Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,132
  • Post Score: 47

05.05.2022 | 1:01 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.06.2022 at 07:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Interviews: Michael Bisping | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • TV Ratings: 734,000 avg. viewers (490k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Thiago Santos   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:31 Round 4 of 5, 17:31 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Vicente Luque   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:01 Round 3 of 3, 12:01 Total Bout Page
Mohammed Usman   defeats   Zac Pauga   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   0:36 Round 2 of 3, 5:36 Total Bout Page
Juliana Miller   defeats   Brogan Walker   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:57 Round 3 of 3, 13:57 Total Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Augusto Sakai   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Erick Gonzalez   via Submission, Standing Rear Naked Choke   2:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Sam Alvey   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   1:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Takashi Sato   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Cory McKenna   defeats   Miranda Granger   via Submission, Von Flue Choke   1:03 Round 2 of 3, 6:03 Total Bout Page
Mayra Bueno Silva   defeats   Stephanie Egger   via Submission, Armbar   1:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 15

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

08.02.2022 | 8:35 AM ET

@foppa420, you brought up a very good point about Tuivasa.  It is amazing this run he is on but the one key factor for me is the fact that this is the main event of UFC Paris with the headlining French fighter.  This event reminds me of the first London card where most of the British fighters won and it was a "feel good" event so I had to go with Gane on that one.  Also, if you break them down, Gane has more ways to win than Tuivasa has as Gane does have underrated submission ability in addition to a strong chin and elite standup.  

Randy Costa... oh boy.  That kid has such raw talent but he was disappointing the last two fights.  We can give him a pass with the Yanez fight and I dunno what was wrong with him in the most recent one but I still feel he has enough power to put out Guido Cannetti.  

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

08.02.2022 | 8:40 AM ET

@JrReynolds47, I have a weird way of picking fights.  I like Jonathan Martinez, I think he is a good fighter for what he is but Cub only loses to upper tier fighters and I wouldn't place Martinez on the same level as people who have beaten Cub.  I feel that Cub will beat Martinez then he'll fight another upper tier fighter and lose. 

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,991
  • Post Score: 138

08.02.2022 | 8:41 AM ET

@JR

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1817th

Oh man, good catch. I just assumed Cub/Martinez was at 145 because Martinez has had a few fights there. Cub moving down definitely causes me to pause. Not at all sure how I feel about that one given his age. Cub is tough as hell but that weight cut, especially at the age, can and will wreck your chin. Definitely gotta sit on that one.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,991
  • Post Score: 138

08.02.2022 | 8:43 AM ET

@dep

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1817th

Yeah I think Tai has a pretty tall task in front of him walking into enemy territory against arguably the most talented heavyweight on the planet. 

Costa was my pick from your list just because you worded it "most likely to lose". I'd definitely give him a very good shot against Guido.
Goldy99
Goldy99
  • Predictions:  1,294  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 127

08.02.2022 | 9:05 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 833rd

Michal Oleksiejczuk vs Sam Alvey 
Michal Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R2 
It is 100% now becoming more stupidity from Alvey rather than bravery in my opinion getting finished now in 2 of his last 3 fights. Both fights against Spann and Un Jung gave me hope that there was a possibility to find that win he deserved. After seeing his last few performances, I haven't seen any improvements and Michal Oleksiejczuk brings it every time. I believe he will punish Alvey with a lot of body shots he enjoys to go for then finish off with ground and pound.  

* Edited at 08.02.2022, 10:31 AM ET *

SplitDecision3027
SplitDecision3027
  • Predictions:  204  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  385
  • Post Score: 107

08.02.2022 | 10:07 AM ET

@Depmode33

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 1961st

I'd say there are quite a few who could lose on that list
 Definitely not locks imo
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 1 week, 5 days, 8 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

08.02.2022 | 11:41 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

I've noticed a trend in fighters mixing their love life with work, they find a woman who trains in the gym fall in love and do everything together. This happened to Thiago Santos when he met Yana Kunikatsya (spelling.)

Most successful fighters don't mix the two togethers, it rarely works. Look at some of the most successful fighters their partners were not also fighters, they keep their relationship away from their work. 

The whole Ortega/Tracy Cortez ******** before his fight, this guy talking about street cred in his interviews and just a general *******. I see his career going down hill, also. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,584  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  943
  • Post Score: 387

08.02.2022 | 11:44 AM ET

flying_frontkick

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1512th

Yeah, yeah. Love's tricky thing in this sport, haha.
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,423
  • Post Score: 129

08.02.2022 | 12:33 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 612th

Costa v Cannetti is a fun fight. Props to whoever set that one up. Both of them look great in rd 1 (although Cannettis age is showing) and then they typically fall off a cliff.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,423
  • Post Score: 129

08.02.2022 | 1:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 612th

Some fighters are just more fun to cap than others. I never get tired of watching Vicente Luque and Bryan Barberena take a piece of one another's souls.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

08.02.2022 | 5:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 410 Points   |   Tied for 1624th

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
I'm not going to lie, I haven't watch Santos vs Walker and stop watching Santos vs Ankalaev about half way through because I was bored, Santos fights have been so boring for a long time, Don't get why he still main eventing, I'm hoping Jamahal Hill sleeps him early now, I think he will sleep him early because I just think Jamahal is not going to be scared like Rakic, Magomed and Walker and fight Santos

Luque vs. Neal
Vicente Luque, TKO, R2
Wish this was the main event, No way this fight will be boring and I wish it was 5 rounder, I'll pick Vicente as I think he be better in a brawl,

Pauga vs. Usman
Zac Pauga, DEC
Fade Nepotism

Miller vs. Walker
Brogan Walker, DEC
It's WMMA, Just pick the dog

Sakai vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R2
Sergay Spivak isn't bad, Only lose in the UFC are too Walt Harris and Tom Aspinall, With wins over Tai, Hardy, Olenik and the GOAT Vanderaa,I fell like Spivak will just expose the wresling, 

* Edited at 08.02.2022, 5:37 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Cacapoopoo
Cacapoopoo
  • Predictions:  267  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

08.02.2022 | 7:24 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2309th

• I

"Balls"

Bryson50
Bryson50
  • Predictions:  1,769  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: -24

08.02.2022 | 7:28 PM ET

Bueno vs silva

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 4019th

Like 3 days ago, wasn’t 70% of picks on bueno?
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

08.02.2022 | 7:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 410 Points   |   Tied for 1624th

Lipski vs. Cachoeira
Ariane Lipski, DEC
Both girl aren't good, I think Lipski is better, But don't know because it bad women MMA, Should be fun one tho

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R2
Why would I pick Alvey, Hasn't won in 5 years in a 9 fight span, I find it funny how he's not cut, Hope he gets slept an have another fight because he a "warrior"

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Terrance McKinney is the most dangerous fighter pound 4 pound in the UFC at the moment, He should sleep Gonzalez because he not Drew Dober and Gonzalez got slept by MIller. Don't like -1000 on McKinney, Wouldn't call a guy who gassed in 2 minutes in his last fight a "lock"

Sato vs. Battle
Bryan Battle, DEC
Shouldn't Battle just tanked Sato shot and just land hands on him, Sato is dangerous tho

Witt vs. Quinlan
Josh Quinlan, TKO, R1
Shouldn't Steroid cheat KO glass jaw, Check weigh ins, But Drug cheat will alway a drug cheat in my book,

McKenna vs. Granger
Cory McKenna, DEC
If both girls are ****, Just take the +175 dog and hope for the best

Bueno Silva vs. Egger
Mayra Bueno Silva, DEC
Should Mayra just piece up Egger on the feet, Jujita also arm bar Rose Clark, Not confendent because it's bad women fighting, Could be fun

"Quack quack quack"

AscendantMMA
AscendantMMA
  • Predictions:  75  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 175

08.02.2022 | 9:51 PM ET

UFC Fight Night Santos vs Hill - Predictions, Fight Analysis and Betting Tips

Pretty low interest card this week for us. Had a bit of an extended look into Terrence McKinney vs Erick Gonzalez (still cannot really believe this matchup is happening), Vicente Luque vs Geoff Neal and the main event between Thiago Santos vs Jamahal Hill.

Terrence McKinney vs Erick Gonzalez:
McKinney is very well rounded and holds power wherever the fight goes. Main pause on him is obviously due to the cardio dump in his last fight. Gonzalez to me is not UFC level, is completely defensively irresponsible especially moving forward. He will throw his 3-4 punch sloppy combos and hands will be around the hips and IMO will struggle with Terrence's pressure. I fully expect Terrence to throw a counter left off this and hurt Gonzalez and put him away probably early.

Vicente Luque vs Geoff Neal
Close fight here, never been super high on Geoff Neal personally, maybe it's because of the Fortis MMA relation but unsure. 3 rounds definitely favours Neal but I don't think he can stick and move + mix in takedowns to beat Luque like the blueprint. Luque is way too durable and will just move forward and pressure Neal and win exchanges in the pocket. Luque to win a close points decision.

Thiago Santos vs Jamahal Hill
Years ago, I would favour Santos to win this fight but the decline is sadly evident at this point. Seems hesitant to engage and to throw, kicks especially which is fair enough given the severity of the surgeries post Jones. I still think Santos can have a lot of success with the kicks to the lead leg of Hill. Hill's patience on the feet and his ability to win the battle of foot placement before really engaging is one of his best traits. He has great finishing instinct and Santos' comfortability with having his foot backed up against the cage will be his downfall. Hill via TKO RD

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,985  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 149

08.02.2022 | 11:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 257th

Pauga vs. Usman
Mohammed Usman, TKO, R1
zac a decisionater in fighting guys at 185 pound weight class. i dont like that

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

08.03.2022 | 12:14 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2583rd

I loved those early morning cards we had, this one starts at 4PM for me. I'm guessing everyone outside of the US has to watch this at least at like 2AM or something stupid...???

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  8,170  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,036
  • Post Score: 236

08.03.2022 | 12:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 457th

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Don't really see Santos getting KO'd but i don't know what other way this fight goes...

Luque vs. Neal
Vicente Luque, DEC
this should be a slobberknocker..

Pauga vs. Usman
Zac Pauga, TKO, R2
Usman will gas after a round and a half, finished late in round 2...

Miller vs. Walker
Juliana Miller, DEC
Taking tapology underdogs in 3 of the 4 WMMA fights on this card.... how crazy is it that this card a 1/3 of the card is chick fights.. gunna be a funky night.

Lipski vs. Cachoeira
Ariane Lipski, SUB, R2
Priscila catch-a-beating catches another beating.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R1
Sam Alvey's last ride...

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
T Wrecks smokes the Ghost Pepper.

Witt vs. Quinlan
Josh Quinlan, TKO, R1
Quinlan is my mom's parents last name... Josh should steamroll here, under 2:30 of the 1st.

McKenna vs. Granger
Miranda Granger, DEC
10 inch reach is gunna be the difference... Cory couldn't even outstrike Elise Reed of all people.

"Pound for Pound! Headshot, dead!"

PeteTsPicks
PeteTsPicks
  • Predictions:  1,802  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 11

08.03.2022 | 12:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 3756th

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
last I checked McKinney by KO/TKO was +160 ..... just sayin

"see people like us... we don't get got... we go get"

CHSfootball34
CHSfootball34
  • Predictions:  89  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 48

08.03.2022 | 2:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2233rd

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Can’t trust Santos anymore. Will take hill under -300 all day.

Luque vs. Neal
Vicente Luque, DEC
Should be a fun fight. Luque is the better overall fighter. Won’t touch this fight.

Pauga vs. Usman
Zac Pauga, TKO, R2
Usman is just not that good. -230 is good odds for Pauga.

Sakai vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R1
EZ pick

Lipski vs. Cachoeira
Ariane Lipski, DEC
Close fight. Should go to a DEC.

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R2
-900 is ridiculous. T.Wrecks may gas out again. Let’s see if he has cardio issues. I think he gets the win in the 1st, but +600 has value here. Fight not going the distance also has value here.

Sato vs. Battle
Bryan Battle, DEC
Better grappling and cardio wins this fight

Witt vs. Quinlan
Josh Quinlan, TKO, R1
Possible value on Witt here by DEC

McKenna vs. Granger
Cory McKenna, DEC
Another close fight. Pick the decision.

Bueno Silva vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, DEC
Close fight. Pick the decision.

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’