Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,488  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 10

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.15.2022 | 10:48 PM ET

PPC 76 Results!

Congratulations to @hunterp for winning his 11th PPC Title! With this win, he extends his all time PPC wins record even further! (@pureincognito has the 2nd most PPC wins with 7) As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 77 when I set it up tomorrow evening!

Well done to @pureincognito for finishing in 2nd and to to @Judo for finishing in 3rd! Kinda interesting that the two most successful players in the competition's history finished in 1st and 2nd respectively!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 77 when I set it up tomorrow evening! (I'm too tired to do it as it's nearly 4am lol)

The full PPC 76 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49147

PriscillaMello
PriscillaMello
  • Predictions:  35,292  |  72.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 378

05.16.2022 | 1:18 AM ET

As I was reading the results of the PPC thread I think I accidentally clicked "report", but I didn't mean to! Sorry!

"Remember why you started"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.16.2022 | 10:00 PM ET

@Priscillamello

Honestly, this cancel culture is getting ridiculous! No worries though, it happens lol!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.16.2022 | 11:28 PM ET

The PPC 77 is now open!

The PPC 77 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Petchmorakot VS Vienot
  • Eagle FC 47: Dos Santos VS De Castro
  • ACA 139: Vartanyan VS Ilunga
  • Buatsi VS Richards (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Holm VS Vieira 
  • Benavidez VS Lemieux (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49440

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,679  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,554
  • Post Score: 236

05.17.2022 | 11:53 AM ET

Thank you for the invite, Stephen! I missed getting in but I'll be a ghost player please

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.17.2022 | 10:15 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Of course mate! I'll give you the link to the game on your page so you can follow it and let the others know you're in as well! @GodCandy and @thebluedash have asked to be ghost players as well so we're already up to 19 players!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.22.2022 | 8:38 PM ET

PPC 77 Results!

It was very close at the top of the table but congratulations to @tepid55 for winning his 4th PPC Title! This was a very competitive PPC so that was a hard fought win! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 78 when I set it up tomorrow evening!

Well done as well to @ricky79 who finished in 2nd, only45 points away from victory and to @pureincognito who finished just 5 points below him in 3rd!

As for out ghost players, @FistyMcKickerChoke finished in 16th with 2,305 points, @GodCandy finished in 17th with 2,205 points and @thebluedash finished in 18th with 1,835 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for playing and I hope to see you in the PPC 78 when I set it up tomorrow evening!

The full PPC 77 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49440

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.23.2022 | 10:22 PM ET

The PPC 78 is now open!

The PPC 78 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• Cage Warriors 137
  • CFFC 109: Curatolo VS Paiva
  • KSW 70: Pudzian VS Materla
  • Cage Warriors 138
  • Tank VS Rollie (boxing)

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49644

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.30.2022 | 11:18 PM ET

PPC 78 Results!

The PPC 78 has given us another new name to add to the list of PPC Champions! Congratulations to one of our ghost players @PriscillaMello for winning her first ever PPC Title and becoming only the 2nd ghost player to win a PPC after @MattyViceGrip in the PPC 43! She scored 1,925 points. As the current PPC Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 79!

Well done as well to @hunterp and @Schatte for finishing in 2nd and 3rd respectively!

As for our other ghost players, @GodCandy scored 1,740 to finish in 4th and @Judo finished in joint 8th with 1,625 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 79 when I set it up tomorrow!

The full PPC 78 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49644

PriscillaMello
PriscillaMello
  • Predictions:  35,292  |  72.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 378

05.31.2022 | 12:04 AM ET

What an honor to have won what is one of the most traditional, if not the greatest, games in Tapology history. I'll have this as my early birthday present, which will be this saturday. Congratulations to Stephen for the effort he puts into this game, as well as each one of you who participate in it, putting your knowledge to the test and raising the level of competition. Thank you 👻

"Remember why you started"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,778  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,527
  • Post Score: 13

05.31.2022 | 12:17 AM ET

Stephen Terry

What is PPC?

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.31.2022 | 8:32 PM ET

@PriscillaMelo

Thank you and congratulations again! Happy birthday for Saturday as well!

@JReynolds47

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a free to enter fantasy game competition I run every week or so on here consisting of the major/notable MMA and boxing events of the upcoming week. Basically, of the events in the game, whoever has the most points across those events wins! I'm about to set up the PPC 79, I'll send you and invite if you want! I'll also post all the results and upcoming games in this thread as well!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.31.2022 | 8:53 PM ET

The PPC 79 is now open!

The PPC 79 is a 7 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship 158: Tawanchai VS Larsen
  • LFA 133: Stack VS Delano
  • MMA Series 52: Moscow Calling
  • EFC 94
  • UFC Fight Night: Volkov VS Rozenstruik
  • Fulton Jr. VS Roman (boxing)
  • Kambosos VS Honey (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49736

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.06.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

PPC 79 Results!

This game was a very close battle between the all time leading PPC winner and the defending PPC Champion! Congratulations to @hunterp for winning his 12th PPC Title! He got a hard fought win by beating the defending champion @PriscillaMello by just 35 points! As the defending PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 80 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @PriscillaMello who came very close to defending her title and to @pureincognito for finishing in 3rd!

As for our ghost player @Cheeseball, he finished in 4th with 3,535 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 80 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 79 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49736

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.06.2022 | 8:24 PM ET

The PPC 80 is now open!

The PPC 80 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• Cage Warriors 139
  • LFA 134
  • ShoBox New Generation (boxing)
  • UFC 275: Teixeira VS Procházka
  • Berlanga VS Angulo (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49897

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 10:13 PM ET

PPC 80 Results!

Congratulations to @hunterp for successfully defending his PPC Title! This is also his 13th PPC Title overall, extending his most PPC wins record! If he wins the PPC 81 then he'd become the first person to win 3 PPC's in a row! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 81 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @MANGA18 for finishing in 2nd! This is the first time he's finished in the top 3 so well done for reaching that milestone! Well done as well to @AyyLmaonnaise for finishing 3rd!

As for out ghost player @JReynolds47, he finished in 17th with 1,330 points but I'm sure this would've been higher if he'd picked the boxing events as well.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 81!

The full PPC 80 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/49897

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,778  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,527
  • Post Score: 13

06.13.2022 | 10:16 PM ET

Stephen Terry

Can i get in on the next one?

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 10:29 PM ET

@JReynolds47 

Of course mate, I'll send you the invite to it!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 10:35 PM ET

The PPC 81 is now open!

The PPC 81 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• PFL 4: 2022 Regular Season
  • Brave CF 95 & ATF 11: Kubanychbek VS Eskaraev
  • KSW 71: Ziółkowski VS Rajewski
  • UFC Fight Night: Kattar VS Emmett
  • Beterbiev VS Smith Jr. (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50130

Hippie
Hippie

06.13.2022 | 10:37 PM ET

Congratulations @hunterp!

Hope all is well Terry.  I’ll take an invite if you have room.

Thanks,

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • UFC.com : Rodrigo Nascimento Out To Prove He Belongs
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more