Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 6

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

02.26.2022 | 8:45 AM ET

some more footage

* Edited at 02.26.2022, 8:47 AM ET *

"****."

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,146
  • Post Score: 333

02.26.2022 | 9:18 AM ET

any update on @Baz?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.26.2022 | 11:41 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.26.2022 | 11:54 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.26.2022 | 12:02 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.26.2022 | 12:03 PM ET

I bet Baz already volunteered.... I hope he makes it

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.26.2022 | 12:51 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.26.2022 | 1:36 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.26.2022 | 3:07 PM ET

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.26.2022 | 3:10 PM ET

Hey, dumb question but interested nonetheless, any word from Fedor on any of this? Like him being pro or against invasion or just any news in general? Isn't his hometown by the boarder? 

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.26.2022 | 3:15 PM ET

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.26.2022 | 3:16 PM ET

Also, since I earned a degree in history with a focus on the World Wars, as well as a major in educational studies, I decided to make a video highlighting some of what is happening in Ukraine and how it mirrors what occurred in history. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned already, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko are currently fighting on the frontlines against the Russian forces, they relinquished their legacy of comfort (Along with Usyk) and decided to fight the good fight. So hope I did good by explaining how this echos something that has been building for the past 100 years. Thanks everyone.

** Was not aware of the credibility of the Snake Island incident at the time, from my source checks (Specifically the audio file sources) that I found they seemed credible enough but with the further developments of what I've seen thus far I realize that I need to reevaluate my sources, so that was my mistake. Plus the "underdog telling the bigger, stronger, country to go "F themselves" is hilarious not to include tbh. 

* Edited at 02.26.2022, 3:29 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.26.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

@baldric Eggling good call. Good to note that stuff early before it get's out of hand. Wish I would have known that yesterday. So much as gone out since. I am going to put a disclaimer on the video to inform others on that as well.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.26.2022 | 3:26 PM ET

As our resident Polish guy says, beware or propaganda. I do not think Ukraine is winning and I do not see how they can without help which we should have sent already, and haven't.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.26.2022 | 3:31 PM ET

I don't think they will win. I think they can survive this.
I still do believe that the Paradox of Unrealized Power does apply to this case.

* Edited at 02.26.2022, 3:32 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.26.2022 | 3:32 PM ET

Honestly, this is how I  see it:

The US state helped install a puppet regime in Ukraine during the Obama years, and Ukraine is a great big money laundering machine for a bunch of US an EU politicians. Christ knows what shonky **** goes on there. The whole Hunter Biden fiasco is probably just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Russia's line about the Ukrainian admin being NAZIS is ********. The reason they're in there is to take out the brass and leadership, because they don't want a puppet ministry controlled by the US on their doorstep. Which is understandable. The US wouldn't let Russia install a puppet ministry in Mexico, for example. This is kind of best-case scenario, because my feeling is once they achieve this (they probably will) it will be business as usual, only this time there will be a Russian controlled scenario. Obviously the best outcome is Ukraine winning which we're all rooting for but I do think that's very unlikely.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.26.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling
Very much agreed. That is very much why I think no one is talking about Hunter Biden anymore especially after this. And that basically runs as deep as it gets. Honestly the Obama administration holds a lot of weight into this cause like you said. We agree.

Yeah, that whole Ukraine was in charge of the Death Camps proved to be a false hood when most of the Ukrainians were lost during one of the many purges that Russia had prior. I mean damn. ****'s running wild.

Well to be fair Mexico has its own problems with the cartels that the Russians would have troubles trying to finesse. Honestly, I see us (meaning the United States) working with Mexico in the near future in order to deal with the cartel problem following decriminalization legislation as an effort to loosen their handling over the government in Mexico and their reach in the US. I'd see that before this. All though with **** like the "Zimmerman Telegram", I wouldn't put it past Russia to do the same thing. So fair point.

Honestly, this is a weird scenario since this is Eastern Europe setting. Historically this is very familiar territory and hasn't much changed since the Soviet days, and with the fact that the "homefield advantage" from a populous with "nothing to loss". The Best Case Ukraine wins, Most Likely case, they split.

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

02.27.2022 | 1:25 AM ET

For past 3 days I've been pretty active on twitter and I see people getting manipulated by media and information more and more. Some twitter bots constantly post fake Ukrainian nazi pictures, I see twitters claiming not to be against Russia because African people have trouble crossing Polish border. They probably believe Russia has no racists at all I guess. Imagine how manipulated you have to be to believe that. Another thing is how I can't understand why wouldn't they leave the country before it all started since the country they were in was surounded and under a big threat of war for weeks. And now they somehow figured make that all about race. Defendless women and children are at the border.

I hate racism, but I also hate not verifying information. People posting this **** are not describing the situation, or how they tried to get out - to make it more clear and understendable. Instead they seek attention on SM. There are ways to leave Ukraine. Multiple. Polish people from all Poland s areas organise transport through buses, they find home for refugees from Ukraine, blankets, food etc. More than 115 thousand people crossed the border.

Those idiots say they are not against Russians, because theyve seen small group of people not letting black people thru the border without context. 

"****."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.27.2022 | 12:36 PM ET

The word "nuclear" is starting to be thrown around!... I need to move to the northwest side of the island

Moorlady
Moorlady

02.27.2022 | 1:00 PM ET

This may be a naive question, but why can’t Poland or Germany send reinforcements to help defend Kiev?  I realize many countries are helping out with weapons.  Thanks!  Viva Ukraine!

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Amanda Ribas Stalked By ‘Crazy Guy’ Claiming To Be Her Husband From Hotel To UFC P.I.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMA Mania : Video! Garcia Awkwardly Shadowboxes For Amused Trump
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55