Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 7

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.14.2021 | 10:06 PM ET

The PPC 54 is now open!

The PPC 54 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• ACA 132: Johnson VS Vakhaev
  • UFC Fight Night: Vieira VS Tate
  • RIZIN 32
  • Andrade VS Quigley (boxing)
  • Crawford VS Porter (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42538

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.21.2021 | 12:28 PM ET

PPC 54 Results!

Congratulations to @editmichel for successfully defending his PPC Title in the PPC 54! This is now the 2nd time in a row you've won it and the 3rd time in total! If you win the PPC 55 then you'd have broken the record for the most PPC wins in a row! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 55 when I set it up shortly! 

Well done as well to @Schatte for finishing in 2nd for the 2nd week in a row! This is now the 4th week in a row that you've finished in the top 3! If you finish in the top 3 next week then you'd have broken the record for the most top 3 finishes in a row! Well done as well to @drfozztech for finishing in 3rd for the first time!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you all in the PPC 55 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 54 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42538

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.21.2021 | 3:34 PM ET

The PPC 55 is now open!

The PPC 55 is a 3 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: NextGen 3
  • Lopez VS Kambosos Jr. (boxing)
  • RIZIN Trigger 1st

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42729

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.28.2021 | 8:53 PM ET

PPC 55 Results!

The PPC 55 has given us another new PPC Champion! Congratulations to @Kairos El for winning his first and long awaited PPC Title! Very hard fought and as the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 56 when I set it up tomorrow!

Well done as well to @joe kerr for finishing in 2nd on his PPC debut which is no mean feat! Well done as well to @tepid55 for finishing in 3rd!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 56 when I set it up tomorrow!

The full PPC 55 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42729

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.29.2021 | 9:57 PM ET

The PPC 56 is now open!

The PPC 56 is a 7 event game. The events are:

• ONE Championship: Winter Warriors
  • Bellator 272: Pettis VS Horiguchi
  • LFA 119: Silveira VS Revel
  • ACA 133: Bimarzaev VS Lima
  • Arthur VS Yarde 2 (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Font VS Aldo
  • Haney VS Diaz Jr. (boxing)

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42840

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

11.30.2021 | 11:57 AM ET

Thank you for the invite, it still filled up before I could accept! I'd like to be a ghost player this week, I haven't won in a while

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.01.2021 | 7:03 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

No worries mate, I'll add you as a ghost player! I'll give you the link to the game on your profile page! Good luck on winning again!

* Edited at 12.01.2021, 7:04 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.05.2021 | 10:35 PM ET

PPC 56 Results!

The PPC 56 was one of the biggest events ever with 19 entrants and 7 events! Congratulations to @editmichel for winning his 4th PPC Title! He's now won 4 out of the last 7 PPC's! As the current Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 57!

Well done to @FistyMcKickerChoke who joined as a ghost player and managed to finish in a very close 2nd, only 40 points away from winning! Well done as well to @ricky79 for finishing in 3rd only 20 points away from 2nd!

As for our other 3 ghost players, @Jamahal Peruanski finished in 11th with 2,630 points, @macieksleczek finished in 14th with 2,300 points and @GodCandy finished in 18th with 2,235 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 57 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 56 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/42840

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.05.2021 | 11:29 PM ET

The PPC 57 is now open!

The PPC 57 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• Cage Warriors 131: Bonner VS Melan
  • LFA 120: Cantuária VS Horth
  • Cage Warriors 132: Wooding VS Abreu
  • Lomachenko VS Commey (boxing)
  • UFC 269: Oliveira VS Poirier
  • Donaire VS Baballo (boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/43360

* Edited at 12.05.2021, 11:29 PM ET *

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

12.06.2021 | 11:37 AM ET

Can I be a ghost player?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.06.2021 | 7:12 PM ET

@tepid55 

Of course mate, I'll give you the link to the game on your page! Good luck!

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.07.2021 | 1:16 PM ET

I'd like to be a ghost player again too please. Has a ghost ever won before?

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.07.2021 | 8:39 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Of course I'll add you as a ghost player mate! I'll give you the link on your page! Good luck!

And now for a history lesson about one of the biggest **** ups but subsequently, most important moments in the history of the PPC. 

To answer your question, yes, @MattyViceGrip won the PPC 43 as a ghost player which coincidentally is his only PPC Title! I made a bit of a **** up on that one as I accidentally declared @kush0331 the winner before adding up the scores of the ghost players and realising that @MattyViceGrip had actually won. You know that giant wall of text that nobody reads before the games? They're the Unified Rules of The PPC which I established over the course of the next week as a direct result of this **** up. They cover every scenario I can think off and are a much improved version of the basic rules that I'd been posting up until that point and were no longer fit for purpose. Luckily I haven't made a **** up like that since! Here's the link to the PPC 42 so you can relive the moment as it happened:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/40095

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.08.2021 | 3:26 PM ET

That's hilarious, and yeah I thought that text was just like an End User License Agreement and we were all supposed to just scroll to the end and hit "Accept" without reading it

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.08.2021 | 8:05 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

It's for my own benefit more than anything lol! If a weird situation comes up, I'll just look over it and hope I set a precedent for it already to make it easier. I don't expect anyone to read it and frankly if anyone does, they should be awarded with a Tapology award! @Gregory should make a "I actually read the Unified Rules of The PPC" Award! A pink ribbon with PPC in black lettering would be a fitting graphic for it I think lol!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.12.2021 | 12:32 PM ET

PPC 57 Results!

The PPC 57 has seen the greatest comeback in PPC history! Congratulations to @Steven Seagalski who has come back after a taking a break from Tapology to win his 3rd PPC Title! This is his first win since the PPC 7 exactly 50 events PPC's ago! (needless to say that this is a new record for the longest time between PPC wins)! We'll never know what he was doing in that time off from Tapology but he was obviously keeping up with his MMA and boxing in that time off! Very well deserved and as the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 58 when I set it up later!

I finished in 2nd and well done to @trackandfield for finishing 3rd!

As for our ghost players, we saw the most competitive battle for 11th place ever as all 3 of you finished within 10 points of each other! @mmmma finished in 11th with 2,820 points, @FistyMcKickerChoke finished in 12th with 2,815 points and @tepid55 finished in 13th with 2,810 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 58 when I set it up later!

The full PPC 57 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/43360

* Edited at 12.12.2021, 12:33 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.12.2021 | 7:29 PM ET

The PPC 58 is now open!

The PPC 58 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• ACA 134: Bagov VS Koshkin
  • ONE Championship: Winter Warriors 2
  • KSW 65: Khalidov VS Soldić
  • UFC Fight Night: Lewis VS Daukaus
  • Parker VS Chisora 2 (boxing)
  • Paul VS Woodley 2 (circus boxing)

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/44586

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.19.2021 | 8:39 PM ET

PPC 58 Results!

After 7 top 3 finishes without a win (4x 2nd's and 3x 3rd's) our best ever player never to win has finally got his long overdue victory! Congratulations to @Schatte for finally winning your first PPC Title! You've always been one of the most consistently good players but that title has always just been out of your reach but now you've finally won it! As the current PPC Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 59 when I set it up shortly!

Well done to one of our ghost players @Judo who finished in 2nd with 2,865 points! Well done as well to @trackandfield for finishing in 3rd!

Our other ghost player @mmma finished in a very respectable 5th place with 2,795 points!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 59! It's the time of year when there isn't much going on for fight fans but ACA are doing a card on Christmas day, RIZIN are doing their annual New Years Eve card and there is also a halfway decent boxing card headlined between Luis Ortiz and Charles Martin on New Years day so the PPC 59 will cover the Christmas/end of year period for a couple of weeks!

The full PPC 59 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/44586

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.19.2021 | 8:56 PM ET

The PPC 59 is now open!

The PPC 59 is a 3 event game that will cover the Christmas and New Year period. The events are:

• ACA Young Eagles 23: Grand-Prix Finals
  • RIZIN 33
  • Ortiz VS Martin (boxing)

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/44896

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.03.2022 | 10:34 AM ET

PPC 59 Results!

The PPC 59 was another extremely close game that was decided by just 20 points! Congratulations to @Steven Seagalski for winning his 4th PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 60 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @hunterp for finishing in 2nd, just 20 points away from victory! I finished in 3rd for the 10th time.

As for our ghost players, @Yo3L_R0mero finished in 12th with 1,975 points and @GodCandy finished in 15th with 1,455 points.

Last but not least, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you as the PPC heads into the 60's with the PPC 60!

The full PPC 59 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/44896

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson