Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.27.2022 | 11:30 AM ET

My thoughts about the sport of MMA. Maybe nobody cares and I’m screaming into the void, but it’s better than talking someone’s ears off IRL. 

Responses

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.27.2022 | 11:37 AM ET

Magny vs. Covington

I know this fight is very unlikely to happen, because Covington would never take this fight now but I believe this would be a great style matchup that I would like to see. 

Magny’s length, durability and cardio would create problems for Covington. It would be a well deserved fight for Magny after his last 2 wins. Both guys have a common former opponent in Griffin, who Covington completely wore down in their fight.

Another fight that is more likely to happen would be Thompson vs. Magny. What a great fight this would be both guys are always willing to fight anyone and the striking would cool to watch. 

Bottom line, Magny deserves respect winning over 20 fights under the UFC promotion is amazing, and he always provides entertainment inside the cage and is respectable human outside the cage. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.10.2022 | 1:59 AM ET

Matchups Post UFC 273

I’m tired of rematches and a revolving door at the top of the Featherweight division. I would like to see Volk vs. Emmett. Emmett is a veteran on a streak who has never been given the chance to prove himself. 

For TKZ I would love to see him against Cub Swanson. I know it doesn’t make sense in the rankings but what’s dream fight of two OGs. 

Sterlings vs. TJ because TJ is the rightful next in line. 

Yan vs. Chito (if he beats Font). Chito would present a good match up for Yan. 

Khamzat vs. Colby seems to be a forgone conclusion. 

I don’t know who Burns should fight next but I do think the UFC should give him a big fat new contract after the balls he displayed tonight. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 11:50 AM ET

Post UFC 273

Amazing to see Khamzat training 3 days after that fight with Burns. Also makes me think if he can keep this same energy after 10 more fights. Additionally you have to believe Burns is the worse fighter he will face for awhile. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 12:23 PM ET

Volk

Volk vs. Cejudo. The fight no one wants but the fight we are going to get. Max Holloway versus Volk 3 makes no sense right now for the UFC. Holloway is the money fight. Volk is the clear champ. Why waste Holloway’s following with another fight versus Volk. I don’t think Holloway or the UFC want him to be holding that belt. 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.12.2022 | 1:03 PM ET

imo pretty stupid to be young and go back to training hard 2 days after you just received a bunch of punches to the head and even got dropped so hard you almost kissed the floor. your brain needs recovery, but hey if the guy that cuts like 20% of his body weight is fine with further compromising himself I'm fine with that, the hype train will just crash in a much more spectacular fashion down the road.

also on Cejudo vs Volk, I don't think Cejudo "deserves" it. I would give the title shot first to Arnold Allen over someone like Cejudo, because guys like Allen have been fighting the whole time busting his ass to get to the top of the rankings to try and get that title shot. But aside from that if I just look at the fight, I think Cejudo loses. I don't think he can successfully wrestle someone like Volkanovski to slow him down, and in the stand up I think that Cejudo just wouldn't be able to take the power. I think he could make the fight competitive for a small guy, but in the end I think Volk knocks him out.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

04.12.2022 | 1:10 PM ET

Pretty sure Many vs Shavkat has already been verbally agreed to. Don't quote me on that.

"🌽⚽️"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

04.12.2022 | 1:19 PM ET

Shavkat has also been accusing Jingliang of ducking him. Like, no ****? Did you see what happened to the last undefeated tall white guy he got strapped against? If I was his corner and Jingliang was eager to get back in the ring with a 100% finish rate monster with totem polls for arms, I’d slap him in his puckered-butthole-lipped face. 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 4:50 PM ET

Khamzat most certainly did get hurt in that fight and probably should rest, but who am I to tell him what to do. A part of me thinks him training 3 days after might be a part of him marketing himself.

I would like to see Arnold Allen get a shot at the championship too. That would be a great fight. He deserves it because of accomplishments and skills. I have no interest in Cejudo fighting in general, i just have a feeling it’s going to be the fight. 

Magny is always willing to take on anyone. You have to respect him. But not only that, he will be a good litmus test for Rakhmonov. I doubt it’ll be a quick finish like Rakhmonov is accustomed too.  
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 4:55 PM ET

Magny vs. Covington is just a fight I would like to see, but I know it’s unlikely. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 4:59 PM ET

I would like to see Jingliang fight Chiesa. He deserves someone closer to his UFC experience after taking on Khamzat when few were willing. 
JAWS5
JAWS5
  • Predictions:  3,009  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  68
  • Post Score: 241

04.12.2022 | 5:04 PM ET

I wonder who would get tired first between Magny and Covington

"Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,551  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,516
  • Post Score: 13

04.12.2022 | 5:08 PM ET

colby 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,551  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,516
  • Post Score: 13

04.12.2022 | 5:08 PM ET

he gassed in the first usman fight

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.12.2022 | 5:56 PM ET

I don’t think either would gas and I think it would be a long, grueling fight. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.13.2022 | 8:21 PM ET

Khamzat vs. Vicente Luque

Vicente Luque would absolutely put on a show against Khamzat just like Gilbert Burns did. Vicente Luque is bigger than Burns and more aggressive with his strikes. He also defends himself less which would open up for a back an forth type of fight. His chin is made of granite so durability wouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully Vicente Luque wins his fight, and they give him Khamzat right away. If not, if Khamzat beats Colby Covington, I can't think of a better fight to make for both. 

I'd rather see Khamzat against either Vicente Luque or Belal Muhammad than against Covington.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.13.2022 | 11:08 PM ET

I do agree with you on the point about Luque.

I wish that the UFC did more 5 round fights, I hate 3 rounds amongst T10 fighters and future title contenders because I don't think we truly see their full potential until they finally get a main event or title fight, which for some takes ages.

Anyways since Chimaev is in the T5 of the WW rankings, I will from now on think that he will be in 5 round fights until he loses. So with that said, I personally feel that if Chimaev cannot finish Colby inside two rounds he is toast. I don't think that dude has the gas tank, with his explosive and high pace style, to go 5 full rounds and be effective, and I think Colby is experienced and tough enough where he can win the last three rounds by grinding him out.

Colby has learned how to use his pressure and cardio as effective weapons to break multiple top tier fighters, and for someone like Chimaev who seems to get angry and throw power shots almost every time he sees a chance, I think he'll open himself up to make more mistakes that can be abused which will lead him to lose the rounds. It doesn't have to be something big, can be a small window of opportunity where he swings wild and Colby just catches him off balance for a quick takedown. That small swing in momentum can be huge for guys like Colby because it can start to feel like are now constantly under pressure and can never rest, it will just cause more mistakes to come out. Colby just can't go and box with that guy for long periods of time like Burns did, he won't be able to take all those power shots imo

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.14.2022 | 7:36 AM ET

I can see it going down like you said. However Khamzat demonstrated he has power in his hands. Covington was dropped by Usman and Masvidal, I think Khamzat could do the same. I generally do not like 5 round fights, but its an important factor that separates elite fighters from the rest.

Burns, if anything, revealed to Khamzat that he needs even better conditioning to go 5 rounds.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.14.2022 | 10:58 AM ET

UFC 600th event

Looking back at UFC 273, I realized it is the 600th UFC event. I estimate I have seen 318 UFC events. The last one I missed was UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal in December of 2020, which is the last 55 in a row. My goal to watch the other 282, UFC events I haven't seen, by the end of 2022.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.14.2022 | 4:48 PM ET

Bellator 277

I rate AJ McKee rather high but I hope he stays in Bellator and takes on more challengers there. Hopefully he makes it impossible for the UFC not to sign him. If Pico can win this weekend (tough test) that would be an interesting matchup. Becoming double champ is also intriguing. 

* Edited at 04.14.2022, 4:49 PM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.14.2022 | 5:05 PM ET

Judging

I wondered what benefits the UFC gets from not helping to improve judging. In this interview Tanner Boser lays it out. Not having sure judging causes fighters to want to go for the finish more, which has always been what the UFC wants. Good example is this last weekend. When it isn’t crazy to think Aljo won, Dana White sides with the more exciting fighter. It has little to do with skill or accomplishments in the cage. 

If the UFC wasn’t benefitting from the state of MMA judging, they would do something to fix it. They don’t. 

* Edited at 04.14.2022, 5:08 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September