Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Vera vs. Sandhagen

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,258
  • Post Score: 47

12.08.2022 | 11:00 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 03.25.2023 at 04:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Vera vs. Sandhagen
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night San Antonio
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: AT&T Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,150,000
  • Attendance: 16,076
  • TV Ratings: 976,000 avg. viewers (640k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Marlon Vera   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Holly Holm   defeats   Yana Santos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nate Landwehr   defeats   Austin Lingo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Andrea Lee   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Chidi Njokuani   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Pineda   defeats   Tucker Lutz   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:50 Round 2 of 3, 7:50 Total Bout Page
Lucas Alexander   defeats   Steven Peterson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Trevin Giles   defeats   Preston Parsons   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
CJ Vergara   defeats   Daniel Lacerda   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:04 Round 2 of 3, 9:04 Total Bout Page
Victor Altamirano   defeats   Vinicius Salvador   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 29

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

03.25.2023 | 4:49 AM ET

Belatrix

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 656th

I never said it’s a shortcoming of WMMA or that it bad, all I’m saying it very volatile and they’re good money on the underdog 

WMMA is worst then Men MMA, but WMMA is still watchable is my opinion, but I never said it in my earlier post 

"Quack quack quack"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,458  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  829
  • Post Score: 97

03.25.2023 | 6:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 125th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
I love Cory. believe Cory has more tools in the bag to win, also champion's mentality. Marlon has a huge power of will, but it won't be enough. On the ground they are both on the same level. Striking - Cory. Also I think Cory won against TJ

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,543
  • Post Score: -57

03.25.2023 | 7:04 AM ET

Bellatrix

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1642nd

The problem is that the skill levels in WMMA tend to be low
 Therefore picking a favourite consistently is hard because there are so many holes to exploit in most female fighters games.

Not trying to run down WMMA because it's the same issue you see in lower level mens promotions like Bellator, PFL, Cage Warriors, LFA etc. Which is why so many favourites get upset in those promotions. 

The encouraging thing is WMMA is definitely developing and you can see that in the amount of finishes now and how some of the dominant champions are struggling against the new breed.

"Positivity is a positive"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,052
  • Post Score: 137

03.25.2023 | 8:00 AM ET

Frenly reminder to all tap frens

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3954th

Andrea Lee and Austin Lingo are both from Texas. Do with this information what you will. 

EDIT: I know these aren't the only two fighters on the card from Texas but they're two decent dogs that could get love from the judges (Pineda probably getting finished).

* Edited at 03.25.2023, 8:05 AM ET *

foppa420
foppa420

03.25.2023 | 8:28 AM ET

GL everyone

1. 4 LEGS: .10u @ +1729
-Vergara ML
-Lutz ITD
-Kape ITD
-Lingo ML

2. Vera by submission/decision:.5u @ +275

Bobbygking
Bobbygking
  • Predictions:  551  |  70.6%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 44

03.25.2023 | 8:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4169th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Marlon Vera, DEC
Sandhagen is the better fighter

Bobbygking
Bobbygking
  • Predictions:  551  |  70.6%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 44

03.25.2023 | 8:36 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4169th

Holm vs. Santos
Holly Holm, DEC
Holly holds her on the fence for 3 15 min rounds

Landwehr vs. Lingo
Nate Landwehr, TKO, R2
Nate’s last two fights have been tremendous outtings

Lee vs. Barber
Maycee Barber, SUB, R3
Barber has more iq

Njokuani vs. Duraev
Chidi Njokuani, DEC
Chidi comes back in this fight

Pineda vs. Lutz
Daniel Pineda, DEC
Daniel’s old but this a vet fighting a really green young guy

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,813  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  284
  • Post Score: 127

03.25.2023 | 9:54 AM ET

UFC Fight Night: Vera vs. Sandhagen | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1642nd

"Every second is a gift"

MMAFan08
MMAFan08

03.25.2023 | 10:48 AM ET

Hi guys

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4812th

Hi guys I’m new to this site I just got my account to where I can chat with the rest of the chat I was hoping to make some MMA friends on here I’ve been a UFC fan since 2008 my very first fight card was Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar UFC 91 for the heavyweight strap as I was a WWE fan before a MMA fan I saw a promo while watching Raw and was instantly intrigued of knowing what this UFC thing was so I tuned in and the very first fight witch was Matt Brown vs Ryan Thomas I ever saw I was hooked and I’ve been a dedicated fan ever since for 15 years now I love this sport its the greatest sport in the world to me so be nice guys I told you how I became a fan and all now so my question to everyone in the chat who are you thinking on this card I’m trying to come up with a good lineup for fanduel who you think has the best shot at scoring the most points who do think has the best shot at getting the first round finishes on this card I’m liking Chito Vera honestly personally I know Dom is getting up their in age but I just rewatched that fight Dom movement still looked good to me and Vera was able to catch Dom with that head kick and Dom is a tough guy to put away is movement is hard to deal with because Dom throws wild in his shots in his combos do you think Vera can find that head kick on Cory thow Cory busted Song up pretty good in his last fight but Cory had a hard time taking Song down now I know Song is a team alpha male guy and they work on wrestling and all with Faber and all them team alpha male guys but Cory had a hard time with trying to find a takedown on Song and Dom in a good wrestler and Dom didn’t do much against Vera in the wrestling aspect of that fight do you think Cory is a better wrestling than Dom I don’t personally think so so I definitely see this being a stand up fight Cory is good on the feet but Vera with that kick on Dom who in Dom is a hard guy to hit I don’t know guys that damage thow Cory put on Song Song couldn’t see his eye was busted good and Cory be throwing elbows so his muay thai is spot on if he starts to land that kind of damage on Vera how will Vera handle it I think Cory is the faster guy and he is the bigger guy so he will have the distance shots Vera thow does have the power advantage I feel its a tough fight to call I’m taking Vera thow chat but who else on the card you guys liking help a brother out creating a fanduel lineup it be very well appreciated thanks in advance
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

03.25.2023 | 10:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 397th

Holm vs. Santos
Holly Holm, DEC
What a sad, sad thing for this to be co-main

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,881  |  74.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

03.25.2023 | 11:09 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2199th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
Chito Vera has the worst thing of Yan, he gives up the first round, but he doesnt have all the good things that Yan has, he is not quick, he doesnt throw combinations, his footwork is not that good. Chito Vera, esta es tu última noche como top 5.

Perez vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R1
"I KNOW YOUR SNITCHIES " 😎 . Spoiler, that chin is gone😎🇵🇹🇦🇴

Vergara vs. da Silva
CJ Vergara, TKO, R1
Daniel Da Silva is in the fight 2 minutes. After that 2 minutes he becames in Daniel DA MERDA.

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, and 14 minutes from now.
foppa420
foppa420

03.25.2023 | 11:10 AM ET

“I’ve always trained really hard,”said Pineda.“The only thing that I’ve really changed is my diet; staying in shape and eating right; keeping my weight down.

“Literally cutting the weight when you’re dehydrated you lose all your cardio and everything. That’s part of what they’re teaching me is where cardio is coming from. Before I could go in there for a round and try to finish them off and if I didn’t I was dead. They’re helping me out (with the cardio issue) a lot.”

No offense to Mr. Pineda but realizing at almost 38 years old and 40+ fights into your career that eating right and being hydrated has a lot to do with your cardio isn't a good sign. 

RickySteve
RickySteve

03.25.2023 | 11:14 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 3863rd

Lots of these fighters will be working at Walgreen's after tonight.
Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,498
  • Post Score: 240

03.25.2023 | 11:29 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4169th

They lost two fights over night. What a crock of ****. Now this oddball card is even more barren 

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

Javerys22
Javerys22
  • Predictions:  389  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  490
  • Post Score: 66

03.25.2023 | 12:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4094th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Marlon Vera, DEC
Interested to see how the kicking game works out in this one. My guess is that Cory is going to abandon kicking the calf/leg of vera early and look to score on the body mostly. Stylistically this fight favors Vera in my opinion. Low volume strikers are perfect for Veras style. He's very technically sound defensively when volume isn't thrown his way (4,5 shots) and has great eyes when checking or countering the kicks to the lower leg. Cory is subject to being caught off the counter left hand of chito and will not have the edge in the ground game/wrestling. Cory's best gameplan I feel is to strike at a distance and outpoint chito or attack with the hooks to get chito ducking to set up his knees. Not sure if his knees will play a big factor on the outside as vera normally hand fights and rolls off shots or looks to catch and return. Im also interested to see what Cory does about the teep kicks of vera. they could play big leading into the later rounds. think this fight mostly boils down to range control. Love this fight.

Holm vs. Santos
Holly Holm, DEC
holly still has the skills to go the distance with yana. not excited about this one.

Landwehr vs. Lingo
Austin Lingo, TKO, R1
Think Nate drops his left hand off the jab too much for Austin. Lingo loves his right hand and has good fundamentals and timing off the slip/pull counter and has a good overhand right on the inside. Jab is nothing spectacular but again good fundamentals. makes me lean to Austin more but this is still a fun fight. Nate has he edge on cardio/grappling and has a decent straight right that will be effective in the later rounds if they get there.

Lee vs. Barber
Maycee Barber, DEC
Think maycee is the more well rounded fighter. Andrea is forsure live on the ground tho and can have her moments on the feet as well.

Perez vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
I think Alex is forsure live on the ground against Kape and could have his moments on the feet. The power advantage will be evident. could make up for a very interesting 3rd round if Kape can't find the button or score big in both rounds 1 and 2. Very fun fight.

Njokuani vs. Duraev
Chidi Njokuani, TKO, R2
Will be interesting to see if Duraev can secure round one. think Chidi's skills on the feet will be too much for Albert.

Pineda vs. Lutz
Tucker Lutz, DEC
Depends on which Pineda shows up, but think he is live on the feet and ground and least the first round if not 2-4mins. dude has got great skills, but prob was on the juice cuz his decline has been real.

Peterson vs. Alexander
Steven Peterson, DEC
hard to see Steven finding a finish here as he hasn't in a few years. Lucas did get choked out by Brito tho... Lucas is forsure live on the feet. Will be interesting to see how hard he's worked on his tdd.

Giles vs. Parsons
Preston Parsons, DEC
Think parsons is the more technical striker and Giles will have to take it to the ground and grind out a round/2 for the nod. wouldn't be surprised if parsons TKO'd Giles in the third.

Vergara vs. da Silva
CJ Vergara, DEC
Hard to pick Daniel here.

Salvador vs. Altamirano
Victor Altamirano, SUB
See salvador having the edge on the feet and most likely has the skills to TKO altamirano around 3-4 mins in the first/ 2mins in the second. If altamirano makes it past that hell likely get it to the floor and TKO/sub Salvador has there is a big gap on the ground.

* Edited at 03.25.2023, 12:15 PM ET *

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

theycallmehim
theycallmehim
  • Predictions:  230  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 121

03.25.2023 | 12:15 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 487th

Today is my birthday, so hopefully this fight card will be a great birthday present for me.

"Be water, my friend."

Javerys22
Javerys22
  • Predictions:  389  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  490
  • Post Score: 66

03.25.2023 | 12:18 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4094th

Happy birthday mane. Hope it does. 

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

BGBets
BGBets
  • Predictions:  90  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 129

03.25.2023 | 12:29 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4812th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Marlon Vera, TKO, R3
Chito by Third Round KO. Chito catches Sandhagen with over hand right following flying knee attempt.

Sprewell
Sprewell

03.25.2023 | 12:34 PM ET

Thanks Foppa420 for the information. I was initially going to bet Lutz but I changed my mind:

1) His cardio might be better now that he's taking care of his diet. He also looks better during the face-offs & weigh-ins than he did during his previous fights.

2) If he has gotten wiser with his diet, he could also have become wiser in the way he fights.

3) Judges seem to value damage over control more than ever nowadays. Lutz likes to win minutes by grinding on his opponents without doing a lot of damage.

I can imagine Pineda doing enough damage in the standup (and from his back with elbows) to steal 2 rounds and win a close decision, in a fight in which Lutz spent a large portion of the fight grinding Pineda against the fence and/or doing lay 'n pray.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,952  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,377
  • Post Score: 40

03.25.2023 | 12:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2484th

Vera vs. Sandhagen
Marlon Vera, DEC
kinda want cory to win on volume even though vera winning is probably better for the divisoin, but i'm feeling like maybe marlon's aggression will take over later rounds?

Holm vs. Santos
Holly Holm, DEC
could end up with one of these oddball mmamath triangles with these 2 and ketlen, i think that'll be my pick. holly dances and chips away moving backwards for the decision.

Landwehr vs. Lingo
Nate Landwehr, DEC
i'll say nate can find his td entries and push the pace.

Lee vs. Barber
Maycee Barber, DEC
hoping for a double ko (would that be the first in wmma history?) but for an actual pick i'll take maycee because she has been winning by decision and andrea has been losing by decision.

Perez vs. Kape
Manel Kape, DEC
we might see perez try to wrestle and if so i see this going to decision, not sure he'll have enough success to overshadow what figures to be a striking advantage for kape.

Njokuani vs. Duraev
Chidi Njokuani, TKO, R1
duraev seems to find td's and that's where chidi is weakest, but duraev has also has all 4 losses by strikes so i'll have to go with chidi.

Pineda vs. Lutz
Tucker Lutz, DEC
wanted to say that pineda's grappling is being underestimated here, but age & layoff have me thinking lutz is gonna come in hungrier.

Peterson vs. Alexander
Steven Peterson, SUB, R2
not impressed with lucas' resume and it seems he'll oblige peterson in the standup, i'll say he gets tagged and choked out instead of tko'd though. peterson has an even split in method of victory and lucas has been subbed in his losses.

Giles vs. Parsons
Preston Parsons, SUB, R2
i'll say parsons can get the better of the standup and then capitalize in the scrambles once giles starts to shoot.

Vergara vs. da Silva
CJ Vergara, TKO, R2
cj has some legitimate power and da silva might be too willing to trade?

Salvador vs. Altamirano
Victor Altamirano, DEC
no idea here, gonna ride the mexico wave and say altamirano can use volume and mix up where the fight takes place.

Page 29

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Maraoune Bellagouit vs. Mido Mohamed - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Mido Mohamed 5% Maraoune Bellagouit 95%
  • Mido Mohamed (6-1-1) EG is the #10th Pro Mens Featherweight in Egypt.
  • Maraoune Bellagouit (4-0-0) MA is the #42nd Pro Mens Featherweight in Middle East.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia