Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Movies

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

05.28.2014 | 7:50 PM ET

I went back all the way to the 20th page and didn't see anyone who started a thread about movies. If there is one, just let this thread sink away into the abyss of thread history, but if not, this is something we can talk about. We've got one for every sport, music, and TV shows. So I figured might as well.

* Edited at 05.28.2014, 7:51 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Responses Page 67

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

04.29.2016 | 10:49 AM ET

Well we (my wife and I) review them  for our website and for one of our community papers. Also with MoviePass it only cost me $30 and I can see whatever I want in the theater. There are two things I am passionate about MMA and Movies. Though I watch a lot of movies I don't watch all that much TV. If there is a series I'm interested in I will typically binge watch it online. The only exceptions lately have been TWD and GoT though I'm growing tired of TWD. Beyond that any show I watch is on Netflix. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.06.2016 | 4:58 PM ET

Just got back from Captain America: Civil War. I have to say thank you Marvel for not dissapointing. This movie was great. Tom Holland is a great Spider-Man and his portrayal is bad ass. Black Panther is great as well, can't wait for those movies.  

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.06.2016 | 5:27 PM ET

Loved Civil War. Probably my favorite of the MCU films.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

05.06.2016 | 5:38 PM ET

I didn't dislike Civil War.  It was quite good, but personally, I'd put int somewhere in the upper middle of the MCU films.  I didn't like it as much as The Avengers, Iron Man 1, or Cap 2, but I liked it more than Ultron, Thor 2, and Iron Man 3.  For me, some of the middle section failed to hold my interest.

Maybe it will grow on me in subsequent viewings.

/still light years ahead of Batman v Superman
//the Spiderman as a smart-aleck teenager in Civil War was perfect

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

05.06.2016 | 5:58 PM ET

The kid they cast as Spider-Man was perfect. Great actor, great age range, and has a great look for the part.

Civil War is a fine Marvel film overall. However I thought it was the weakest of the Captain America set. It was more of an Avengers film than a Captain America movie. I thought we learned something new and got some new perspectives on Iron Man/Tony Stark, but nothing really on Captain America (the titled character). I'm guessing this is just a set-up film for the next Avengers, plus the Black Panther solo film, Spider-Man solo film, and others.

Also I wasn't a fan of the 60 fps speed up look to the action sequences. It's all the rage right now for action films, but personally I don't like the stuttered look to the action.   

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.13.2016 | 2:03 PM ET

We Saw a couple movies this week first was Keanu the first feature lengthe comedy starring Key and Peele in leading roles. It is a movie about a guy and his cousin trying to get his cat back from a gang called the 17th Street Blips. There are a lot of subtle pop culture references and some great awkward humor involving these two suburbanites trying to act like urban gangsters. A lot of great over the top action as well done for comedic purposes.  

Also saw "Green Room" which is a great suspense thriller/horror from the writer/director of "Blue Ruin." This film has great tension and some unsettling violent imagery with excellent gore makeup.  It is about a punk band that has a standoff with a gang of Skinheads after stumbling upon the aftermath of a murder. It is very gritty and has a 70's grindhouse feel. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.14.2016 | 10:17 AM ET

One that may be bad but I still want to see is ID2.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.23.2016 | 7:49 PM ET

Just got back from seeing "The Nice Guys." Great flick if you like Shane Black's "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" this is a similar neo noir dark comedy. I Highly recommend it. Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling are great in this and work well together.  

Also saw Angry Birds over the weekend which surprisingly wasn't terrible a lot of innuendo though for a kids movie. Also saw Neighbors 2 which was meh. A little step down from the original in my opinion though critics are praising it pretty highly for its message.  

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.24.2016 | 7:46 AM ET

Forgot the name of the movie but Xfinity has an action movie starring Stefan Bonnar where he must fight in some competition to save a girl from a billionaire. It looks downright terrible and low budget.

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.24.2016 | 12:37 PM ET

I actually think I've seen that movie. Unless Stephan Bonnar has done more than one movie. It is hilariously bad. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.24.2016 | 1:33 PM ET

I saw the trailer last night and boy is it cheesy. Bonnar trying to look tough is god awful.  He could never look tough, even if his life depended on it.

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.24.2016 | 6:30 PM ET

IIRC the fight scenes were pretty ****** as well. Which is always weird when you have fight scenes with real fighters they often suck. I remember the movie Brazilian Brawl with the Machados some of the worst fight scenes ever not to mention one of the worst movies ever. 

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

05.24.2016 | 10:11 PM ET

It's hard for me to believe that there will be another movie this year that I'll enjoy more than The Nice Guys. If you're a fan of action, buddy comedy films like Lethal Weapon and 48 Hours you'll dig this movie.

It's also a homage to the LA detective movies of the 1970s like Chinatown and The Long Goodbye. However unlike those movies, The Nice Guys is filled with perfectly timed humor.     

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.25.2016 | 7:39 AM ET

Withe retreads and lack of imagination, it really isn't that hard to believe.

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.27.2016 | 2:15 AM ET

Just watched X-Men Apocalypse.  Despite mixed reviews from critics we enjoyed it. It gets quite dark and though slow at times the visual spectacle makes up for it as do some awesome action sequences.  Definitely way better than Batman v Superman but not as good as Captain America Civil War. It's in the upper middle of the pack when it comes to the X-Men cinematic universe.  

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.27.2016 | 6:43 AM ET

Can't wait to see Xmen.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

05.27.2016 | 11:59 AM ET

I finally got around to watching Deadpool. Holy **** was that awesome! Can't wait for the next one!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

twspencer91
twspencer91
  • Predictions:  21,876  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  822
  • Post Score: 246

05.31.2016 | 1:09 PM ET

Finally got around to seeing "Nice Guys" and I really enjoyed it. The Big Lebowski has always been one of my favorite comedies and there are a lot of similarities between the two, I highly recommend it. 

I saw "Neighbors 2" the night it came out with some friends and like Big J said it was just meh. The message about women was on point but I felt baited into it, because I was expecting the same juvenile humor as the rest of Rogan and crew's movies. Weird platfrom for the message they wanted to deliver. The trailer for their new animated movie "Sausage Party" is ******* hysterical though, I can't wait for that to come out!

And to be completely honest, I sat down and watched "The Do Over", the new Adam Sandler/David Spade movie on Netflix and going in with absolutely ZERO expectations, it wasn't the worst thing in the world. It got a few chuckles out of me, which were a few more than I expected. The fact I was able to watch the whole movie is a testament to the fact it's probably Sandler's best movie in a decade. Still not saying much but if there are worse movies out there. Also, there is a German guy in it which I believe is one of the Nihilists in The Big Lebowski, and as a movie nerd I like **** like that.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python, and the mind of a ******* scientist."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051

05.31.2016 | 3:58 PM ET

Seeing Civil War for the 4th time tonight. Like it more each time I see it. 9/10.

Saw The Nice Guys last week. Great stuff. 8/10. 

Scott Summers is my favorite X-Men character and they've never done him justice. I sort of bitterly hate Bryan Singer. Haven't seen Apocalypse and will likely pirate it when it comes out (He said sarcastically.)

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Bigj383
Bigj383

06.06.2016 | 11:12 AM ET

Saw TMNT: Out of the Shadows even though we hated the first one. This installment is exponentially bettwr it is actually fun even though there is a lot of fan service.  

I also saw Pop Star: Never Stop Never Stopping which is a mocumentary starring The Lonely Island. We laughed a lot at this movie. It pokes fun and Justin Bieber, internet culture, and the music industry in general. Unfortunately it hasn't done very well at the box office so it won't be around for long. 

Page 67

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with title fight headliner, Jose Aldo's return, more
  • MMA Mania : The King Of Rio Returns ... But Why?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White to roast Tom Brady in upcoming live Netflix special
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress