Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Song vs. Gutierrez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,451
  • Post Score: 47

09.15.2023 | 12:44 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Yadong Song   defeats   Chris Gutierrez   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Khalil Rountree Jr.   defeats   Anthony Smith   via KO/TKO, Uppercut-left Hook Combo   0:56 Round 3 of 3, 10:56 Total Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   Jamie Mullarkey   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Elliott   defeats   Sumudaerji   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Jun Yong Park   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Jousset   defeats   Kenan Song   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hyun Sung Park   defeats   Shannon Ross   via KO/TKO, Liver Shot to Ground Strikes   3:59 Round 2 of 3, 8:59 Total Bout Page
Steve Garcia   defeats   Melquizael Costa   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:01 Round 2 of 3, 6:01 Total Bout Page
Luana Santos   defeats   Stephanie Egger   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Carlos Hernandez   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   0:55 Round 2 of 3, 5:55 Total Bout Page
Talita Alencar   defeats   Rayanne Amanda   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 21

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  13,016  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,265
  • Post Score: 189

12.09.2023 | 3:49 PM ET

psysico

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1362nd

Gutierrez is a good leg kick, but he was dropped and heavy schooled by Munhoz (Gutierrez toughest fight at day). Yadong is about to make his way to the Top 5 and he destroys Simon in his last Main Event fight. If Gutierrez got dropped, Song gonna capitalize this moment unlike Pedro. 

"Moicano Wants Money!"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,121
  • Post Score: 137

12.09.2023 | 4:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3966th

Smith vs. Rountree Jr.
Anthony Smith, SUB, R2
Rountree doesn't have a great tank and is a fish out of water if he's not on his feet***(edit: spelling).

Sumudaerji vs. Elliott
Tim Elliott, DEC
Elliot is getting up there in age and this is a quick turn around on short notice, but I just don't think Su is well rounded enough to get this done. Elliot has a great chin so Su will have to cause some clean damage early.

Haqparast vs. Mullarkey
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
A fairly even fight but Nasrat has a volume and speed advantage on top of solid TDD.

Muniz vs. Park
Jun Yong Park, TKO, R3
I might be making a homer pick here because I'm a huge Iron Turtle fan, but Muniz only has about 5 solid minutes in him. He's extremely dangerous in those first 5 minutes, but if Park his smart he will take his time and slowly break Muniz with his crisp boxing.

Song vs. Jousset
Kenan Song, TKO, R2
Song has good power and I just think Jousset is still a bit green.

Park vs. Ross
Hyun Sung Park, SUB, R2
Park should win this with his grappling pretty easily. Ross is not a UFC level fighter.

Garcia vs. Costa
Melquizael Costa, TKO, R2
I think Melk can win this fight however he wants. His muay tai is awesome and he's got some good offensive submissions as welll.

Taira vs. Hernandez
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R3
I don't think Hernandez has the grappling to hang with Taira.

* Edited at 12.09.2023, 4:10 PM ET *

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,121
  • Post Score: 137

12.09.2023 | 4:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3966th

Song vs. Gutierrez
Yadong Song, DEC
Song has a clear speed advantage but Guti is hard to hit. Better matchup than its being given credit for.

Segador80
Segador80
  • Predictions:  966  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  494
  • Post Score: 52

12.09.2023 | 4:09 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 2929th

Has everyone forgot the time Park blatantly robbed Anders?
Ufcbet
Ufcbet
  • Predictions:  618  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 57

12.09.2023 | 4:41 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1054th

For my fellas who got slam K.O twice last week Here a way to up your bankroll 

(Less to most conf)
O’Neil Aldana Garbrandt
Costa Garry Pimmblet
Taira Park Shavka

"Leave no stone unturned, Son…watch tape!"

APOF
APOF
  • Predictions:  625  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 133

12.09.2023 | 4:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 2841st

Song vs. Gutierrez
Yadong Song, TKO, R3
Impressed with Guitierrez balls here. This is a fight that very few would accept. With that being said though I just don’t see how he wins. To start off Gutierrez has some spectacular leg kicks. The accuracy and precision is very impressive, he tears up the calf effortlessly. This is shown in most all of his ufc fights. Specifically in his most recent outing and the Andre Ewell bout. In fact his whole lower half is his best asset. That knee KO of old man Edgar being a good example. With that being said he has several weaknesses. One of the most notable being his struggle with pressure. When guys put him on the back foot with constant pressure with the hands he struggles. The Pedro Munhoz fight showed this in spades. He was tentative and was not comfortable at all. That brings me to another weakness, the hands aren’t that great. Not awful at all but certainly not as good as his kicks. As I recall from his last bout it was about 75% kicks. That isn’t bad persay but that brings me to Song. He’s so impressive. Fast, accurate, tight and freaky powerful. He improves every fight too. His biggest weakness was most definitely takedown defense but he’s improved that so much to now where Ricky Simon didn’t have much success at all trying to get him down. His timing is also something to behold. He sees everything coming and has outstanding head movement when he uses it. Sandhagen struggled at times to get to him, he’s that good. Now it sounds like I’m glazing because I am. But this dude will be a champion. I think Chris will have some leg kick success as he does but when Song gets to him once it’ll scare him off. And In my opinion will end in a knockout. Most likely after the 1st round

Smith vs. Rountree Jr.
Khalil Rountree Jr., DEC
This is a tricky one because you just don’t know with Khalil. You either get the aggressive, powerful and nasty Khalil. Or the Khalil that doesn’t show up or gets finished on the ground. I think here he’s gonna take advantage of Anthony Smith’s fall off. He’s not an absolute shell of what he was, but I don’t think he has much left in the tank. I think Spann won that last fight and Anthony seems to get slower every fight. With that being said Khalil could get taken down where Smith has a decided advantage. If not tho, I’ll take Khalil with the 30-27 29-28 UD

Sumudaerji vs. Elliott
Tim Elliott, SUB, R3
Pretty cut and dry for me here. Su has failed to improve his main weakness. That being his horrendous grappling. His striking is sharp and powerful but that means nothing if you can’t defend a double leg. Or anything for that matter. Elliot is still hanging in there with the same old skill set that has worked forever for him. I think the pace will break Su down and eventually lock in the sub. Su has a knockout chance but I have my doubts

Haqparast vs. Mullarkey
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
I know the term “mid” gets thrown around a lot. But this is the best example of such I’ve seen. I think this will be a fairly entertaining fight as most Mullarkey fights are. But besides that I don’t think it’ll be anything special. I see Nasrat catching a UD victory

Muniz vs. Park
Jun Yong Park, TKO, R3
What a fall from grace Muniz has had. I had belief he’d be a very good middleweight. But he’s done nothing but disappoint and has gotten exposed has a fairly one dimensional fighter with a weak gas tank. Park on the other hand has great momentum and is improving. He’s a grinder with outstanding cardio and has an incredibly well rounded skill set. I see him surviving the first round pretty easy, then going onto dominate when Muniz is tired

LevelUpMultimedia
LevelUpMultimedia
  • Predictions:  12  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 40

12.09.2023 | 4:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1697th

Muniz vs. Park
André Muniz, SUB, R2
Prediction: Outcome 1: Muniz wins by submission in the second round. If he can take Park to the ground, he could dominate with his superior grappling. Confidence level: 70%. Outcome 2: Park wins by decision. If Park can keep the fight standing and utilize his striking while effectively defending against takedowns, he might outpoint Muniz over the rounds. Confidence level: 30%. The key to this fight will be whether Park can keep the fight standing and how well Muniz can implement his ground game. Muniz's chances increase significantly if he manages to take the fight to the mat early.

Song vs. Jousset
Kenan Song, TKO, R1
Outcome 1: Song wins by knockout in the first or second round. His striking power gives him a significant advantage, particularly if he can keep the fight standing. Confidence level: 65%. Outcome 2: Jousset wins by decision or late stoppage. If Jousset can survive the early onslaught and leverage a more diverse skill set, he could outlast Song and secure a win. Confidence level: 35%. The fight's direction will likely be determined by Song's ability to land significant strikes early and Jousset's capacity to handle the pressure and potentially take the fight to the ground or endure to the later rounds.

Park vs. Ross
Hyun Sung Park, TKO, R1
Prediction: Considering the odds and the fighters' styles and records, Hyun Sung Park is predicted to win, most likely by KO/TKO​​. Park's ability to switch between striking and grappling effectively could be the key factor in overcoming Ross's striking prowess.

Taira vs. Hernandez
Tatsuro Taira, DEC
Prediction: The fight is likely to be competitive, with both fighters having strengths in different areas. However, Taira's superior grappling and higher striking accuracy give him an edge. Hernandez's aggressive striking could pose a challenge, but Taira's technical proficiency might help him control the fight. Tatsuro Taira is predicted to win, likely by decision. His ability to manage the pace of the fight and capitalize on his grappling skills could be the key to securing the victory​​. The bout will be an intriguing clash of styles, with Taira's technical prowess matched against Hernandez's scrappy and aggressive approach.

Amanda vs. Alencar
Rayanne Amanda, DEC
Prediction: This fight is expected to showcase a blend of striking and grappling, with both fighters having their respective strengths. Amanda's experience and striking ability could give her an edge in stand-up exchanges, while Alencar's grappling prowess and power could make her formidable in close-range combat. The fight could be highly competitive, but Amanda's experience and recent form suggest she might have a slight advantage. The prediction is Rayanne Amanda might win, likely by decision, leveraging her striking ability and experience to control the pace of the fight​​.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,472  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,627
  • Post Score: 89

12.09.2023 | 4:58 PM ET

@segador how is that relevant to this matchup tho? If anything, it makes me more confident in park knowing he stuffed 17 takedowns from anders. If Muniz struggles to get takedowns early he will gas out badly 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,889
  • Post Score: 115

12.09.2023 | 5:01 PM ET

Song - Gutierrez

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 4037th

Call me crazy but I think Gutierrez COULD pull this off if it becomes a tit for tat match and he’s conditioned enough to go 5 rounds. I have Song winning nonetheless but if he doesn’t pressure Gutierrez the whole fight things could get interesting. 

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,599
  • Post Score: 261

12.09.2023 | 5:13 PM ET

Tonight losers

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 847th

* Edited at 12.09.2023, 5:13 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Dstone
Dstone
  • Predictions:  470  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  173
  • Post Score: 70

12.09.2023 | 5:16 PM ET

This card is less exciting then the oktagon card ): im throwing some spice on single pick dogs

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 2228th

"ZAZAAAAA"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,391  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,450
  • Post Score: 135

12.09.2023 | 5:16 PM ET

For the GLORY but mostly the marbles.

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 2629th

Cool Caption

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.09.2023 | 5:27 PM ET

Judges got the fight right, Park did beat Anders as he did more damage in 2 out of 3 rounds. 

So many people don’t know the scoring criteria  and cry robbery, damage trumps all.

* Edited at 12.09.2023, 5:28 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,472  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,627
  • Post Score: 89

12.09.2023 | 5:35 PM ET

Yeah anders just whiffed takedowns the whole fight and gassed out after round 1. Was a horrible perfomance by him

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,158  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,612
  • Post Score: 207

12.09.2023 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 917th

Jesus why does this card start so late ? 

I don't know if I will be able to watch the entire thing. I hope the fights go quick and the UFC doesn't pad to much time in between fights.

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Kylesid
Kylesid
  • Predictions:  2,192  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  243
  • Post Score: 256

12.09.2023 | 5:38 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 429th

When does the card start?

"This is the power of street knowledge"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,745
  • Post Score: 127

12.09.2023 | 5:40 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2336th

Every time I watch the Anders v Park fight I change my mind on who won so 'robbery' might not be the most apt description for that match.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.09.2023 | 5:41 PM ET

In 2 hour, 

"Quack quack quack"

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  3,019  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

12.09.2023 | 5:42 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 917th

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,885  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,624
  • Post Score: -69

12.09.2023 | 5:44 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2094th

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB