Topic: BKFC 6

BKFC 6: Malignaggi vs. Lobov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,054
  • Post Score: 47

02.13.2019 | 12:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
BKFC 6
  • Saturday 06.22.2019 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
  • Promotion: Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Triller
  • Venue: Florida State Fairgrounds
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • TV Announcers: Sean Wheelock, Antonio Tarver, Chris Lytle
  • Ring Announcer: Jeff Houston
  • Interviews: Ron Kruck | Backstage: Ron Kruck
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Bare Knuck Box)   Artem Lobov  defeats  Paulie Malignaggi via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Dakota Cochrane  defeats  Chris Leben via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Johnny Bedford  defeats  Reginald Barnett, Jr. via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Julian Lane  defeats  Tom Shoaff via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Joey Beltran  defeats  Jamie Campbell via KO/TKO   1:50 Round 2 of 5, 3:50 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Walber Brito de Barros  vs.  Joe Riggs Ends in a Draw, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Jim Alers  defeats  Elvin Leon Brito via KO/TKO   0:45 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   David Mundell  defeats  Drew Lipton via KO/TKO   1:55 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Abdiel Velazquez  defeats  Travis Thompson via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
(Bare Knuck Box)   Chris Boffil  defeats  Jared Hayes via KO/TKO   1:55 Round 3 of 5, 5:55 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.23.2019 | 12:01 AM ET

R5: 10-9 lobov.

Could go either way, I have it lobov at least 3-2.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 6 days, 23 hours, and 1 minute from now.
2019.06.23 12:04 AM ET

bout result

Artem Lobov defeats Paulie Malignaggi via 5 Round Decision
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.23.2019 | 12:05 AM ET

Yeah, that's the right decision.
Told ya folks. Bareknuckle fighting and pro boxing aren't the same deal. MMA will prepare a fighter better for bareknuckle than pro boxing. Paulie didn't know how to be in there.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 6 days, 23 hours, and 1 minute from now.
Sakoraba
Sakoraba
  • Predictions:  446  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 91

06.23.2019 | 12:06 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 45 others

That was like watching CM Punk vs Artem, holy ****

"ufc is fake"

CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,132  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,553
  • Post Score: 263

06.23.2019 | 12:06 AM ET

It's not my thing I guess. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.23.2019 | 12:09 AM ET

@cartel it's pretty crap really. I'd rather watch a pro boxing match any day TBH. If you want to see great boxing, you won't get it in bareknuckle fighting.

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 12:10 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.23.2019 | 12:11 AM ET

Paulie says he didn't get hit while a ****** on its moon cycle is leaking on his forehead. Ok bud.

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 2:06 AM ET *

JAGUARX007
JAGUARX007
  • Predictions:  7,916  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  336
  • Post Score: 173

06.23.2019 | 12:18 AM ET

lobov LEGENDA!!!!!
Sakoraba
Sakoraba
  • Predictions:  446  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 91

06.23.2019 | 12:18 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 45 others

lol @ImperatorFishrat Dudes in denial... giant ass gash and cut up his right side. "only got hit with one punch, .." blaming everyone but himself. 

And he says he didnt want to tarnish his rep from boxing coming to this sport... after the lead up of him spiting on Artem, blaming the Florida judges.., when he slapped Artem... the list goes on. 

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 12:18 AM ET *

"ufc is fake"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.23.2019 | 11:36 AM ET

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.23.2019 | 11:42 AM ET

@fish please explain what u mean about the difference. I get the obvious parts like no gloves, size of the ring 
Length of rounds and match. But I get the feeling u mean something else I'm not seeing.
Probably something you've said before I'm not remembering.

Edit: I felt Paulie's boxing background and skill point fighting would be too fast for artem all night. Clearly not. 

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 11:44 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.23.2019 | 11:44 AM ET

i called this

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.23.2019 | 11:45 AM ET

read em' n weep ( why the F didnt i bet on this? fvk! ) 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.23.2019 | 11:54 AM ET

Artem Lobov just killed Boxing

Artem Lobov just killed the Radio Star 

They say Boxing is dead, murdered in warm blood in just generation by its hyrbid mutant cousin, MMA

Some say its just getting started 

CNN - "This just in! CEO Scott Cokey has been arrested by Bay Area police on suspicion of a connection to the armed kidnapping attempt of half of the Arizona State collegiate wrestling team. Longtime critics of Cokey  ( Dana Mansplain ) allege he has also hidden dark past of being in involved in the notorious "prison training camps" scandal  in China, where owners had twisted hopes to "grind out stars" for high level MMA competition."

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 11:58 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.23.2019 | 6:11 PM ET

@free don't underestimate just how much of a difference no gloves vs 10's or 8's truly make.  Modern boxing as you know it literally looks the way it does because of PVC/Latex gloves. You could literally put Lomachenko  in a bareknuckle fight and he would look terrible for this reason. Well, he might not look terrible, but he sure as **** wouldn't look how he does in pro boxing. Before quality shock absorbing gloves became a thing, boxing looked totally different. Even gloves stuffed with horsehair like the old timers like ray robinson used made boxing look a certain way--specifically, more like bareknuckle boxing. You had to try and hit people in places that hurt them, and didn't break your metacarpals.All these fancy elliptical strikes where fighters try and land behind the ear or on the crown of the head were never seen, Too risky. Lots of standing and slugging straights or hooks, less footwork. Less rolling, more scotting and slinging **** straight up the pipe. The ability to catch and return, the way guards are utilized, the types of shots that can be thrown, everything is primarily made possible by foam gloves.

Paulie was never going to be able to 'box' lobov the way he did his opponents in pro boxing. It's impossible. Cannot be done. Even when Artem gave him the space to do it, he couldn't do it, because he was hurting his hands too much.

You put a pro boxer  ( ESPECIALLY a point fighter, there were no point fighters as we know them before foam gloves) who has trained and competed their whole life in a bigger ring, with nice flexy ropes, and nice padded gloves they can catch a lot of shots on with the backs of their hands in a little circle with stiff ropes and no gloves, different clinch rules, and the whole deal is going to feel alien to them. Even the damage they take is going to throw them off. Boxers as a general rule aren't accustomed to getting cut, sc****d, gouged and split. If a pro boxer experiences something like this, their instinct will be to become tentative, because in pro boxing it means, 99% of the time, they been hit with something unusually nasty. An MMA fighter who is much more accustomed to this type of damage is gonna kind of shrug it off. This is compounded by the fact that MMA is five rounds max and Boxing is twelve. 

It's a different type of damage. I've never trained nor sparred nor competed in MMA gloves, but I have had my bell rung in boxing gloves a number of times and I have no doubt getting hit with an MMA glove vs a boxing glove feels different and requires a different type of training/ psychology to deal with. You know, getting hit in foam gloves hard isn't so much painful as it is something else. When I was kid, I got pulsed by an electric fence. The two are quite similar. You have this kind of moment of blankness, a 'frozen' sensation and  instant,rapidly sort of weakness all over your body. But it doesn't hurt in the way falling off your bike and ripping your skin up does. I imagine getting cut in an MMA fight feels something more like that.

Really, the type of cut Paulie had is only going to occur in pro boxing as a result of a head clash. Sometimes they do happen by strikes, but it's incredibly rare.

Now, all that said: If you put malinaggi in a pro boxing match with Lobov, Paulie would smoke him, in all probability, because it goes both ways. Pro boxing is most of the time about drowning your opponent slowly. It's about accumulated brain trauma over lots of rounds, and it is an horrifically unhealthy martial art because of this.

Some pro boxers would transition to bareknuckle better than others. Ruiz Jr, who just smoked Joshua would probably destroy the entire roster on a single night, because his style is perfect for it; he gets up in the grill and just straight up relentlessly smashes face. Bareknuckle is a dirty boxer's game. Doesn't try and box, just outgrits, outworks, and outgrinds. He'd be a bareknuckle monster. Unfortunately, he's never gonna slum it for peanuts in Bareknuckle. Basically, the long and short of it is, the classier a pro boxer is, the less well they are going to do in bareknuckle fighting. And paulie IS a classy boxer, but there's no room for classy boxing in bareknuckle fighting.

* Edited at 06.23.2019, 6:41 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.24.2019 | 5:18 PM ET

Thanks Bud. U see knight all cracked out at the end yelling choo choo ************s over lobovs shoulder.
He wanted to smack him for sure.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.25.2019 | 12:32 PM ET

This should be renamed the guaranteed broken hand fighting championship.
Cathryne
Cathryne
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 160

06.26.2019 | 3:26 AM ET

Unfortunately, I didn't watch this fight:(( If I understand rightly, Lobov lose this fight?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.26.2019 | 6:45 PM ET

You didn't understand correctly

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida