Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Spivac

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,057
  • Post Score: 47

10.13.2022 | 2:10 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:05 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Devin Clark   defeats   Da Un Jung   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Blagoy Ivanov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Doo Ho Choi   vs.   Kyle Nelson   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Adam Fugitt   defeats   Yusaku Kinoshita   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Mount   4:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Anshul Jubli   defeats   Jeka Saragih   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:44 Round 2 of 3, 8:44 Total Bout Page
Jeong Yeong Lee   defeats   Yizha   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rinya Nakamura   defeats   Toshiomi Kazama   via KO/TKO, Straight Left   0:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hyun Sung Park   defeats   Seung Guk Choi   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:11 Round 3 of 3, 13:11 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Denis Tiuliulin   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Jesus Aguilar   via Submission, Triangle Armbar   4:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 7

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,470  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  804
  • Post Score: 185

01.15.2023 | 3:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2465th

Jubli vs. Saragih
Jeka Saragih, TKO, R1
Saragih can win the full Road To UFC Tournament through sheer power. Jubli seems much more well rounded but the indonesian has found the chin every time so far

Yi vs. Lee
Jeong Yeong Lee, SUB, R1
Jeong Yeong is becoming the chinese nemesis, he is beating all these guys with ease. Zha Yi is better than Bin Xie and Kai Lu, but I expect the same result as Lee may be something special

Nakamura vs. Kazama
Rinya Nakamura, TKO, R2
Nakamura is the best signing of the tournament, he may already be a TOP 5 wrestler in the company. Even if his standup is reckless, he carries a lot of power. Kazama is really good too despite that ugly loss where he ate a knee, but his strengths are the same as Rinya´s

Park vs. Choi
Seung Guk Choi, DEC
This is a coin toss, each guy has his strengths and the one imposing them will edge this one. I have seen Park struggling on the feet while Choi has looked more polished everywhere, so I am picking the Tapology´s current underdog

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

Kniferusty
Kniferusty
  • Predictions:  725  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173

01.16.2023 | 2:16 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3630th

Taira is opening the show?!? Feels wrong to me but maybe that's a good thing?

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

Buttcrispe
Buttcrispe
  • Predictions:  1,137  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 216

01.16.2023 | 5:58 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 525 Points   |   110th Place

Ji Yeon Kim usually gets the short end of the stick with the judges, I'm thinking Böhm will be easy work for her though.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,000  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,090
  • Post Score: 88

01.16.2023 | 6:06 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2150th

Outside of the main event and some of the RTU fights, this card seems mad easy to pick. Lots of one sided mismatches 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

01.18.2023 | 8:49 PM ET

Odds have come out for this one... Tatsuro is a -1100 LMFAO.  He is a talented young fighter but damn wow.  

Source: https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-fight-night-lewis-vs-spivak-2747

* Edited at 01.18.2023, 8:49 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.18.2023 | 8:51 PM ET

Odds seem right. Aguilar is a bottom tier ufc fighter. He’s outmatched everywhere this fight goes. Outside of a fluke ko or Hail Mary sub I don’t see how Aguilar has any chance of winning this fight

* Edited at 01.18.2023, 8:52 PM ET *

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

01.18.2023 | 8:54 PM ET

@Mayo, I agree.  Might just take Tatsuro by SUB when those odds come out.  I also have this feeling that Blagoy is going to pull off the win against Tybura.  
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2023 | 11:57 AM ET

Agree on both. Pretty sure taira will sub him within a round

Kniferusty
Kniferusty

01.20.2023 | 12:51 PM ET

As I rewatched tape on DoHoo Choi he backs up a lot with his hands low, which obviously is a huge opening. Given the long layoff & the possibility that his chin is soft,  I think round 1 against 'lack of cardio Nelson' is not out of the question. 

Seems riskier than my first instinct.

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2023 | 12:54 PM ET

I noticed that too. What I actually strongly dislike about dooho is his head movmement is actually awful, and he’s looked bad since the Swanson fight. He started off great against stephens, then stephens found the range and saw dooho stopped moving his head, and then ko’ed him. Same thing with jourdain, he started off great and jourdain found his range and slept him. Nelson is **** but starts very fast and hits hard. It could get ugly to start for dooho

Kniferusty
Kniferusty

01.20.2023 | 1:10 PM ET

Totally agree! His strike absorption is way too high. I know he's 'supposed' to win, but also his success was against weak opponents who if still in the UFC today would stand no chance given how much the sport has evolved.  

It really bothered me in that Jourdain fight, he'd take multiple shots backing up head up high, almost as if he could see EVERY SINGLE one coming but just ate them with eyes wide open.

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

01.21.2023 | 4:28 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3711th

I have a prediciton for a Lewis vs Spivak fight : It doesn't happen again because Lewis is gonna get Taco Bell again 
Mightypro150
Mightypro150
  • Predictions:  8,894  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 67

01.21.2023 | 10:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1675th

Kim vs. Böhm
Ji Yeon Kim, DEC
The only recognizeable fighters on the undercard. Ufc corporation must have bought One Championship and Rizin, or they are just trying to steal thier prospects.

"It's like predicting the future..., except it isn't."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,478
  • Post Score: -57

01.21.2023 | 11:23 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 3099th

What is this card

"Positivity is a positive"

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  458  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

01.21.2023 | 11:56 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 3410th

Is this card a joke?

*** is this?
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 5 months, 1 day, 6 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Mysticsosaa
Mysticsosaa
  • Predictions:  2,242  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 188

01.22.2023 | 12:29 AM ET

Oh hell nah this is it?

"Islam Era is near"

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,823  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

01.22.2023 | 1:46 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 885th

Can't wait from seeing Jamahal Hill, Moreno, and Andrade beat up their opponents, we get two of the worst females on the roster
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.22.2023 | 2:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Lewis vs. Spivak
Serghei Spivak, SUB, R2
God this fight frustrates me so much. I originally leaned Lewis because of his historic success against wrestlers, and the fact that spivak isn’t super comfortable on the feet. But then he pulled that stunt on fight day. And now that this is rebooked, I then see that photo of him in the best shape I’ve seen. It’s hard to be confident because he’s just looked done in his last few. This feels like a coinflip to me. Either Lewis does his classic “just stand up” technique and ko’s spivak. Or spivak just takes him down and mauls him

Jung vs. Clark
Da Un Jung, TKO, R1
Clark is super talented but he is just so fragile. Dude cannot take a punch whatsoever. Jung’s loss to jacoby isn’t the worst loss in the world. He should just easily ko clark. He also has really good takedown defense and that judo background so he can probably deal with Clark’s wrestling

Tybura vs. Ivanov
Blagoy Ivanov, DEC
This matchmaking is so funny to me because they managed to put the two biggest decisionators together. I have a weird feeling maybe we could get a finish. I don’t really know if tybura will be able to outgrapple blagoy. On the feet tybura is probably the better striker, but blagoy just walks you down and throws leather. I don’t think tybura is really that comfortable on the feet so I’ll go blagoy

Choi vs. Nelson
Doo Ho Choi, TKO, R1
Choi SHOULD win but tbh I think he’s totally washed. He started off hot against stephens and jourdain, but then they found their range and took advantage of the fact he has bad head movement. He also tends to overthrow a lot. My only worry is Nelson can crack snd comes to bang for the first half of the round before gassing out. Dooho should destroy him but im just worried he’s not the same anymore

Kino****a vs. Fugitt
Yusaku Kino****a, TKO, R2
I remember a lot of people saying they were impressed with fugitt against morales, but rewatching it I wasn’t impressed outside of the ewrly control time. Yusaku is very promising. He showed some great striking on dwcs and always comes to bang. He recently moved to kill cliff and is getting a lot better. This should be a showcase spot

Jubli vs. Saragih
Anshul Jubli, DEC
I’m actually going with the underdog here. Both come from two incredibly suspect regional scenes so it’s hard to be super confident in either. Jeka had some crazy highlights but he fought some awful dudes. Jubli surprised me by beating Kim(who I thought would take the whole thing). He showed some surprisingly decent boxing. I watched his regional fights and he won most of his fights by grappling, but that was against bums. His tdd did not look good against kim. His gas tank also gave up about 9 minutes in and he got sloppy, but I think he should be better than saragih. Saragih just has power and doesn’t really set anything up

Yi vs. Lee
Jeong Yeong Lee, TKO, R1
Yi is just your average bad Chinese fighter. Yi is very impressive but he is a little wild. However he’s insanely atheltic and possesses crazy power. His takedown defense is not good which is a little concerning against a grappler. However he has shown to have some slick submission skills

Nakamura vs. Kazama
Rinya Nakamura, TKO, R2
This is by far the best RTU final. Both these guys are ufc level but I find nakamura incredibly impressive. He has incredible wrestling, good submission skills, and tons of power. I’ll cut him some slack for his last fight because he did get clipped but he was coming in tbere to take the dudes head off. Then again, Kazama isn’t really a crazy striker so not a huge deal. Kazama is a super talented bjj guy. He does his best work from his back so if nakamura can hold him down he should avoid most of the threat. As long as he stays composed, I think nakamura will win by keeping this on the feet. Wouldn’t surprise me if ye doesn’t respect the bjj and just ****s him up with wrestling either lol. He’s very promising

Park vs. Choi
Hyun Sung Park, DEC
Im still salty park beat my man top noi. Neither of these guys are totally awful, but they just seem really green. I like Choi’s shot selection but he has 0 head movement. His takedown defense also isn’t great. Not really confident in either side

Kim vs. Böhm
Ji Yeon Kim, DEC
Kim is a talented fighter, but doesn’t really know how to put it all together. She has a crazy long reach, solid boxing, and great output. But she just seems to find ways to lose. However, bohm has to legitimately the worst wmma fighter on the roster. Just awful everywhere. Anyone who makes lipski look like she did in ksw stands no chance at being in the ufc

Park vs. Tiuliulin
Jun Yong Park, SUB, R3
If park grapples like he did last fight, he should win this easily. He can still win on the feet but he will just make it harder for himself. Tiuliulin isn’t an amazing striker, but he comes to scrap and has power

Taira vs. Aguilar
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Lock. Taira is better everywhere. Aguilar has some impressive wins on his record but he’s just awful. Undersized, bad fight iq, bad grappling, and at a serious reach disadvantage

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,758
  • Post Score: -18

01.22.2023 | 5:37 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 135th

i don't know what the **** is going on with the odds in 2023 with these weirdly wide lines but taira should NOT be a -1100 favorite

i'm all aboard the taira hype train, i think him and mokaev are the khamzat/shavkhat version of 125 and they're going to be fighting each other for the title in a couple of years but hoooly **** the line shouldn't be this wide

-1100 should be reserved for astronomical beatdowns, khabib vs iaquinta - jailton vs shamil - rebecki vs fiore - cm punk vs gall  etc etc, sure the fight might look like an astronomical beatdown in live time but right now they're both not established enough in the ufc yet to be handing out -1100

* Edited at 01.22.2023, 6:03 AM ET *

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  458  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

01.22.2023 | 7:10 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 3410th

WHO ARE THESE CHINESE PEOPLE?

NEVER HEARD OF THEM, IM NOT TOUCHING THIS CARD ... SEE YOU IN ISLAM VS VOLK ... good luck betting in this trash ass card
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 5 months, 1 day, 6 hours, and 54 minutes from now.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida