Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 39

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.17.2022 | 8:30 AM ET

Theres been a notable influx of both Ukrainian and Russian girls on the dating apps I use here.. Not sure about guys I dont swing that way

* Edited at 04.17.2022, 8:31 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 9:39 AM ET

I’ve never posted in here. But I want to voice that I don’t think this thread should be taken down. If you don’t want to look at this thread or give it the attention you think Baldric wants please just stop reading it. 

My opinion Baldric says things true or not but he is just saying his opinions based off of wherever he is getting it. At the end of day regardless of you are proving his point or not Chris is doing the same thing. No one ever actually argues Baldrics points. 

We have all been negative or sarcastic and offensive when discussing things on this forum. I just want us all to remember that true normal everyday people are being affected by this conflict. People who like us just want to enjoy their hobbies like on a website talking about MMA and not worrying about whatever government is ******* with their lives. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 9:40 AM ET

Also Wanderer there has probably always been performers on adult dating apps from war torn countries before the Ukrainian- Russian conflict. You probably just didn’t notice. 
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

04.17.2022 | 10:07 AM ET

@Michael, i'll disagree with the point that i do argue facts with Baldric and tend to steer away from personal attacks.

ill give a personal attack here or there but thats also in response to Baldrics personal attacks of telling everyone who disagrees is a Fox/CNN/MSN watching Stupid American. He gives out way more personal attacks then he receives. Even he will agree to that.

These are personal attacks from Baldric that are quickly responded to with counter personal attacks.

I made that point during his "Trump will win the Election" madness thread last year, that people didnt argue that facts and soley put their attack on him. So knowing that i do argue Military strategy, tactics, and basic logic and rationality with Baldric.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 10:32 AM ET

Chris just a suggest, not that I expect you heed my advice or even should take it, but my point is that on this everywhere on this forum you have to wade through the personal attacks to get to the point. So why should this thread be any different because he is personally attacking Americans. 

* Edited at 04.17.2022, 10:57 AM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 10:42 AM ET

I am not following what your saying. But I see your upset that no one is arguing @baldrics points. And we did and got called stupid American for that. But now your saying it's okay for him to give personall attacks because why should this thread be any different? Nothing about that makes any sense

* Edited at 04.17.2022, 10:43 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.17.2022 | 10:49 AM ET

@Michael315Scarn How do you mean performers? No the since the war there has been alot more

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 10:57 AM ET

Actually knew I guy when I was younger that was sending money to a girl in Ukraine, she was a model and single mother, madly in love with him. They arranged a meeting, he flew to Ukraine and waited for her in the airport and she never came. He never even knew her last name, and sent thousands over a year period. He walked around the airport for days with a picture and a first name only. He was very very gullable and stupid

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 10:58 AM ET

I remember a few times trying to convince him it's actually a fat dude in a basement cashing his checks but he wouldn't even entertain the thought. He believed so badly and got angry with anyone who disagred

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 10:59 AM ET

I guess my point is this thread shouldn’t be shut down if you disagree with the points but REALLY shouldn’t taken down if it’s bc he is personally attacking people. Personal attacks happen on most forums on this website.

By performers, I meant most are fake like Chris said. 
Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 11:02 AM ET

It's that erotic fantasy, I am gonna get some beautiful poor girl from some foreign country and she will be so grateful and cook and clean for me, and love me. People watch too much TV

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 11:03 AM ET

@Michael I can agree with that last statement. 

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 11:28 AM ET

Ahahaha Chris. This is just to satisfy my own curiosity, Can you believe that just like there is Russian propaganda there is American propaganda? Additionally would you concede that you also fall for progpanda from time to time?
Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 11:48 AM ET

There's 💯 Propaganda on both sides. You would be naive to believe otherwise. I think I am pretty good at filtering out most Propaganda to be honest. I think most people get confused with the fog of war with Propaganda because the situation is fluid and constantly changing. We didn't find out correct information from previous wars until decades later

But to your point I am sure I've been fooled before and anyone who admits otherwise is not being honest with themself. It's called humility

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 12:07 PM ET

Nice I agree with you Chris. 

If you block out the insults and wild comments, Baldric might be proven right on a few things in the long run and we shouldn’t be blind to that either.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 12:09 PM ET

In a war where thousands of people are dying, highlighting and celebrating the killing of any individual person is propaganda. 
Xconchris
Xconchris

04.17.2022 | 12:17 PM ET

i think you should go back and read this whole thread to be honest.

The points i made with him were that being right about 1 side but deliberately not covering the other side of the issue is extreme bias. Only showing Doom and Gloom, but failing to see any side of the Ukrainian victories and arguments are disingenuous

Also that being correct about the lead up to the war was not justification for the war. That he may be correct in many of the facts that preceded the conflict, but Genocide and war against innocent civilians were not a proper retaliatory action for the Russian government.

Basically no situation that Ukraine did prior to March was deserving of the genocide on the innocent population that had no control or involvement of what happened.

So no, i dont disregard his comment or facts about many things, turning a blind eye would better be described as only reporting 1 side of the situation and not the others perspective.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 1:08 PM ET

You are right there is no justification. I’m not on a side here. I just think you are doing the same thing he is but don’t realize it. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.17.2022 | 1:09 PM ET

Maybe I should just stay out of this thread hahaha my bad Chris. You seem like a cool guy. And this situation, war, just brings this combativeness out of people. So I will go back to thinking only about MMA lol

* Edited at 04.17.2022, 1:11 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

04.17.2022 | 1:38 PM ET

I'll take your advice Michael

"****."

Page 39

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida