Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Strickland vs. Imavov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,108
  • Post Score: 47

09.23.2022 | 7:20 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Nassourdine Imavov   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Damon Jackson   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:30 Round 2 of 3, 9:30 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Punahele Soriano   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Ketlen Vieira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Umar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Javid Basharat   defeats   Mateus Mendonça   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Claudio Ribeiro   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:28 Round 2 of 3, 5:28 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Rębecki   defeats   Nick Fiore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Allan Nascimento   defeats   Carlos Hernandez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Argueta   defeats   Nick Aguirre   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Johnson   defeats   Jimmy Flick   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 70

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

01.11.2023 | 8:27 PM ET

🤣🤓🏀

Dave Portnoy is an unathletic chicken
the definition of a pretentious ****
why are dorks obsessed with sports?
unable to compete with the real men
go ahead press charges petty b*tch
sideline jabronis love to play pretend
shoutout to lying crying Ariel
where the f*ck is my fried chicken stipend

This user is suspended from posting until 6 days, 7 hours, and 50 minutes from now.
BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,792  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

01.11.2023 | 9:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2417th

Strickland vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
Maybe pass

Soriano vs. Kopylov
Punahele Soriano, DEC
SD. Source thinks dog is live

Vieira vs. Pennington
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
SA . Pass .

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,486
  • Post Score: -57

01.11.2023 | 10:27 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 55th

If we were to arrange a boxing match between me and PrisonMike, would someone give me 50k if I knock him out in R1?

Could we start a Tapology GoFund me or something?

"Positivity is a positive"

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666

01.11.2023 | 10:34 PM ET

im sure David Dorknoy would

what does Prison Mike get if he wins?

* Edited at 01.11.2023, 10:35 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 6 days, 7 hours, and 50 minutes from now.
Rah123
Rah123

01.11.2023 | 10:37 PM ET

A kick **********

Hippie
Hippie

01.11.2023 | 10:38 PM ET

^

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 642nd

😆 yea let’s set this fight up!
ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666

01.11.2023 | 10:46 PM ET

🤣🧑🏻‍🍳🎂

i want that fat f*ck MMA guru for my tune up fight

* Edited at 01.11.2023, 11:00 PM ET *

*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  205  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  300
  • Post Score: 83

01.11.2023 | 11:04 PM ET

Rah vs Prison Mike Co-Main Event

since this card is dog **** and main event will put us all to sleep. The co-main event of Rah beating the living dog**** out of Prison Mike will save the card and possibly bald ass Dana “woman beater” White’s ass. 

Betting Lines:
Rah -800
Prison Mike +420
*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  205  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  300
  • Post Score: 83

01.11.2023 | 11:05 PM ET

L Andrew as the referee

if his parents allow him to go
Hippie
Hippie

01.11.2023 | 11:11 PM ET

😂

Rah123
Rah123

01.11.2023 | 11:47 PM ET

If not we can get JR to judge. He is corrupt

Evan23
Evan23
  • Predictions:  2,461  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 88

01.12.2023 | 12:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 815th

Argueta vs. Aguirre
Daniel Argueta, DEC
Argueta should win an easy and dominant decision here, he looks to be a future top 15 guy.

Rah123
Rah123

01.12.2023 | 12:28 AM ET

Evan

Who Argueta? Top 15? Not a chance in hell I'd say. 
 He is horrible 

Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,554  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

01.12.2023 | 1:30 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 439th

JR will be the backup fighter if prison mike slips on a banana peel or some **** and can't make it to the fight
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 1 week, 6 days, 21 hours, and 14 minutes from now.
Hippie
Hippie

01.12.2023 | 1:44 AM ET

Bets?

Prison Mike vs. Rah123

I got PM KO’ing Rah123 1st round..
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,294
  • Post Score: 136

01.12.2023 | 2:13 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 223rd

Simultaneous ko from weakness and early exhaustion.
Ref fails to call it due to busting a gut laughing.
Both fail to answer bell for second round.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

J T M s i s h
J T M s i s h
  • Predictions:  215  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 312

01.12.2023 | 2:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1443rd

Strickland vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
50/50 Imavov : This is such a strange fight. The good thing for Nassourdine's corner is that tape study for Sean is pretty simple. He doesn't change much, he's always upright, relies a lot on his jab, fires off some decent combinations, has a good understanding of distance, and he is very tentative with how much he throws. Sean absolutely has the cardio advantage and a decent ground game. Imavov has those Dagestani roots but without the gas tank you'd need to really utilise it (especially over 5 rounds). Sean didn't take much damage in his last fight just under a month ago. Nassourdine should be looking to attack his legs. This is genuinely a bizarre fight to predict. If Sean can take the centre in the smaller APEX octagon it would limit Imavov's movement. Nassourdine needs to get him out by the early third round. Otherwise it's down to the Nevada State Athletic Commission to decide his fate. Sean's chin at 205 could be concrete. BUT Nassourdine is far more active and for the judges I can see Sean dropping points in the early rounds and having too much of a steep hill to climb in the championship rounds.

Ige vs. Jackson
Dan Ige, TKO, R3
50/50 Ige : Listen, at some point people are going to have to put some respect on Damon Jackson's name. This is not an easy matchup for Ige no matter the odds. Dan does have excellent submission defence but once Damon's on your back there's not much you can do to get him off. Hence the name "The Leech". Dan is leagues better on the feet but Jackson's awkward style isn't easy to replicate in a fight camp. Ige needs to keep this on the feet. Dan's last 4 losses have come by some serious characters. Katter, Zombie, Emmett and Evloev. Damon Jackson isn't quite that level but he's on a hot streak at the moment with the only bump in the road being Topuria (who will be challenging for a title within the next 18 months). This is momentum vs desperation. The pressure is absolutely on for Ige. I can't see Ige getting finished but if he doesn't keep it on the feet he's kind of ******. Dan's cardio and power is what he needs to get the W.

Soriano vs. Kopylov
Punahele Soriano, DEC
60/40 Soriano : Southpaw vs Southpaw. Volume vs Strategy. There's issues with both these lads. In my opinion Kopylov is the better fighter but he just simply doesn't throw enough. His distance management is a sight for sore eyes and his straight combinations are outstanding, plus he's been in a fair few five round fights so his cardio is impressive for someone with only eleven fights. All of this might be a moot point however, as Puna showed a level of maturity since his losses. He showed a level of patience to his game plan in his last fight. He absolutely has a power advantage and showed he's willing to engage with his wrestling even if it's just to feint takedowns. Puna has had pretty significant gas tank issues in the past so this new found growth might be his saving grace when getting up the division. Roman is one tough S.O.B though so he might be able to exploit Puna's new found patience the further the fight gets. Not sure on a finish but I think Puna gets this done.

Vieira vs. Pennington
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
55/45 Vieira : Rocky can bang, bruv. She's got excellent head movement, loves a Thai chinch, throws very affective combinations. The thing is Ketlen carries a lot of power. The difficulty comes down to the judges. Damage is the main criteria, and despite Ketlen becoming more hesitant to throw combinations consistently since her first career loss, she gets one hell of a reaction when she lands. She's been too respectful of her veteran opponents and has started to fight more on the outside rather than taking the centre like she used to. However she's got the nod from the judges two times in a row with this kind of adaptation. I don't believe we'll see a finish in this fight so it might just be worth a punt on this fight going to a decision.

Nurmagomedov vs. Barcelos
Umar Nurmagomedov, DEC
60/40 Nurmagomedov : This is absolutely the right fight to make for a proper test of Umar. You absolutely cannot sleep on Barcelos. He's tough, he's quick, he fights smart, has really good jiu-jitsu and his calf kicks are horrible. This fight is going to be a banger. Lots of slick scrambling transitions, crazy question mark kicks and a fast fast fast pace from the off. Neither need a feeling out period, or at least not a long one. This is 100% going to the judges, and if Umar can keep hold of Raoni it should be his. Good ******' fight.

Razak Alhassan vs. Ribeiro
Abdul Razak Alhassan, TKO, R2
50/50 Alhassan : Okay so I'm gonna be a bit mean here. Neither of these guys have shown particularly good fight IQ. I think a 25 second Contender Series TKO (that seemed to be stopped a little early) shouldn't be enough to get a contract in the UFC. This fight could go a few ways. Alhassan has a decent chin most of the time and Ribeiro has a better gas tank. It's either Alhassan by KO or Ribeiro by decision. Either way this should probably be left out of a parlay and absolutely shouldn't be headlining the prelims.

Rębecki vs. Fiore
Mateusz Rębecki, SUB, R1
90/10 Rębecki : Look, notes on this fight are difficult. Not out of making picks but just in a "why the **** does anyone think this is a good idea!?" sort of way. Nick has had six professional fights, all first round finishes (2 TKOs & 4 submissions). Four of these fighters have losing records. The other two don't exactly have ideal records either. Mateusz was a cross promotion champion in Poland, where the regional scene is hard as nails. Booked for tons of main events and tons of finishes. I can't see anything other than a first round submission finish for Rębecki.

Mendonça vs. Basharat
Javid Basharat, DEC
70/30 Basharat : Javid has a really interesting stand up style. He manages distance really well. His strikes are diverse and he targets everywhere (thoughi would like to see more low leg kicks added into his game). He moves in and out well, and very quickly. He takes shots well and holds a lot of power in the scramble. The caveat to this fight however is that it takes him around 90 seconds to two minutes to find his flow. Mateus is a hard character to judge. His 48 second win over Ajim in the Contender Series came two years after his last fight on the regional circuit, and his performance wasn't exactly exemplary. If Basharat can weather the early storm of Mendonça I think it's his fight to lose.

Nascimento vs. Hernandez
Allan Nascimento, DEC
55/45 Nascimento : Allan Nascimento has been in nothing but close fights at the highest level until his last fight against Hadley. He's very creative in his striking and has a heavy top game in the grappling department. His scrambling is on point. His biggest issue is his entries into his takedowns. His trips are excellent but the later the fight get the more laboured his takedowns are. Hernandez has decent takedown defense and decent striking. He doesn't kick much which takes away a viability of Nascimento taking him down. He does however have an issue with entering an exchange with little head movement and he loops a little when he punches which allows for counters. Also a problem is how he reacts to getting hit. In typical flyweight fashion I can see this going to decision.

Argueta vs. Aguirre
Daniel Argueta, TKO, R2
80/20 Argueta : I had this whole schtick about the original fight book but there's very little I can put for this one. Aguirre has 11 years of wrestling experience, barely 4 in MMA. Argueta should be able to bully him. That's it. Disappointed Dulgarian couldn't make the fight.

Flick vs. Johnson
Jimmy Flick, DEC
60/40 Flick : This is way tougher to pick than you might think. Flick has been out of competition since December 2020 and Charles fought a back and forth high octane fight two Fight Nights ago. Flick has a heavy kicking game on the feet and is a constant pressure fighter. Johnson does move back a lot and is suseptable to leg kicks but his style does look good for the judges, even if he's being out-struck. Johnson is a late replacement and likely not going into his fight higher than 80%. It's a tough fight for Flick as Johnson has an excellent hand-fighting game and makes getting back to the feet look easy. I think Jimmy will look to just attach himself to Charles' back and scramble scramble scramble for submissions. I don't see Johnson getting submitted. I'm taking Flick by the judges - but it's not an easy fight for either man.

Cachoeira vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
50/50 Eubanks : Cachoeira has a 100% record of first round finishes at bantamweight. BUT she has absolutely nothing on the ground. If Sijara is wise she'll wrestle her from the off and hunt for submissions on top. There are so many issues with Sijara's striking when dealing with the kind of power Priscila will be throwing at her, and Priscila retains her power throughout three rounds, even if she's been wrestle-****** for 10 minutes. Eubanks hasn't had a finish in her UFC career and got finished for the first time in her MMA career in her last fight via liver shot. Predicting a finish is tough regardless of who wins.

"Seeking that perfect prediction for bants and bragging rights (and hopefully a little extra cash)."

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,584  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  943
  • Post Score: 387

01.12.2023 | 2:55 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1644th

Rah123
Rah123

01.12.2023 | 3:22 AM ET

Im gonna hit PrisonMike with a 15 inch ***** and knock him out 

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,758
  • Post Score: -18

01.12.2023 | 3:29 AM ET

rah

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   785th Place

you sure that's going to be enough to knock him out?

I think if you do go ahead and try to knock him out with a *****, his instincts will take over and he'll open up his mouth wide and catch it and swallow it whole therefore absorbing the impact of the hit

you could probably just backhand slap him and he's going to be out cold until easter

* Edited at 01.12.2023, 3:29 AM ET *

Page 70

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Ilia Topuria Saying ‘No’ To Alexander Volkanovski And Other Top Contenders Is ‘Weird’
  • MMA Junkie : Jimmy Smith slams Ronda Rousey for saying Joe Rogan, media turned on her: 'Don't give me this victim sh*t'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant reveals she signed multi-fight deal with Misfits Boxing, but BKFC ‘will definitely see me again’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Canelo vs Munguia preview, Paul vs Tyson rules, more
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner David Onama apologizes for weight miss: 'My body gave up on me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jimmy Smith goes off on Ronda Rousey: ‘She gets all the credit, none of the blame’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Been Fighting Old Slow Dopes’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Padilla 'lost hope many times' on long journey to UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Pans Manchester PPV Start Time: ‘It’s Terrible’
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient