Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Strickland vs. Imavov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,041
  • Post Score: 47

09.23.2022 | 7:20 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Nassourdine Imavov   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Damon Jackson   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:30 Round 2 of 3, 9:30 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Punahele Soriano   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Ketlen Vieira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Umar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Javid Basharat   defeats   Mateus Mendonça   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Claudio Ribeiro   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:28 Round 2 of 3, 5:28 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Rębecki   defeats   Nick Fiore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Allan Nascimento   defeats   Carlos Hernandez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Argueta   defeats   Nick Aguirre   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Johnson   defeats   Jimmy Flick   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 36

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,758
  • Post Score: -18

01.02.2023 | 4:32 PM ET

duck

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   785th Place

obviously you're not following what I'm saying

I said for PRACTICAL (you're giving me the theoretical side) reasons, racism lately has started being used as an umbrella term to include all the things I mentioned

it's not a definition, it's not in the dictionary, it's an abstract concept that people who talk about this subject a lot follow. like I said, you will only realize this if you actually talk to other people about this subject for extended periods of time
ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

01.02.2023 | 4:32 PM ET

😎🎂🎠

Mike's four hundreth post
feeling quite special
switch the U for an R
matrix says we're artistic
prophetic predictions mac mystic
Brittany Renner needs real mentors
Andrew Tate is Muhammad's splinter
cell
they want Mike compliant
on their carousel in hell
if lies could stink
something around here smells

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 4:38 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 week, 1 day, and 4 minutes from now.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,291
  • Post Score: 136

01.02.2023 | 4:33 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 223rd

LMAO ok your tooo stupid to read permabanned!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

01.02.2023 | 4:44 PM ET

@ baremaras  Being just a regular horse-browed, moth-eaten drooling intellectual cretin who pokes his dinner from an anthill with a chicken bone, I will do my level best to keep up with your obviously staggering powers of intellect, if I fail to do, so I apologise in advance. You accept that the definition you have provided is not immutable. That it is discursive--a construct. Therefore, it is not something that youmustbelieve, it is something youchooseto believe. It is therefore also true that I must not believe it, but may choose to. I do not choose to. The world is indeed full of belief systems that demand exclusive adherence and general intellectual fealty, regardless of how demented or insane they may be, whether they are ethical or make sense. There's one in particular, you may have heard of; Nazism. I reject this as I do your definition of racism, as is my right to do when shopping in the marketplace of ideas.

It is your contention that your definition of racism makes...debate, somehow a more congenial and streamlined and...lengthy, process? Exactly how it achieves this is not apparent to me.You have not provided a sufficient explanation. Regardless, I fundamentally disagree. In fact, it will always be counterintuitive to any form of debate purely as a process of information exclusion. If anything at all can be deemed racist, and anything that is deemed racist must be excluded as subject matter in any debate, then this inherently limits the type and availability of information exchange.

Could it be, perhaps, that your definition of racism is simply newspeak designed to insulate a particular type of belief system from a form of scrutiny that which subjected to it couldn't survive?

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 4:57 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, 12 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 4:52 PM ET

****les

again, you're victimizing yourself and writing a whole essay on an assumption that doesn't correspond to reality LOL

you do realize i NEVER said that's the "DEFINITION" of racism right? i NEVER even used the word definition and i specifically used words like "used", "practicality", "abstract", "concept". you do realize all those words only point to the actual usage of the word and how it's being used in human conversations, right? from the start, I've only been talking about the practicality of the word, not it's theoretical definition yet you keep going on and on and on about the "definition" of the word which is referring to something theoretical

all in all, you're arguing against something I didn't say, I never used the word "definition" like you are and I specifically and very explicitly stated that i'm only talking about which way the word is being used practically in every day conversations between people

you're arguing semantics and implying I've said stuff that I haven't, typical far right winger
baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 4:55 PM ET

****les

also PLEASE get to the point faster in your posts, you're using irrelevant, meaningless and pointless words that only take up space and do not offer anything to the conversation. I understand that you feel the need to make yourself appear smarter than you are by doing this but it's getting cringe
****les
****les

01.02.2023 | 5:04 PM ET

baremarasyou said:

I said for PRACTICAL (you're giving me the theoretical side) reasons, racism lately has started being used as an umbrella term to include all the things I mentioned

But you have not broken downhowthis is practical. Or beneficial.You have simply meandered using abstract language to the effect that this is the case because it 'just is'. Debate is inherently impractical anyway. It is not like, say, freighting logistics, or fixing a leaking tap. When challenged, you simply revert to the same consensus fallacy that underpins your entire argument. It is known asArgumentum ad poplum.

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 5:06 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, 12 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.02.2023 | 5:05 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 721st

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

01.02.2023 | 5:05 PM ET

take it to the misc thread or another thread please

this thread is already almost beyond salvaging

"I live, I die, I live again."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,477
  • Post Score: -57

01.02.2023 | 5:06 PM ET

Duck

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 55th

Does that mean that ****les is both racist and xenophobic?

That's what it sounds like to me 😅

"Positivity is a positive"

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,512  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,800
  • Post Score: 144

01.02.2023 | 5:06 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3181st

I had to hide Prison Mike and TARTARA
Their posts are making my finger sore from the excessive scrolling their ******* posts.
Now I can enjoy the hostilities of Tapology.

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,477
  • Post Score: -57

01.02.2023 | 5:07 PM ET

Back to MMA

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 55th

Cmon guys, back to MMA. Money to be made and only 2 weeks to solidify our strategies to bankrupt the bookies.

Sijara Eubanks is one of the best bets on the card. Change my mind ....

"Positivity is a positive"

baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 5:07 PM ET

****les

isn't it obvious how in a conversation pertaining discrimination against members of the LGBTQ community, it's far more fluid and preferrable to use 1 overarching umbrella term (in this case, racism) for every single part of the community? or do you think saying *****phobic, transphobic, biphobic, ****phobic etc etc serves any purpose and actually helps the discussion's flow?

come on man, don't make me explain the most obvious concepts - this was just one example how having an umbrella term like the word racism greatly helps the flow and continuation of the discussion
baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 5:08 PM ET

gregory

sorry big boss, i won't reply to this racist again
baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 5:12 PM ET

rah

well spotted friend, there's definitely value in eubanks and flick IMO

quick reminder charles johnson quite literally injured his foot badly less than 2 months ago against zhalgas ( a fight in which he had to be bailed out by the judges )

i'm not fully giving up on charles johnson yet, I think he's going to win this but with jimmy flick at +260, I would take a second look at him for sure

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 5:15 PM ET *

****les
****les

01.02.2023 | 5:16 PM ET

@ baremaras no, because sexuality, like religion, is not a race. Anyone can be gay. Not just anyone can be African or Japanese. Entirely different subject(s). You might as well throw finger painting under the same umbrella as particle physics. It would make equal sense. Which is to say, absolutely none at all.
Ash98
Ash98
  • Predictions:  248  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 43

01.02.2023 | 5:18 PM ET

My discord

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3729th

Hi guys, I want to try something new for 2023 and want to give my free picks on discord.

Feel free to check my servor out even though it is still blank yet haha, will post more in the coming days

https://discord.gg/QzmWPN8W

"G.O.A.T.S. come and go, but B.O.A.T.S. stay afloat. I'm the B.O.A.T."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,556
  • Post Score: 262

01.02.2023 | 5:27 PM ET

Rah123

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 283rd

If she an underdog than yes, if she a favourite than no, that fight a definition of dog or pass women fight for me, they both **** so I think either can win, just a general rule for this crappy women fight that wins in the long run

I think bet Sijara, but know what you getting into betting low skilled WMMA 

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 5:29 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,085
  • Post Score: 88

01.02.2023 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 548th

I like Eubanks and Johnson a lot in this spot. Johnson is way better than what he’s shown so far in the ufc; he’s had two tough fight and now he’s getting a grappler with a bad chin and meh striking who is also coming out of retirement (means his heart isn’t fully back in the game). Anyone who has watched Johnson vs royval has seen that InnerG was able to scramble on the ground with someone as good as royval, and not get subbed. That was also before inner G was good, and he hadn’t gone to tiger yet and he was able to go three rounds against a top 5 flyweight. I think he is more than capable of handling flick and should ko him and show why the ufc took the chance on him

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 5:36 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

baremaras
baremaras

01.02.2023 | 5:40 PM ET

ayylmao

I agree with pretty much everything, I only think there's a bit of value in Flick because of the circumstances and the context surrounding this fight - definitely wouldn't commit big time or include in any parlays

I think the skill is there for Johnson in pretty much every aspect of MMA, it's his last performance that was super troubling that's making me doubt him a little bit - showed huge lack of urgency and has been rescheduled to fight only 1.5 months after what looked like a nerve related issue with his foot in that fight

assuming that the injury has healed up and the ufc octagon time against zhalgas was educational for johnson, he should comfortably win this. I could definitely see a Manel Kape situation with Johnson where the outside-of-the-ufc experience and skillset are both there but he needs a few fights to get acclimated to the UFC and fully showcase how good he really is

* Edited at 01.02.2023, 5:42 PM ET *

Page 36

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'