Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Allen vs. Craig

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,380
  • Post Score: 47

06.01.2023 | 10:15 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.18.2023 at 02:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Paul Felder, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Brendan Allen   defeats   Paul Craig   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:38 Round 3 of 5, 10:38 Total Bout Page
Michael Morales   defeats   Jake Matthews   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Jordan Leavitt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Payton Talbott   defeats   Nick Aguirre   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:58 Round 3 of 3, 10:58 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Luana Pinheiro   via KO/TKO, Spinning Wheel Kick and Punches   3:53 Round 3 of 3, 13:53 Total Bout Page
Myktybek Orolbai   defeats   Uros Medic   via Submission, Neck Crank   4:12 Round 2 of 3, 9:12 Total Bout Page
Joanderson Brito   defeats   Jonathan Pearce   via Submission, Ninja Choke   3:54 Round 2 of 3, 8:54 Total Bout Page
Jose Johnson   defeats   Chad Anheliger   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:49 Round 3 of 3, 14:49 Total Bout Page
Christian Leroy Duncan   defeats   Denis Tiuliulin   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows   4:24 Round 2 of 3, 9:24 Total Bout Page
Mick Parkin   defeats   Caio Machado   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jeka Saragih   defeats   Lucas Alexander   via KO/TKO, Right Hook and Punches   1:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ailin Perez   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nikolas Motta   vs.   Trey Ogden   Ends in a No Contest, Premature Stoppage   3:11 Round 3 of 3, 13:11 Total Bout Page
Rafael Estevam   defeats   Charles Johnson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

mick420
mick420
  • Predictions:  489  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  203
  • Post Score: -154

11.17.2023 | 8:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2823rd

Leavitt vs. Hooper
Chase Hooper
Chase Hooper is set to embarrass Jordan Leavitt in the octagon – Leavitt's skill set is so painfully lacking that it's like watching a wannabe fighter attempt to mimic the pros. Hooper will effortlessly expose Leavitt's incompetence, and anyone putting their money on Leavitt must have a profound misunderstanding of the fight game. Betting on a guy like Leavitt against Hooper is a surefire way to flush your money down the drain.

mick420
mick420

11.17.2023 | 8:46 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Matthews vs. Morales
Michael Morales
Michael Morales is poised to make Jake Matthews regret sharing the same ring – Matthews' skill level is so abysmal that it's like witnessing a rookie attempt to challenge a seasoned veteran. Morales will undoubtedly expose Matthews' lack of talent, and anyone foolish enough to put their money on Matthews is as clueless about the fight game as Matthews is in the octagon. Prepare for a one-sided beatdown because Morales is in a different class altogether.

mick420
mick420

11.17.2023 | 8:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Allen vs. Craig
Brendan Allen
Brendan Allen is about to make Paul Craig regret even thinking he belongs in the same league – Craig's skill set is so laughably inadequate that it's like watching an amateur try to emulate a real fighter. Allen will expose Craig's lack of talent, and anyone foolish enough to bet on Craig is clearly as misguided as Craig is in the octagon. Betting against Allen in this matchup would be a textbook example of throwing money away – something Paul Craig seems all too familiar with.

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,382
  • Post Score: 135

11.17.2023 | 9:07 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3387th

Mick what version if Mac OS are you running on?

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,640
  • Post Score: 108

11.17.2023 | 10:06 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 965th

@SJB02 

Fading Leavitt means I'm on the side of the pre-teen titan Chase Hooper

* Edited at 11.17.2023, 10:06 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,672  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  209
  • Post Score: 92

11.17.2023 | 10:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 883rd

Johnson vs. Estevam
Charles Johnson, DEC
I liked what I saw from Estevam on the Contender Series, but I question how he performs at the UFC level. Johnson has more experience against better opposition, probably better striking, and a more proven gas tank. In terms of activity, there's also some red flags; Estevam hasn't fought in over a year, while Johnson has fought four times in about the same period. There's still a lot of questions about Estevam's cardio, striking and wrestling, on top of the fact he missed weight by three lbs. As much as I worry about Johnson's ability to lose close fights, and his struggles with being controlled, I just don't feel comfortable backing unproven Brazilians--- especially not when they're the favorite against the more proven veteran (re:Maness/Mendonca). I'm going to be optimistic here: Johnson has never been finished, performs well later in fights, and has the style to neutralize a guy like Estevam. All of that in mind, there's more value on Johnson as the underdog, and I'm picking him to win by decision.

"We are all one"

Hank The Tank
Hank The Tank
  • Predictions:  378  |  76.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 80

11.17.2023 | 10:54 PM ET

Spamming Your Messages

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4313th

@mick420 
You pulled the "is about to make so-and-so regret" and "people foolish enough to bet on such-and-such" cards twice now. The more you make those statements, the less we believe you.  
unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,672  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  209
  • Post Score: 92

11.17.2023 | 10:56 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 883rd

@Hank The Tank 
I think they're just using ChatGPT to write these. That's why it's so redundant.

"We are all one"

Odin25
Odin25
  • Predictions:  188  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: -30

11.18.2023 | 4:10 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 574th

It's absolutely sure chat gpt texts and i hate it. I wake up, refresh this page and see 2 new pages, want to read people opinions, but what do i see? Just the guy that discovered "ai" and posting this garbage in all event threads. 
mick420
mick420

11.18.2023 | 4:33 AM ET

Nah I wrote all those fight breakdowns all by myself. Better luck next time liars.
Twocuprob19
Twocuprob19
  • Predictions:  179  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

11.18.2023 | 5:13 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3848th

Medic vs. Orolbai
Uros Medic, TKO, R2
I’m

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  442  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  344
  • Post Score: 57

11.18.2023 | 5:23 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 510 Points   |   2135th Place

@mick420 
I have been on Ribas side all week, even locked the picks in, I just can't anymore. Head kick, step in elbow, wild right hand, if anything lands on her chin...I hope she thinks long and hard about her options in life :( How do you think she will win specifically?
Vinicius M
Vinicius M
  • Predictions:  9,558  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 29

11.18.2023 | 5:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1744th

Alexander vs. Saragih
Lucas Alexander, DEC
Vejo favoritismo para o lado do Lucas. Acredito que a luta será desenrolada na trocação… diante disso, um Lucas é um striker mais técnico e polido do que o Jeka. Porém, o Saragih pode levar perigo ao brasileiro, principalmente no ground and pound.

"Sem disciplina, o talento não serve pra nada."

Vinicius M
Vinicius M
  • Predictions:  9,558  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 29

11.18.2023 | 5:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1744th

Ribas vs. Pinheiro
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Leve favoritismo para a Amandinha. Isso, por conta de uma maior experiência e rodagem.

"Sem disciplina, o talento não serve pra nada."

ExpertAnalyst
ExpertAnalyst
  • Predictions:  563  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 58

11.18.2023 | 5:57 AM ET

@unoshowtenuno - Estevam

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 3469th

@unoshowtenuno 
Weight miss like that usually benefits the person that missed the weight though.
ArneK
ArneK
  • Predictions:  3,289  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  134
  • Post Score: 114

11.18.2023 | 6:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3395th

Allen vs. Craig
Brendan Allen, TKO, R1
Allen with good enough grappling to not get subbed by Bearjew and good enough striking to crack him and get the finish. If he can throw them hands like last time against Silva its gonna be a quick night and thats what Im counting on.

Matthews vs. Morales
Michael Morales, DEC
Matthews can be a little bit all over the place with his performances and its up to Morales to show that he is the prospect he gets marketed as. I think Morales has the wrestling to stop Matthews grappling and then win a decision on the feet..

Leavitt vs. Hooper
Jordan Leavitt, DEC
Same theme as the main event. Leavitt good enough grappler to not get subbed by Askrens son and good enough striking to kickbox a dec.

Talbott vs. Aguirre
Payton Talbott, TKO, R2
Dont know the dudes to well here. Going with the young favorite, seems to have power in them hands and hope we get to see it.

Ribas vs. Pinheiro
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Ribas on another level? Met way tougher opposition and been competing at a higher weight class.

Medic vs. Orolbai
Uros Medic, TKO, R1
Medic is a wild man and I guess he gets it done here unless this other guy is the next Shavkat coming in here or something. Should be a wild one since both seem to like finish quickly.

Pearce vs. Brito
Jonathan Pearce, DEC
This one is a banger right here! Brito is wild and dangerous but I think JSP is to well rounded and can use his control in the wrestling tire out Brito and get in some more impact over 3 rounds. Britos chance is to crack him with a hard one.

Anheliger vs. Johnson
Jose Johnson, TKO, R2
The size difference should get Johnson the W here.

Duncan vs. Tiuliulin
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
Lets go CLD. Fun prospect right here. Maybe dont go too crazy with the flashy stuff and tire out. He should be able to finish Tiuliulin here but he is tough and not afraid to scrap.

Parkin vs. Machado
Mick Parkin, TKO, R1
Parkins boxing looked sharp last time. He will find that chin of Bigfoot and then night night.

Alexander vs. Saragih
Lucas Alexander, TKO, R1
Luke should get this, if I remember correct he got some sweet kickboxing.

Pudilová vs. Perez
Lucie Pudilová, DEC
Pudilova grinding out a decision here. She got the size on Perez and if Perez had trouble with the weight she might tire. Pudilova mixing in her clinch work with some kickboxing winning a slow decision classic style.

Motta vs. Ogden
Nikolas Motta, TKO, R1
Motta got finished bad last time but now his time to deal out some punishment?

Johnson vs. Estevam
Charles Johnson, DEC
Estevam struggling with the weight. Can Johnson exploit that and tire him out with the wrestling and grind out a dec?

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  442  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  344
  • Post Score: 57

11.18.2023 | 6:03 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 510 Points   |   2135th Place

@Vinicius M 
I would prefer Amanda to win, than for me to win my bet. Who does she fight next? Is it worth the damage. She is a warrior, she loves this sport, I understand. Maybe she could have some fun at PFL.
DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,627  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 139

11.18.2023 | 6:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1993rd

Allen vs. Craig
Brendan Allen, TKO, R2
Craig is terrible besides his guard pulling submissions. His striking and defense is terrible too. Allen should work this guy and then knock him out fairly easily. If Allen goes to the ground with him, things will get interesting.

Matthews vs. Morales
Michael Morales, TKO, R2
Morales will get Matthews down and finish him with ground and pound.

Leavitt vs. Hooper
Jordan Leavitt, DEC
Monkey King will implement takedowns and just be stronger here. Will be a close one though.

Talbott vs. Aguirre
Payton Talbott, TKO, R2
Talbott is a bright prospect. He wins this however he wants.

Ribas vs. Pinheiro
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Pinheiro isn't good besides her power. She could catch Ribas but I doubt it.

Medic vs. Orolbai
Uros Medic, TKO, R1
Medic will catch him with something early on.

Pearce vs. Brito
Jonathan Pearce, DEC
Pearce will be in danger early but as this fight goes on I think he takes over and just works the gassed Brito.

Anheliger vs. Johnson
Jose Johnson, DEC
Johnson wins this because Chad isn't UFC caliber.

Duncan vs. Tiuliulin
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
Should be a quick knockout for Duncan. Denis can bring it but he can't take the heat.

Parkin vs. Machado
Mick Parkin, TKO, R1
Machado is the worst fighter on the UFC roster. He didn't deserve a DWCS contract. Parkin will ground and pound him.

Alexander vs. Saragih
Lucas Alexander, TKO, R1
Jeka will push the pace early and Alexander will catch him with a counter punch.

Pudilová vs. Perez
Ailin Perez, DEC
Perez will win a close decision.

Motta vs. Ogden
Nikolas Motta, TKO, R2
I'll never pick Ogden in a fight and I actually think Motta is pretty good besides his chin so I'll roll with him. Motta has crazy power too. Ogden is just terrible.

Johnson vs. Estevam
Rafael Estevam, DEC
Estevam will just keep taking Johnson down and win a pretty close decision.

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,492  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  840
  • Post Score: 98

11.18.2023 | 6:32 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1072nd

This time I take all favourites by tapology
  • Predictions:  74  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 467

11.18.2023 | 6:39 AM ET

@Vandal 
why??

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC matchmaker sends emphatic message to prospects hoping to get noticed and signed 
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC FPI 7 Highlights, Streaming Results | Rod vs. Fowler
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Robert Valentin | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Guillermo Torres | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Mairon Alves | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Mania : Strickland Claims ‘Pea Brain’ Paulo Has ‘Yet To Sign Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury calls father John ‘a promoter’s dream’ after viral headbutt on Oleksandr Usyk team
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland says Paulo Costa yet to sign UFC 302 contract: 'You're being a weak f*cking man'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘No harm intended’: John Fury reacts to headbutt at press event
  • MMA Junkie : Rafael dos Anjos requests to be removed from UFC lightweight rankings, eyes welterweight return in July
  • MMAFighting.com : Till targets quick knockout of Chavez Jr., then plans ‘to bring influencer boxing to an end’
  • MMA Mania : Respect Me Like You Respect O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till targets quick knockout of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., then plans ‘to bring influencer boxing to an end’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov announced for UFC Louisville main event
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • UFC.com : Themba Gorimbo Is Focused On What He Can Control
  • MMA Junkie : Aspen Ladd: Nobody in UFC bantamweight division will beat Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Dos Anjos (Finally) Done With Lightweight