Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 10

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.01.2022 | 1:06 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.01.2022 | 1:36 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,415  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,995
  • Post Score: 172

03.01.2022 | 2:51 PM ET

just here to say **** Vladimir Putin

"šŸ“ No Quarter Given šŸ“"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 3:19 PM ET

@Tieoken don't believe anything Stu says on face value. He's 103 years old and really has no understanding of anything at all. This is a guy who made a post two months ago about how the US Economy was going to be Booming in 2022. He's absolutely ********, and at this point I believe he has no education or expertise in History at all.

Here's the thing: The US (and EU)  funded and assisted a coup in Ukraine in 2014, helping to orchestrate the overthrowing of Yanukovych who was democratically elected. To do this, the US enlisted the help of Pravyi Sector--a far right (Indeed NAZI) political organisation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Sector

In fact, conversations were leaked between the assistant Secretary of State Nuland and US ambassador Pyatt talking about how they were going to arrange the cabinet:

The puppets selected by the US quickly proved to be corrupt. Yatsenyuk (puppet PM) was forced to resign due to tax-evasion and corruption charge which were exposed in the Panama papers. Ukraine rapidly became extremely poor, and is currently the poorest country in Eastern Europe.

As a Segway, Crimea (which is part of Ukraine) is and always has been separatist. They do not consider themselves Ukrainian but rather culturally and ethnically Russian. 

Anyway, post-coup the puppet regime formed a national guard and used it to assault the people of Crimea and separatists, most notable, the Neo-Nazi group Azov Battalion:

Since then the US has funnelled nearly 3 billion dollars into Ukraine in support of the regime it installed. The Biden administration has funnelled close to a billion since he took office and has sent NATO military trainers to the region also.

The long and short of it is, Ukraine has existed in a kind of civil war since US and EU intervention. The Regime treats the would-be separatists, citizens and independence fighters alike horribly, especially people living in Donbass. They have gone as far to dam off rivers to stop them being able to irrigate crops and all kinds of really filthy ****.

So yeah, Stu is full of **** and has conveniently omitted very critical details about the whole scenario because he is a blinkered old Poofter. While who is right and wrong is complicated (things like this always are) it's not a clear-cut example of Russian tyranny, and yes, the US is largely responsible for what is happening in Ukraine right now. If I had to describe what Putin doing, it would be a reaction to NATO expansion and US imperialism in Eastern Europe. As usual, the US state is meddling in the affairs of other nations, the same way it has always done in the middle-east and South America. It is true that NAZIS were used to help a US-led coup in Ukraine. The role they still play in maintaining power is unknown to me. But what Putin is doing is trying to liberate his Ukranian-based supporters from a puppet regime. Make no mistake, though, he would absolutely love to annex all of Ukraine along for the bargain. 

Putin does have grounds to be legitimately aggrieved. Both because Ukrainian separatists who want independence from the Ukrainian state are being stamped out by the Ukrainian Government, and because it isn't acceptable that Ukraine could be used as a NATO base on Russia's doorstep. It would basically be Russia's Cuban missile crisis.

* Edited at 03.01.2022, 3:20 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

You can downvote me all you like, people. But the facts are in. Yes, the US did indeed install a puppet regime in Ukraine, and yes, this is the primary source of the conflict. I mean, I have literally posted primary evidence of this fact. I don't know what else you people need.

* Edited at 03.01.2022, 3:53 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,190
  • Post Score: 332

03.01.2022 | 4:00 PM ET

@Baldric, few questions. Now is this something you have been following since 2014 or is this new information you have read about? What role would a Nazi type of group have to do with a Jewish President of Ukraine? And where do you find most of this information? God forbid it's Patriot.win again šŸ˜†

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:06 PM ET

Also I would disagree, that while Putin would have some grounds to be upset. Many nations often have legitimate reasons to be upset with other nations. Invasion, war, killing civilians, women and children and sending army's to kill each other is obviously a monstrous wrong and evil reaction to that. In that regards, now all the countries around Russia will join NATO and host weapons and military bases pointed directly at Putin. Gross misjudgment and now he will have 100 cuban missile crisis right on his doorstep directly following the economy burning to the ground

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:08 PM ET

But misjudgment was bound to happen when Putin is a murderous pyschopath and everyone around him is either a yes man or too terrified to disagree and tell him the truth. I hear Russian political prisons don't have very good ventilation and meal choices

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 4:09 PM ET

There truly is no ceiling to the average American's obliviousness and general inanity. You people are just so, so ******* stupid. The international reputation you have for being that is just, and it is earned.
Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:18 PM ET

I am fairly sure the average Australian is not much better or worsešŸ˜†. It's easy to say that about Americans, when they are the dominant country in the spotlight. the hard truth is that kind of thinking or worse is just about everywhere.

But I really hope that whatever Ukraine and the US did, regardless of morality and ethics. None of it, justifies the horrible things Putin is doing to a innocent population that has nothing to do with all those facts. These people did not participate, condone or were a part of.most of those things, few individuals in government did. Just the same as the Russian poplutation is not guilty of the war crimes that re being committed

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,433  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  738
  • Post Score: 315

03.01.2022 | 4:26 PM ET

@Xconchris

Thank you for your measured response. 

No idea what Baldfish is up to since I've got them blocked, but I've heard the "Nazi" claptrap from various corners not known for their rigor. Crying shame.

Critical thinking is tough some times, especially when evaluating sources. I have some rules of thumb about that sort of thing, like favoring the Wall Street Journal because they're rigorous in their fact-checking and anyone who thinks they have a liberal slant has a tenuous grasp on reality, but even those rules will run you wrong sometimes. ****, an Ivy League press released a book on ancient history a few years ago that was sheer fantasy. Sorting through the ******** is tough work.

* Edited at 03.01.2022, 4:28 PM ET *

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 4:27 PM ET

ā€œIdiot America is a strange, disordered place. Everything is on the wrong shelves. The truth of something is defined by how many people will attest to it, and facts are defined by those peopleā€™s fervency. Fiction and nonfiction are defined by how well they sell. The best sellers are on one shelf, cheek by jowl, whether whatā€™s contained in them is true or not. People wander blindly, following the Gut into dark corners and aisles that lead nowhere, confusing possibilities with threats, jumping at shadows, stumbling around. They trip over piles of fiction left strewn around the floor of the nonfiction aisles. They fall down. They land on other people, and those other people can get hurt.ā€
ā€• Charles P. Pierce, Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 4:29 PM ET

Also notice how Stu has me on ignore because when he doesn't, I cut him a new ******* 100% of the time, and I suppose he can't handle being embarrassed. He is a withered, callow coward with a penis like a Bookie's Biro. He has provided not a single shred of evidence to support anything he's said. He is a charlatan.

Another stupid American.
Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:38 PM ET

@Stu thanks! He's just trying to get a rise out of people and it's not working šŸ˜†. I didn't debate the facts he was arguing with..because most likely alot of them were true. I am arguing the response of the Russian government. Apparently genocide of a population is a correct response for corruption. And his response was based on the given facts, Putin is justified. Which is a very lonely opinion on his part.

People need someone to hate. Basically the more unfulfilling your life is, you need someone to hate. Alot of people choose to hate celebrities. The most common is presidents. The bigger the loser, the more they hate the current president. 

I have a rental property in a condo association and I got this one loser neighbor that accuses every president and board member of corruption. He's just miserable all the time with his current life and needs someone to hate so he's doesn't commit suicide in his basement because he's alone. Hating on the US reminds of that neighbor. If you need someone to hate to justify waking up every morning and living I suggest not living anymore

TioManel
TioManel
  • Predictions:  256  |  78.9%
  • Forum Posts:  349
  • Post Score: 169

03.01.2022 | 4:46 PM ET

Oil? Who said anything about oil *****. You cookin? America is no stranger to organized coups in nations of interest and meddling in affairs that do not concern them. Ever since world war 2 they have held a tight grip over europe. But The measures putin took will only serve to escalate whatever possible major conflict may loom. Not to mention the toll it will take on ukraine. And if his goal is not accomplished, this war will only help ukraine fall to the american side. This seems like a major blunder putin has made.

"Chalkhunting 101"

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:50 PM ET

The one thing i see is most concerning, is the reports about Putin's mental and physical health. Rumors of Cancer and Parkinson's disease. Which resulted him being in isolation due to Covid Concerns. Now hes been in power, roughly 20 years and the longer you stay in the power. The more you loose touch with reality and stop listening to your advisors and act irrational. This makes a very good Stew for a person to make extremely dangerous decisions. He was a murderer before, now hes a murderer with a laundry list of other issues.

TioManel
TioManel
  • Predictions:  256  |  78.9%
  • Forum Posts:  349
  • Post Score: 169

03.01.2022 | 4:51 PM ET

Im surprised you are hating on fish s posts. They are pretty accurate. 

"Chalkhunting 101"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.01.2022 | 4:52 PM ET

Putin is not genociding people. Only a stupid American would believe such a thing.
Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:54 PM ET

@TioManel, i didn't hate on it. i actually agreed with the facts and just asked some follow up questions. Wanted to read further and asked about his sources and his opinion. i disagreed with his overall argument that this was everyone else's fault except Russia

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.01.2022 | 4:56 PM ET

He just didnt get a reaction out of anyone and didnt win the argument. Hes just upset. ill look forward to the next female fight breakdown! lol

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Preview
  • Jits Magazine : Raphael Assuncao Gives His Side Of Spitting Incident At IBJJF Open
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregorā€™s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ā€˜Iā€™ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Yearā€™
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ā€˜Some Of His Finest Workā€™
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ā€˜Youā€™re Not A Real Man!ā€™ Sterling And Oā€™Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyanā€™s Coach Doesnā€™t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ā€˜He is Not a Better Fighter Than Meā€™
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean Oā€™Malleyā€™s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso