Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 3

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

09.27.2021 | 5:04 PM ET

Isn't Teofermo Lopez fighting this weekend for Thriller? I want to watch Lopez, But hate watching all the concert. I think Lopez last fight was where he just outwork Vasli Lomachenko. He made Loma stare  as I doubt Loma will plan to loss a fight with no output. And Honesly I want to see him fight again. I hope he's fighting a decent guy and no a guy he just staches in a round as Boxing like to give fighter easy win for every second fight.

Also I really like to see a rematch between Lopez and Loma. I think the fight is real winnable for Loma. As I think Loma has the skils to beat him. But Lopez still beat him. So I have to favour him

Also anything else for boxing this weekend

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 5:34 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,508  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,551
  • Post Score: 236

09.27.2021 | 5:11 PM ET

Can't believe Tyron took that bait, the guy has no idea how to deal with internet trolls

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.27.2021 | 5:20 PM ET

That rematch isn't happening, Woodley just doesn't know how to deal with trolls

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.27.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

whoops didn't mean to post that twice. Guess I really meant it haha

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 5:33 PM ET

Duck, Teofimo was meant to be boxing on Monday(yes Monday because Triller is all in on dumb ideas!!)
But the fight has been rescheduled again, I think the 5th time now. New date is the 16th October. Hopefully it actually happens now. But I'll believe it when I see the weigh ins.

Teofimo is definitely 1 of the best, if not the best, boxer under 25 at the moment. He faces a mandatory George Kambosos, a fellow Aussie!! Kambosos is actually quite good, he's aggressive AF, great cardio, not a big puncher but outworks opponents.
I actually think it's a good fight, still think Teofimo wins, probably by KO. But the fight should be entertaining, as long as Kambosos doesn't **** it!!!

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.27.2021 | 5:40 PM ET

Lopez is an incredible young Boxer but I question his top 3 placement on so many P4P lists. I doubt he'd be there without that win over Loma. Would I pick him over Loma in a rematch? Maybe. Would I do so confidently? No. High-tech had a loooong layoff before that bout, underestimated his opponent, and although the result was a clear Lopez win it wasn't a blowout either. If Loma does beat him in the future do they just...what, change places on the p4p tier again?
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 5:40 PM ET

This weekend boxing isn't great. Well there is no real big fights. There's a DAZN card from Italy on Friday which is MEH! Saturday Chris Eubank Jr boxes some guy!!! He just got a new opponent today because his original only slightly better opponent caught COVID.
The 1 fight I'm most into is on that Eubank card, David Avenasyan the European Welterweight Champion, a Russian based in England who is a Monster!!!  Eddie Hearn done everything in his power to keep Connor Benn away from this Russian KO Machine, probably a wise move.
But yeah, no big boxing this weekend bud.  But the weekend after it doesn't get much bigger. Fury vs Wilder. Trilogy, Heavyweight Championship and a huge grudge match!!! 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 5:42 PM ET

Who's got Teofimo top 3 P4P??? Anyone who doesn't have my top 5 is a dumbass!!! Haha.
I actually give Lomachenko a big chance if they ever rematch but I don't think it happens. Teofimo is moving up in weight ASAP, probably after Kambosos. Give me Teofimo vs Josh Taylor end of next year, that is the fight! 

Andyman
Andyman
  • Predictions:  3,343  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 182

09.27.2021 | 6:04 PM ET

Man what a fight!loved every minute of it and yes at least we didnt get robbed i was also on usyk winning this fight.Now the only thing for Usyk to do is defend the belts a couple of times and of cousre Unify all the belts that would be great! For sure hes pound 4 pound number two behind Canelo. Canelo looking even smaller againts hes opponants is still most impressive to me..Bcuz Usuk is still only 3 inchs shorter then AJ

my top 5 pound 4 pound Canelo
                                        Usyk
                                         Inoue
                                         Crawford
                                         Lomachenko
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.27.2021 | 9:40 PM ET

@Mikey I haven't seen all of Avensyan's bouts but I did see the Kelly fight. I thought Kelly would do enough early/mid and take it on points (and if you'd have believed the commentary you'd think he was doing just that) and then Avenasyan went out there, ripped his ear off and just absolutely rocked his ****. Very very dangerous fighter. Not flashy but he has great fundamentals, a genuine nasty streak, throws basically everything with bad intentions, is never off the front foot and is an absolute cardio monster. A terminator.

I'll try and watch his next one.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

09.28.2021 | 12:50 PM ET

Michael Bisping doing a quick breakdown of Joshua VS Usyk

Besides accidentally saying the rematch should be at home in Russia instead of Ukraine for Usyk next time, it's a decent little video. As for the bell being rung early, I'm more inclined to think that it was a mistake rather than anything malicious as if there was some kind of conspiracy then they may as well have just robbed Usyk as well which was what I was fearing was going to happen. If Usyk had been robbed then I'd definitely have been screaming corruption.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

09.28.2021 | 1:41 PM ET

I was joking with my friend that they would rob Usyk, I hadn't seen a boxing fight in a while but that was thoroughly enjoyable, especially with the 70 thousand people in the crowd. The right decision.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.28.2021 | 1:54 PM ET

problem is it gives you hope for the future. all to be let down in a year or so with the promotions and boxin politics 
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.28.2021 | 2:22 PM ET

I really hope we get another WBSS soon but with some new weight classes. A lot of good that's come out of recent boxing has all been thanks to the WBSS; Usyk, Taylor, and Inoue. If any of you guys haven't watched any of their runs through the tournament bracket I highly recommend, especially Inoue vs Donaire finale. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 2:59 PM ET

Decent point for a Casual! Haha
Yeah, I completely agree that those WBSS tournaments were excellent. Like you said Usyk, Taylor and Inoue made big statements winning those. That's 3 of the top 5 P4P!

I heard a rumour that the WBSS was coming back with a Women's tournament, at 130lbs I think.  That could be good as there is talent around that weight. Terri Harper, Mikaela Mayer, Maiva Hama******, Hyun Mi Choi all Champs at 130lbs plus Katie Taylor, Amanda Serrano can easily fight at the weight. Plus girls like Natasha Jonas, Delphine Persoon.  That would actually be an amazing tournament!!! Would really help bring attention to women's boxing.

I doubt that tournament will actually take place with those fighters, but I did definitely hear about the WBSS doing a female tournament 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 3:01 PM ET

By the way, the other weight class I seen rumours about was Heavyweight!!!!
Only without the Champions, so no Fury, Wilder, Usyk or Joshua. Guys like Hrgovic, Joyce, Dubois, Ortiz, Whyte etc. Could still be a BANGER of a tournament 

Casual008
Casual008

09.28.2021 | 3:20 PM ET

Heavyweight with no champions would actually be pretty exciting, introduce the fans to some fresh faces and potential match making outside AJ-Fury-Wiler-Usyk dynamic. There's a undefeated Dagastani prospect in Heavyweight too, trains with Beterbiev I believe, and Gassiev is active again since his move up a couple years ago. All the guys you listed would be great in a tournament setting. 

Welterweight currently has a different champion per sanctioning bodies, I would love to see all of them put into a tournament setting with every title on the line like Usyk's run through the WBSS. 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 3:31 PM ET

Boxing KO's from around the world!

Here's a good YouTube channel to follow for people who pick all the smaller regional boxing on Tapology. Most of the events aren't broadcast or available anywhere.  So it's hard to know what's going on. This channel Knockout Zone, does an excellent job finding footage from all around the world, shows big and small.  Showing all the best KO's. They usually have a monthly video with 20 or so KO's plus highlights from around the world.  I've spotted some gems on this channel and have gathered some info that has helped me with my picks. Plus if you love Knockouts, who doesn't ??? I highly recommend that you check them

* Edited at 09.28.2021, 3:32 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.28.2021 | 3:35 PM ET

Who's the undefeated Dagestani??? Are you taking about Arslanbek Makhmudov??? He's based in Canada, but that is where Beterbiev made his name with Eye of the Tiger Promotions.
Gassiev has had a couple of blowout wins. He actually just signed with a new promoter yesterday, Patriot Promotions. Hopefully they'll help get him some big fights as he's been too inactive. Definitely could do something at Heavyweight tho I think 

Casual008
Casual008

09.28.2021 | 3:47 PM ET

Yeah I'm thinking of Arslanbek, thought he was Dagastani but he's actually from Mozdok, I heard of him by searching up stuff for Beterbiev. They seem close. 

* Edited at 09.28.2021, 3:47 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55