Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 27

UFC on ESPN+ 27: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,257
  • Post Score: 47

12.13.2019 | 5:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 27
  • Saturday 02.29.2020 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 27: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Norfolk
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Chartway Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $402,958
  • Attendance: 7,098
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Joseph Benavidez   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   1:54 Round 2 of 5, 6:54 Total Bout Page
Felicia Spencer   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Ion Cutelaba   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Megan Anderson   defeats   Norma Dumont   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Grant Dawson   defeats   Darrick Minner   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:38 Round 2 of 3, 6:38 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Gabriel Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brendan Allen   defeats   Tom Breese   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Serghei Spivac   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luis Pena   defeats   Steve Garcia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jordan Griffin   defeats   TJ Brown   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Spike Carlyle   defeats   Aalon Cruz   via KO/TKO, Elbows to Ground and Pound   1:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean Brady   defeats   Ismail Naurdiev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 17

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

03.03.2020 | 1:08 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2365th

That’s what Figueiredo’s nickname is ya herb

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot
  • Predictions:  134  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  371
  • Post Score: 101

03.03.2020 | 5:13 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 29th with 2 others

Benavidez had a niiiiiice walkout. Its a good walkout.

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 5:18 PM ET *

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,328  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,335
  • Post Score: 136

03.05.2020 | 5:53 PM ET

Haha yeah Joe let me..us down

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 2296th

He got destroyed head butt was not cause he was too small, scared and had bad plan.
If a bigger guy is smashing you, get tactical with leg kicks and make openings.
Also would have slowed him down "IF Joe survived a couple more rounds he may have had a chance.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Richldnrd
Richldnrd
  • Predictions:  1,404  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -83

03.07.2020 | 2:00 AM ET

Run of luck?

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 605 Points   |   69th Place

I don't know if it was beginner's luck or if I tapped into the Tapology spirits or maybe I'm just that damn good at predictions! I highly doubt if I have this same type of outcome for UFC 248. But if I do you can bet that I will be telling you about in my usual verbose and articulate manner at nausium because I'm poor and can't afford a hype man or PR department! Plus I am my own best representative and consummate cheerleader. When the subject matter is something that I have become so familiar with over the last 25 years on top of the decade or so of my own combat sports experience it is as though I can write the story when the matches are set. If the competitors are known to me the fight plays out in my head and later in life without many suprises. It is entertaining to read and get in on the discussions with the younger fans. Frustrating sometimes when the fan boys who obviously got into the sport due to the love of one athlete. They defend these idols with such passion claiming that their favorite has superhuman capabilities and can beat anyone on the planet past, present or future.  But hey who cares? As long as they found their way to the MMA interest they will mature with time. Lmao

"“It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.” ~ Voltaire"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.07.2020 | 2:24 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 495th

Be quiet please Rich.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 12 hours, and 10 minutes from now.

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • In between bouts, waiting for next fight to begin.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia