Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 4

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 4:10 PM ET

Yeah, like I said, both guys moved to Canada years ago. There is a promotion there called Eye of the Tiger. They have several top Russians, Kazaks. A good place to catch some future contenders 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 5:44 PM ET

Joshua vs Usyk full fight replay

In case anyone missed the fight. Sky Sports boxing just uploaded it to their YouTube

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.28.2021 | 7:29 PM ET

geo blocked on this side of the world 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 7:48 PM ET

Ah, sorry about that! 

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.28.2021 | 7:58 PM ET

Not your fault lol nothings free over here unless your homeless.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

09.28.2021 | 10:23 PM ET

What do you guys think of this take from True Gordie?

* Edited at 09.28.2021, 10:24 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 10:57 PM ET

Please Cheeseball, do NOT look for serious boxing takes from ****** True Geordie!!!!!!! Haha!

Sorry bud, but seriously Cmon man! 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.28.2021 | 11:20 PM ET

Lol sorry we need more boxing youtubers. Didn't say I agree with him.

"🌽⚽️"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 7:48 AM ET

Decent Boxing YouTube Channels

Haha, no worries Cheeseball, I'll give you a list of some good channels

I love Office Hancho, I think he's a photographer at big events? But he's consistently produced quality videos. From historical breakdowns, ranks, and a real focus on the lighter weights and Japanese boxing, which I personally love. He really knows what's going on in the world of boxing 

https://youtube.com/user/OfficeHanchoBoxing

Rummy is a real boxing historian. He also talks about modern boxing, gives breakdowns, predictions and recaps. But his best work is the history of boxing, I have found out so much about guys from the 30s,40s, and many other decades! He's really good at breaking down all time lists for fighters and fights( he has a top 50 fights of all time that I'll probably post) 

https://youtube.com/c/RummysCorner

Boxing Legends produces high quality short films focusing on interesting stories /fighters. Some of the best I can think of are Edwin Valero an Ecuadorian destroyer who IMO would have beaten Pacquiao, and all the top 130 to 140lbs eventually. If he wasn't a psycho who murdered his family! (or did the government murder him? Interesting. Also there's a vid on 90s "Great White Hope" Tommy Morrison, a top Heavyweight who ended up highs of starring in Hollywood movies and lows of dying with AIDS! That's just 2 of many 

https://youtube.com/c/BoxingLegendsTV

I like these guys Boxing Social. They do a good weekly podcast, also interviews. They seem to be very unbais and not afraid to ask promoters tough questions. I've seen Eddie Hearn squirm a few times! Not like IFL (sponsored by Matchroom!) all about ***** and views!! 
So yeah, check out Boxing Social 

https://youtube.com/c/BoxingSocial

These guys, Rythmn boxing have just started putting out a lot of good content. About boxing Super talents thro the years that maybe don't get talked about enough nowadays. Julian Jackson (most dangerous puncher ever IMO), Aaron Pryor(possibly the best 140lbs ever, although he done some shady **** too!) Salvador Sanchez (top 5 greatest Mexican boxer ever who tragic dies at 23!) I'm really enjoying their content lately 

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7-b9l1H44Hj4bMr--O-s1g

Finally, The Fight Disciples. You may recognise them as the guys who work for BT Sport for the UFC. They started in boxing tho. They have their own channel in which they talk MMA and Boxing (2 separate podcasts). I think they are funny AF and they know their **** and they also don't hold back in giving people ****. Some legendary rants about PEDS, too many belts, corrupt judges and more!  Definitely check these guys out 

https://youtube.com/c/FightDisciples

I could go on!!! But I'll leave it there, just please don't look for Boxing opinions, actually any opinions from True fookin Geordie!!! Haha 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

09.29.2021 | 10:05 AM ET

@Mikey1903

I fully agree about Rummy's Corner, I've been watching his stuff for the last year or so and I've learnt so much about boxing from him! He can be hilarious in his own straight talking way at times and isn't afraid to take controversial takes but often with sound reasoning behind them (in the comment's section of his videos it's become a running joke to pick against his predictions and he acknowledges this in his videos as well) but despite his picks, there no debating that he knows his stuff!

Motivemedia do a lot of great boxing videos as well, particularly fighter profiles.

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 10:06 AM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,409  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

09.29.2021 | 10:59 AM ET

@Stephen Terry

You should also check out Michael Montero's youtube channel.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.29.2021 | 11:30 AM ET

I'm more saying we need more boxing commentary/analyst content (kinda like the weasle)

Some good channels I've found that kind of fit this description are Viddal, The Wade Concept, and Roundhouse radio. Also I found this really good channel called Hidden Gem. A lot of of these channels lean into the YT boxing angle a little too much for my liking but so do ESPN and every other major news source who likes money nowadays.

"🌽⚽️"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 1:14 PM ET

No YouTube boxing here!!!!

OK Cheeseball I got you 

Here https://youtube.com/c/LeeWylie1

https://youtube.com/c/TheModernMartialArtist

https://youtube.com/c/ComplexBoxing

Some real good analytical, technical break downs from these guys bud. Fights new and old. Real proper nerdy **** here mate!!! Haha
If you want technical breakdowns you won't find much better on YouTube from these guys 

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 1:15 PM ET *

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.29.2021 | 1:39 PM ET

You guys have already named all of my favorites; ModernMartialArtist, Hidden Gem, and Rummy. I would recommend checking out 

Joseph Vincent. They've done some of the best Boxing and MMA documentaries I've seen. 
https://www.youtube.com/c/vinniemack84/featured

ShortBoxing. Discusses a plethora of boxing techniques. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGqxnOTbdaMEIgXcMIRIiw/featured

Big Fish Boxing. New channel that's doing Boxing documentaries. The Usyk one was especially good. 
https://www.youtube.com/c/BigFishBoxing/featured

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 1:40 PM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

09.29.2021 | 2:06 PM ET

Yeah Rummys Corner is good, used to watch weasel..for mma breakdowns he is more biased than DC.
Pretty bad watching a slomo obvious miss and this guy is raging a murder boner saying it was a power shot.
I like Mike Bisping tbh he is biased and admits it but still tells all detes and give weird personal comparison.
Off topic but Gabe Vargas has a channel and does blow by blow being arguably one of the best living kickboxers at fw thats where I go for Kickboxing. 

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.29.2021 | 3:29 PM ET

@Joshjeffords

Yeah I'm subbed to him aswell. Also about the weasel, I agree he's wayyyyy to biased towards European fighters. For example, just a couple months ago he was talking up some random Eastern European fighter (can't remember his name) in the prelims saying he would beat Kumaru even though the guy hasn't beaten anyone solid yet (not saying that fighter is trash its just too early to tell). He also reports on rumors wayyy to fast.

Sorry for the long mma rant in the boxing thread lol.

"🌽⚽️"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.29.2021 | 3:30 PM ET

To clarify I still enjoy the weasel's content.

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.29.2021 | 4:08 PM ET

@Mikey I kind of don't think those breakdown channels are better or worse than Jeordies in many ways.They're correct at a decent clip, but so is the weatherman if you catch my meaning. It's easy to be a genius after the fact. Even I could do a breakdown of what happened after any fight had transpired. But knowledge doesn't equal cause. History is under no obligation to repeat itself.

Case in point, I thought Joshua would be a much harder fight for Usyk than Chisora. All previous evidence, and the opinions of experts, pointed to that being the case. And he wasn't. Confirmation bias is real.

I don't think Boxing in general is as complicated as some pundits tend to make out. It's the sport of punchface. I love it. It was my first love and always will be, and I will probably always watch it. I was watching Boxing a long time before MMA even entered my radar. But it's nowhere near as complicated as MMA just as a consequence of the sheer amount of extra variables there is in MMA to think about, and people definitely have a tendency to overthink it. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

09.29.2021 | 4:20 PM ET

Cool Cheesy ok way off topic but he does boxing too anybody watch Jesse at Mexican MMA he is ******* unbelievably funny.
Ya know when the biased and nerdy peeps are boing you give him a listen I'll buy you a drink if you don't laugh.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.29.2021 | 4:41 PM ET

Maybe I'm misremembering but I honestly didn't think Chisora was a hard fight for Usyk. When I scored it in real time I thought it was a conformable 117-111, maybe even 118-110 if you give Usyk the 3rd & 4th which were the most contentious rounds. Nothing from Chisora was ever really landing clean, Usyk never looked in danger and seemed content with leading him all around the ring, and every round after the 4th was all Usyk. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'