Topic: UFC 260

UFC 260: Miocic vs. N'Gannou 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,026
  • Post Score: 47

01.02.2021 | 3:30 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 260
  • Saturday 03.27.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Francis NGannou   defeats   Stipe Miocic   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   0:52 Round 2 of 5, 5:52 Total Bout Page
Vicente Luque   defeats   Tyron Woodley   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Thomas Almeida   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   3:52 Round 3 of 3, 13:52 Total Bout Page
Miranda Maverick   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Mullarkey   defeats   Khama Worthy   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground and Pound   0:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Fabio Cherant   via Submission, Von Flue Choke   1:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Abubakar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Jared Gooden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Omar Morales   defeats   Shane Young   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marc-André Barriault   defeats   Abu Azaitar   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:56 Round 3 of 3, 14:56 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 15

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

03.26.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Damienhandel420

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2584th

Woodley lucky to even be in the co main😂
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

03.26.2021 | 6:53 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2584th

"Time is the enemy. "

Hippie
Hippie

03.26.2021 | 7:38 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 210th

# 5 and the Faceoffs

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

03.26.2021 | 7:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 1580th

Mullarkey vs. Worthy
Jamie Mullarkey, DEC
Jamie should have won his last fight 29-28 UD. Far superior wrestling and when he connects hard has some power he was rocking riddell a lot while taking a beating from him (riddell much harder matchup than here) jamie was talking in his interview about wanting to try to finish more after that robbery so with the fact that khama was coming off a KO (which wasn't really a KO but I can see why he stopped it but a little soon) and that he's been KOed early before I think maybe jamie KOd him but more than likely wins a dominant 30-27 UD. Khana has power but his striking is kinda slow and telegraphed. I think the only way he wins is a slick sub during a transition like luis pena fight. I feel like some last minute money may come in on worthy so going to wait but probs going to bet mullarky as the slight underdog.

Millershades
Millershades
  • Predictions:  22  |  77.3%
  • Forum Posts:  74
  • Post Score: 520

03.26.2021 | 8:21 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 868th

Tyron Woodley   vs.   Vicente Luque 

The year is 2053. 

You walk the crumbling pavement littered with torn Bonds and REIT contracts beneath an unholy green nuclear borealis, a Geiger counter crackling in one hand, weaving you way between decrepit skysc****rs lurching floor after floor of broken blackened windows save a few lit hellishly by plastic fed fires leaking greasy smoke into the sulphorous night air.

Two hundred feet away a tank painted in transflag pastels is  rolling over a nest of  tireless gutted EV's, stacked like scarab chitin beneath the sickly  pale blue bug-zapper light of a caged regime sign that dully pulses the message 'Build back better'. You mentally pray to Cardi B's WAP it spares you no interest--*****s and sequins fired at high velocities are fatal. 

Sour winds carry the symphony of the Collaborated Uniparty National Trust's utopia: Glass shattering as a mob of peaceful protestors liberate Yeezy V23567's from a sports store that takes bread as credit. Gibbering Rag-clad lunatics acting out Shakespearian delusions in unlit narrow alleys puddled with open sewage. Somewhere between the endless sirens and wailing women, the sonorous bell-dongs of a child being beaten with a pan ring out the hour.

You round a corner and are met the scene of woman in a crinoline fairy skirt masturbating furiously beside a rusty dumpster that is overflowing with ****-stained Ben Franklins--a fiat long rendered meaningless by successive QE and deflationary spirals such that its only current value is whatever application can be wrought from it. Well inured to virtually every species of  social degeneracy imaginable  you are unmoved. Yesterday in this very place, you barely registered a long-bearded man in a loincloth eating an unplucked pigeon like an apple.

You move to cross the street and are forced to quickly dive into the gutter to avoid a rapidly accelerating garbage truck which suddenly veers off and plows directly into the pervert mid-jerk, before backing over the body, and screeching off in a spin of smoke. You've not intention of administering aid but, having decided in an instant the creature is decidedly better off, and given the possibility that she might be carrying some State-issued larvae Soylent, and given the fact you've eaten nothing save a sparrow and a pound of weeds all week, you move to inspect the body. 

The woman, if such things existed as meaningful distinctions now, lies face down. Her apparent sex despite the presence of a brassiere and neon ribbons in her oily hair, is belied by a lumberjack's neck and thick tangles of hair across the shoulders, chest and back. A Xe. What else? Through the gloom you can make out a mapping of piercings and tattoos; here, an anarchy symbol, there, a squirting phallus in black ink headed by the letters 'BLM 4 Lyfe'. Xe is like a tacky ball of lard rolled raw through a stamp collection and a junkie's rug.

As you turn the the body over with the tip of your boot, hoping the smell will not impregnate the leather, a dirty rind of moon peeps out through the clouds, illuminating it's face. You know this person.

It's Erison.

You startle back as one swollen eye cracks open, a hand of sooty sausage-like fingers splayed at wrong angles raises something up for you to inspect. It's faded, autographed photograph of Tyron Woodley--no doubt the inspiration for the night's debauchery, and judging by the overall wearing, that of many previous. Woodley, having died in a fight with Gabbi Garcia, entering the bout 16-48-2, has not fought in over a decade.

He smiles, the few remaining teeth heavily stained with crayon, and before expiring forever rasps out 'Woodey...My Boy woody...one day gonna get back that belt'.....

This user is suspended from posting until 6 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 149

03.26.2021 | 8:21 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 435 Points   |   Tied for 1402nd

Almeida vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
omalley catches him with a knee shooting in

Hippie
Hippie

03.26.2021 | 8:29 PM ET

^ ^

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 210th

@ Millershades, beautiful work mate!   Enjoyed the read.. 👍🏼 

Or Erison..

* Edited at 03.26.2021, 8:30 PM ET *

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,627  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

03.26.2021 | 8:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2181st

Menifield vs. Cherant
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
I hate Menifield and love Cherant, but I have to put all that aside. Menifield has faced (and beaten on some occasions) much better fighters than Cherant. Also, Cherant’s only loss was with the UFC, so I don’t see him winning here either. I really hope he wins tho 🙏🏻

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

TheDisasters
TheDisasters
  • Predictions:  1,362  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 269

03.26.2021 | 9:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2056th

Woodley vs. Luque
Vicente Luque, DEC
I think this could end with a flurry tko or submission but I think a decision is more likely.

Almeida vs. O'Malley
Thomas Almeida, TKO, R2
By repeated calf-kick!

Robertson vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, DEC
Good grappling match. Fans won't like it but I think it'll be pretty good.

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Abu Azaitar, DEC
I can't believe this is a fight in the UFC.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,315
  • Post Score: 285

03.26.2021 | 9:30 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1691st

@Millershades

"Dystopian fantasy MMA" is a book genre that I didn't realise I needed in my life! That was very well written!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

03.26.2021 | 9:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Menifield vs. Cherant
Fabio Cherant, DEC
if it gets to the judges cherant by decision for sure. cherant got a good chance to lock a submission around the middle of round 2. menifield best chance will be early ko round 1. i think cherant survives and wins a decision i'll take the plus money here.

Mmcguigan901
Mmcguigan901
  • Predictions:  1,882  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 550

03.26.2021 | 10:36 PM ET

Weight (Could be huge).

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

We all know how the first bout went between these guys, Stipe with the general picking and popping along with the takedowns and just dominance in general. The weigh-ins are slightly concerning, I emphasise slightly. Francis weighing in at 263, exactly the same as the first - comparative to Stipe at 234 who weighed in at 245 the first bout isn't detrimental on the stand up. Reason being, stipe is quicker, lighter, easier weight to carry so cardio will be the same as DC 3 (went 5 at the same pace). My problem with the 29lb differentiation is the wrestling, Stipe won the first fight with those single leg TD's so that Francis would have to carry all the weight on the way down. This worked well as Francis wasn't totally aware and was a virgin to the championship experience. Francis now knowing that Stipe who only was 17lb less at the time adored those single legs will most likely have tranquilised that weakness in his TD defence to a certain extent (I imagine he worked on his TD defence in prep for Cain and Curtis, but we have no real way of seeing that because, well you know...) So, my point is that with Stipe being 29lb in deficit to Francis could be a huge factor, Francis will make him shoot for a double which could tire stipe out carrying that weight - or conversely, Francis goes for an unorthodox TD and just lays on Stipe for the round slowly chipping away knowing Stipe can't benchpress 30lbs above his weight. Still see Stipe by decision, just wanted to play devils advocate for a bit (tap won't let me change my error from Ngannou to Stipe).

"A prolix rhetorician inebriated by the exuberance of his own verbosity"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

03.27.2021 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 1580th

Gooden vs. Nurmagomedov
Abubakar Nurmagomedov, DEC
Definitely value on Golden here he may have the better stand up but with khabibs in the corner I gotta imagine anytime abu is hurt he can lean into the wrestling and cruise out a decision. Wouldn't wanna bet on this fight.

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

03.27.2021 | 12:45 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1418th

lol that is a Fishrat burner account if I've ever seen one. It's got all the hallmarks. Weird America-obsessed political half thoughts, as only someone from another country would write. Coded racism, anti-feminism, shoehorned BLM jabs. Then there's the dead giveaway that I've only ever had one semi political comment on here, and it was a similarly wordy argument with our self proclaimed fantasy novelist and narcissist. (it was also Tyron Woodley adjacent, so I guess he thinks I'm a fan or something?)

I was hoping for an organic opportunity to make a joke about how he WITHOUT A DOUBT lurks on here looking for people mentioning his name, but nobody ever mentioned him at all, so my chance never came up. So he just straight up logged back in. Sometimes you gotta make your own luck.

Picking Luque by the by.

* Edited at 03.27.2021, 1:12 AM ET *

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

03.27.2021 | 12:51 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2792nd

Miocic vs. N'Gannou II
Stipe Miocic, DEC
it'd be cool if francis won, but the reality is that his best win in the 4 fight streak is the first one, so i'll run with the best value bet of the evening and say stipe plays it smart again.

Woodley vs. Luque
Vicente Luque, DEC
i think luque will eat the few shots tyron throws and just win off volume and quality.

Almeida vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
this is blatantly supposed to be a bounceback. i think thomas will be too eager to engage.

Robertson vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, DEC
thinking maverick can avoid robertson's tricky guard and is probably the more potent striker.

Mullarkey vs. Worthy
Khama Worthy, TKO, R2
worthy has given us more to be excited about.

Menifield vs. Cherant
Fabio Cherant, SUB, R2
i'll take a chance here and say cherant is able to make it a grind and tire menifield out.

Gooden vs. Nurmagomedov
Abubakar Nurmagomedov, DEC
brought in good for jouban, feels like another lineup here.

Bukauskas vs. Oleksiejczuk
Modestas Bukauskas, TKO, R2
this one should be fun, but not sure how to pick so i'm gonna pretend mma math works and say modestas tko'd wojcik who tko'd michal so clearly he'll win.

Young vs. Morales
Omar Morales, DEC
hard to handicap, but i guess i feel like morales has more upside?

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Abu Azaitar, DEC
they seem to like the azaitar's and it feels like they're lining one up for abu's return.

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

03.27.2021 | 2:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 425th

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Marc-André Barriault, DEC
This fight is awfully hard to predict. I think both of these guys do thir best work standing and both throw with bad intentions. That being said It's pretty safe to say this one goes to decision as in the 30 plus fights these two have between them only once has either of these guys ever lost by finish. The Azaitar brothers are probably both cheathers and Abu is coming off a PED suspension and only hgas fought once in the past 4 years. Barriault got popped for tainted supplements, has fought the better level of competition and has been more active recently so I will pick him to win by decision.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

03.27.2021 | 3:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 425th

Young vs. Morales
Omar Morales, DEC
I have no idea why Morales, at the age of 34 would move down to 145 after going 3-0 at 155 in the UFC. Giga pieced him up for 3 rounds in his featherweight debut but he was simply outclassed by a superior striker in that bout. Another concerning thing is the fact that despite being completely outclssed on the feet against Giga, Morales never tried to take him down. That is flat out piss-poor fight IQ by Morales there as well. If there was anything to like about Shane Young I'd bet him here but I am struggling to find it. Young is so hittable and against Morales that will be a problem. I'm going to have to pick Morales here but I'm not jazzed about it.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

Chessswimmer
Chessswimmer
  • Predictions:  12,626  |  72.3%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 203

03.27.2021 | 6:38 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

03.27.2021 | 6:39 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Marc-André Barriault, SUB, R3
marc the bigger guy. i think he'll have more pop to his punches. i think he'll have a takedown advantage that could lead to a late submission finish.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,545
  • Post Score: 262

03.27.2021 | 6:50 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1539th

I really like Francis second  round Ko at +600. Francis is going to fight patient because what happen the 1st time and Stipe aint bad so it be more difficult to land powershots. Francis winning after the 3rd round is almost impossible so not betting later

* Edited at 03.27.2021, 6:58 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • In between bouts, waiting for next fight to begin.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota