Topic: UFC 282

UFC 282: Błachowicz vs. Ankalaev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,259
  • Post Score: 47

08.16.2022 | 9:21 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 282
  • Saturday 12.10.2022 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,409,511
  • Attendance: 18,455
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 769k avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jan Błachowicz   vs.   Magomed Ankalaev   Ends in a Draw, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Paddy Pimblett   defeats   Jared Gordon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Santiago Ponzinibbio   defeats   Alex Morono   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   2:29 Round 3 of 3, 12:29 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:43 Round 3 of 3, 12:43 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Bryce Mitchell   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:10 Round 2 of 3, 8:10 Total Bout Page
Raul Rosas Jr.   defeats   Jay Perrin   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jairzinho Rozenstruik   defeats   Chris Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Edmen Shahbazyan   defeats   Dalcha Lungiambula   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee and Punches   4:41 Round 2 of 3, 9:41 Total Bout Page
Chris Curtis   defeats   Joaquin Buckley   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground Strikes   2:49 Round 2 of 3, 7:49 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Alexander Hernandez   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:30 Round 2 of 3, 9:30 Total Bout Page
TJ Brown   defeats   Erik Silva   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:41 Round 3 of 3, 13:41 Total Bout Page
Cameron Saaiman   defeats   Steven Koslow   via KO/TKO, Knees and Uppercuts (standing TKO)   4:13 Round 3 of 3, 14:13 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 47

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

12.10.2022 | 4:08 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 857th

I think it a fun card, Mitchell vs Topuria, Dricus, Ponzinibo, Paddy

Only fight I think be boring is the main event because Magimed hate fun, but is really good

"Quack quack quack"

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

12.10.2022 | 4:10 PM ET

Jessup

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1392nd

Ik Bruhda, but its still kinda funny that the only KO/TKO loss on his UFC record is vs a Wrestler in Kamaru Usman, I mean Kamaru is a dirty and smart fighter thats for sure (dirty cause faking eye pokes and nut shots, also cage grabbing) 
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

12.10.2022 | 4:12 PM ET

Duck

You better not say that or my initial prediction might come true that Anka demolishes Jan and after that demolition Jan retires
andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,142  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,299
  • Post Score: 81

12.10.2022 | 4:13 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3855th

A lot of fights that are very hard to predict. I think Buckley,Dalcha,Mitchell,Till,Morono all very live.
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,020  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

12.10.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2032nd

@420

All the events are good enough (we are funs and we like the game...) ... just happens some of them being much more better and other even more - excellent... !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

GregT
GregT
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  190
  • Post Score: 53

12.10.2022 | 4:21 PM ET

Gotta say i love the banter here. Made me laugh out loud a few times.

* Edited at 12.10.2022, 4:21 PM ET *

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

12.10.2022 | 4:23 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2216th

So the two hardest matchups to predict are probably Till vs Du Plessis and Topuria vs Mitchell. I am going to pick Till very hesitantly cause I do think if it is mostly on the feet, it won't be that close, and Du Plessis is going to have to make it dirty. I think Topuria is too well-rounded for Mitchell. Mitchell did hurt Barboza, but it was more of because he was levels ahead of Barboza in the grappling department, so it helped set up his hands. He won't be able to set up his hands like that against Topuria cause Topuria has phenomenal grappling 
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,477  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,826
  • Post Score: 141

12.10.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1147th

Błachowicz vs. Ankalaev
Magomed Ankalaev, SUB, R3
Dropping some late picks. I feel pretty confident about my picks on this card so here's hoping! This should be a close fight, but I don't think it will be. Jan looked injured to me in his Glover fight and you don't get better from those as you get older. His last wins have not been as impressive in hind sight (Reyes looks shot, Adesanya is a MW, Rockhold was injured etc) and if he gets put on his back he is done. I expect a bit of a point striking game then at some point Ankalaev will take him down and then its going to be over.

Pimblett vs. Gordon
Paddy Pimblett, SUB, R2
I think with this fight you have to read into the narrative. Why did Paddy pick Jared out of everyone? He hand picke him. And the UFC would not kill their cash cow at this stage, they want him to be the next Conor. Paddy was talking about how he has submitted Jared twice in the past, and I agree there is no reason for him to lie. I know Jared is a Danaher brown belt and should be more than decent on the ground, but Paddy obviously sees something in this match up. He isn't lining up to fight Topuria thats for sure. My main worry is Paddy's take down defence, but maybe that's where he wants the fight anyway. I just can't think that they would give him a fight he is going to lose and with the story that he knows how to submit Jared already I am going for that angle.

Ponzinibbio vs. Morono
Santiago Ponzinibbio, DEC
I do worry about Ponzinibbio. He is defintely not the same fighter he was before he almost died with sepsis. That's not surprising. And Morono keeps upsetting my picks when I pick against him. But on short notice at a catch weight and knowing that Morono now spends a lot of time coaching instead of fighting I have to take Ponzinibbio here.

Till vs. Du Plessis
Dricus Du Plessis, DEC
Till is a counter striker, and that worries me against DDP who has horrific striking defence. But he does seem durable and I don't think Till has the KO power we once thought he did. And I know he trains with Khamzat but I think DDP can take him down and if he does he will dominate on the ground. Also the volume, Till has some of the worst striking volume in the UFC. So unless he drops DDP coming in he will either get out volumed or out grappled. Also looked horrible on the scales, is always injured and is coming back from a massive lay off while being distracted with his NFT business. None of which bode well for a win here.

Mitchell vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R1
This one... this one is going to change a lot of peoples minds once it is done. I see a lot of people thinking Bryce will win. Personally I do not think this fight will be competetive. For the last 2 years I have been banging on about how Islam Makhachev is another level and that most people don't realise it yet. And he proved that. Similarly I think most people don't realise who or what Topuria is either. In my humble opinion he will be champion soon. And I think he destroys Bryce everywhere. Striking is not even close. Wrestling is better. I even think his grappling is better. As for the cardio concerns, he took the Zalal fight on short notice and was unwell prior to coming in for the fight but still took it. I think he personally has good cardio for how he fights. And the Jai Herbert fight which everyone is talking about, up a weight class with a massive size disadvantage. And he overcame adversity to win that in devastating fashion. I really really like Bryce Mitchell. But I think he is outclassed here. And I think after today people are going to start to realize who Topuria is. If I am wrong about this then I will admit it. But I don't think I am.

Perrin vs. Rosas Jr.
Raul Rosas Jr., DEC
I really like Rosas Jrs grappling. What worries me is how he gets it to the ground. If he can manage that he wins. If it stays on the feet he loses. Also the UFC would not take a risk with someone of his age, can you imagine the backlash if something happened to him? They are giving him a fight they very well know he can win, and I think he will.

Rozenstruik vs. Daukaus
Jairzinho Rozenstruik, TKO, R2
Chris Daukas should not be fighting at MW. And he has no chin. Thats all.

Shahbazyan vs. Lungiambula
Edmen Shahbazyan, TKO, R1
I actually like Dalcha. I think he could have had potential if he got to the UFC earlier. But he is old. And off the juice he was on in the regionals he is not as good. Edmen is going to be improving all the time and has already had enough losses to learn what to do, and they were against really really good levels of competition. I think he takes out the aging Dalcha here.

Curtis vs. Buckley
Joaquin Buckley, DEC
I have picked Curitis in every single one of his wins, including his first where no one even gave him a chance. But I think he got found out against Hermansson. Unless you engage him in a brawl in the pocket he does not have the footwork to track you down. And he is vulnerable to kicks. Guess who has great kicks and is very mobile? Joaquin Buckley

Quarantillo vs. Hernandez
Billy Quarantillo, SUB, R3
Alex is dangerous in round 1, but after that he falls off a cliff and coming down a weight class is not going to help. I also think he gives up when faced with adversity and we all know that BillyQ brings the pace, volume and pressure. I see a late round finish if he can survive round 1

Silva vs. Brown
TJ Brown, DEC
I don't know what to make of this fight. Silva has not faced the same level of competition, but I don't think the LUX fighting league is too bad. And he has looked good doing it. TJ is just not that good in my opinion and needed Krause to keep him on track. But he does have good wrestling and good BJJ which is what makes me think this fight will be closer than it would otherwise. If Silva can't get it down what happens. I don't know. But I guess we will find out.

Saaiman vs. Koslow
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R2
They both look like good prospects, and I think Koslows submission skills are good. But I think Saaiman could really be the real deal here

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

12.10.2022 | 4:27 PM ET

In Topuria vs Mitchell it all comes down how smart Bryce can be while fighting a very tough opposition. Because Topuria is kinda like Jan but better in grappling, he is that murderous guy who will put you to sleep if you catch his hand with your chin, but there is also a big submission threat aswell. Potential FOTN, and probably one of the closest bouts on this card. Maybe Bryce will put his camo shorts into good use to fool Topuria 

* Edited at 12.10.2022, 4:27 PM ET *

FleXtradamus
FleXtradamus
  • Predictions:  688  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  56
  • Post Score: 79

12.10.2022 | 4:29 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4170th

Mitchell vs. Topuria
Bryce Mitchell, TKO, R3
Bryce Mitchell gives emotional post-fight interview about never giving up and always believing in yourself

Curtis vs. Buckley
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R3
Curtis controls the fight for the majority but might get caught up in a firefight going in to the last round

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

12.10.2022 | 4:32 PM ET

I do have one concern about Topuira. I think he has a streak of recklessness and arrogance. He knows how good he is, and he does not think that anyone can beat him. So he wants to show his dominance and tries to beat them at what they do best.

This is what got him into trouble with Herbert, he tried to beat him in striking. And no one goes to the ground with Ryan Hall, but guess who did.

I like the confidence, but I don't like the arrogance. I think this is the one thing that will get him into trouble today.

Personally because of this I expect him to try to take Bryce down and grapple with him. I think he ends up getting a TKO but instead of taking the easy path to victory of keeping it on the feet and outstriking Bryce I think he will do the opposite.

That is the only thing that worries me, though I think he is more than capable of staying safe and even winning on the ground.
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

12.10.2022 | 4:36 PM ET

RustyTennakoon

Im on Topuria's hypetrain but the things you point out are exact reason why Topuria might never become a UFC champion especially when the champion's name is Alexander Volkanovski who's basicly untouchable
LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt
  • Predictions:  1,881  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  101
  • Post Score: 33

12.10.2022 | 4:36 PM ET

Bryce will get destroyed for sure, sadly for him cuz he's a great guy

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 555 Points   |   1076th Place

I really don't see how Bryce even survives in this fight, other than stalling somehow, maybe clinching for dear life or holding on to Ilia's leg. I'm happy Ilia got this easy fight where he has nothing to lose due to Bryce being high in the rankings and being absolutely no threat to him, he will take 0 damage even if the 0.000000000001% miracle of him losing to Mitchell presents itself

"Rankings and records ain't nothing but numbers used as a marketing tool, they don't reflect the true level of abilities "

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt
  • Predictions:  1,881  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  101
  • Post Score: 33

12.10.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

Jan Blachowicz will win

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 555 Points   |   1076th Place

I have the feeling Jan will do exceptionally well in this fight, but he will end up being robbed in the decision, or something strange will happen that will rob him of the win. If that's the case, i hope he gets an immediate rematch, cause he's one of the few fighters that can give Ankalaev problems, who is the boogeyman of the division and is a bad matchup for 99% of 205'ers

"Rankings and records ain't nothing but numbers used as a marketing tool, they don't reflect the true level of abilities "

andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,142  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,299
  • Post Score: 81

12.10.2022 | 4:41 PM ET

Hope Mitchell wins

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3855th

Gotta say was back and forth with the pick, but outstanding cardio for Mitchell (he shows it again and again). Just hope he plays it smart and avoids big risks especially in 1st and 2nd and works his way to a Dec win.

* Edited at 12.10.2022, 4:41 PM ET *

Granch
Granch
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 127

12.10.2022 | 4:42 PM ET

Curtis vs Buckley

I love these guys. Masters of uncertainty. Can't wait for this one.
Zackwarlick
Zackwarlick
  • Predictions:  2,075  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 131

Tartara

I’m riding the round 2 with ya 
ThereIsNoSpoon101
ThereIsNoSpoon101
  • Predictions:  480  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 74

I hate that Mitchell and Topuria gotta fight

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4687th

But seriously, who else cant look at Quarantillo and Hernandez pictures next to each other without laughing?
Zackwarlick
Zackwarlick
  • Predictions:  2,075  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 131

12.10.2022 | 4:43 PM ET

Chris Curtis is about to crack Buckley
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

12.10.2022 | 4:44 PM ET

TLR

I agree, that fight would be one for the ages. And Volkanovski has the best footwork and ability to close range in the whole division. Volk in my opinion is the only one who could beat Topuria purely on skill in my opinion. 

I think if Topuria loses before then, it's probably due to his arrogance and over looking an opponent. I mean from what I have heard this dude is filthy rich already, similar to  Armen Tsarukyan, and he does not even need to fight. He is fighting because he likes it.

* Edited at 12.10.2022, 4:45 PM ET *

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Islam Reda vs. Adam Meskini - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Islam Reda 90% Adam Meskini 10%
  • Islam "The Egyptian Zombie" Reda (10-1-0) EG is the #37th Pro Mens Lightweight in Middle East.
  • Adam Meskini (8-2-0) IDF, FR is the #48th Pro Mens Featherweight in Europe Western.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia