Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,745  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,106
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 7

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,535
  • Post Score: 262

10.03.2021 | 7:15 PM ET

What is people pick for the Wilder vs Fury fight? I think I got Fury by late finish, But Fury is just bigger and a way better boxing . I think  Wilder does better, But as a betting man, I might sprinkle a bit on Wilder, or Wilder by KO, Just hoping as dude hit really hard

* Edited at 10.03.2021, 7:16 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.03.2021 | 7:27 PM ET

@Duck personally I think Wilder has to switch up a whole lot to beat Fury and I strongly doubt his ability to do it. It's kind of a puncher's chance thing. I think to get any value on Wilder betting wise, you'd have to pick the under/over on Wilder by KO/TKO and probably none of the lines will be spicy if they are under 7 rounds, but I haven't checked the props.

* Edited at 10.03.2021, 7:29 PM ET *

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,789  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 168

10.04.2021 | 9:15 AM ET

I think Fury wins again.
Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,832  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

10.04.2021 | 10:19 AM ET

@Mikey

Been gone for a week and come back to find this thread, thanks Mikey!  That Joshua/Usyk fight was crazy, I never thought Usyk would win the D, even though he clearly dominated that fight.  I had Usyk K11, I think, or K12.  He shut everybody up but good.  I'm leaning Fury on this next one, but there's a whole card under it, and am gonna spend my time looking at that, and going back to read this thread from the beginning.

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.05.2021 | 1:13 AM ET

Tyson vs Fury Betting: Spoiler, the lines are shyte.

So I haven't been able to find any particularly appealing props or straights for this fight. However, the least bad of the bunch are I believe as follows:

Fury by Dec @+ 350. It's happened once before ( well it hasn't but you know what I mean, Fury got robbed in the first fight) and if Wilder doesn't get his eardrum bust early this time around yeah, I could see it going to dec. Let's not forget Fury wasn't able to force a towel-throw until the 7th round in the second fight. Implied probability is about 26.Something percent, I think that's a bit stingy.

Wilder by dec @  +1400. Obviously this is far more improbable, but the implied probability here is 6.7% which is enormously disrespectful, especially since I believe there's a much bigger change this match lasts longer than the second. If Fury ****s up a couple of times and gets dropped, beats the count, you're looking at an interesting decision that the judges will struggle to smooth over. It's a longshot, but it's probably worth throwing a fiver or a tenner at.

Wilder by KO/TKO/DQ.  +333. I mean, it's Deontay Wilder. He can end anyone with one right hand. I think this is probably the best value bet of the mix. Bookies have some serious sack on them floating that line out IMO. But the **** do I know, they do it for a living and I'm some ********* ****posting on the internet. Does feel a bit like cheese on the pressure plate TBH. If anything should tell you how hard the bookies think Fury is going to win, it's this line.

Nothing really spicy in the under/over unless you want to throw big money around. Over 5.5 rounds is trading at -222, under 5.5 is trading at + 185. 

So yeah. Maybe wait for something better because it's hard to see how the lines won't get better as opposed to worse. Could be worth your time to buy Wilder by dec and either hold on to it or scalp it live during the fight if your broker lets you do that, and if the fight is close and makes it past the 8th. I doubt that lines doesn't tighten up with the usual promotional hooplah that follows over the next week.

* Edited at 10.05.2021, 1:26 AM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.05.2021 | 11:23 AM ET

Couple of little things about what happened to Wilder in the 2nd Fury fight.
He did not burst his ear drum. He actually suffered a cut inside his ear. This bleeding from the ear made it look much worse than it actually was. Wilder received a couple stitches after the fight and he was good to go.
The big injury he was dealing with in that fight was a torn right bicep. This may answer any questions about why Wilders usually devastating right hand didn't seem so potent, fast or thrown much. 
He had a surgery not long after the fight and seems to be fully healed, though we won't know until the actual fight starts!

Not saying this to make any excuses for Wilder, he was thoroughly beaten by the better man on the night. Even a fully healthy Wilder would likely have been beaten just as convincingly.
Just I see these things online all the time, especially about the ear. So thought I'd try to clarify is all

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,401  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,543
  • Post Score: 237

10.05.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

I love that Wilder is saying Fury had loaded gloves in the last fight, he has to say anything he can to justify in his mind how he got destroyed like that.

Meanwhile Tyson just says, “I had horseshoes in there. You know I’m a gypsy don’t you? You ever watch ‘Peaky Blinders’? I loaded the gloves with horseshoes and dynamite. This time I’m going to do exactly the same. Put a bit more metal in there.”

Fury is my favorite boxer because of shenanigans like that, world class troll. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.05.2021 | 4:48 PM ET

Yeah Wilder needs to take his licks. I'm pretty sure he accused his own corner of drugging him or something too. It's all mad ****. If he drops this next one it will be interesting to hear what the excuses are this time around.
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,520  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.05.2021 | 5:54 PM ET

This video goes into detail of all the excuses made by Deontay

* Edited at 10.05.2021, 5:54 PM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,251  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,240
  • Post Score: 137

10.05.2021 | 6:28 PM ET

"I BROKE MY BACK..MAH BACK IS BROKEN" TYSON the other one almost piss my pants laughing everytime!!

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,305
  • Post Score: 284

10.05.2021 | 9:36 PM ET

While we're on the topic of Wilder's excuses for the last fight, let's not forget the "my ring walk costume was too heavy and wore my legs out!" excuse. Apparently, the suit weighed 40lbs so that could've been a factor but then again, he was under absolutely no obligation to wear such an elaborate costume so any side effect from it is soley on him. It'll be interesting to see if he comes out in just a traditional boxing robe this time. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,401  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,543
  • Post Score: 237

10.06.2021 | 1:09 PM ET

I don't see why you wouldn't be carried out by models if you're main-eventing a fight this big. Missed opportunity, really.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.06.2021 | 2:26 PM ET

I feel like that costume looks more than 40lbs lol he may have undershot that excuse. BTW Stephen he already said his costume will still be crazy just significantly lighter. Same people are making it though.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/3787287/deontay-wilder-ring-outfit-tyson-fury-trilogy-fight/ 

* Edited at 10.06.2021, 2:28 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.06.2021 | 7:52 PM ET

@HiDefff

If he wants to use the same guys (which makes sense as I think deep down, even he knew that was a dumb excuse) then that's up to him but I don't want to see him blaming the costume if he gets KO'd again as he chose to wear it. Personally, I think he'll go with the classic loaded gloves excuse again, especially if he ends up with another "dent" in his skull.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.06.2021 | 7:58 PM ET

Fury Wilder Press Conference

Deontay took his headphones off for this 1!!!
They had a little back n forth at the end, Wilder handled it better than I thought tho it quickly escalated into screaming and shouting over each other. 
There was no face off for some reason??  Bit wierd, wonder who's call that was! Promoter or 1 of the Fighter

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.06.2021 | 8:19 PM ET

I don't put a whole lot of stock into body language, but Deontay doesn't come cross as in a good place mentally. Meanwhile Tyson exudes confidence and is champing at the bit.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,251  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,240
  • Post Score: 137

10.06.2021 | 8:57 PM ET

Thanks Mikey this confirms Deon suffered permanent brain damage from the knuckle dusters!:>

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.06.2021 | 9:39 PM ET

Maybe it's a bit early to start speculating but what next for Wilder supposing he loses? Back down to fighting amongst the other potential title contenders I guess. That could make for some interesting match ups, Wilder VS Whyte, Wilder VS Ruiz Jr, Wilder VS Joe Joyce ect...

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.06.2021 | 10:10 PM ET

If Wilder loses to Fury again he won't be able to get arrested in Boxing. He'll have to hope Joshua loses the rematch with Usyk and gets that fight, somehow. Otherwise, he's going to be fighting Dillain Whyte for the grand unified belt of absolutely **** all.
HiDefff
HiDefff

10.07.2021 | 8:13 AM ET

from all the Arum video's around saying **** her for saying face-off lol Bob said they all agreed to no face off then this woman comes up there and tries to ruin it. 

* Edited at 10.07.2021, 12:14 PM ET *

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Renato Moicano Enlightens Fans With Money Lessons, Agrees To Do TUF Against Paddy Pimblett
  • MMA Mania : Audio: Ref Mic Captures ‘Blessed’ Blast
  • MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano 2 announced as co-main event for Tyson vs. Paul fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Divisional Rankings: UFC 300 completely reshapes the global ranks
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling considered retirement if he lost at UFC 300: ‘I was probably done’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Haney vs Garcia preview and Ryan’s chances at the upset
  • Jits Magazine : Subversiv 10 Full Results And Review