Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 5

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.18.2021 | 7:06 PM ET

PPC 36 Results!

The PPC 36 was a 17 player game as @Judo asked to play after all the slots filled up but before the first event went off so it was a larger field than normal! I have won the PPC 36 making it the 4th time I've won a PPC Title. 

Well done to @Cheeseball for finishing in 2nd place and to @FistyMcKickerChoke for finishing in 3rd!

The invisible player @Judo finished in 9th with 1,740 points so everyone below him moves down a spot.

Finally, I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 37 when I open it shortly!

The full PPC 36 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38460

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.18.2021 | 7:38 PM ET

The PPC 37 is now open!

The PPC 37 is another 3 event game. The events are:

• ShoBox New Generation
  • ACA: Young Eagles 19
  • UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen VS Dillashaw

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38721

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.27.2021 | 9:16 PM ET

PPC 37 Results!

The PPC 37 was a tough event as it had one of the most unpredictable UFC cards on it for a long time and very tough boxing and ACA cards as well! Congratulations to @tepid55 for winning his 2nd PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 38 when I set it up!

Well done as well to @hunterp who finished in a very close 2nd with only 45 points separating him from @tepid55 and to @pureincognito for finishing in 3rd!

Our ghost player @Cheeseball finished in 9th place with 1,475 points. This puts him between @ricky79 and @MattyViceGrip in the table.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 38 when I set it up tomorrow!

The full PPC 38 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38721

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.28.2021 | 9:20 AM ET

The PPC 38 is now open!

The PPC 38 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Battleground
  • LFA 113: Lewis VS Petersen
  • UFC Fight Night: Hall VS Strickland
  • Bellator 263: Pitbull VS McKee
  • PBC on FOX Fight Night: Coffie VS Washington (boxing)

Good luck everyone! 
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39005

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.01.2021 | 7:36 PM ET

PPC 38 Results!

The PPC 38 was a very hard event as there were so many unpredictable results! Congratulations to @hunterp for winning his 6th PPC Title and becoming the most successful player in the game's history (he was previously tied with @FistyMcKickerChoke for 5 wins each)! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 39 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @Steven Seagalski and @Yo3L_R0mero for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively which is no mean feat seeing how hard this game was!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 39 when I set it up!

The full PPC 38 Table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39005

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.01.2021 | 9:20 PM ET

The PPC 39 is now open!

The PPC 39 is a 3 event game. The events are: 

• Conlan VS Doheny (boxing)
  • MMA SERIES-38
  • UFC 265

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39199

* Edited at 08.01.2021, 9:21 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.08.2021 | 6:45 PM ET

PPC 39 Results!

The PPC 39 was an insanely competitive one as almost everyone got the vast majority of their picks right! I ended up wining my 5th PPC Title. Well done to @Yo3L_R0mero and @pureincgonito for finishing in joint 2nd with 1,945 points each! The last time there was a tie in the top 3 was back in the PPC 13 between me and @evertonsantos in joint 3rd and the last time there was a tie for 2nd was way back in the PPC 3 between @paskalix90 and @FistyMcKickerChoke!

I'd also like to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 40! I was thinking of making the PPC 40 a slightly bigger and longer event as 10th August will mark 1 year since I opened the very first PPC, the PPC 1!

The full PPC 39 table (which trust me, is a sight to behold given how good everyone's picks were!) can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39199

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.08.2021 | 7:14 PM ET

The PPC 40 is now open!

I've decided against the idea of a longer game and just added more events instead as this week is stacked, even without the UFC. There are 6 events in total. They are:

• ONE Championship: Battleground 2
  • PFL 2021 #7: Playoffs 
  • Bellator 264: Mousasi VS Salter
  • CFFC 99
  • Ortiz Jr. VS Kavaliauskas (boxing)
  • Franco VS Moloney 3 (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39452

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.16.2021 | 7:04 PM ET

PPC 40 Results!

The PPC 40 was a special one as it's marked the 1st anniversary of the very first PPC opening and also happened to be one of the closest we've had for a while! Congratulations to @Spotlight23 for not only winning, but also winning on his debut in the competition! He is only the 2nd person to achieve that after @HiDefff in the PPC 21 so that's makes it even more remarkable, especially seeing as you only get one chance to achieve that lol! As the current PPC champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 41 when I set it up!

Well done as well to @hunterp for finishing in 2nd, only 15 points behind @Spotlight23! Well done to @ricky79 for finishing in 3rd, only 25 points away from winning! This also marks the first time that @ricky79 has finished in the top 3 of a PPC event so well done on hitting that milestone!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 41 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 40 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39452

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.16.2021 | 9:29 PM ET

The PPC 41 is now open!

The PPC 41 is a 4 event game featuring:

• Bellator 265
  • BRAVE CF 53
  • UFC Fight Night: Cannonier VS Gastelum
  • Pacquiao VS Ugas (boxing)

I decided to leave out this week's PFL card simply because I wanted to allow you guys a reasonable amount of time to think about your picks and that goes down on Thursday and it's early morning Tuesday already over here. Plus, I felt that it would've made the game too MMA top heavy with 4 MMA events to one boxing event. I threw in the BRAVE CF 53 as they have put on some good shows lately while still being small enough to act as a bit of wildcard event.

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39605

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.22.2021 | 7:00 PM ET

PPC 41 Results!

There was a little confusion in the PPC 41 as some of the other players mistakenly thought that @FistyMcKickerChoke had won before the BRAVE CF results were confirmed but I'll give him a one off, honorary title of "PPC People's Champion" to recognise his unique standing as the popular champion lol!

Congratulations to our rightful PPC Champion @Judo for winning his first ever PPC Title! This also marks the first time that you have finished in the top 3 of a PPC event, so congratulations on smashing that milestone in spectacular fashion! As the Current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 42 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @pureincognito who finished in a very close 2nd place, only 20 points away from winning! It was a very close battle for 3rd so congratulations to @hunterp and @FistyMcKickerChoke for finishing in joint 3rd with 1,850 points each!

Our 17th "ghost player" @MattyViceGrip finished in 17th place with 1,210 points though I'm sure he would be higher if he hadn't forgotten the Pacquiao VS Ugas card so he certainly has an excuse lol!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 42 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 41 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39605

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.22.2021 | 9:00 PM ET

The PPC 42 is now open!

The PPC 42 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Battleground 3
  • PFL 2021 #9: Playoffs
  • Invicta FC 44: A New Era
  • Night of Champions (Anthony Cacace VS Lyon Woodstock boxing card)
  • UFC Fight Night: Barboza VS Chikadze
  • Paul VS Woodley (boxing circus)

Good luck:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39829

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,486  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,546
  • Post Score: 237

08.23.2021 | 2:03 PM ET

That was hilarious, I didn't really think I had won as I was sure there were more results to come in. But gimme that fookin belt!!!!

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.23.2021 | 2:56 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Well, you're the champion in the eyes of @Yo3L-R0mero at least lol!

Yo3L_R0mero
Yo3L_R0mero
  • Predictions:  4,777  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 291

08.27.2021 | 12:21 AM ET

I called it too early lol

"Cuando estoy enfrente de un ser humano, lo veo como un ser humano" - Yoel Romero

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.27.2021 | 6:46 AM ET

@Yo3L_R0mero

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times myself lol!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.30.2021 | 8:11 PM ET

PPC 42 Results!

The PPC 42 was an 18 player game as @Cheeseball and @Judo joined as ghost players and the game had 6 events in it so it was a fairly wild game! Congratulations to @FistyMcKickerChoke for winning the PPC 42 and claiming his 6th PPC Title! This puts him level with @hunterp for the most PPC wins! As the current PPC Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 43 when I set it up shortly! 

Well done as well to @Yo3L_R0mero for finishing in 2nd in a game he was leading for a while! Well done as well to @tepid55 who just managed to fend off @DamienHandel420 by 5 points to claim 3rd place!

As for our ghost players I mentioned earlier, @Cheeseball finished in 10th place with 2,035 points and @Judo finished in 14th with 1,905 points. 

Finally, I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 43 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 42 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39829

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.30.2021 | 9:16 PM ET

The PPC 43 is now open!

The PPC 43 is a 4 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Empower
  • KSW 63: Crime of the Century
  • UFC Fight Night: Brunson VS Till
  • Lara VS Warrington 2 (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40095

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.04.2021 | 8:35 PM ET

PPC 43 Results!

OK, firstly I've got to start by apologising to @kush0331 for accidentally declaring him the winner before I added up the scores of the "ghost players" @MattyViceGrip and @Judo. @MattyViceGrip actually won the PPC 43 with 1,825 points so congratulations to him for winning his first PPC Title and becoming the first ghost player to win a PPC event! Apologies again to @kush0331 who actually finished in 2nd which is no mean feat on his debut and as far as I can recall, this still makes him the only white belt to finish in the top 3 of a PPC event! As for the premature announcement, this was due to me being over exited after a great night of fights being slightly drunk but I still acknowledge that this oversight was entirely my fault and I'll still be sending you an invite to the PPC 44 along with @MattyViceGrip.

Well done as well to @hunterp who finished in 3rd place and our other ghost player @Judo finished in 10th with 1,320 points!

Apologies again for my **** up but hopefully it was still an enjoyable event despite this! Thank you again to everyone for joining and I hope to see you all in the PPC 44 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 43 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40095

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.04.2021 | 9:31 PM ET

The PPC 44 is now open!

The PPC 44 will be a 4 event game. The events are:

• Hrgovic VS Radonjic (boxing)
  • De La Hoya VS Belfort (circus boxing)
  • Pancrase 323
  • Open Fighting Championship

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40247

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall ‘Would Be In Trouble’ Against Someone Like Velasquez
  • MMA Junkie : John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor's 'technique is as sharp as ever' ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Satoshi, Archuleta, Watanabe