Topic: Other Sports

TAPOLOGY TALKS: NHL

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.13.2012 | 5:07 PM ET

Making an NHL only thread, because I'm sick of seeing the Peyton Manning thread riddled with hockey talk.

So fellow Canadians, REJOICE!

EDIT: And Americans too, we know some of you love hockey as well.

* Edited at 03.13.2012, 5:07 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Responses Page 8

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 9:54 PM ET

A rebuild eh? Rebuilds are great, every single great team post lockout (except for Detroit) has gone through some sort of rebuild, don't you think? The Canadiens have been in the worst place to ever been in for god knows how long (between 7th and 10th), and we have to go through a rebuild too. Pittsburgh did it, the Bruins did it, Vancouver did it (somewhat), Toronto did it, Ottawa did it, and now it's our turn. 

Grow up? I'M 16. NO **** I'M GOING TO START PERSONAL ATTACKS. NO **** I'M GOING TO BE SWEARING. People dislike teenagers because we have adult brains in adult bodies without adult emotions, the main difference between adolescents and adults is empathy, or the lackthereof. I have no empathy at this point in my life, so of course I'm going to be saying offensive things. I could apologize but I wouldn't really mean it.

And no, I won't chill out. I've grown up with the Canadiens for my whole life, the Sens might be just a sports team you really like but to me, the Canadiens have been with me through thick and thin, good and bad, in sickness and in health. They've always been a constant in my life, and there aren't many things I care for but the Canadiens are one of them. Ya, I love Real Madrid, the Chicago Bears and the San Antonio Spurs, but I live with the Canadiens. Attacking them is like attacking family, and I'm gonna be pissed when someone attacks my family.

That's why we're the best fanbase in hockey, because the reason why so many Habs fans are total idiots is because we care so much for them that we want them to prosper at whatever costs, all the time. So yes, I will keep making personal attacks as long as you keep attacking my Canadiens, and I'm sorry but there's nothing you can change about that.

EDIT: I've always liked you Nik, you're one of the better and more entertaining posters on Tapology. And we've pretty much joined and started contributing on this site at the same time, but damn man. I'm starting to feel bad but you just don't insult my Habs like that. I'm very butthurt right now, but it's because I care.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 9:59 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.18.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

your prerogative. If you want to be an keyboard warrior, go ahead. 

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:03 PM ET

Gladly.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:15 PM ET

halak did it again 3-1. the blues hit 100 points first. there almost unbeatable at home.  they will make it to at least the conference finals. lindqvist got blasted the other day.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 10:16 PM ET *

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

03.18.2012 | 10:17 PM ET

Lundquist isnt a very good playoff goalie. Halak is definitely having an impressive season.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:20 PM ET

halak has won last 10 of 11 games and all but two were either shutout are 1 goal against. that is incredible. been parlaying the blues GT's with the under and winning. i found out about these two guys b/c they are on my fantasy hockey team. never really heard about them until this year. elliot is the other one. he has not been doing nearly as good lately but still has the league lead in GAA at 1.68. kiprosuff is my other goalie. he plays just about evry game and always makes enough saves to get points.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 10:22 PM ET *

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

03.18.2012 | 10:21 PM ET

Hah, Elliot was in Ottawa last year; he didn't do very well.

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:27 PM ET

That's because he's not a good goalie. And Halak is only average. They're a) a product of the system, b) they alternate so much that it's impossible to have bad stats and c) they're the most hot n' cold goalies in the NHL.

Don't believe me? Observe Brian Elliot's game-to-game SV percentages and then look at Halak's. Keep notice of the date too.

Done? Ok, now look at Henrik Lundqvist's. Or Miikka Kiprusoff's. Or Carey Price's.

What do you notice?

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:31 PM ET

there making me money which is all i care about. plus you saying thye won't get out of the first round is a joke.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:33 PM ET

i have kiprusuff as a goalie and he losses alot. i keep him in the fantasy game cause calgary really has no other goalie so he makes enough saves to get me points. lindqvist got blast the other night and has come back from an injury. i bet he losses quite a few more.
Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:35 PM ET

That's because they play more for a longer period of time.

Why? Because they're legitimate starters. Unlike St. Louis' duo.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:37 PM ET

@anik. you have something against st. louis? i have  no favorite teams in hockey. this is a money making operation i'm running. i'll stick with the blues GT's the playoffs start soon and i bet the blues will be the #1 seed in all of hockey.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 10:37 PM ET *

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

03.18.2012 | 10:41 PM ET

how is that a joke Wolf president trophy winners don't always have the greatest track record come playoff time...i'm not saying it will happen my self but I am however not completely sold on them, one of the goalies could get on a hot streak (like Halak did 2 years ago) they do have a balanced attack but lack in game breakers which probably means they only can ride a hot goalie for so long.  I don't think they get past Vancouver, Detroit or Chicago never mind a possible 1st round against Colorado, San Jose, Los Angeles or Phoenix 

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:44 PM ET

sig bet. i don't care who they play in the first round and i never said they would win it all. i just said they will make it out of the first round which anik said they won't
Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:45 PM ET

@wolfmanhowl I don't have something against St. Louis, I have something against Jaroslav Halak though, stemming from the Bell Centre booing Carey Price. I think that was the worst thing I ever saw as a Habs fan.

@CashBrewyn Precisely what I'm saying. The only way the Blues go far is if Halak gets his typical hot streak, which I think can happen this year, but I won't count on it.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:45 PM ET

Sig bet with me wolf? Done.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.18.2012 | 10:46 PM ET

to just get out of the first round? done.
Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 10:56 PM ET

It's risky but IDGAF, double done.

"الله أكبرl"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

03.18.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

Anik and everyone else who apply to this post, how can you get mad at someone about a sport. EVERYONE it's entertainment and should be treated as such. Also you aren't lacking empathy because you are 16, it's more likely the case is that on the internet and everyone is anonymous. You wouldn't treat someone in the real world with personal attacks because generally you will either A) Get in trouble (with boss or teacher or professor or jail) or B) Get the **** kicked out of you.

If someone loyalties puts a sports team over friendship they were never your friend and that person probably needs to reassess their priorities in life. I know Canadians are fanatical about hockey, but its less fanaticism and more completely stupid. For instance, the Canadian's who after beating the US for the gold medal in the Olympics took down an American flag on a pole in California and put up a Canadian flag when it was basically 1-1 in their 2 matches. Also the US had a weaker team and the majority of the country didn't give 2 ****s about the game. That is stupidity and guess what its also a felony I believe. People get older, but their psyche might not keep up with that. Americans are just as stupid about football and the basketball and the Euros with soccer. Hell Celtic and Rangers have had people murdered at those games.

Sorry for the rant, but I was just bothered by that post you put. Remember everyone, this is a forum and that sports while an institution are also for FUN; nothing more, nothing less. If someone wants to get butthurt they need to talk to the other person in a constructive manner instead of throwing insults around and boasting about X being better than Y.

Also does this really matter as long as your team reach the playoffs. Do you know why? Because teams play their best and play completely different in the playoffs. The patriots continually have mediocre/good seasons, but guess what. When the playoffs come around they man the **** up and generally go far in the playoffs. I honestly think one of the reasons I pretty much follow MMA now is because it's hard to get this fanatical about one person to where you get so enraged that you result to insults to argue with people. Guess what? It's not constructive and nothing gets done.

EDIT: Pics because I feel like it.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 11:02 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 11:20 PM ET

I've gotten in trouble loads of times and I've been close to getting the **** kicked out of me. The way I am on the internet is exactly the same way I am in real life, and it's not necessarily a good thing.

People (including myself) get very passionate when it comes to sports teams, and it can cloud judgement at times. I agree with your posts and I know I got carried away, but I'm not taking anything back.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee