Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 34

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 6:11 PM ET

@Cheese in what way?

I'm not following.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,207  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,210
  • Post Score: 332

04.11.2022 | 6:13 PM ET

Neat

I accept all possibilities really and almost never speak in terms of definite. Thats why is usually speak with maybe and sometimes alot. 

So far during the war, there have been many gains, advances and loses. In the beginning, Russia was gaining territory pretty easily. Now they are loosing territory very fast.

Only 1 of us so far has admitted both sides have had success and lose.

So when you speak about the other unwilling to accept they are loosing.

You are just simply projecting yourself on others. Kinda like the mean kid in school making fun of other kids families because in return his own family is so messed up.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:14 PM ET

What Cheese is saying is sounding smart and being Articulate does not necessary mean you are intelligent or have thoughtful, rational or logical arguments.

You can sound like Albert Einstein and still be a ****** basically

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

04.11.2022 | 6:17 PM ET

Your points always devolve into blank person who disagrees with me is stupid. Only way you ever win arguments is by out frustrating whoever your debating. Obviously I assume some of this is trolling.

"🌽⚽️"

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:17 PM ET

I have mentioned it before a few times, i own a condo, and one of the neighbors is a high school English teacher. Looks very professional. Very intelligent and very articulate.

Then starts saying the 5g towers are giving him radiation and are cooking his organs from the inside out and has aluminum foil under his jacket.

You can be very intelligent, come across very well spoken and have the mental reasoning of a Raisin

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

04.11.2022 | 6:21 PM ET

Does it really matter if Ukraine "win". This war would've basically killed them as a country. Sincerely doubt the 1/4 of the population leaving are gonna come back to the ruins even if they do triumph. Demographics will be ****** and the economy even more ******. Just hope maybe an actual democracy can be implemented and not this ****** regime with a c list actor. The length it goes on for decides how fast Russia dies as im a firm believer that the country is doomed. Winning the war doesn't solve any of their major problems even amplifying some and a loss would be devastating. Both countries are ******. I hope even Fish and Chris can see that after they get Putin and Zelensky's nuts out their mouth respectively 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 6:22 PM ET

I'm sure Russia has taken casualties, more than they would have liked, and I'm sure they would have liked to have taken Kiev. They would have without US support, most likely. Happy your tax dollars are being spent that way incidentally? Happy for your dollar to fund missile launchers in some country you don't really give a **** about while real inflation is about 15% and you're getting ****d at the gas pump?

But on balance, yes, they are still achieving their broader stated objectives, which were eliminating Azov and taking back the autonomy of pro-Russian populations in the region, as well as securing assets in those regions. Ergo, they are winning.

To put this into some kind of perspective for you, the US failed to achieve anything at all in Afghanistan ( indeed, it lost) to the tune of trillions of dollars over the course of twenty years. It was defeated by goat herders with rusty AK-47's. The legacy of the US in Afghanistan is a well funded Taliban armed with top-end US military equipment who have ushered in a brutal and Draconian caliphate that will seemingly endure in perpetuity. 

Russia has in months secured large swathes of territory including one capital, and is ne track to meet its objectives pretty comfortably. All this whilst being under sanctions and fighting the US and EU by proxy.

Surely you can at least appreciate....that?

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 6:25 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:22 PM ET

Also have had this argument when people tell me terrorist are stupid all the time. While most and many are. There are many doctors, professors, and businessmen that support terrorism and commit acts themselves.

The reason is because that is a ideology. You can have a fundamentally wrong and terrible way of thinking and still be a extremely smart individual.

So while Baldric, might have a way of thinking, lets say lets then 5% of human being might agree with, He is still very very smart and well spoken.

I personally love when people have different opinions then me and want to debate them, as long as they keep away from the personal attacks and stick to the subject.

Thats just impossible for Baldric, When confronted he calls you a bus stop, bicycle helmet, CNN watching stupid American.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 6:23 PM ET

@Cheese can you cite an example?
Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:26 PM ET

"Taking back the autonomy of pro-Russian populations in the region"

**** when did the war end? Last time i checked its still going

If by broader objectives, you mean destroying your military, economy(Cant wait) and now have Finland and Sweden join NATO on your border, and Ukraine being armed to the literal teeth by the entire Western world on your border dragging you into a never ending quagmire of death of Russians.

Yes they achieved their objective 100%

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

04.11.2022 | 6:26 PM ET

Reminds me of the countless intelligent people who still subscribed to ******** like marxist theory. There's an example Fish can understand ha 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:29 PM ET

@Hadrian that is 100%. Many great and smart men having a silly ideology, refusing to look at alternative opinions and believing their self worth over others. More of a Pride and Ego problem.

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:31 PM ET

i really got **** to do, be back in a few hours, dont talk **** on me too bad while i am gone

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 6:32 PM ET

Marxism does have something useful to contribute to political economics. Such things as alienation and surplus value are still as relevant today as they were in the Victorian era.

But it's dated as a philosophy and economic paradigm, and Marx's solution to the problems exposed by his work have proved to be an unmitigated disaster. That is, communism.

I can't even really blame bushy Karl for the current generation of Marxist ****tards. He never intended for Marxism to go Neo, and it was never meant to be applied to anything other than economics and industry. Truthfully he'd probably be mortified at most if not all contemporary versions of Marxism and would regard them as corruptions.  
Cheeseball
Cheeseball

04.11.2022 | 6:49 PM ET

Found one. @Baldric Eggling

"I don't think you're brainwashed Cheese. That would require their being something to wash. It's not an MMA opinion. It's a business opinion. You are literally one of the stupidest human beings I have encountered on this forum."

This was from an old argument we had about fighters pay. First thing that came to my head. 

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 6:55 PM ET

That is quite funny though, LOL!

I don't remember that one. Regardless, the UFC pays fighters better than any other promotion and nobody forces them to take the money they get.

I don't recall what that argument was about. I'm not saying you were definitely being ********, but there's a good chance you were definitely being ********. 
Xconchris
Xconchris

04.11.2022 | 6:56 PM ET

that was kinda funny 😆. Okay I have **** to do!

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

04.11.2022 | 7:00 PM ET

Tbh I'm guessing you were half trolling half serious when you said that. Still don't think your a good debater though. I'd say you shine most with your MMA takes (even though I rarely agree with your fight scoring).

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.11.2022 | 7:13 PM ET

My scoring is kind of exemplary, really.

Most people on this forum don't understand the criteria.
Moorlady
Moorlady

04.11.2022 | 8:04 PM ET

My buddy also scored Sterling v Yan a draw.  He had round 2 as a 10-8.

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion
  • Middle Easy : Tyson Fury Gives Props To ‘Toughest Man’ Oleksandr Usyk; John Fury Goes Ballistic On Team Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video LIVE now
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Joaquin Buckley is a star, but went too far with Conor McGregor callout
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson press conference live stream from New York
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • UFC.com : Fight-By-Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC founder eyeing 2 UFC ‘legends’ for Mike Perry’s next fight, addresses Dillon Danis
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Make your predictions for bantamweight title fight in Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson press conference live stream from New York (5:30 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational Rules and Scoring
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Mania : A ‘Smashing’ Debut!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo has ‘several offers on the table’ after UFC 301 win but won’t make decision until hearing UFC offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7