Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.27.2022 | 11:30 AM ET

My thoughts about the sport of MMA. Maybe nobody cares and I’m screaming into the void, but it’s better than talking someone’s ears off IRL. 

Responses Page 4

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

05.31.2022 | 1:43 PM ET

Cory Sandhagen beat TJ Dillashaw. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,255
  • Post Score: 136

05.31.2022 | 1:45 PM ET

Yeah when everyone was on his **** saying he would murder cheat tj lol.
I never bought him being a world beater I'd have to go back but pretty sure I usually pick against him.
At least when he fights a viable opponent not someone who should be retired or wrong division.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.31.2022 | 1:53 PM ET

Jose Aldo

If you think he beat TJ., TJ wasn't on a winning streak either.

I would like to see Aljamain Sterling defend against Jose Aldo. Aldo is on a 3-fight win streak against # 5, 7, and 10 in current UFC bantamweight rankings. He is also a former champion. That is a better resume than a controversial decision over Sandhagen.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.08.2022 | 1:23 PM ET

Glover Teixeira

I'm very excited for this weekend! The UFC is not only returning to Asia for 275 but has one of my favorites is headlining the card, Glover Teixeira. His kill or be killed style is one of the reasons he is a must watch.

I became a fan of Glover when he fought OSP. I remember watching a clip about him tending his garden in Connecticut. It was the first moment that a super star fighter made me realize that they are regular folks with extraordinary fighting ability. His humbleness and perseverance are another reason he is one of my favorites.

Lastly his connection to Chuck Liddell, is one of the last links left in the UFC from my favorite UFC era.

* Edited at 06.08.2022, 1:41 PM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.08.2022 | 1:32 PM ET

Glover Teixeira vs. Jon Jones

I had forgotten the amazing performance Jon Jones put on against Teixeira. His dynamic striking was on full display. He was also able to take Teixeira down multiple times. 

However what sticks out to me now is how many eye pokes Teixeira endured. More importantly other than a brief warning from Dan Mirgliotta, he was allowed to continually reach out with an open hand and grab Glover's head or face. This incessant grabbing by Jones allowed him to control the distance and control Teixeira's wrist easier. 

Either way I don't blame Jones or downgrade the win. A fighter shouldn't stop winning tactics until the ref stops them. I put this on Mirgliotta's shoulders. It reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks legendaryLegion of Doom. Their motto was, "the refs can't throw a flag on each play." This title fight main event is one of numerous examples of Mirgliotta's mistakes. His disapproving look as he raised Jones hand is also disappointing. 

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.08.2022 | 1:34 PM ET

Glover Teixeira vs. Jon Jones

Another interesting note about this fight is that this was the last time Teixeira went 25 minutes in a fight. It is also the only of his 21 UFC fights to go 25 minutes.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

06.08.2022 | 5:00 PM ET

I like your perspective mike, someone should really call youtube to record your memoirs. 

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.08.2022 | 10:24 PM ET

I can’t tell if you’re mocking me. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

06.09.2022 | 3:29 AM ET

Nope ive enjoyed reading.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.09.2022 | 8:05 AM ET

Road to the UFC 1

I haven't been keeping up with how this tournament will work, or really is taking part, but I am pleasantly surprised to see John Gooden and Laura Sanko on the commentary.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.09.2022 | 8:12 AM ET

Zhang Mingyang vs. George Tokkos

Amazing knockout by Mingyang. After he knocked Tokkos out, he connected on 5 unanswered punches to the head. Mountain Tiger is scary and force coming.

Great fight to kick off the Road to UFC series!
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.09.2022 | 8:15 AM ET

Zhang Mingyang vs. George Tokkos

Tokkos must've been out for at least 3 minutes. Brutal KO by Zhang.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.09.2022 | 8:29 AM ET

Choi vs. Supandhi

2/2 on good fights! I love it when both guys are willing to fight like both these guys. I like how Choi was aggressive but Supandhi never gave up, even though obviously down on the cards. Both guys are quality fighters.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.10.2022 | 7:47 AM ET

Molina vs. Zhalgas

During the second round, Paul Felder seemed to not know what the judges would be looking at or scoring. This is the problem with the whole situation. The judging criteria is quite clear if you look at it. Now if the judges actually follow the criteria is another story. But in theory everyone watching has the ability to KNOW the criteria. It just seems the talking heads just change the narrative as it fits their story. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.10.2022 | 1:53 PM ET

Fightlore

"Every step you take, it's the journey that counts." - Glover Teixeira
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.16.2022 | 1:53 PM ET

Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier

I hope we see Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier 2 some day. I can see it happening at Welterweight too. That would be a classic fight.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

06.16.2022 | 2:09 PM ET

I have a weird feeling we might only see Dustin for another 5-6 fights. The guy is pushing more and more towards money fights, he might end up like Nate and beg the UFC to let him out of his contract when the time comes.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

06.16.2022 | 2:30 PM ET

Not sure why but I see Dustin doing much better at 170 and Charlie coming in at a flabby 165.
Hard to say how much he has packed on since he used to not cut at all to make 155 or sometime make 145.
His body does not like change pretty obvious, Dustin thrived at 145 better at 155 maybe I'm reading to much into that.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.16.2022 | 5:02 PM ET

Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier 2

My thinking is if they fight at welterweight, it will be at the tail end of their careers. That's the only time I could see it being at 170. I also think against the right opponent at welterweight Poirier would have an impressive performance.

I just want to see them fight again because while I don't take anything away from Oliveira, I believe Poirier shot himself in the foot in their first fight. Also the glove grab really was a turning point. So all that being said a second fight would be very intriguing. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

06.16.2022 | 5:27 PM ET

I feel ya to be honest I would watch them fight 2-3 more times without a thought they are great!
Just not at heavyweight lol like that comical BJ Penn fight with Lyoto I think.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall ‘Would Be In Trouble’ Against Someone Like Velasquez
  • MMA Junkie : John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor's 'technique is as sharp as ever' ahead of UFC 303