champion, will will receive an invite to the PPC 52 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @Schatte for finishing 2nd! This now makes him the best player never to have won it but I'm sure he'll get his hands on it soon! Well done as well to @tepid55 for finishing 3rd!

As for our 3 ghost players, @Yo3L_R0mero finished 7th with 1,215 points, @Cheeseball finished 14th with 1,025 points and @FistyMcKickerChoke finished 15th with exactly 1,000 points.

Finally, I just want to a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 52!

The full PPC 51 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41733

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.31.2021 | 11:47 PM ET

The PPC 52 is now open!

The PPC 52 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ACA 131: Abdulvakhabov VS Dias
  • Bellator 270: Pitbull VS Queally 2
  • Rankin VS Lindberg (boxing)
  • LFA 117: Dias VS Tanaka
  • UFC 268: Usman VS Covington 2
  • Canelo VS Plant (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41982

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.07.2021 | 9:36 PM ET

PPC 52 Results!

The PPC 52 was a 6 event game which made it a very hard fought game! Congratulations to @Cheeseball for winning his 3rd PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 53 when I set it up!

Well done as well to @Kairos El for finishing in 2nd and to our ghost player @Schatte who finished in 3rd with 2,695 points!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 53 when I set it up!

The full PPC 52 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/41982

* Edited at 11.07.2021, 9:36 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.08.2021 | 9:49 PM ET

The PPC 53 is now open!

The PPC 53 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: NextGen 2
  • Bellator 271: Cyborg VS Kavanagh
  • LFA 118: Amorim VS Young
  • UFC Fight Night: Holloway VS Rodriguez
  • Benavidez VS Davis (boxing)
  • Munguia VS Rosado (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42340

* Edited at 11.08.2021, 9:49 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.14.2021 | 9:48 PM ET

PPC 53 Results!

The PPC 53 was another 19 player, 6 event game so to say it was competitive would be an understatement! Congratulations to @editmichel for winning his 2nd PPC Title! He's the latest member of the multiple PPC Champion club and as the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 54 when I set it up shortly!

Well done to @Schatte for finishing 2nd, making it 3 weeks in a row that he's finished in the top 3! Well done as well to one of our ghost players @trackandfield for finishing in 3rd with 2,375 points!

As for the other two ghost players @macieksleczek finished in 6th with 2,295 points and @Judo finished in 19th with 1,070 though I've no doubt that would've been higher if he had remembered his LFA and both the boxing cards lol!

As always, I want to thank everyone for taking part and making it such an enjoyable event and I hope to see you in the PPC 54!

The full PPC 53 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42340

* Edited at 11.14.2021, 9:49 PM ET *

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’