Topic: Other Sports

TAPOLOGY TALKS: NHL

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.13.2012 | 5:07 PM ET

Making an NHL only thread, because I'm sick of seeing the Peyton Manning thread riddled with hockey talk.

So fellow Canadians, REJOICE!

EDIT: And Americans too, we know some of you love hockey as well.

* Edited at 03.13.2012, 5:07 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Responses Page 7

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.16.2012 | 8:31 PM ET

nothing wrong with crazy, but we prefer the term Eclectic.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Anik
Anik

03.16.2012 | 8:45 PM ET

@Lopati I was being sarcastic. Ottawa has no fanbase, according to tonight's game.

Just watch my friend, Ottawa boos Daniel Alfredsson and they cheer when Price makes a save.

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

03.17.2012 | 12:00 AM ET

you debating the merits of the Senators with people proves your statement wrong Anik.  the Senators have fans in this thread and on this website, lol.  Silly guy you are.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Anik
Anik

03.17.2012 | 10:17 AM ET

@Lopati Again, did you watch the two Sens games this week? They both sounded like home games for the Habs. If you're such a big Sens fan, go support 'em.

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 8:43 PM ET

Anik, I can't go to canada, lol. 

If the Blue Jackets trade nash and the #1 pick they might as well dissolve that franchise.

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 8:52 PM ET

Hey.

The Blue Jackets are awesome.

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 8:58 PM ET

you done lost your mind Anik, lol.

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 8:59 PM ET

Honestly though, I've always had a thing for things that no one else likes. Including the Jackets.

If they dissolve, you think Kansas City's gonna get the franchise?

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 9:00 PM ET

I think the NHL and NBA for that matter could stand to lose a couple teams to help the competitive balance of the leagues out.

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 9:01 PM ET

Especially the NBA, damn David Stern is running that league to hell.

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.18.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

"The Senators of now are not the Senators of the early 20th century. I HATE when ignorant-ass Senators fans bring their old past up because THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT TEAMS. The Ottawa Senators of now are named IN HONOR of the Senators of the early 20th century.

And Daniel Alfredsson isn't the longest serving captain in NHL history, but again it's just another dumbass moment due to your team association. But it's alright.

And as for people who bring up our lack of Stanley Cups in the last years, I ask you to present YOUR Stanley Cups in the last 19 years. The Senators history is about as rich as the city of Harlem. Ya you've had 50 goal scorers and 100 point getters, kinda like every other team in NHL history. You've had Selke winners, the Selke Trophy was made just for the sole purpose of giving Bob Gainey an award (true story) and he won it for the first 4 years. We have had Jack Adams trophy winners, Hart trophy winners, we've won basically every regular season award there is.

The difference between Senators and Canadiens fans? The Senator fans brag about that, the Canadiens fans don't because THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REGULAR SEASON. We care about the playoffs, the proving ground for NHL teams and the true test of greatness.

I'm pretty much going to ignore everything you say about the 1900's to 1930's Senators because frankly, that's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FRANCHISE. Stop acting like they're related, that's like me saying that the Maroons Stanley Cups should be put under the Canadiens history.

So in closing, the Senators fans seem to think they have history because of peanut accolades won in the past 20 years. But Canadiens fans have higher expectations and we don't care for those things. We want Cups, Sens fans are okay with a good individual season.

Take your low expectation asses and GTFO."

- Anik, bro, can you not write an articulate retort without the personal assignation's and flagrant language, lol?
When I was talking about 100 point getters and 50 goal scorers, I was talking about it in the last 15 years. Not one Hab player has achieved those goals.

There are more hab fans than sens fans.. quite a distinguished observation. Sens have been around since 92, and we sell out almost all the time. Habs have had a team for a over a century, so yeah, obviously theyre gunna have more fans. But by the time Ottawa has been a team for say, 50-60 years, well have a big fan base, too.

And its not sens fans who are booing sens players.. its habs fans in ottawa. Lol and dont even bring up booing players.. forget Price, Brisebois, Kovalev??? 

my bad- a small typo that was clearly jumped on and ravished.... but I meant Daniel Alfreddsson is the longest serving captain active in the NHl. Also the longest serving European captain ever.

How do the canadiens have expectations? what are you talking about? you guys have a hard time even making the playoffs on a year-to-year basis. You guys riot when you win the seminfinals. Thats not because your fans are crazy, its because it rarely happens.

Dude like, lets talk when the Habs can at least make the playoffs, no???

Dude I have something else for you.. the harsh reality might burn your ego. i made it just for you. maybe you're a visual learner and not a reader.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Anik
Anik

03.18.2012 | 9:28 PM ET

Funny thing is, you weren't so happy last year eh? Every team has bad seasons, why look at Ottawa's team last year.

Ya it's Habs fans in Ottawa, but the question is WHY CAN YOU HEAR THEM? There aren't enough people in Ottawa to make enough noise? Ya the Habs have been a team for ages but when the Habs go to Nassau Coliseum(edit: ok, keeping it Canadian, the Rogers Arena or Rexall Place. Hell, every ******* team in Canada actually), we don't hear booming ovations for the Canadiens. When the Habs are at the MTS, we don't hear booming ovations for them. In fact, it's ONLY Ottawa, because Ottawa is a ****** sports city and should never be allowed to hold a professional franchise for any sport because the people don't GIVE A ****.

There are total idiot Habs fans who boo their own players, but at least it's because of performance. Ottawa just boos for the sheer hell of it, including this season.

Hard time making the playoffs? Look who's ******* talking. At least WE HAVE A REASON, the Ottawa Senators have had GREAT TEAMS and still miss the playoffs. We don't have a Jason Spezza, we don't have an Erik Karlsson, we shouldn't BE making the playoffs. But you guys finished 13th last year, and I'm pretty sure you were pretty butthurt about that.

So to end this argument once and for all, I would like to end with this: I always disliked the Ottawa Senators because of their down-syndrome fan base who drink out of sippy cups and wear adult diapers but I was starting to ignore that this year because of their entertaining hockey team.

You have rekindled my hatred for them. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh and since you so kindly added a picture for me, I thought I'd do the same.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 9:33 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 9:32 PM ET

Anik, no Canadian team is coming into Nassau Coliseum and getting cheered.  Keep the argument in Canada fellas, lol.

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 9:40 PM ET *

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

03.18.2012 | 9:38 PM ET

do the islanders even get cheered in Nassau?

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

the only cheers in Nassau Colisseum are during concerts, lol

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.18.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

Dude, first off, the "down syndrome fan base " is offensive. 

second, it is called a rebuild. Ottawa had to rebuild after we lost all our players after the 07 Cup run.  try this.. the Leafs and and habs have had fan bases for over a century each, also, Ottawa is right between Toronto and Montreal, and only a few hours drive away from both cities.. I think thats the reason why the habs fans and leafs fans are in abundance. "we dont have a spezza or karlsson" yeah, great point, its called drafting.. something the Canadiens are totally inept at. When have we ever had a great team and not made the playoffs?????? Ottawa has only not made the playoffs twice in 15 years... you need to get your facts straight. Are team was awful last year.. we were rebuilding.. and look how our rebuild has gone.

No worries on the hatred... it sucks for you because habs can't even make the significant part of the season to play a significant game against ottawa.

But I will give you this.. Montreal IS MUCH BETTER at..

Why are you bringing personal attacks in to this dude? You need to grow up man, and chill out. Its clear that you are totally wrong and have to resort to insulting my looks, even though i don't look a thing like that. Go to my twitter if you want to see an actual picture of me.

I post a picture of the standings, putting a frowning face on montreal..and you post a picture and say I suck ****. What planet am i on??

* Edited at 03.18.2012, 9:43 PM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Lopati
Lopati

03.18.2012 | 9:43 PM ET

As an American it is so interesting to see the passion with which Canadians have for Hockey.  watching this debate has been both fun and informative.

I am trying to see if your passion for hockey is more like NCAA football or the NFL here in America.

Knee Jerk people will say NFL, but I think college fans are a more passionate bunch.

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

03.18.2012 | 9:47 PM ET

Guys, calm down, calm down. Arguing is pointless.

Because the Blues are much better than both of your teams.

:)

But seriously let's not get out of hand here please.

"We Are All One"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

03.18.2012 | 9:50 PM ET

I grown to quite like AnikM and Nik lust, as much as I like forum posters I guess. Watching them argue is like that feeling you'd get when your parents argue. IM GETTING EMOTIONAL GUYS.

Im not actually, but you know. Maybe its cause I dont understand Hockey, is this normal? LOL

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

03.18.2012 | 9:53 PM ET

@Lopati funny you bring that up because I always say that about Amercians and their football and how fanatical it gets all the way down to the HS level but then I turn around and go watch BCHL and WHL games

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Rani Yahya interested in re-booking ‘biggest fight of my life’ against Cody Garbrandt after UFC Vegas 91
  • Middle Easy : Elle Brooke Says Paige VanZant Didn’t Intimidate Her During Face-Off Despite Huge Height Difference
  • Middle Easy : Amanda Ribas Stalked By ‘Crazy Guy’ Claiming To Be Her Husband From Hotel To UFC P.I.
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane da Silva vows to win at UFC Vegas 91 and show ‘I’m ready’ for top of division
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMA Mania : Video! Garcia Awkwardly Shadowboxes For Amused Trump
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible