Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 35

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

04.11.2022 | 8:13 PM ET

@Moorlady @Baldric. Here's my take on the first round of Aljo vs Yan.

If were talking effective striking Aljomain definitely takes the first. He outstruck Yan 19-13 landed some nice body kicks and an elbow. Yan spammed power shots but missed a lot and cage control is lowest on all criteria. Would you all agree with this?

"🌽⚽️"

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.11.2022 | 8:22 PM ET

TBH, @Cheesefriend, I'd need to watch it again, but I don't think I can watch the PPV twice.  My friend is new to Tap, @S_Daedalus.  Longtime MMA fan.  I'm looking at his scorecard: 10/9, 8/10, 9/10, 10/9, 10/9.  Okay, it looks like he has Yan as those first nos, which jives with my memory.  I do think Aljo was 10/8 in round 2.  I should start scoring in real time.

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 8:25 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 8:48 PM ET

@Anna I 10-8'ed the second. But I 10-9'ed the first for Yan.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

04.11.2022 | 9:00 PM ET

Im by far the best judge on the forum. Mostly due to my humble attitude. It allows me to sit back, slow things down, view unbiased and see the game more. 1 was close, could’ve gone either way, but I do remember scoring it for Yan live. I did score the second a 10-8. 

What’s funny is, I can see them never fighting again. I can see Dillashaw beating Aljo and Yan fighting TJ for the belt and Aljo ducking him, going 2-0 vs Yan I’m the books. Crazy, right!?

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 9:03 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 9:02 PM ET

@Swain I'm only willing to concede you're the best judge on the boards on the condition you send me nudes TBH
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.11.2022 | 9:03 PM ET

Not that I need vindication but pics sent. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 9:11 PM ET

Also I watched Dern vs Torres and yes that was a **** decision. Dern gets the nod for failing to hit a sub and getting upkicked in the face. OK.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.11.2022 | 9:21 PM ET

Yea. That was a legitimately poor decision. Funny some were arguing Dern won the third but the two corrupt judges gave her the first. She very clearly lost 1&3. I’d of been more so satisfied with a draw, giving Dern a 10-8 second. 

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,582
  • Post Score: 261

04.11.2022 | 9:23 PM ET

Yan just trying to win the 4th and 5th and not going for the finish was really dumb in my opinion, Getting 2 round of top control most likely won't win him the belt because if the scorecards weren't 29-28 Aljamain going into the 4th then he lost or draw , The first round was a 10-10 round, Which I personally score for Aljamain, And I seen less dominant rounds then the 2nd round been a 10-8

The thing is it doesn't matter what I score it, Or how Taplogy score it, Only thing that matter is how the judges score it, And I was kinda confident the judges didn't had in 29-28 Aljamain going in the 4th, They either had it 30-27, 30-26 or 29-27 making it a win or draw for Sterling

I also personally score it 48-47 Sterling, 

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 9:28 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,582
  • Post Score: 261

04.11.2022 | 9:30 PM ET

The decision that piss me off was Madson getting a 30-27, It should of been a 29-28 for Madsen, I though Pichael clearly won the 2nd, And Madson clearly won the 1st and 3rd, It round robbery that piss me off. Also it isn't a robbery, if they're no round robbery because fights are judges on a round for round basis

Also Tecia most likely should of won, I think the judges was tricked by one or 2 of Dern really hard right hands, Dern did land the hardest stikes in the round and I think that why 2 judges score it for her, Even if I don't necessarily agree

"Quack quack quack"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.11.2022 | 9:35 PM ET

It looks that way cause she throws telegraph like a throwing a baseball but they don’t land as hard as they thrown or look cause they’re so telegraphed. 

I honestly think it is a bias for a fan favorite. Don’t give af who agrees or not I believe if you don’t believe in corruption that you blind. It should’ve been very clear Torres won 1 & 3

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 9:37 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.11.2022 | 10:05 PM ET

And definitely Pichel not getting round 2 is the biggest *** scoring moment. Good call. I guess I looked past it too much as the right guy kne but scoring 2 for O. Madsen is straight blasphemy. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 10:26 PM ET

Reminder that the Ukrainian regime has been killing the people of Donbass for eight years straight, and has killed over 13k civilians including hundreds of

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,207  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,210
  • Post Score: 332

04.12.2022 | 6:28 AM ET

"YouTube is not a legitimate source" Baldric

Proceeds to put YouTube videos up.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.12.2022 | 6:30 AM ET

Also reminder, since forever, Russia has been killing countless civilians not only in Russia but everywhere in the world

* Edited at 04.12.2022, 6:30 AM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.12.2022 | 5:17 PM ET

@Chris you still don't understand the difference between a primary and secondary source. The youtube clip I posted contained footage. The youtube clip you posted did not. It's just a map.

I'll show you what I mean by way of example:
1000 Ukrainian serviceman just surrendered in Mariupol. Largest single surrender of the war thus far.

https://t.me/intelslava/25047

Chechen forces capturing some brass hiding in a  derelict building, Mariupol.

https://t.me/intelslava/25026

Uniform of highly decorated Ukrainian soldier who fled:

https://t.me/intelslava/24992

More dead azov in Mariupol:

https://t.me/intelslava/25041?single

captured Ukranian Humvee, Mariupol.

https://t.me/intelslava/25045

Destroyed Ukrainian tanks Chernihiv:

https://t.me/intelslava/24985?single

captured Ukrainian tanks, munitions, Donbass:

https://t.me/intelslava/24972

More azov been liquidated, Mariupol. Hiding in a basement.

https://t.me/intelslava/25048?single

'Ukraine is winning'.

Uh-huh.

* Edited at 04.12.2022, 5:21 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

04.12.2022 | 5:33 PM ET

Welp, we knew they surrendered in Mariupol for over 30 hours.
Please dont use an arguement of Ukrainian tanks being captured for them not winning the war. There is no clear definition of winning in this war. Both sides have captured soldiers, tanks, etc. Stating these arguments is pointless. None of the sides are "winning", stop with that. Russia is literally out from majority of western goods, their economy is falling apart piece by piece, people are being brainwashed, sons and husbands are dying due to some ******* ill ideology. That's a tragedy. They thought that they are becoming a free country after soviet union fall apart, now those who still think clear leave country. On the other side you have people being killed, tortured, ****d, women are running from the country with children to the unknown. Cultural buildings are being destroyed, every single value that modern world have been working for are again being doubted.

Whoever dares to say there is a "winner" should think twice

"****."

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.12.2022 | 5:45 PM ET

Sad, You still don't understand that pointing out one specific city in Mariupol does not represent the entire conflict going on in Ukraine.

Russia wins Mariupol

Russia looses 99 percent of the other territory it controlled earlier in north and north east. While also loosing ground in the south. And about to run out of every supply imaginable

That would mean they are still loosing badly. I hope math in territory gain and lose is universal enough to understand in Australia 😂

Much like how you find 1 specific transgender individual somewhere in California and use that as example of a greater population. You don't seem to really understand how larger pictures of problems and scenarios work. Not sure that might be the same cognitive disorder that you often preach against.

So again from the top, your YouTube video much like your pro Russian website that is probably made by a Russian troll farm in a basement somewhere trys to highlight singular events and not the overall picture.

I sure hope your trolling and not falling for their simplicity

Fremen
Fremen

04.12.2022 | 5:49 PM ET

you should be aware of the fact that quantity doesnt equal quality, they want to claim southern lands to basically cut off sea trade paths etc. 

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

04.12.2022 | 5:50 PM ET

they take certain points in south - they take a big % of Ukrainian economy

"****."

Page 35

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion