Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.27.2022 | 11:30 AM ET

My thoughts about the sport of MMA. Maybe nobody cares and I’m screaming into the void, but it’s better than talking someone’s ears off IRL. 

Responses Page 8

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 1:15 AM ET

BFL 73

Easy work for Navid Zanganeh in his MMA debut. With his type of wrestling credentials, he is certainly someone to watch out of Canada. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 10:02 AM ET

DJ

I want to go back to a time when EVERYONE knew Demetrious Johnson was better than Henry Cejudo. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 11:45 AM ET

Henry Cejudo: UFC should stop pushing Israel Adesanya: 'He hypes a lot and doesn't deliver'

MMA Junkie headline

Ironic coming from the guy who became relevant when he retired. Sounds like sour g****s to me. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 11:50 AM ET

These are the worse types of criticism. Cejudo first off is a retired successful MMA fighter. Why trash a current one. Furthermore Cejudo is criticizing a man he will never fight, because of their weight classes. He is using Adesanya for clout, and while it might be boring I rather Adesanya’s form of clout chasing, which is winning title defenses. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 11:57 AM ET

Izzy has 4 championship fight wins in the time Cejudo has been retired. As fans we have to stop giving this guy attention. His time at the top was short. So short that Izzy’s run is longer and more impressive in my opinion. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 12:37 PM ET

Say what you want about McGregor, but Fiziev hasn't even equaled what McGregor did in Cage Warriors.

By the time he was Fiziev's age, he was fighting arguably the BEST boxer of ALL-TIME!

Just like their are levels to the striking game, their are levels to the fight game and Fiziev should show more respect to McGregor than a common casual fan would.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 12:39 PM ET

Fiziev's biggest fight of his career is Saturday versus the highly decorated, overachieving, highly skilled, possible future HOF RDA. By comparison, and this is no disrespect to RDA, but RDA is an excerpt in Conor McGregor's career.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 2:57 PM ET

RDA

RDA's situation is so messed up. What does a win against Fiziev get him? Best case scenario a number #1 contender fight with Islam. Islam a fighter he was willing to fight on a weeks notice when Fiziev had to pull out last time.

Oh yeah and in the mean time he dominated Renato Moicano. If he wins and they eventually make an interim title, RDA and Islam should fight for that. If not, him versus someone else like Poirier or Chandler is warranted in my opinion.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 2:58 PM ET

The reason I believe the prize should be large is because of how tough of an opponent he is facing in Fiziev.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 3:09 PM ET

Israel Adesanya

Everyone is saying Strickland was too smart not to wrestle Pereira to a win. 

Considering Adesanya's fight resume and fight IQ, who is to say Adesanya will not be smart enough to do it to Pereira or have the quality? 

A championship fighter drastically changing gameplans for an opponent might seem unprecedented however it happened this very year. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.08.2022 | 3:11 PM ET

Alex Pereira

I don't know much about his background but I gather he is a humble dude.

However beating Sean Strickland by KO of the year, does not give you any ammunition to go at DC for losing twice to the G.O.A.T.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.09.2022 | 10:02 AM ET

Forget Jones vs. Stipe or Ngannou vs. Fury even Jones Vs. Izzy, the fight to make is Ngannou vs. Jones. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.12.2022 | 12:08 PM ET

I hadn't realized how many fun to watch Mexican fighters there are at the moment.

Alfonso Leyva, Alejandro Flores, and Manuel Torres are some of the men off the top of my head. On the women's side I'm looking forward to Irene Aldana making her return too.

That's before mentioning Grasso and Moreno.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.16.2022 | 1:35 PM ET

They didn’t let Simon fight O’Malley years ago, they definitely won’t let him any where near O’Malley now. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.16.2022 | 3:15 PM ET

FN: Ortega vs. Rodriguez

Regardless what the scorecards say, that’s a win for Charles Jourdain. Fighters like him are the best. Warrior mentality! Emily Ducote and Dustin Jacoby exemplified the same spirt tonight!
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.16.2022 | 3:17 PM ET

Shane Burgos

If Shane Burgos is a free agent, I bet all the major promotions would want to sign him up. I wonder if he’ll test free agency. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.16.2022 | 3:22 PM ET

Shane Burgos

In Bellator, Burgos would get a title shot right away I think. A matchup with McKee would be very good. I think the PFL would like to sign him, especially with their PPV attempt set for next year. With that said he most likely will resign. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.18.2022 | 9:01 AM ET

video hits the nail on the head. Currently everyone remembers GSP and Silva's career very fondly. However being a fan of the sport during their reigns, I personally remember times where the fanbase was strongly against both fighters while they were in the UFC. It's shocking to me to find out that GSP is one of the best selling PPV fighters the UFC has ever had. But when you think about it, that explains the treatment he received in his return and it speaks to the long span of his reign.

During his reign, a portion of the fans watched to see GSP lose. A majority of those fans would criticize GSP for laying on his opponents. Now his performances and skill level are described as dominate. Personally at the time GSP was not must watch TV but everyone knew who he was.

Silva also had stretches of his career where he was accused of being boring. There was also a large portion of he fanbase that was happy when he lost to Weidman.

In conclusion given time, Adesanya will also go down as one of the GOATs if he continues down his same path of WINNING. Pereira might give Adesanya trouble or he might end up being a blip on Adesanya's career. Winning dominantly ultimately is not what the majority of people want to see and in turn it becomes boring to watch. So in order for him to be deemed "exciting" again he has to go out their and have Gastelum type of performance. Or he wins again and adds to his legacy.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

07.18.2022 | 9:53 AM ET

I paid money to see Adesanya.

I thought the performance was boring.

Thus I think he's boring.

You can write walls of text and link 15 minute videos all you want, if I wasted literal hours of my life getting that money and then wasted minutes of my life watching this dip**** run in a circle jabbing and calf kicking and I thought it was boring, then I can say it was boring. You can call it a "masterful performance", you can call him "the GOAT", you can make it the "best gameplan ever". I don't care. He's ******* boring to watch.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

MMARanks
MMARanks
  • Predictions:  582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  196
  • Post Score: 135

07.18.2022 | 10:03 AM ET

Keep in mind that GSP was the golden boy for an entire country, so there was likely a PPV numbers boost in that regard.

"Facts > Feelings"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’
  • MMAFighting.com : Hailey Cowan reveals nasty leg break, Tamires Vidal gets replacement for UFC Vegas 92 fight
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Michael Chandler 'never uses his brain,' has to knock out Conor McGregor early to win
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91: 20 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway confirms Justin Gaethje should’ve been credited for UFC 300 knockdown: ‘That’s some bullsh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's some bullsh*t': Max Holloway believes Justin Gaethje deserves credit for first UFC career knockdown
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 and UFC Vegas 91 preview show: Is UFC playing second fiddle to Mike Perry?
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan suffers broken leg
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan injured
  • MMA Mania : VanZant Stares Down Brooke Ahead Of Misfits Clash
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300, Credits Justin Gaethje for First UFC Knockdown
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko