Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 2

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 1:26 AM ET

He is a GREAT boxer!!!  Possibly Scotlands best ever, if he continues the way he has. He is our 1st ever Undisputed Champion. Don't let anyone ever tell you he's British because he is 100% Scottish. Don't let England try to claim him OK!!! Haha

Seriously tho, Josh Taylor is fantastic. His record stands out among modern day boxers. He has faced nothing but Champions for a while with a combined record of something like 120-1!!!  Oh and he's actively calling out Teofimo Lopez and Bud Crawford!!!! Bring that **** on!!! 

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,870  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

09.27.2021 | 1:55 AM ET

I don't know much either ways, 
but i would like to follow along ! 
Rock N Roll Baby, L☻L !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

sobuvalka
sobuvalka
  • Predictions:  384  |  85.7%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 238

09.27.2021 | 3:44 AM ET

@Mikey1903
I saw your p4p list and you mentioned Beterbiev, i think he is the only one who have actually good chances with Canelo and if the fight happen i will root for him to win but does that fight have a chance to happen because of the boxing politics i don't think so.What do you think?

"If you want to be strong learn how to fight alone"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.27.2021 | 4:11 AM ET

Always have time to listen to Peter Fury. Only Fury who isn't a ******.

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 4:24 AM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 11:51 AM ET

@sobuvalka thanks for asking.
Yes, IMO and many others involved boxing, Artur Beterbiev is the man who is most favoured to beat Canelo.
Beterbiev is an absolute MONSTER!!! I would have him higher up in my P4P (5 or 6) if not for inactivity. He had a career best win vs Gvodzyk in 2019 and has had 1 fight vs a poor mandatory opponent since. Not his fault, COVID ruined several fights, but still in his time off many boxers have done amazing things. Canelo himself has moved up from 160lbs almost unified the 168lbs in 3 fights!!

Canelo vs Beterbiev only happens if Canelo wants it.  He is 1 of the few fighters who sets his own terms. He is Boxings only free agent, since splitting with Golden Boy, he is moving from 168lbs Champion to the next regardless of promotion /broadcast. Moving from DAZN to PBC shows that Canelo has the power to move and fight whoever and wherever he wants.
This makes me confident that the Beterbiev fight can happen, despite Beterbiev being signed to Top Rank and ESPN. 
If Canelo beats Plant and unifies, which I feel he will. He has many options but IMO there's 3 big legacy fights. There's David Benavidez, the best at 168lbs who only lost his WBC title due to weight miss and a Cocaine failure(only guy 2 lose the WBC title 2x without losing a fight!). There is the GGG trilogy, despite the results most people know GGG won the 1st and the 2nd was razor close, so Canelo may want to shut all that talk down and make a statement. Then there's the 175lbs option. 2 guys there, Dmitry Bivol, tgta fight almost happened instead of Plant in November, and of course Beterbiev. 
Canelo has talked openly about them all but I think that if he unifies he's gonna want to take the challenge of 175lbs and face the man who people think beats him Beterbiev!. He may have a fight at 175lbs 1st against a top 10 guy, more likely a beatable Champion like Joe Smith Jr because Canelo only fights for belts! 
Sorry I have rambled on a lot here!!! To answer your question about politics getting in the way of Canelo Beterbiev. I don't think thats what stops the fight happening, like I said Canelo has the power and huge dollars to fight anywhere. So the only thing that decides if that fight happens is if Canelo wants it. If he does, like he and coach Reynoso have said, then yes that fight happens 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 11:56 AM ET

Yeah Peter Fury is a straight talker and a respected man in and out of boxing. He fell out with Tyson and Big John several years ago but not much is known as to why?  Peter Fury is definitely an interesting character if you know his background. He was, legitimately, Manchester Crime lord!!! A serious guy, look into it. 👀
If you like Peter or are interested then watch this interview, it is pretty

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.27.2021 | 12:01 PM ET

My boy Jared Anderson gonna **** em all up in due time. 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 12:06 PM ET

Haha! Possibly bud, possibly.
I'd say Jared is definitely the USA next best hope at having a future Heavyweight Champion. Still only 21 tho so ways to go. 
Especially with monsters like Hrgovic, Yoka, Jalolov, Joyce, Dychko not even in the top 10 yet!! 

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.27.2021 | 12:08 PM ET

Yea I know he's still just a prospect. He grew up 40 mins from me. I'm a fan by default now. 

Thoughts on Berlanga being a champion or is he just big power and not much else? 

I dont mean not much else clearly he has talent. Talent to be a champ I guess is the question? 

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 12:12 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 12:20 PM ET

No problem with that bud. Any Scottish fighter I'm their no. 1 fan!

About Berlanga I'm still not sure. I mean it looks great knocking everyone out inside 1 round but what happens when someone doesn't go away? His last fight finally went the distance vs Nicholson but he's not exactly a test.
As long as he is given some tough fights against guys who won't fold and he isn't rushed too fast then he could be something. 
I have a feeling that the Hype and little buzz he has about him is going to get him rushed into a beating tho!!
Like I said I'm still not sure what to think. I don't ever make my mind up about a young fighter until I see them tested, he hasn't been tested yet. 
I just hope he has a couple of tests before he gets flung in against someone like David Benavidez. Who would do bad things to him!!! 

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.27.2021 | 12:23 PM ET

I will agree the last fight was a disappointment result wise, but hey everyone has an off night at the office now and then. Looking forward to his next fight. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.27.2021 | 12:23 PM ET

since we're talking boxing. Tyron got the "I Love Jake Paul" Tatt on his finger
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.27.2021 | 12:38 PM ET

Mikey, what do you think of Tank Davis wanting the Taylor fight and thinking he can beat him? 

@HiDefff
I guess that's the best way to mitigate how pathetic it looks, but it's still really sad a former Champ like Woodley is debasing himself like this to chase a payday. 

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 12:40 PM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.27.2021 | 12:57 PM ET

I will say that getting the tatt where he did, if its not touched up it will most likely fade to the point of disappearing in 5 years or so.

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 12:59 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 1:09 PM ET

Sad!!!!

Tyron really went and got the ****** tattoo!!!!????

Does he really think he's getting a rematch??? Man has been trolled hard!!!!  Damn man, how can you get his name tattooed on your self??? 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.27.2021 | 1:10 PM ET

Josh Taylor beats Tanks ass!!!!

As a proud Scotsman I am not at all bias!!! Ha

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,257
  • Post Score: 136

09.27.2021 | 1:43 PM ET

Sweet love it I need to do some research before doing a p4p or even top ten.
As for heavies I see Usyk being top ten he may beat the other champs and best contenders but nobody knows.
Fury and Wilder very close and AJ behind them, in fact if he looks fit and not having another breakdown I think wilder may win the rubber.
My only gripe was all the excuses when you can't finish a guy even with a questionable boh punch, then come back and get stopped just take the loss and get better.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

09.27.2021 | 2:02 PM ET

I think you have to have Usyk at #1 right now based on what he's just accomplished. I don't think it's a terrible take to have Canelo at #1, but I wouldn't agree with the take. A guy I've seen missing on a considerable amount of lists is Naoya Inoue. My favorite boxer of the modern-era. The dude is a tremendous watch. Some of the most vicious body shots I've ever seen, especially in recent years. That man has some Alexis Arguello-like body-head combinations. It's a ******* art form, dude. 

Done simping over Naoya Inoue... 

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 2:02 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

09.27.2021 | 4:31 PM ET

Tryon really *****ed out on that tattoo. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I was thinking, how are you going to talk sooo much **** in the build up and then put the tattoo on your finger??? That needs to be on his chest.

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 4:32 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.27.2021 | 4:53 PM ET

My God Woodley is a 24 Carat imbecile if that thing isn't fake. Oh well. At least now when he reams himself whiile looking in the mirror he can hum along to in and out of love wit chu and it will make sense.

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 4:55 PM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’