Topic: Other Sports

TAPOLOGY TALKS: NHL

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.13.2012 | 5:07 PM ET

Making an NHL only thread, because I'm sick of seeing the Peyton Manning thread riddled with hockey talk.

So fellow Canadians, REJOICE!

EDIT: And Americans too, we know some of you love hockey as well.

* Edited at 03.13.2012, 5:07 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Responses Page 5

canadiangirl
canadiangirl
  • Predictions:  1,783  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  66
  • Post Score: 329

03.15.2012 | 6:51 PM ET

Yeah for sure it was going to happen either way.  The real fans showed up the next day to clean up the streets. 

"He who knows his enemy and himself well will not be defeated easily." -Sun Tzu

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

03.15.2012 | 6:51 PM ET

Also a lot of people just arent real legitimate fans of hockey in general, hockey is one of those sports where if your a fan of it then YOU have a team you're going to root for every year. Yet the day after Boston won the cup apparently everyone in my town became Bruins fans ... Coincidence. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.15.2012 | 6:52 PM ET

Anik, Am i going against you or your copy n paste skills?  Because that is verbatim off the net.  So when you are ready we can do this if you want.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

03.15.2012 | 7:59 PM ET

The Habs QQ about their coach, that alone is a shame for the sport of hockey.  

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Anik
Anik

03.15.2012 | 8:52 PM ET

@Lopati My copy paste skills? Are you ******* serious? I could ******* Facetime you and nail all my hockey ****, no ******* doubt about it. I didn't copy paste a single thing, just 'cause you gotta rely on that **** doesn't mean I have to.

EDIT: Oh and I learnt the whole Habs thing from Secondary 3 History class, so there ya go.

@Crumx7 If I could thumbs you up 1000 times, I would. 90% of Habs fans are ******* ********, I mean WHO GIVES A **** IF HE'S FRENCH? Oh and as for Jacques Martin, he took an awful team and made it look so good that they went to the conference finals. And then the year after, Price carried that crap roster to the playoffs. This year, Price is good but not messiah-good, and so they fire Martin. Pierre Gauthier may be the worst GM in hockey, the guy apologized for hiring Randy Cunningham? If I could take a sledgehammer to that guy, I would.

* Edited at 03.15.2012, 8:59 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

03.15.2012 | 8:57 PM ET

@wolfmanhowl Wrong, Elliot and Halak are NOT the best goalies in hockey. Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from it. Yes, statistically they're the best. But you've never watched either of them play for an extended time. Elliot and Halak are the two most inconsistent goalies in hockey, they define HOT n COLD, especially Halak. The reason why their stats are so amazing is because of Ken Hitch****, who not only runs a defense-first team but if Elliot starts screwing up, then instead of letting him ride it out (something that REAL starting goalies do), he just instantly throws in Halak. And when Halak starts screwing up, he throws Elliot back in. The reason why their stats are good is because Hitch**** isn't giving them enough chances to screw their stats up. They're going nowhere in the playoffs and if they do, it'll probably the first time in NHL history that TWO starters led a team to a Stanley Cup.

"الله أكبرl"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,559  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

03.15.2012 | 9:01 PM ET

Henrik Lundqvist is probably the best goalie right now

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.15.2012 | 9:06 PM ET

i was talking this year. thye have the most shutouts and 1 goal against average in the league. i have made deniro. lets see how far your memory goes back. billy smith and chico resch. who did they play for and how many stanley cups did they win. i guarantee you have to look it up. you aint old enough. :- }
they blues have won 10 of 12 last games and do have the most point in hockey. peace.

* Edited at 03.15.2012, 9:07 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

03.15.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

@wolfmanhowl No need to, they won 4 Stanley Cups I believe, with the New York Islanders in the beginning of the 80's. I didn't need to look it up.

And I'm also talking this year, please reread what I said Wolf.

@CashBrewyn I agree.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

03.15.2012 | 9:10 PM ET

Billy Smith was also the first goalie to score a goal btw.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.15.2012 | 9:12 PM ET

i am checking that other GT's stats right now.

* Edited at 03.15.2012, 9:17 PM ET *

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.15.2012 | 9:21 PM ET

lundqvist has more wins but elliot is 1.6 GAA.
Crumx7
Crumx7

03.15.2012 | 9:22 PM ET

I'm not even talking about the fans. Even the players find it perfectly okay to blame their suck ass performances on their coach. Then again I blame the Bruins' suck ass performances on untimely injuries.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Anik
Anik

03.15.2012 | 9:25 PM ET

@wolfmanhowl Again wolf, read what I wrote. Stats definitely do not tell the whole story, hockey stats are like NFL stats in that they don't tell you very much. Elliot's inconsistent, so is Halak. Watch a whole season of Blues hockey.

@Crumx7 Remember what happened to Cammalleri?

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.15.2012 | 9:28 PM ET

Okay, lapoti, here i come

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Crumx7
Crumx7

03.15.2012 | 9:28 PM ET

He voiced his opinion and got the F out lmao.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

03.15.2012 | 9:38 PM ET

Anik,

Ottawa Senators don't have history? Are you nuts? First off, The Ottawa Senators won the first ever NHL LEAGUE ONLY Stanley Cup. Also, Ottawa had won 11 cups in the late 19th century, early 20th century, and Micheal McKinley, who is from Montreal, and a famous sports writer, deemed Ottawa to be the greatest Hockey Franchise for the first half of the 20th century. On top of that, Montreal had 4 different NHL teams, and not one of them enjoyed the success the Senators did while they both were teams.

Now, Montreal have been absolutely irrelevant for the last 19 years. Yes, they're the last Canadian team to win a Stanley Cup, but that was 19 years ago, and since then, they haven't even MADE IT to the finals, so there really is no merit to that argument. Ottawa has been to the finals, and are consistently at the top of the league, and do well in the playoffs, since 1993. 

Also, Ottawa has only been a new franchise for 20 years, and really, besides that one Stanley Cup the Montreal Schmucks won in 93' Ottawa has been vastly more successful. We have had: 50 goal scorers, 100 point getters, Selke winners, Lady Byng winners, Norris trophy candidates, the longest EVER serving NHL Captain in NHL history; Daniel Alfredsson.. Should I keep going? Yes. We won the first ever shootout, Karlsson is going to win the Norris this year, we have had a Jack Adams winner, and the list goes on. Our history is already rich, and Ottawa will inevitably get a cup soon, because we are always good. We also have a winning record against the Canadiens. 

In closing, Ottawa has a rich history from the inceptive years of the NHL, and is currently building a strong history now. Canadiens are irrelevant, besides their obnoxious fans and long history.

Don't **** with Ottawa.

GASTRONAUT
GASTRONAUT
  • Predictions:  5,582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  946
  • Post Score: 191

03.15.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

And now Calgary has him on the IR...****! 
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.15.2012 | 9:40 PM ET

98 points blues. everyone else below that. 
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

03.15.2012 | 9:43 PM ET

Blues are the ******* **** this year. I love Hitchpenis, and Elliot is a bastard for doing well, and ******* Ottawa over, lol.

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headlining UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Cuadras out, Moloney vs Guevara set for May 12
  • Bad Left Hook : Carlos Cuadras out, Andrew Moloney vs Pedro Guevara set for May 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Whittaker vs. Chimaev, Moreno taking break, Dana White hints at U.K. pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL LIVE now
  • MMA Junkie : Despite failed booking, Vicente Luque thinks he'll eventually fight Ian Machado Garry
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre explains advantages he’d have in Khabib Nurmagomedov matchup: ‘I would have beat him’
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Her ‘Scary’ Ordeal With Pneumonia After UFC 299
  • MMA Junkie : Jamall Emmers: Nate Landwehr being 'the opposite of me' will make for exciting UFC on ESPN 54 fight