Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Movies

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

05.28.2014 | 7:50 PM ET

I went back all the way to the 20th page and didn't see anyone who started a thread about movies. If there is one, just let this thread sink away into the abyss of thread history, but if not, this is something we can talk about. We've got one for every sport, music, and TV shows. So I figured might as well.

* Edited at 05.28.2014, 7:51 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Responses Page 64

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.12.2016 | 7:44 AM ET

The Marvel movies are from completely different storylines, though. I know they try to connect them in various ways but they are not all linked.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.12.2016 | 9:50 AM ET

I watched The Fly 2 the other night and that probably has the saddest animal death ever. The min character has to euthanize his dog after it has been mutated into a miserable mess of a creature.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

03.12.2016 | 10:01 AM ET

Sadder than when Atreyu's horse gets all bummed out in the swamp?

"I live, I die, I live again."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.12.2016 | 11:23 AM ET

Much worse as it is so graphic. 
The whole thing is the dog gets mutated and suffers for 2 years. The main character goes to see the dog and it's tail wags like it recognizes him. Her then kills it with ether I think it is. It struggles as he forces the ether covered cloth on the dogs nose.

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.12.2016 | 11:44 AM ET

The Marvel movies are all connected through the infinity stones and are all leading to Infinity Wars. The Star Wars will be similar in that they share on or two elements buch each with its own story and characters.  The upcoming Rogue One takes place between episode 3 & 4 and to my understanding and is about the stealing of the death star plans. However it isn't part of the Rey, Finn, Luke , Po storyline.  

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.12.2016 | 5:23 PM ET

Saw "10 Cloverfield Lane" Yesterday which was really good. Make no mistake this is not a "Cloverfield" sequel. This is simply the second film in an anthology series titled Cloverfield. This is far more suspense thriller than sci-fi action and has awesome tension and great characters confined to a closterphobic environment.  Great directorial debut for Trachtenberg.  

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.12.2016 | 7:51 PM ET

I saw Cloverfield Lane today and it did not seem to have any connection to Cloverfield as you said. You could tell though, that it left open a chance for a sewuel. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.12.2016 | 7:54 PM ET

Gregry, back to Fly 2. If you have a dog, you will hate that scene. It is one of the hardest things to see in the history of movies. It makes,me sad every time.

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.13.2016 | 3:48 AM ET

Cloverfield Lane is kind of open ended but JJ Abrams said they would all be stand alone films. They are going to be like Twilight Zone just similar themes with maybe a few easter eggs connecting them. Not that they happen in the same universe on the same timeline just little hidden references.  What JJ is doing with Cloverfield is what John Carpenter wanted to do with the Halloween series but couldn't because of fan backlash after setting a precedent by using Meyers twice before going with the Anthology.  I still kind of hope for a horror anthology series as well. Kind of like American Horror story but with movies instead of TV shows that move too slowly lose steam after a few episodes. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.13.2016 | 10:37 AM ET

You are right about Carpenter in that he never wanted Michael Meyers to be brought back.
Maybe I missed something but what really happened to Megan in Cloverfield Lane?

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.15.2016 | 5:02 PM ET

***Spoilers*****

I will try to answer your question the best I can. Megan if I remember right was Howard's daughter most likely taken by the wife to live wherever most likely Chicago.  Brittany was a girl Howard abducted to replace Megan and held captive in his bunker for a long time and probably eventually murdered.  Michelle was Howard's latest victim he spotted her at the gas station and ran her off the road. He kidnapped her then the attacks happened causing Emmet to rush to the bunker and interjecting himself in Howards plan. However the attack provided a good cover-up to why Howard abducted Michelle in the first place. 

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.18.2016 | 2:04 PM ET

Last 3 I saw in the theater.

Brothers Grimsby - mediocre overall there are laughs to be had but the shock comedy runs thin pretty quick ****can you say elephant gang bang****. It's not devoid of whit though and there are some well timed jokes. There is also some good over the top action where they switch to a first person shooter style camera. Which maybyank some steam from the upcoming "Hardcore Henry"

The Other Side of the Door - Supposed to be a horror film. It's R rated though there is nothing in it to justify an R rating its barely PG13.  Overall it's just flat out dull. The plot is also a rip off of Pet Semetary just set in India. 

Alegiant - Very meh just nothing about it grabs you. There is some decent action here and there but the story is getting dumber and seems to ve stealing elements from The Maze Runner. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.20.2016 | 2:16 PM ET

Bigj383, I am not surprised as most movies nowadays suck.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

03.25.2016 | 4:05 PM ET

@Bigj383 I assume you are going to see BvS this weekend. In your post, maybe you can shed some light on this comment... Affleck recently said "[Batman's] a little bit more of a brawler. You kind of get a feeling like physical, visceral slugger thing. The fights are more like smash-mouth, kind of UFC-influenced. Like Conor McGregor style."

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.25.2016 | 10:56 PM ET

I just got back from BvS. He is a bit more burly and seems to have little to no qualms about taking life as he shoots the **** out of all kinds of stuff. He definitely offers up a more hard nosed basher style. Affleck was actually really good as Batman and I like Wonder Woman. However the narrative of this movie is a complete mess. It is totally disjointed and terribly paced. The movie is 2 & 1/2 hours and it feels a lot longer than that. Lex Luthor not so good as his whole plan and the plot in general is ridiculous.  There are also tons of scenes and dream sequences that serve up no purpose other than to set up future films. You could probably cut 30+ minutes from the film without hurting the plot one bit and it would have made the film tighter. 

I didn't hate the movie but really it's a messy movie with some good elements. More than a good movie that's slightly flawed. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.26.2016 | 9:43 AM ET

I read it will need to make 800 million just to break even. It will make that but that is a hefty sum for this time of year.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.26.2016 | 6:27 PM ET

I had a feeling that Batman vs Superman was going to be a bust the moment Hack Snyder was announced as the director.  He got lucky with Nolan as a producer for the first Superman movie, but Snyder's movies are usually bad. 

"..."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.26.2016 | 6:43 PM ET

I was fine with BvS. Affleck was very good as Batman/Wayne, and it would have been fine if it was just mainly about him. lol. But over all this one movie felt like it could have been 5 different ones. A Batman Starter, Man of Steel 2, Batman v Superman, Lex Luthor starter, and the final battle leading up to Justice League.

I hated with a passion Eisenberg's Luthor. And really ruined the character for me.
It did feel rushed at points especially the Justice League shoehorn, and the battle, and the climax, and the grudge match. Plus the plot holes really can be noticeable, and the fact that the characters do act differently from the comics in some actions can take some people out of the moment. And that thing at the end where Amy Adams does the thing and then tries to fix it at the last minute, that was straight up, wow your a ******* idiot moment that anybody can see a mile away.

But overall, I think that it is a step in the somewhat right direction? maybe, kind of. It was fine, I was entertained by it. Better than Man of Steel by a little bit. But meh, it is fun to watch for the fact that it is finally Batman and Superman on the big screen together in live action. 7/10

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

03.26.2016 | 6:48 PM ET

I'm looking forward to another regular Batman movie without any crossovers.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.26.2016 | 10:27 PM ET

Video of Affleck's reaction when he was told BvS had bad reviews

* Edited at 03.26.2016, 10:30 PM ET *

Page 64

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘This win puts me at number one’: Fury says victory over Usyk makes him best heavyweight ever
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling adamant he'd beat Sean O'Malley in rematch: 'I would bet my life savings on that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Gilbert Burns accepts to Joaquin Buckley’s callout: ‘If they send me, I’ll say yes now’
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 13, 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : With Antonio Trocoli out, Oumar Sy now meets fellow newcomer Tuco Tokkos at UFC Vegas 92
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Newcomer steps into UFC Fight Night 241 on four days' notcie
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko proves class is permanent and Fury vs Usyk fight week lands
  • MMA Mania : Topuria: ‘I Already Have A Date For UFC Spain’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cherneka ‘Sugar Neekz’ Johnson reacts to ring announcer’s massive viral error
  • MMA Mania : Video: Shredded sumo wrestler shows size doesn’t matter, dumps 500-pound opponent
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 pre-event facts: Is Fight of the Night record holder Edson Barboza poised for another $50,000?
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Too Old For This’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ian Machado Garry claims he’s agreed to Michael Page fight, targets UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Is Murphy Ready For A Step Up?
  • Middle Easy : Photo: Mateusz Rebecki Unveils Horrifying Facial Injuries Following UFC St. Louis Loss To Diego Ferreira
  • MMA Junkie : Deontay Wilder fears Mike Tyson could get 'hit into a coma' against Jake Paul
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White addresses future of UFC APEX cards, ‘f*cking masterpiece’ planned for Sphere
  • MMA Mania : UFC Paris Official For Sept. 28
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Trey Waters, Sean Woodson, Recap Of UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Nascimento