Topic: Aldo vs. Edgar

Aldo vs. Edgar

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,647  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,582
  • Post Score: 60

11.15.2012 | 11:48 AM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Aldo vs. Edgar. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.03.2013 | 3:25 AM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Bill thanks for the downthumbs buddy old pal.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

02.03.2013 | 11:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

I'm not gonna go read through all of the comments about this I'm just gonna leave my thoughts ha
I thought Aldo won the first two rounds pretty much unarguably, I thought Edgar won the last two rounds again pretty much unarguably and I also had Edgar winning the 3rd slightly however I can understand it being scored for Aldo.
The two judges scoring it 49 - 46 is absolutely ridiculous and those two people should never be able to judge another MMA fight.

"Is reality really realistic?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.04.2013 | 8:52 PM ET

ALDO WON CLEARLY. ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND?

"الله أكبرl"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.04.2013 | 10:41 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I am with AnikM. Despite being competitive, it was not close in terms of who the victor was. Aldo clearly won. He won the fight. Only way you could even attempt to argue other wise would be if you viewed fights as point fighting. Because in terms of actaul fight, aldo won hands down. He did significantly more damage. He landed the better shots and he landed significantly more to the face. Edgar landed more leg kicks, but for all the leg kicks he landed they never amount to the same amount of damage Aldo own leg kicks caused Edgar. I think people have some serous Edgar goggles if there trying to argue him winning that fight.

"here I come to save the day"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.04.2013 | 10:45 PM ET

Yes, like Joe Rogan, Jose Aldo's first three leg kicks did far more damage than all of Edgar's leg kicks combined. Edgar never really put Aldo in danger at any point in the fight whereas every Aldo strike had me cringing.

I actually don't mind point fighting, but sometimes there's just a limit in arguing. You can point fight all you want but if the other guy has you reeling after every strike, you got serious problems. Edgar was never as clearly beaten as he was in this fight against Jose Aldo.

"الله أكبرl"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

02.04.2013 | 10:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Aldo won for sure. also, if they fought again, providing that he doesn't have a year long layoff again, i would bet that he finishes edgar

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

02.04.2013 | 10:54 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong Decision  

Maybe I was hypnotized by Rogan.I thought Aldo clearly won the first 2 rounds,and also took the third.I had Frankie winning the last two though.Which doesn't really mean much because Aldo won 3 AKA all it takes to win the fight.I will rewatch it sometime.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.04.2013 | 10:58 PM ET

I was bored to sleep by Rashad so I didnt keep track of round by round . But I thought Aldo handled him pretty good. This fight was no where near as close as Edgars last bunch of decisions.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.04.2013 | 11:24 PM ET

like I said Edgair is now trappeht Id between two champions he can't defeat, he can beat most of the FW's and LW's but not Aldo nor Bendo. 
I respect Edgar but him complaining every time he loses a fight it's getting old, I think Aldo clearly won the fight maybe it could've been scored 48-47 but there was no doubt Aldo won

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.04.2013 | 11:26 PM ET

I think Edgar did in fact beat Hendo the second time
and had a close fight with Aldo
I think he can beat either guy on the right night
I hope he goes back and works up to a rematch with Aldo, if he wins great, if he loses go to 135 which he can make pretty easily. 
btw, Cruz vs Edgar would be ****** great

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.04.2013 | 11:33 PM ET

Aldo won 3 rounds to 2. Aldo didn't dominate and the last 2 rounds Frankie clearly won. Frankie does better in rematches too so keep that in mind. To just dismiss Frankie as having a chance to beat Aldo is ridiclous. Frankie gave credit to Aldo for winning the fight and said he's the champ. What more would you like the guy to do? He's frustrated.....he's lost 3 straight title fights that were pretty damn close especially the 2 with Benson.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.04.2013 | 11:55 PM ET

@Legacy

? what are you talking about edgar complaining?  He does not say much normally at all. Did you watch the post fight press conference? He did not complain at all. In fact he impressed me. I think Edgar a hell of a guy and not a complainer in my opinion

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.04.2013 | 11:57 PM ET

@p4p

I disagree that edgar clearly won the last two rounds, both were close and I believe the Fifth could have gone either way. Aldo again did more damage and landed more shots to the face.

* Edited at 02.04.2013, 11:57 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

02.05.2013 | 12:03 AM ET

the 2nd Bendo fight I think it could've gone either way but he definetly lost the first and this one, I also think he lost his first fight with Penn.

I've always thought he relies too much in his speed, he uses it to close the distance, get in, connect and get out, but because of that he almost never commit to a punch, he doesn't load them so he inflicts very little damage whilst he's getting caught by big punches every now and then, he has good TD's but he doesn't make the most of them, and imho as long as he keeps fighting like this he will lose some decisions against bigger-hard striking fighters.

if he gets a rematch against Aldo I don't think he would do better, Aldo came from a long layoff and did better than Frankie  it's more likely that Aldo improves his performance than Frankie

* Edited at 02.05.2013, 12:04 AM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

02.05.2013 | 12:06 AM ET

@Franklin I remember complaining after both fights with Bendo, this time around he said he tought he won the fight, maybe he wasn't exactly complaining but he was disagreeing wit the dec.

edit: I didn't watch the postfight press

* Edited at 02.05.2013, 12:07 AM ET *

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.05.2013 | 12:41 AM ET

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1513509-jose-aldo-vs-frankie-edgar-results-breaking-down-the-fightmetric-numbers

@franklin Edgar actually outstruck Aldo in rounds 3-5 and scored the only 2 takedowns of the fight. You can't just base winning a round or a fight off of damage. Frankie swells up and bruises after the first couple times he gets hit by anyone. So what.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

02.05.2013 | 1:03 AM ET

and you cant score a fight purely based on volume of strikes.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.05.2013 | 1:08 AM ET

@p4pgoat

Frankie out struck aldo by landing more leg kicks. Aldo hit Edgar in the face 40 more times then Edgar hit him.. And are you only going to sit here and tell me Edgar leg kicks were effective?  Aldo landed a fraction of leg kicks that Edgar did but his were vastly more effective. When I am talking damage it not what Edgar face look lik. It what he looked like when he got hit. He looked to get visibly get hurt while Aldo never seemed to get hurt by Edgar. Aldo landed the harder and cleaner shots through out the fight. He landed them were they counted. I am sorry but Edgar landing significantly more leg kicks while being less effective at it does not give him the fight. Aldo completely out landed him in strikes to the head.

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.05.2013 | 1:46 AM ET

What is going on? Seriously, I don't get how any time Frankie loses he's "robbed." This is getting ridiculous. Frankie has not been robbed....EVER. He knows the judges are fickle. He has the opportunity to keep judges out of it. He doesn't do it. His first fight with Benson was not close. He lost. In the rematch, it was a closer fight, yet he still lost officially. In this fight, I don't even understand controversy. Aldo won 49-46 in my book. I can see the argument for 48-47 in favor Aldo. But why is it that Edgar is so beloved that he could never lose? Is it Rogan clouding everyone's judgement? Or is it Dana always talking about how awesome Edgar is? 

The real question everyone should be asking is "Why does Frankie do everything in his power to make sure there are a very small number of exchanges in a fight?" I'll answer that for you, he has to get lucky to hurt his opponents, but every time his opponent hits him, he's taking an ungodly amount of punishment. Aldo was never hurt and never in danger. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.05.2013 | 2:01 AM ET

The closest fight Frankie was in was his rematch with Bendo. I thought he arguably won that fight. His first fight with Bendo and this fight with Aldo were not that close...Frankie has a knack for absorbing damage early in fights, only to use his chin and cardio to pick up the pace in the championship rounds of fights. If he's that tired of being "robbed" my advice would be to actually look to finish fights instead of cutting angles, and trying to win based on points. He's a great fighter, but it's difficult to win a decision when you look like you've been in a car accident after the fight and your opponent is without a scratch.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 19 hours, and 1 minute from now.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC 301 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg - The fighters are being introduced by the announcer.
  • Join the UFC 301 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Alexandre Pantoja 69% Steve Erceg 31%
  • Alexandre "The Cannibal" Pantoja (27-5-0) RJ, BR is the #1st Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • Steve "AstroBoy" Erceg (12-1-0) WA, AU is the #10th Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC 301 features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil