Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs. Namajunas

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,029
  • Post Score: 47

12.13.2023 | 11:28 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Rose Namajunas   defeats   Amanda Ribas   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Karl Williams   defeats   Justin Tafa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Edmen Shahbazyan   defeats   AJ Dobson   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Punches   4:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Payton Talbott   defeats   Cameron Saaiman   via KO/TKO, Straight Left to Ground Punches   0:21 Round 2 of 3, 5:21 Total Bout Page
Youssef Zalal   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Fernando Padilla   defeats   Luis Pajuelo   via Submission, D'arce Choke   2:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Trey Ogden   defeats   Kurt Holobaugh   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Miles Johns   defeats   Cody Gibson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarno Errens   defeats   Steven Nguyen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darya Zheleznyakova   defeats   Montserrat Rendon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
André Lima   defeats   Igor Severino   via Disqualificaton, Biting   2:52 Round 2 of 3, 7:52 Total Bout Page
Mick Parkin   defeats   Mohammed Usman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 17

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  408  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  310
  • Post Score: 56

03.23.2024 | 2:08 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1744th

Nice Napalm sweep Rah dawg, but lets be real. Usman has KO power, faster, more experienced maybe, not sure. His biggest weakness is a gust of wind, this guy just falls over like a lil child. His body has no balance. But its an oddly great match up. I can see an Usman win by KO, or a booooring as fug decision.
IceOrc
IceOrc
  • Predictions:  3,901  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 108

03.23.2024 | 2:40 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 89th

@shaneb90 
  I agree, but it all depends on Padilla and his plan for the fight.  
grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  792  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  534
  • Post Score: 54

03.23.2024 | 2:51 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2085th

Who's everyone the most hyped for?? For some reason I've been feeling like Ricardo Ramos will have an incredible performance.

"Winter is coming."

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,338
  • Post Score: 129

03.23.2024 | 3:03 PM ET

@dianabanana

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 40th with 6 others

Talbott v Saaiman and Lima v Severino. 4 promising prospects pit against one another in a somewhat rare type of matchup making for the UFC who usually like to nurse these fighters a bit.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

dotatony
dotatony
  • Predictions:  271  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 30

03.23.2024 | 3:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3126th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, TKO, R1
everytime i say rose is trash and bet against her she head kicks wei lee zhang out cold in round 1.... and when i say shes the goat she loses to carla esparza and throws 3 significant strikes over 25 mins... today my feeling is rose is trash so im gonna do the opposite so rose probably gets the tko....

Williams vs. Tafa
Justin Tafa, TKO, R1
this may sound stupid but i have a theory that says always take the samoan guy when its black vs samoan..... they have better chins and stronger bones.... the only time i dont follow this rule is if the black guy is brazilian or jon jones

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
AJ Dobson, DEC
something about the faceoff ... edmens ribcage and face look so undurable.. he also has been taken and held down many times and finished in very brutal fashion... aj will have the power to match edmen and a advantage grappling.... both guys are good for about 30-50 strikes per fight but i give aj the advantage because hes black which shows less damage and edmen is pale af and looks like if u slapped him his whole face would swell and turn cherry red,,, aj also is alot more liekly to get it to the mat or hold him against he cage

Talbott vs. Saaiman
Payton Talbott, DEC
my brain tells me saaiman will win... his camp recently won gold and there must be an influx of confidence and money at that gym not to mention his most recent loss to c rod was a close fight that aged very well... c rod doing his ******* thing all day....payton seems like a meme character like paddy pimblett or jordan leavit to me... but his striking is hard and his cardio is great... i think saiiman actually outlands payton but i think saaiman gets his nose broken or a huge cut or swelling on the eye which grants him the advantage in damage in the judges eyes and payton steals the split decision in las vegas

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Youssef Zalal, TKO, R1
youseff has fought alot of good opponents and went to split decisons with them... he even took a round off topuria and went all 3 rounds with him without taking any real damage... hes only 27 and i looked at billyq and man hes 35 and he his defense for striking has always been really bad,... billyq style is the type of style that leaves vulnnerable later on in your career.. on top of that at faceoff yousefff looked like he was mega condifent and billy looked like he was dryed out alcholic uncle who lives in the trailer park and worked construction for 30 years and is just done now

Pajuelo vs. Padilla
Fernando Padilla, DEC
split decision for fernando.... he almost beat kyle nelson who is actually really solid... and despite erosa being a glass cannon thats a great win.... i think he has a close fight with luis but lands the harder head shots and draws some blood which gives him the edge when it hits the scorecards

Ogden vs. Holobaugh
Kurt Holobaugh, TKO, R2
holobaugh gets taken down so easily but he atleast puts in butterfly gaurd and trys to get back up, he also has a strong body and submission ability.... he also throws in combination ..... ogden is pretty much jab + lay and pray or bust at this level and i dont think he can hold off holobaugh for 3 rounds

Ramos vs. Erosa
Ricardo Ramos, TKO, R1
illl take the 28 year old who uses takedowns offensively and throws akward explosive spinning **** that is likely to connect partially atlleast a few times against the glass cannon erosa who i think is chinned out at this point

Johns vs. Gibson
Cody Gibson, SUB, R2
i dont think miles johns is very good at fighting... i bet dan arguetta against him tho and he kicked my ass... gonna fade him again but this time i got gibson whos bigger, longer and has better cardio, better striking and solid grappling defense... his lost to katona was better than any of miles johns wins, also johns most recent dec was overrturned for steroids ... arm triangle cody gibson after he beats johns ass and johns quit in round 2 after being put down and gives the choke

Nguyen vs. Errens
Jarno Errens, TKO, R1
actually i think steven has better striking and a better training partners... hes also seems like a chill african american vietnamese guy. i think jarno is the overly happy soul searching white guy who has rich parents and is from holland. i think steven looks good for the first couple minutes and then jarno lands some quick uppercut or knee and we get a quick stoppage . asian males in the ufc as favorites usually dont perform amazingly in my experience betting on them

Rendon vs. Zheleznyakova
Montserrat Rendon, TKO, R2
both these girls are on roids. rendon showed good cardio and self control in her ufc debut, she atleast moves around and mixes striking and grappling where as darya looks like she just plods around flat footed looking to bang.. i think rendons mexican chin and footwork can keep her safe enough and who knows darya might have no grappling and might gas in her debut where i feel more confident rendon will atleast make it a game even if she does get outplayed

Severino vs. Lima
André Lima, DEC
i dont like andre lima or his performance on contender series ... however i predict these two just straight bang it out and i think igor is gonna be the more wreckless one... and will take alot of hard shots this fight and end up bloody and battered. and lima will also find some take downs late as igor swings for the fences

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

03.23.2024 | 3:07 PM ET

Trey Ogden and Kurt Holobaugh is the hardest fight for me. Everything is pointing to Holobaugh, but something is telling me that Ogden can find a way. I just cant justify it.
dotatony
dotatony

03.23.2024 | 3:15 PM ET

@DaWarBoss 
ogden will get take downs... holobaugh got up against hubbard but ogden is alot bigger and heavier grappler... but dont overthink it bro.... ogden went to split decision with jordan leavit... holobaugh is putting jordan leavitt out cold i think .   holobaughs striking is actually pretty deadly even thought his speed isnt great he throws in combination and is relentless, i dont think ogden is gonna like it and if its starts getting violent i like kurt.. i was worried cuz kurt is older but ogden himself is almost 35
dotatony
dotatony

03.23.2024 | 3:17 PM ET

@dianabanana 
parkin and usman should be a banger. both guys on win streaks and one is kamaru usmans little bro and the other is tom aspinalls lil bro.... 
hotbagels
hotbagels
  • Predictions:  1,204  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 190

03.23.2024 | 3:21 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1406th

I'm surprised at the line on Johns vs Gibson honestly. He's tended to pull through in the past for me. Age advantage as well. Gibson had a fun fight against Katona, don't think it justifies nearing a pick 'em though. Same for Quarantillo vs Zalal. Am I missing something on Zalal? why is he subbing a 0-0 kickboxer previous fight to a pick 'em against a cardio fiend like Billy Q?
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,274  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,266
  • Post Score: 136

03.23.2024 | 3:30 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4233rd

If betting was available here I'd bet Mick he is gonna make silly people cry today.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

03.23.2024 | 3:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 148th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, DEC
thinking rose will play safe with rangier strikes and possibly even opt for standup if ribas gets off-balanced or even knocked down instead of play bjj with her.

Williams vs. Tafa
Karl Williams, DEC
tafa hasn't dealt with anyone that can really grapple yet and williams is going to certainly test him there if he can avoid running into what seems to be an early boxing advatage for tafa. since coming up to the big show, tafa has lost both fights that have made it out of r1 and got ko'd in another (all to mediocre opponents) so it seems like his gas tank is r1 or bust.

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
Edmen Shahbazyan, TKO, R2
signficant step down for edmen. he's obviously a frontrunner type, but i feel it's important to note that his losses are to relevant fighters. dobson seems well-rounded but not spectacular anywhere, but what he has going for him is that his only losses are by decision and edmen rarely makes it to scorecards. i'm gonna stick with the rebuild project because my pick history shows i've overtrusted dobson, but really he could win this with power and/or top control if edmen goes too hard for the finish.

Talbott vs. Saaiman
Payton Talbott, TKO, R2
initial reaction was talbott takes over with volume, but i don't think it's anywhere near a slam dunk. might actually be a fun fight.

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
gonna be a battle based on zalal's ability to manage range. he's the cleaner striker, but can he keep up with the volume? and can he land the more meaningful strikes in between? all 5 losses by decision so i'll say no.

Pajuelo vs. Padilla
Fernando Padilla, TKO, R1
dove down the rabbithole of pajuelo's opponents and their opponents, very unimpressed, mostly guys fighting rookies/journeymen. that means i stick with the guy who actually has some impressive wins.

Ogden vs. Holobaugh
Trey Ogden, DEC
kurt really might just box him up bad, but i'm gonna take a chance and pick against his tdd.

Ramos vs. Erosa
Julian Erosa, DEC
ramos wins his fights with his bjj and bill algeo feels like a decent analog here, but but erosa has never been submitted and rarely taken down and i'm not counting on another hail mary spinning elbow to find the ko that erosa has been susceptible to (though i'm sure he'll try at least once!). gonna take my chance here and say i think julian can take this on volume if his chin holds. (i'm really bad with erosa)

Johns vs. Gibson
Miles Johns, DEC
guess i'll say cody pushes for impact and gets taken down because of it? he possibly drowns johns with volume if he can avoid being on his back though.

Nguyen vs. Errens
Steven Nguyen, DEC
sure, whatever. errens hasn't impressed, nguyen hasn't beaten anyone good and lost to someone kinda bad. jarno's been outstruck in his losses.

Rendon vs. Zheleznyakova
Montserrat Rendon, DEC
thoroughly unimpressed with darya's opponents' opponents, they were all crushing rookies to get padded records. i'm sure she can strike a bit, but rendon already dealt with a decent puncher in vidal so i'll take the chance on her being able to change levels here.

Severino vs. Lima
André Lima, DEC
no idea what to expect here, both only have one or two good wins, i'll take the guy that has seen scorecards i guess?

Usman vs. Parkin
Mohammed Usman, DEC
mo has some power and i'm not sure mick will really wanna close the distance to try and grapple. maybe he just kicks on the outside? whatever.

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

03.23.2024 | 3:36 PM ET

@dotatony 
So, I agree, I know how Ogdan can win. I just don't know how Kurt can win. Kurt can win by violence, but what does that look like, KO, TKO, sub? 
dotatony
dotatony

03.23.2024 | 3:55 PM ET

@DaWarBoss 
tko or sub , rd2 or rd3 i think
Oneyecrook
Oneyecrook
  • Predictions:  415  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  443
  • Post Score: 7

03.23.2024 | 3:56 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 798th

theres not a single fight im confident picking on this card
osusnp
osusnp
  • Predictions:  449  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 184

03.23.2024 | 4:07 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2713th

@Oneyecrook 
this is the correct take
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,274  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,266
  • Post Score: 136

03.23.2024 | 4:10 PM ET

More crazy picks

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4233rd

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

03.23.2024 | 4:14 PM ET

@dotatony 
Yup that looks about right, thank you.
Mav58
Mav58
  • Predictions:  651  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,453
  • Post Score: 92

03.23.2024 | 4:17 PM ET

I feel like Parkin will beat Usman. He is better everywhere, at least on paper. And he's also much bigger. Usman is not really a good wrestler, he just outwrestled Junior Tafa. And he doesn't really have good cardio, he just outlasted Jake Collier. He doesn't have the craziest power for a heavyweight, he KOed lhw Pauga. I cannot be confident because he somehow keeps winning, but although he's improving he's not very skilled or athletic. Like someone else mentioned he has bad balance, he overswings on punches and charges for blast doubles with his head down. 

Now that I'm done venting, I have nothing against him personally so I hate saying this, but I keep waiting for him to lose because he doesn't look good in any of his wins. But his last win was his best performance yet so maybe he will keep improving and surprise me. 
Kermit
Kermit
  • Predictions:  1,049  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  580
  • Post Score: 163

03.23.2024 | 4:18 PM ET

Ogden vs. Holobaugh

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1966th

Canada sent it's own Achilles into the fire against the Haitian Sensation and got finished. Canadian men just went 0-2 on the Bellator Main Card. Canadian men went 0-7 on the UFC Canada Card. Is Trey Ogden, who lost to the impenetrable Jordan Levitt (who was since "teabagged" by Pimblett) really gonna change Canada's fate against a dog like Holobaugh? Probably, because I've bet on the c**t.
VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,051  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,387
  • Post Score: 223

03.23.2024 | 4:19 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2749th

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!