Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 2

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.23.2021 | 1:38 PM ET

PPC 19 Results: A Retraction

I mentioned a few posts ago that I'd correct myself if the PPC 19 table changed due to the boxing card and it has. I apologise to everyone for the **** up and especially to those who are now in worse positions because of the error. 

Congratulations to our rightful PPC 19 Champion @hunterp for winning his 2nd PPC Title! I have updated you as the winner on my profile page!

Well done as well to @pureincognito who still retains his 2nd place spot and I apologise to @MattyViceGrip, who is now in 3rd for accidentally declaring you the winner. 3rd place is still impressive seeing how close it was though!

I apologise again for my **** up and I hope that the PPC 20 runs smoother next time.

The final PPC 19 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34412

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.28.2021 | 11:18 AM ET

PPC 20 Results!

Luckily the PPC 20 went a lot smoother than the last game while still being a close and exciting game! I won it and equalled @15Rounds's record of 3 PPC wins! 

Well done to @hunterp and @tepid55 for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively with only 15 points between them!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 21 when I set it up later!

The full PPC 20 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34693

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.28.2021 | 2:04 PM ET

The PPC 21 is now open!

Bellator 255 will be used in place of the major MMA event normally occupied by the UFC due to the lack of a UFC event this week. It also features DEEP Osaka Impact 2021 and the boxing card headlined by Jamel Herring and Carl Frampton! Good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34995

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,305  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

03.28.2021 | 2:15 PM ET

@Stephen Terry

Would you add kickboxing, Muay Thai, and grappling events if/when those become available for picks?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.28.2021 | 2:18 PM ET

@tepid55

Yes I would! The original aim of the PPC was the see who had the best all-round combat sports knowledge which is why there was the UFC event (mainstream MMA), the smaller MMA event (to test more obscure MMA knowledge and a boxing card. If other combat sports were added then the game would change to feature those as well! I'd love to see those other sports being made available for picks one day!

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,305  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

03.28.2021 | 2:23 PM ET

You should include some ONE Championship events in your games.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.28.2021 | 2:45 PM ET

@tepid55

I have included some ONE Championship events in the past (recently the "smaller MMA event" has been changed to "non-UFC event" as I got tired of trying to find the results for the really obscure events on sketchy websites) but unfortunately we still can't pick the non-MMA fights in those events despite those fights being listed on here which is a shame. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.04.2021 | 12:06 PM ET

PPC 21 Results!

The PPC 21 was the closest game so far with only 10 points between 1st and 2nd and only 35 points between 1st and 3rd! Congratulations to @Steven Seagalski for winning his 3rd PPC Title and equalling me and @15Rounds for the most PPC wins with 3 wins each! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 22 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @HiDefff and @tepid55 for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively in an extremely competitive game!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone else who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 22!

The full PPC 21 table can be found here:

* Edited at 04.04.2021, 12:06 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.05.2021 | 10:34 AM ET

PPC 21 Results: A Retraction

Just like the PPC 19, one of the events got updated after I announced the winner. This time, I mistakenly announced @Steven Seagalski as the Champion and after the update it turns out that @HiDefff is actually the rightful PPC Champion! Congratulations to @HiDefff and commiserations to @Steven Seagalski who is now in 2nd. @tepid55 remains in 3rd. 

The full PPC 21 table can be found here:

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.05.2021 | 10:51 AM ET

The PPC 22 is now open!

Here is the link to the PPC 22 which includes the UFC: Vettori VS Holland card, Bellator 256 and the Benn VS Vargas boxing card that not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 belts on the line! Good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35205

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.10.2021 | 8:20 PM ET

PPC 22 Results!

The PPC 22 was unique as it was the first PPC event with 17 players instead of the old maximum of 16! This was because @thebluedash was too late to enter but said in the comments of the game that he'd be interested in playing and as he said this before the first event began, I decided that that I would include him in the game by adding up his scores manually and then working out where they fitted into the table. Going forward, I have decided that if anyone is late to the game but makes a comment stating that they want to play in the game's comments before the first event goes off then I will include them! Hopefully this way the game will be more inclusive and less people miss out!

Anyway, congratulations to @pureincognito for winning his 2nd PPC Title! As the current Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 23 when I set it up tomorrow!

Well done as well to @J Dub izzle for finishing in 2nd! I also finished in 3rd. 

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 23!

The full PPC 22 table can be found here (note that our 17th entrant @thebluedash finished joint 8th with @HiDefff so everyone below them moves down a spot):

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35205

* Edited at 04.10.2021, 8:22 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.11.2021 | 9:52 AM ET

The PPC 23 is now open!

The PPC 23 contains the Bellator 257, LFA 104, UFC Fight Night: Whittaker VS Gastelum, Dignum VS Sirotkin boxing card and the Jake Paul VS Ben Askren boxing circus just for a laugh! Good luck everyone and as I said in the above post, if you are late joining the game you are still able to compete if you make a comment in the games comments before the first event starts and I'll work your score out manually so don't worry if you want to join and all the spaces are filled up, just leave a comment and I'll include you!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35442

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.18.2021 | 10:18 AM ET

PPC 23 Results!

The PPC 23 has now broken the record for the closest PPC event as even after 5 events there was only 5 points between 1st and 2nd! I think it will be a while until that gets matched for closeness! Congratulations to @evertonsantos for winning his 2nd PPC title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 24!

I came in a close 2nd just 5 points behind him and @hunterp finished in 3rd!

I also just want to say a huge thank you to everyone else who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 24 when I set it up later today!

The full PPC 23 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35442

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.18.2021 | 6:49 PM ET

The PPC 24 is now open!

The PPC 24 is now open and contains the Ring City: Franklin VS Shaw boxing card, PFL 2021 #1: Regular Season and UFC 261! Good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35755

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.25.2021 | 11:58 AM ET

PPC 24 Results!

Congratulations to @hunterp for winning the PPC 24 which is his 3rd PPC Title! He has now equalled me and @15Rounds for the most PPC wins with 3 each! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 25 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @pureincognito who was a bit unlucky to finish 2nd after leading for most of the game! I finished in 3rd behind him!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone else who took part and I hope to see you in the PPC 25!

The full PPC 24 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/35755

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.25.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

The PPC 25 is now open!

The PPC 25 includes the PFL 2021 #2: Regular Season, the Dereck Chisora VS Joseph Parker boxing card and the UFC Fight Night: Reyes vs. Procházka! Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36073

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.02.2021 | 6:26 PM ET

PPC 25 Results!

The PPC 25 was a very close event as @Steven Seagalski and @tepid55 were tied for 1st after the PFL card and were still tied for 1st after the boxing card! Congratulations to @tepid55 who eventually won his first PPC Title with just 60 points to spare after the UFC card! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 26 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @Steven Seagalski who earnt a hard fought 2nd place and to @Cheeseball as well for finishing 3rd which also happens to be the first time he's finished in the top 3!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 26 when I set it up!

The full PPC 25 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36073

* Edited at 05.02.2021, 6:27 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.02.2021 | 8:35 PM ET

The PPC 26 is now open!

The PPC 26 is now open and includes the Canelo VS Saunders boxing card, Bellator 258 and this week's UFC fight night! Good luck everyone! 

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36317

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.09.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

PPC 26 Results!

The PPC 26 was another close game with only 30 points between 1st and 2nd! Congratulations to @mmmma for winning his first PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 27 when I set it up later today! 

Well done as well to @MB alias Mboris for finishing in a close 2nd place and well done as well to @LamoureMMA for finishing 3rd! This also marks the first time that any of these three have finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone else for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 27 when I set it up later today!

The full PPC 26 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36317#comments

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.09.2021 | 6:23 PM ET

The PPC 27 is now open!

The PPC 27 is a 5 game event that features:

• LFA 107
  • ONE Championship: Dangal
  • MMA SERIES-32
  • Harper VS Choi boxing card
  • UFC 262

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36575

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins