Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 4

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,407  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 442

05.21.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

Got several returning champs in this PPC. I am confident in my picks.

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.21.2021 | 7:28 PM ET

@Steven Seagalski

9 out of the 17 competitors have won it at least once before so it could certainly be competitive! You yourself are a 2 time PPC Champion of course, winning PPC 3 & 7! Let's see if you can make it a 3rd win this time!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.23.2021 | 1:59 PM ET

PPC 28 Results!

The PPC 28 was the biggest game so far with 6 events and after all was said and done, only 5 points separated the top 2! Congratulations to @hunterp for winning his 4th PPC Title! This now makes you the most successful player in the competition's history to date! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 29 when I set it up later today!

Well done to @pureincognito who finished in a close 2nd just 5 points behind @hunterp! You pushed him all the way and it could have gone either way! Well done as well to @MattyViceGrip for finishing in 3rd as well!

Our 17th player @Steven Seagalski finished in 6th place with 2,765 points so everyone below him moves down a spot.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part for making it such a great game and I hope to see you in the PPC 29!

The full PPC 29 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36799

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.23.2021 | 6:42 PM ET

The PPC 29 is now open!

As the first 6 event PPC went better than I expected, I've decided to try it again! The events for this week are:

• ONE Championship: Full Blast
  • MMA SERIES 33
  • CFFC 96
  • CFFC 97
  • Haney VS Linares boxing card
  • Oubaali VS Donaire boxing card

Good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37053

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.31.2021 | 7:34 PM ET

PPC 29 Results!

Congratulations to @hunterp for winning the PPC 29! With this victory, he extends his most PPC wins record to 5 wins and also becomes only the 2nd person to successfully defend their PPC Title after @15Rounds in the PPC 8 & 9! As you are still the PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 30 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @mmmma for finishing in a hard fought 2nd place and to @thebluedash for finishing 3rd making it the first time he's finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

I also want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 30!

The full PPC 29 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37053

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.31.2021 | 8:08 PM ET

The PPC 30 is now open!

I've decided to make this one a 4 event game. The events are:

• LFA 109
  • KSW 61
  • Dubois VS Dinu boxing card
  • UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik VS Sakai

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37170

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.06.2021 | 11:17 AM ET

PPC 30 Results!

After winning 2 PPC Titles in a row, @hunterp's win streak has been broken! Congratulations to @FistyMcKickerChoke for ending @hunterp's reign and winning his 3rd PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 31 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @MattyViceGrip for finishing in 2nd which is his best result in a PPC event and to @PilloryChoke for finishing in 3rd, making it the first time he has finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

I would also like to say a massive thank you to everyone else who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 31!

The full PPC 30 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37170

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.06.2021 | 4:48 PM ET

The PPC 31 is now open!

The PPC 31 has 5 events in it which are:

• PFL 2021 #4
  • Bellator 260
  • Stevenson VS Nakathila boxing card
  • UFC 263
  • RIZIN 28

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37335

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

PPC 31 Results!

The PPC 31 was the biggest ever with 18 players as I included @Cheeseball and @evertonsantos who both asked to play before it started! Congratulations to @DamienHandel420 for winning his first PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 32 when I set it up shortly!

After adding up @Cheeseball's scores, I can confirm that he has finished in 2nd with 2,525 points, knocking me into third! This also marks the first time one of our "invisible" (for a lack of a better word) players has finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

Our other "invisible" player @evertonsantos has finished in 12th with 2,020 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 32 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 31 table can be found here:
 https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37335

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2021 | 8:58 PM ET

The PPC 32 is now open!

This will be a 7 event game, the largest so far due to me being unable to choose between the 3 massive boxing cards this weekend while also not wanting to make it too boxing heavy. The events are:

• PFL 2021 #5
  • DEEP Tokyo Impact 2021 ~1st Round~
  • DEEP Tokyo Impact 2021 ~2nd Round~
  • UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie VS Ige
  • Lopez VS Kambosos Jr. (Boxing)
  • Charlo VS Montiel (Boxing)
  • Inoue VS Dasmarinas (Boxing)

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37640

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.20.2021 | 7:27 PM ET

PPC 32 Results!

The PPC 32 was a very unpredictable event where the lead changed several times throughout! Congratulations to @FistyMcKickerChoke for winning his 4th PPC Title (he's also only the 2nd person to win 4 PPC Titles after @hunterp who has gone on to win 5)! This also makes him the first person to win a PPC Title back on the first try after losing it! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 33 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to the former Champion @DamienHandel420 who finished in a very close 2nd! You've certainly been consistent in your picks lately!

Now 3rd is where it gets interesting. We are still waiting for 3 of the fights on the Charlo VS Montiel card (Medina VS Castillo, Willie Jones VS Brian Jones and Ibarra VS Lyons). I've looked over everyone's picks for that card and we all picked Medina to win a decision so win or lose, that one doesn't make difference. We all picked Willie Jones to beat Brian Jones by decision except for @evertonsantos who picked Brian Jones by decision so he could win an extra 75 points over the rest of us if Brian has won but that isn't enough to effect the top 4 in the table. We all picked Lyons to beat Ibarra except for me, @MattyViceGrip, @Cheeseball, @Yo3L_R0mero and @GodCandy who picked Ibarra by decision but out of us 5, I am the only one who could finish in 3rd if Ibarra has won so either me or @hunterp could still finish 3rd. I'll declare 3rd place when it fully settles.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 33 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 32 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37640

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.20.2021 | 8:51 PM ET

The PPC 33 is now open!

The PPC 33 is a 6 event game that includes:

• PFL 2021 #6: Regular Season
  • Bellator 261
  • UFC Fight Night: Gane VS Volkov
  • Mario Barrios VS Gervonta Davis (boxing card)
  • Vasiliy Lomachenko VS Masayoshi Nakatani (boxing card)
  • RIZIN 29

I was so tempted to put this weekend's Cage Warriors Trilogy events in but that would've resulted in 9 events which I feel is too big and would've completely undermined the boxing aspect of the game. Plus, with 3 British events I was a little bit conscious of giving myself a home advantage as such so overall, as much as I love Cage Warriors, I felt it had to be cut.

Anyway, good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37847

* Edited at 06.20.2021, 8:51 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.27.2021 | 7:40 PM ET

PPC 33 Results!

The PPC 33 was a very exciting event with only 40 points separating 1st and 3rd! Congratulations to @FistyMcKickerChoke defending his PPC Title! With this he becomes only the 3rd person to successfully defend their PPC Title after @15Rounds in PPC 8 & 9 and @hunterp in PPC 28 & 29! He has also equalled @hunterp's record of 5 PPC wins! As the still current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 34 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @pureincognito for finishing in 2nd, only 20 points behind @FistyMcKickerChoke and to @hunterp for finishing in 3rd, only 40 points behind the Champion! You both made it very competitive right up until the end!

Finally I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 34 when I set it up!

The full PPC 33 Table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/37847

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.27.2021 | 8:50 PM ET

The PPC 34 is now open!

The PPC is gonna be a smaller 3 event card this time as there weren't a lot of major events. The events are:

• LFA 110
  • Ito VS Valentine (boxing card)
  • CFFC 98

Good luck everyone! 

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38067

* Edited at 06.27.2021, 8:50 PM ET *

trackandfield
trackandfield
  • Predictions:  11,993  |  74.8%
  • Forum Posts:  723
  • Post Score: 234

06.27.2021 | 8:52 PM ET

I know that you would like a small amount of events for this card, but are you interested in adding the Showtime card happening on July 3rd?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.28.2021 | 9:00 PM ET

@trackandfield I would've added it if I remembered but I somehow forgot about it when I was setting the game up and there isn't a feature to change, add or drop events during the game ourselves so I can't add it unfortunately. It's a better card so I should've put it in instead of the Ito VS Valentine card so I ****** up on that one I'm afraid. My apologies. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.06.2021 | 10:52 AM ET

PPC 34 Results!

It may have been a smaller event but that didn't make it any less competitive as there was only 30 points between 1st and 3rd! Congratulations to @evertonsantos for ending @FistyMcKickerChoke's win streak to claim his 4th PPC Title! It was a hard fought victory and very well deserved! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 35 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @Schatte for finishing in a very close 2nd, only 20 points away from winning! Well done as well to @trackandfield who finished in 3rd making it the first time he's finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

Finally, I just want to thank everyone for taking part and for their patience while we waited for the CFFC 98 results to be verified and I hope to see you all in the PPC 35 when I set it up later today!

The full PPC 34 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38067

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.06.2021 | 3:31 PM ET

The PPC 35 is now open!

The PPC 35 is another 3 event PPC. The events are:

• Zurdo VS Barrera (boxing card)
  • Cage Titans 49
  • UFC 264

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38192

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.12.2021 | 8:07 PM ET

PPC 35 Results!

The PPC now has it's 18th new champion in it's history books after a very wild and unpredictable event where the table was constantly shifting all over the place! Congratulations to @Yo3L_R0mero for winning his first PPC Title! You always said that you were coming for the belt and now that you've finally got it, the challenge is to try and defend it! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 36 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @J Dub izzle for finishing in 2nd in a very competitive game! I finished in 3rd behind him.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 36!

The full PPC 35 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38192

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.12.2021 | 8:37 PM ET

The PPC 36 is now open!

The PPC 36 will be a 4 event game! The events are:

• Bellator 262
  • LFA 111
  • UFC Fight Night: Makhachev VS Moisés
  • Jermell Charlo VS Brian Castano (boxing card)

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/38460

* Edited at 07.12.2021, 8:37 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’