Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 5

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.29.2021 | 4:53 PM ET

Chisora was able to land a lot more to the body, had Usyk on the back foot for a big portion of that fight, and was even able to cut him off and corner him. Joshua didn't do nearly so much, and few would doubt Joshua was in far worse shape by the time the bell rung than Chisora was. Chisora didn't take as much damage. However I think that might just be down to him being a very durable fighter, which I have long suspected Joshua of not being.  Certainly he's not as hardy as Derek, anyway. I think the first ( and arguably the second) White fight proved that. I have no doubt that Joshua would have gone to Disneyland if he'd eaten half the shots Whyte landed in that first match. It was a great big fat guy slobberknocker for the ages!
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,874  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

09.29.2021 | 5:05 PM ET

@Gobaz told me a-bout Efe Ajagba,
he is truly that good ...!? 

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

09.29.2021 | 5:17 PM ET

Ouch made an inertial ballerina out of him, power and precision!  

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

09.29.2021 | 6:15 PM ET

Damn, he ragdolled him. I don't even think I've ever even seen Ngannou flatten someone that bad.

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 6:16 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 6:26 PM ET

Ajagba is powerful, as you can see! But he's pretty stiff, mainly throws 1, 2s. Doesn't move his head at all! But he's improving and definitely has potential. 
He actually fights next weekend on the Fury Wilder undercard, I think it might be co main event?

He's got a test and I'm really interested in the fight. He faces a 18-0 Cuban who's part of team Canelo Frank Sanchez.
2 undefeated Heavyweight prospects. Winner moves into contender status! 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 6:33 PM ET

I agree with you Casual. Way too much was made of Usyk "struggling" with Chisora!!
Yeah Chisora came out like a bull and did put some weight and roughed Usyk up a little in the 1st couple rounds, then he gassed hard and Usyk just picked him apart without getting out of 1st or 2nd gear. I'm more and more convinced that Usyk was slightly playing Possum to make Joshua's team believe he didn't have much at Heavyweight. If he was it definitely worked because all I heard in the build up was "Usyk too small, not strong enough" "Look what Chisora did to him, Joshua will smash him!". 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.29.2021 | 7:13 PM ET

@Mikey that's kind of tin foil hat stuff though. It might be true, but it probably isn't. I'll concede that  the skill difference between Chisora and Usyk is enormous but I'm not sure it's so astronomical he could just ******** in there against a decent HW who is just relentlessly pressing forward slinging bombs. Chisora landed 139 shots in that fight, 78 of them to the body. Usyk obviously had his way with him, but that's not nothing and I don't think Usyk planned on getting that wet. If he'd had lost he'd never have gotten Joshua, so I'd need some pretty solid evidence that he deliberately ****** around in there to try and bait Joshua into a fight.

I dunno, we'll never know. If he did do that then Joshua will probably never beat him and it's very possible nobody else will either. As it stands I think Fury is the only hard fight or him in the division. If he does get through Fury at some point I think we need to start ranking him top 10 all time p4p.

Anyway, I don't think Joshua will ever outbox Usyk and every time I've seen him fight throwing heavy be burns out real fast. I don't like his chances in the rematch. Not sure what he can do.

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 7:18 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 8:07 PM ET

Yeah, I am not saying that it's a fact or anything!! Haha

But you have to agree that the most common breakdown going into the fight was Usyk to small, not powerful enough and that he looked bad in his 2 Heavyweight fights. The Chisora fight was constantly brought up like the key had been found to beat Usyk.
I honestly thought Usyk had no issues with Chisora outside of Rd 2, maybe I'm not seeing something?

Whatever, Usyk is going to be a problem at Heavyweight.  I'd like to see Dillan Whyte finally get a shot at a World Title too. Plus I want to see Hrgovic, Yoka, Joyce all get into real Title contention. It's ****** wishful thinking unfortunately but I wish all the top 6 or 8 would just ****** fight!!! I don't really give a **** about belts (tho it's good to know who's no. 1) I don't care about loses, I want to see great fights. That's what I, and the huge majority of fans want

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.29.2021 | 8:20 PM ET

I'm the same these days, don't really care about belts. Their meaning has been so diluted via various types of ******** it's getting to the point that they aren't even relevant. I just want to see good fights and that's basically it. I feel like Whyte is sort of the defacto stand-in for any challenger who has to pull for some reason so he'll probably get there one way or another. 

Dunno what I think of Joyce yet, he looks good  but the dudes he's beaten either look like middleweights or they've been coaxed out from sleeping under a bridge somewhere with a six pack of carlsberg. Who was that Russian guy he beat? Looked like a 46 year old lawnmower repairman. 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.29.2021 | 8:25 PM ET

Yeah Joyce is a strange 1. He's slow AF!!! Gets hit way too easily and often!! But he throws combinations and has great cardio unlike most Heavyweights and he has a chin of Granite!!!
Also the Daniel Dubois win was decent!
I may be bias because I bet him by KO at over 10 to 1!!!! Cha ching!!! But I think Joyce could cause issues for them all. Until his chin eventually cracks, it will they all do! 

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 8:25 PM ET *

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,874  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

09.30.2021 | 1:26 AM ET

@Mikey1903 

Thanks man, you are right ! 
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/81009-fury-vs-wilder-3

Probably is gonna be a BARN BURNER L☻L !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.30.2021 | 10:47 AM ET

Tyson Fury vs Otto Wallin

Here is a good fight to watch to give you a little information on 2 guys who have fights coming up. Obviously Tyson has the Wilder trilogy next weekend, less to find out about him really. Apart from seeing that he is not invincible or untouchable!
More so watch this for Otto Wallin. He has a big fight October 30th vs Dillian Whyte in London.  I imagine most people will be confidently picking Whyte to win by KO.  Maybe he does, but don't be so sure and don't write of Wallin, a big, rangy, awkward SouthPaw. He could easily upset Whyte here. In fact I think I am going to continue my successful strategy of fading UK favourites vs World class opponents! Just this here I had Avanesyan vs Kelly, Ponce vs Ritson, Sandoval vs Harris and of course Usyk over Joshua.
UK promoters, media and fans have a bad habit of overrating our guys and underestimating opposition. It's true, and it's help fund me with beer tokens!!!!

Anyway, here's the fight. Wallin had Fury in trouble and honestly Fury is lucky the fight wasn't stopped!!!

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

09.30.2021 | 2:15 PM ET

Wow what a war nasty rough savagery no spoilers here but wow thanks for the post.
I saw schwartz think I missed this or maybe just saw highlights tyson and wallin put on a show.

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.30.2021 | 2:16 PM ET

Watched that live on ESPN. Fury was supposed to have a tune up that night and instead got his eyebrow tuned up. That was a nasty cut and early on in the fight. To his credit he was able to defend that cut from being touched too many more times the rest of the way. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

09.30.2021 | 2:40 PM ET

TBH wallin openly raked and headbutted it pretty amazing it did not get worse or him get dqd.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 4:04 PM ET

@Mikey yeah, Fury was crazy lucky not to have gotten a TKO against him there, that cut was bad. Very rare to get a gash like that from a punch. But for me that's kind of the only reason Otto looked good at all. He got leathered pretty bad.There's no way I'm picking a guy who gets hit as much as he does and gets sparkled by Fury against Whyte. Whyte by KO/TKO between 4-8 IMO.

* Edited at 09.30.2021, 4:08 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.30.2021 | 6:34 PM ET

September Best Boxing KO's

These guys do a good job of finding footage from events all around the world, and finding the KO's!!!! 
I like them because they don't just concentrate on the big fights. For example, this month there are Knockouts from Australia, England, Italy, Japan, Tanzania, Germany. Russia, Ukraine Northern Ireland and the USA.

ENJOY!!!!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

09.30.2021 | 9:07 PM ET

@Mikey1903

Completely random question and by all means feel free to call me a ******* weirdo for asking you about random German boxers at 2am but I was doing some research into the recent history of the European boxing scene and came across Jürgen Brähmer. Looking into him I found out that he was a two time Light Heavyweight world champion but I've never heard of him until now. His record is very impressive and he only retired a few years ago so it's not exactly a "before my time" kind of knowledge gap. I guess my question is why haven't I (as someone who likes to think of myself as slightly more than a casual boxing fan) heard of him given his success? Was he an underrated boxer or was he actually not as spectacular as his record suggests? I guess I'm just asking for a bit of context about his career.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 9:35 PM ET

@Stephen I'll throw in my two cents: Yes, Braehmer was a solid Boxer but he beat a whole bunch of Eurotrash and fought in a weak division. He was also too small to fight in cruiserweight so he couldn't have moved up and fought bigger draws there. His loss to cleverly  was very very weird.....He claimed to have dislocated his elbow but from what I remember at the time I thought it might have been ********, and he might have tossed the fight. That could just be a completely baseless conspiracy theory. I'll be interested to read what Mikey says about it and whether he agrees with me or not.

Anyway, he never fought anyone with big star power and IIRC he was taken out of commission because of a jail sentence, I think he beat the **** out of someone in public or something. Haven't even thought about him for about 5-7 years TBH and if you hadn't brought him up I probably never would have again.

* Edited at 09.30.2021, 9:37 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

09.30.2021 | 9:43 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

Thanks for providing a bit of context, it just seemed weird to me that I hadn't heard of him before. I'll definitely look into him a bit more when it's not the middle of the night as he seems like an interesting character.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242