Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 53

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.16.2022 | 10:49 AM ET

@****les

China has to cozy up to Russia.  They invested over 300 billion with them.  
China made many loans out to countries that could not pay back those loans.  Sri Lanka and Pakistan are recent examples.
Also, China is having tons of issues with its mortgages and unfinished housing projects.  Many people are just skipping paying their loans as they never got their completed houses/apartments.  
There are also a myriad of other issues.  This, IMO, is why they are being overtly strict with Covid lockdowns right now.

* Edited at 09.16.2022, 10:50 AM ET *

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

09.16.2022 | 6:56 PM ET

@Gobaz

Xi is Asian Hitler. And that's not even a gross exaggeration. He runs a genocidal regime where every aspect of his citizens private lives is monitored and regulated by the state. He's also using China's soft power to weaken the West and essentially colonize Africa. Who knows what China's hard power looks like, I bet they could beat the US military in a war on the Korean Peninsula or for Taiwan in about a decade. 

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

09.17.2022 | 3:40 AM ET

My comment about Xi was caustic my friend.
Sarcasm suits me very well.

* Edited at 09.17.2022, 3:42 AM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.22.2022 | 10:46 AM ET

A message to the residents of Russia

Meanwhile, mass protests against "partial mobilization" are erupting in all major Russian cities, because everyone knows that the mobilization is exactly as partial as Putin sees fit. In addition, potential conscripts and supporters also seem to flee Russia en masse by plane, train, car or even on foot. After all, no one wants to become a new statistic in that roughly 19,546 killed and 58,638 injured. Most tickets are now completely unaffordable and some services even refuse sale to men of military age.

* Edited at 09.22.2022, 1:07 PM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.22.2022 | 2:42 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

09.22.2022 | 3:40 PM ET

@GoBaz they're conscripting from reservists with military experience, not the general population.

The real problem as I see it is these new referendums in Kherson and Zaporphyze etc. They will 'vote' (lol) to become part of Russia, after which point Russia will regard any attacks on these regions as an attack on Russia itself. I listened to a pretty good translation of Vlad's speech about the partial mobilisation, and he explicitly and repeatedly said he would use tactical nukes if any newly annexed territories are attacked, and I don't think he was ********ting because he has to follow through at this point. He's at the point know where he's accepted he's not really fighting Ukraine, he's fighting pretty much all the West. 

Putin's speech, Verbatim:

In such a situation, I consider it necessary to make the following decision, which is fully appropriate to threats we face. Namely, in order to protect our motherland, its sovereignty and territorial integrity, and to ensure the safety of our people and people in the liberated territories, I consider it necessary to support the proposal of the defence ministry and the General Staff to conduct a partial mobilisation in the Russian Federation.” “We are talking about partial mobilisation. That is, only citizens who are currently in the reserves and, above all, those who have served in the armed forces, have military skills and relevant experience. Only they will be subject to conscription.” “Today our armed forces are operating across a front line that exceeds 1,000 km, opposing not only neo-Nazi formations but the entire military machine of the collective West.” “NATO is conducting reconnaissance across the south of Russia. Washington, London and Brussels are directly pushing Kyiv to move military action to our country. They are openly saying that Russia should be defeated on the battlefield by any means.” “Nuclear blackmail has also been used. We are talking not only about the shelling of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant – encouraged by the West – which threatens to cause a nuclear catastrophe but also about statements from senior representatives of NATO countries about the possibility and permissibility of using weapons of mass destruction against Russia: nuclear weapons. “I would like to remind those who make such statements about Russia that our country also possesses various means of destruction, and in some cases, they are more modern than those of NATO countries. When the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we, of course, will use all the means at our disposal to protect Russia and our people. “This is not a bluff. And those who try to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the weathervane can turn and point towards them.” “Citizens of Russia can be convinced that our territorial independence and freedom will be provided, and I emphasise this one more time, with all means that we have at our disposal.” “Parliaments in the People’s Republics of the Donbas as well as the civil-military administrations in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions have decided to hold referendums on the future of the territories and have appealed to Russia to support such a step. We will do everything to ensure safe conditions to hold the referendums so that people can express their will. “We will support the decision on their future, which will be made by the majority of residents in the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson.In its aggressive anti-Russian policy, the West has crossed every line. We constantly hear threats against our country and our people.The purpose of this West is to weaken, divide and ultimately destroy our country. They are already saying that in 1991 they were able to break up the Soviet Union, and now the time has come for Russia itself that it should disintegrate. And they have been planning it for a long time. The West is not interested in a peaceful solution and making compromises; they just want to break all negotiations.”

The latest is that Russia is assaulting Bakhmut city. I had hoped for a peaceful resolution at this point, but that's gone out the window now. This horrible train of death and carnage is headed towards its final destination, wherever that is.

* Edited at 09.22.2022, 4:07 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 14 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.22.2022 | 4:03 PM ET

Putin still has a gymnastics monstrosity of much too young age walking around Europe with two children right? I say hostage that *****. Send a finger (from her) by post. (Threatened) Withdraw from Ukraine or get more fingers by post. Kind of the Russian way, I still remember a movie with a horse head.
Which again reminds me of Ricky Gervais' brilliant show when he talks about killing baby Hitler. Then he shows a picture of the adorable face.

Moral dilemmas.

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.23.2022 | 8:49 AM ET

Will Khabib and his followers escape the dance?

Russia is mobilizing, especially their ethnic minorities from Buryatia, Dagestan and Yakutia, where by far the majority of Russian victims already come from. "It's not a partial mobilisation, it's a 100% mobilisation," said Alexandra Garmazhapova, president of the Free Buryatia Foundation, an activist group that has reported on the draft in the region. In the past day, she said, she and her colleagues had received and identified more than 3,000 reports of povestka, or draft papers, being delivered in Buryatia within just 24 hours". Putin gets his new troops from all directions, especially those that are sometimes - like Sakhalin next to JAPAN - about 7000 kilometers from the Ukrainian border.

Eventually they get their hands on a real weapon in the barracks to practice with. Then I am very curious what the person who knows that he will be sent out, who knows what awaits him, will do with his weapon at that moment..?
After all, they have nothing to lose..

* Edited at 09.23.2022, 12:47 PM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

09.26.2022 | 7:14 AM ET

Massive protests in Dagestan are going to start in 45 minutes from now. 

* Edited at 09.26.2022, 7:14 AM ET *

"****."

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.26.2022 | 7:57 AM ET

war crime in all its glory

"Time is the enemy. "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

09.26.2022 | 8:17 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

09.26.2022 | 8:18 AM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

09.26.2022 | 8:18 AM ET

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.26.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

Dagestan is actually one big gym

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.27.2022 | 1:23 PM ET

Huge bubbles of greenhouse gas leak from Nord Stream 1 and 2 (photo below)

He (Biden) said this (👆) right before the war. And it could. They have every advantage, Russians no gas export, Putin without money. America earns from liquefied gas I say win win situation. Where does this **** end? Soon the nuclear missiles will be flying around our ears..

"Time is the enemy. "

****les
****les

09.27.2022 | 4:06 PM ET

@goBaz yeah, the CIA very likely blew up Nord stream. It's a massive escalation in this proxy way when infrastructure starts getting targeted, and Russian retaliation is certain. No way the Russians blew it up themselves, they can just turn it off or on anyway. Doesn't make sense.

This really affects Germany badly. They are still contractually obligated to pay for Russian Gas whether they get it or not. Germany is scheduled to take a little over 40 billion cubic meters between now and 2030.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and what noncompliance looks like because I doubt they'll pay. I would not want to be in Europe right now. It's going to get bad. The destruction of nord is a disaster for millions of Europeans and puts millions of lives at risk. It was a really, really ******** play that yet again will mostly hurt neutral Euro states, and not Russia itself.

The referendums are over. The regions of Zaporozhye, Kherson, Donetsk, Luganks have all 'voted' to join Russia. Now any attacks on these regions will be regarded as an attack of Russia itself.

I've given up thinking this thing is coming to an end anytime soon. All-out war between China Iran and Russia and the US and everybody else would not shock me.

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 5:09 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 14 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

09.27.2022 | 5:21 PM ET

The chance that Russia has done this is, of course, as good as absent. It deprives them of the opportunity to put pressure on Europe. They don't have to blow anything up and can simply stop the supply. America has already tried with all its might to stop Nord Stream.

The simplest explanation is often the best

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 5:22 PM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,315
  • Post Score: 285

09.27.2022 | 5:36 PM ET

Not a big issue really. Nothing a bit of duct tape won't fix!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,785  |  79.2%
  • Forum Posts:  177
  • Post Score: 203

09.27.2022 | 6:57 PM ET

German tank tape

****les
****les

09.27.2022 | 7:14 PM ET

@Sigu enjoy your impending winter.

Page 53

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action