Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Movies

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

05.28.2014 | 7:50 PM ET

I went back all the way to the 20th page and didn't see anyone who started a thread about movies. If there is one, just let this thread sink away into the abyss of thread history, but if not, this is something we can talk about. We've got one for every sport, music, and TV shows. So I figured might as well.

* Edited at 05.28.2014, 7:51 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Responses Page 62

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.12.2016 | 5:02 PM ET

yes, we should bow down to you, Nomad. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.12.2016 | 5:05 PM ET

I'll change all your bum lives. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.13.2016 | 12:20 AM ET

@Greenhornet I can see that argument.  Though overall I prefer Pulp fiction to Jackie Brown.  

On a nom Tarantino note I saw Deadpool today. It was a fun, brutally violent movie. It is also very Meta Deadpool regularly breaks the 4th wall. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.13.2016 | 9:58 AM ET

Only movie I  really liked of Tarantino was Reservoir Dogs. Keitel and Buscemi were great.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.13.2016 | 10:02 AM ET

New Xmen movie looks good except Jlaw.I followed comics for a long time and not like how they make Mystique a major player. I know they do it because of her but I find it dumb.

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

02.13.2016 | 3:38 PM ET

mystique is a pretty big player in the comics these days, iv not got through secret wars yet but before that she was involved with axis and she was pretty much behind everything in The Wolverines series. 
With Magneto having been part of the x-men a few years now and sabretooth being made good by the events of axis Mystique is kind of the only classic villain they can bring out regularly.  

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.15.2016 | 10:20 AM ET

I ******* loved Deadpool. 

It's damn near perfect. Ryan Reynolds nails the role, he was born to play Deadpool. It being R-rated made it amazing and they did everything perfectly. My only issue was the villains were kind of weak. Never felt like a real threat, but it wasn't enough to take away from the movie much. The action was on-point, the comedy was on-point, the story was on-point. There's really no shaky cam during action sequences. You see everything from people getting sliced in half, to brain splatters, to hardcore intercourse, they gave no ****s with this movie. 

Ryan Reynolds, Blur Studios and basically the entirety of the internet who not only fought for a legitimate Deadpool movie, but fought for an R-rated Deadpool movie, got exactly what they wanted. R-rated comic book movies need to become more common.

Ryan Reynolds, you have been forgiven for RIPD and Green Lantern.

My two favorite comic book characters have always been The Punisher and Deadpool, The Punisher has had some decent movies, but this Deadpool movie was a nearly two-hour long geekfest for me. 12/10.

* Edited at 02.15.2016, 10:22 AM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bigj383
Bigj383

02.15.2016 | 10:59 AM ET

I agree about the villain.  Ajax aka Francis was totally underdeveloped and disposable.  Agel Dust played by Gina seemed like a more dangerous character but was basically a henchwoman of what felt like a henchman. A lot of great humor, fun bloody action, however the middle during all the flash backs telling Deadpool's origin did start to drag a bit at times at least for me. Overall a very good movie that does the character justice. 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.15.2016 | 12:33 PM ET

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.15.2016 | 12:33 PM ET

Did you see the Punisher where Dolph Lundgren played the role?

Bigj383
Bigj383

02.23.2016 | 7:03 PM ET

Just got back from seeing "The Witch." It's a horror set in colonial times about a puritan family that falls into paranoia when their family is attacked by dark forces. It is a horror film most like "It Follows" or "The Babadook" and many of the classic horrors from the 60's and 70's before they all devolved into jump scare littered PG-13 messes. This builds up characters and then tears them apart through a horrific situation.  Definitely worth a watch. 

Bigj383
Bigj383

02.26.2016 | 9:18 PM ET

A lot of based on true events have come out the last couple weeks. "Lady in the Van," "Race," and "Eddie the Eagle. " 

"Lady in the Van" is about a vagrant woman with an interesting past who creates an unlikely friendship with a writer. The writer allows her to park her van in his driveway until she can sort things out which stretches into over a decade. Maggie Smith is excellent and the film is funny in a dry british sort of way. 

"Race" Is about Jesse Owens and his road to the 1938 Olympics in Berlin. Not the most well done inspirational sports film. It tries to make a poignant political point about a segregated united states who demanded Germany to do away with discriminatory practices in order to participate.  It's not a bad film but there is certainly something lacking. 

"Eddie the Eagle" is about Brittish Olympic Ski jumper Michael Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards who is the lovable loser underdog type with a dream to go to the Olympics.  This is a true inspirational sports movie, sure it's a little by the numbers with of course dramatic liberties taken but it is definitely an enjoyable viewing experience.  Taron Egerton who had his breakthrough role last year in "Kingsman" plays Eddie the Eagle and he is very endearing in the part. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.26.2016 | 9:48 PM ET

Wilflet, Mystique may be big now but she was not huge in the days of which the early comics were and stories are based off of DOFP had her but not as the same as the movie. I know that they do not have to follow the comics exactly but if far from it.

* Edited at 02.26.2016, 9:48 PM ET *

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.28.2016 | 3:52 PM ET

Might be a silly question, but anyone else watching the Oscars?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Bigj383
Bigj383

02.28.2016 | 5:54 PM ET

Yes I will be watching. I think the Revenant may take best picture my wife thinks it will be Spotlight. Though we both agree Mad Max is the most deserving though the Academy doesn't have the balls to do it.  

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.28.2016 | 6:03 PM ET

Watched Boyz in the Hood last night.  Still holds up as a film.  Probably one of my favorite films of all time.

"..."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.28.2016 | 6:50 PM ET

My predictions or hopes (for at least the ones I care about):

Best Picture: The Revenant (Pulling for Mad Max though)
Best Director: George Miller (Mad Max)
Best Actor: Leo DiCaprio (The Revenant)
Best Actress: Brie Larson (Room)
Supporting Actor: Sly Stallone (Creed)
Supporting Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh (H8ful Eight)

Original Screenplay: Straight Outta Compton
Adapted Screenplay: The Big Short
Animated Film: Inside Out

Best Score: Ennio Morricone (H8ful Eight) and it is about time that he gets one
Sound Editing: Mad Max
Sound Mixing: The Martian 
Cinematography: The Revenant (even though I would not mind if Roger Deakins to win it for Sicario cause he has been nominated like 13 times and never won once)

Bigj383
Bigj383

02.29.2016 | 1:14 AM ET

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.29.2016 | 1:54 AM ET

Tom Hardy acted circles around Leonardo in The Revenant, which was a decent movie at best. Same for Mad Max, anyone who thought was some kind of gift to cinema probably drenches their steaks in A1.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.29.2016 | 7:06 AM ET

It's all political so no surprise.

Page 62

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’