Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Movies

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

05.28.2014 | 7:50 PM ET

I went back all the way to the 20th page and didn't see anyone who started a thread about movies. If there is one, just let this thread sink away into the abyss of thread history, but if not, this is something we can talk about. We've got one for every sport, music, and TV shows. So I figured might as well.

* Edited at 05.28.2014, 7:51 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Responses Page 55

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.23.2015 | 7:22 PM ET

Just got back from "The Night Before" and it was actually pretty funny. Definitely one of the better Christmas comedies in a while. It also captures the spirit of the holiday well. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

11.23.2015 | 11:51 PM ET

It's weird that the trend I am hearing about Mockingjay Part 2 is that is should have just been one longer movie than having a two part; even though that is the trend in Hollywood now, anyway, I remember reading the books years ago and thinking that Mockingjay should have been split. The third book seemed rushed and lacking the same detailed storytelling that the first two had.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.24.2015 | 9:47 AM ET

Griffy, the author was just cashing in while she could.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

11.24.2015 | 10:03 AM ET

the thing is

they probably also think people don't have the attention span for that. I for one am fine watching 4 hour+ movies as long as it's well written and such. But now people will probably be like "*** this is too long for a movie."

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

Bigj383
Bigj383

11.24.2015 | 8:05 PM ET

Mockingjay should have been one 3 hour movie each half has too much filler.  Splitting movies has been a trend since Harry Potter Deathly Hollows but that book is more than twice as long as Mockingjay. So far split movies have done increasingly worse over the years.  Each Hobbit did worse than the previous one and Mockingjay 2 opened worse than Mockingjay 1. If there is really too much content than fine but this was a clear cash grab attempt andbI think people are getting tired of it.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.24.2015 | 8:33 PM ET

Why spend 4 hours for 3 months when you can have 2 hours one year and another 2 hours the next year? Less time means more shows per day. It not only benefits the movie companies but also the theatre chains. 

Bigj383
Bigj383

11.25.2015 | 12:35 AM ET

Wheather it's to benefit the theater chains or the studio It's still just a cash grab. Mockingjay shouldn't have been one four hour movie it should have been one movie about 165 - 185 minutes long, there just wasn't enough good content for more than that.  Just like Hobbit should have been two movies between 2:30 and 3:00 each at the most which was the original intention until studios insisted on a trilogy. It's the old quality vs quantity issue, but now so many studios are run by numbers crunchers and it's all about who can do things the cheapest and the fastest in production and how can we get the most money out of the public. 

* Edited at 11.25.2015, 12:39 AM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.25.2015 | 10:14 AM ET

With the number of flops they have, I do not blame them for being number crunchers.  Of course they put some as losses, though.  :)

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.26.2015 | 11:13 PM ET

Ok folks, I know Creed just came out and literally hasn't been out to the general public more then a day. BUT hear me out for a second, "Creed" easily takes the top spot on the absolute best performance from Sylvester Stallone career. Forget "Expendables" for a second that whole campy over the top ideals. Sly puts on a great force with this movie and will probably might be the closest thing that will get him an oscar. Not "maybe get him an oscar" but WILL give him one. Best Supporting Actor for sure. 

tldr? GO WATCH CREED. Sly is awesome in it and it is my favorite movie of the year so far.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.26.2015 | 11:52 PM ET

Creed was great. Certainly one of the best of the year, and I also came away extremely impressed by Stallone. Michael B. Jordan I expected to be great, and he was. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.27.2015 | 12:18 AM ET

@skelliher Michael B. Jordan's performance made me forget that Fan4stic ever happened. That says a lot.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.29.2015 | 10:11 PM ET

Civil War Hype

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.30.2015 | 7:41 AM ET

Saw Terminator:Genesis and it was not as,bad as some people say. I thought it was better than 3 and 4.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.30.2015 | 10:14 PM ET

Ok I have a prediction for Star Wars based on the trailer. Well at least the final sequence. 

Spoilers maybe

I think that the Luke hand on R2 is set in the same area that Kylo is fighting Finn. So my thought is, Finn will try and fight off Kylo, and fail, badly. As Kylo toys with his victim. We see the first shot of someone force pushing Ren away from Finn. As Finn flies back and regains his footing we see a green light emerge. *buzz* it is the light saber of Luke defending the newbee to the force. Epic fighting ensues and Ren manages to get away. Leaving Luke and Finn in the middle of the forest. And that is where we get to the shot of Luke touching R2. They are at a homemade camp fire set up by Luke and at that time, Luke talks with Finn about how he got there and how the lightsaber he uses looks so familiar, and this is where Finn tells him, he got it at Cloud City, from his father **********in Lando Calrissian. After hearing such a story, and giving a backstory to himself on why he is so good with the force. including the line from the second teaser "Force is strong in my family, my father has it, (he references his father as if he was still alive to hide the fact that he used to be the evil ass Darth Vader) I have it, my sister has it. You have that power too." that gives Luke the initiative and helps Finn to learn how to hone his force sensitivity. As they walk off and Finn agrees to the training, Luke says "Now, you must finish what you begin" (Yoda said the same thing to Luke back in Empire) Then pan up to the sky and Roll Credits.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.01.2015 | 8:03 AM ET

Do you think that the old characters will be in all 3 movies?

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.01.2015 | 10:59 AM ET

No one from the originals I think will make it out alive.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.01.2015 | 1:42 PM ET

That will suck if true.

Bigj383
Bigj383

12.01.2015 | 6:10 PM ET

I'm not going to even try to speculate what will happen in Star Wars. I'm done watching new trailers and doing my best to avoid any more information.  I will simply experience it when it comes out and hopefully enjoy what J.J. Abrams delivers. There is no point in speculating what will happen other then some weird sense of self satisfaction that you guessed something right. 

But I digress and will move on to what is actually out now. Went and saw Trumbo yesterday which was quite good that actually has some strong parallels to today. Today just got Back from watching Brooklyn which is beautifully shot and excellently acted by Saoirse Ronan. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.02.2015 | 7:53 AM ET

Did it make Trumbo look like a hero? He sure as hell was not with being a Limousine Liberal.

* Edited at 12.02.2015, 7:53 AM ET *

Bigj383
Bigj383

12.02.2015 | 11:49 AM ET

Louis C.K. points out that Trumbo was a communist who talked like a radical but lived like a rich guy. The movie was how Trumbo found a way for he and his friends to circumvent the blacklist, though often for far less money. A lot of it really is how the media and politicians that spread propaganda of hatred towards one particular group. It reminds how often our own country was willing to violate its own constitution claiming it's for security.  They demonized people based on their personal beliefs and claimed that simply being in this group made you un-American and Dangerous. If some politicians and media members had their way they would restart a McCarthy era persecution of certain sections of American citizens  today. I think it's just a reminder of the ****** things our government has done. 

Page 55

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida