Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 3

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

05.10.2021 | 1:05 PM ET

I missed bellator picks last week then didn't enter before it filled up this time, rough!

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.10.2021 | 7:14 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

In the PPC 22, I decided to let @thebluedash play as even though all the spaces had filled up, as he still expressed interest in playing by commenting in the comments section of the game (you can still comment on game pages even if you're not in them) before the first event started so I just added up his scores for the events manually and worked out where he would fit in the table and I'm happy to do this again for you if you want to play! Just leave a comment in the game's comments so that the other's know you're in the game (so that they are not confused as **** should you win or place!) and I'll work out your scores and where you finish in the table when I announce the result at the end of the game! This offer is also extended to anyone else who wants to play but couldn't get in before it filled up!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36575

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

05.11.2021 | 12:24 PM ET

You're one of the nicest people on this site, Stephen. I might take you up on that if I find I do really well on the first event, but otherwise I'll just do my best to get into next week's game.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.11.2021 | 3:31 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Well for the sake of fairness, I'd the others in the game know before the first event goes off so that we're all starting at the same time otherwise it would seem like you were trying to get an advantage by seeing how well you did in the first event and then joining if you knew you were in a good position but you've still got until the LFA on Friday at 9pm ET so you've still got a few days to think about it!

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

05.11.2021 | 4:17 PM ET

I hadn't even considered that but you're absolutely right, that could appear unfair. Well I do think I want to join, I don't want to miss another opportunity at PPC greatness!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.11.2021 | 4:21 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

OK then, you are now officially in the PPC 27! I'll let the others in the game know that you are now included! You can still join in with the conversations in the comments but I think you'll have to click this link each time you want to check what's going on as I'm not sure if the "new discussion in PPC 27" would pop up or not. Good luck and hopefully you won't finish 17th lol!

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

05.11.2021 | 4:36 PM ET

Thanks Stephen!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.11.2021 | 4:41 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

No worries mate! It's always good to have the PPC 6 & 15 Champion competing!

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,358  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 441

05.11.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Good luck Fisty!

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski

05.11.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Good luck Stephen!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.11.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

@Steven Seagalski

Thanks, good luck to you too! And remember:

* Edited at 05.11.2021, 6:35 PM ET *

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski

05.11.2021 | 6:43 PM ET

YESSS!!!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.11.2021 | 6:45 PM ET

It will be interesting to see who ends up finishing 17th lol!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.16.2021 | 8:45 AM ET

PPC 27 Results!

The PPC 27 was the 2nd 17 player PPC event after the PPC 22 and it was certainly a competitive one! Congratulations to @evertonsantos for winning his 3rd PPC Title! He is now tied with me, @15Rounds and @hunterp for the most PPC wins with 3 each! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 28 when I set it up later today!

Well done to the PPC 26 winner @mmmma for finishing in a close 2nd and to @Schatte for finishing 3rd! This also marks the first time @Schatte has finished in the top 3 of a PPC event!

As for our invisible player @FistyMcKickerChoke, he finished in 12th with 1,505 points so everyone below him moves down a spot.

Finally I just want to say a massive thank you to all the participants for making it such a good game and I hope to see you in the PPC 28!

The full PPC 27 table can be found here:

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.16.2021 | 5:03 PM ET

The PPC 28 is now open!

I've decided to experiment with a 6 event game as there are tons of great fights this week! The events are:

• Invicta on AXS TV
  • Bellator 259
  • LFA 108
  • Eggington VS Molina (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Font VS Garbrandt
  • Ramirez VS Taylor (boxing)

Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36799

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski

05.20.2021 | 8:09 PM ET

Can I get in on PPC 28 if I lock picks tonight?

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.21.2021 | 9:13 AM ET

@Steven Seagalski

No problem! I'll let the others know in the comments of the game that you're in! You can still comment in the comments section of the game (even I recently found out that you can comment on public games that you're not in as long as you have the link which is pretty cool) but I'm not sure if the alerts will pop up when a new comment has been made or not so to see what's going on in the game, you'll have to click on the link to it. Good luck!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36799

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski

05.21.2021 | 6:36 PM ET

Thanks Stephen you're awesome. Good luck! 

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski

05.21.2021 | 6:37 PM ET

Oh yeah almost forgot. DON'T GET ELIMINATED!!!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.21.2021 | 6:46 PM ET

@Steven Seagalski

Good luck to you too! Don't finish 17th lol! That would be the ultimate elimination!

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang
  • MMA Mania : Jake Paul’s $10 Million Offer ‘Still Stands’ For MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul offers Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz $10 million for MMA fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Robert Whittaker not sold on Bo Nickal after UFC 300, says he has ‘work to do’ before fighting Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'