Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 113

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

10.10.2021 | 1:00 PM ET

Fair enough, I'm sure he has some decent points and knows his stuff about boxing.
I'm just not a fan of piling in on fighters is all. 

Hey, I was spot on with my my Usyk Joshua prediction too (well almost if Usyk got that late finish he was seconds away from!). I also big up Josh Taylor any chance I get!!! Does that mean that I get a pass to talk **** too??? 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.10.2021 | 1:02 PM ET

I'll give Mikey a pass to talk some ****, and you are spot on when it comes to Boxing that's undeniable. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.10.2021 | 1:04 PM ET

A Phil my man, but I did watch the entire video.  I said that I was stopping to make a comment and would then watch the rest, which I did, and to be fair, the video went exactly as I thought it would after watching the 1st minute.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.10.2021 | 1:10 PM ET

Haha, OK I'll maybe use that pass later. I'm just not a fan of shredding fighters, these guys put health on the line for our entertainment. 
OK so some fail(most do!) and many act like complete ****s in the build up to fights. But fighters need to be a bit crazy so I don't get offended by much. Obviously there's exceptions to that too.

As for me being spot on about boxing. Sometimes I am. Sometimes I am WAY off!!! Last night for example, I was bang on the money with big underdog Jamie Mitchell, Jason Cunningham but I was WAY off picking Anthony Fowler, Ajagba and damn Kow Snacki!!! 

Casual008
Casual008

10.10.2021 | 1:21 PM ET

I ultimately agree with you on shredding fighters. I think people get overly harsh on Champions in Boxing way too much because of all the politics that can circle them, leading to fans developing really skewered perspectives of what a "great" or "amazing" boxer is. There was a time when people were asking why Fury was wasting his time with a can like Otto Wallin, Otto Wallin! He was an undefeated Heavyweight with an extensive amateur career. 

In Wilder's case you don't fluke wins over guys like Stiverne, Dreazeale or Ortiz. It's an impressive record and an equally impressive length as an undefeated Champion. Even in all his Fury fights there were glimpses of him snatching victory away from Fury, but Fury's has durable and slick a Heavyweight can get. It's just a horrible match up for Wilder. I'd love to see him fight someone like AJ, Parker or Ruiz jr going forward.  

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

10.10.2021 | 1:26 PM ET

i was most interested in the information about how he was protected and the weaponizing of drug tests to protect him form actual challengers that posed a threat to him. i dont follow boxing much anymore but the corruption is obvious and very deep. also i am not familiar with hardly any of the names that he mentioned. but the way they made fury fight him a third time after getting ko'd in the second fight says plenty about the state of boxing right now. i would bet everything i have that if wilder had won the second there would not have been a third.

can you verify or debunk any of the information in that video about how he was protected and given many free passes?

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 1:29 PM ET *

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Casual008
Casual008

10.10.2021 | 1:31 PM ET

All very true Phill. The reason it had to be three though is because of an overused two fight contract Champions sign now that states there needs to be a winner in both bouts. Because of the draw in the first it had to be a trilogy. In hindsight though I'm glad we got a definite finish and even gave us one of the best Heavyweight trilogies. 

I can't debunk weaponizing drug tests, it does happen, but I don't know if there's really evidence to state Wilder's camp was weaponizing it either. As for protection it's hard to say, if he was really overprotected he would never have challenged Fury and AJ-Wilder fell a part twice because both didn't like the contracts. Sometimes protected is overused when in reality the matchmakers just want to build up the fighters first. 

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 1:33 PM ET *

phillip53
phillip53

10.10.2021 | 1:38 PM ET

mikey is for sure the resident expert on boxing im not even trying to dispute that fact. but if even 50% of the information in that video is accurate then i have to agree that wilde is the biggest hype job and fraud ever in boxing.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

10.10.2021 | 1:53 PM ET

Robert Helenius is obviously the single greatest boxer of all time.
Beats Adam the punchy Pole with hands first time then his bollocks in rematch!.
All others are posers frauds and hype jobs!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.10.2021 | 2:20 PM ET

I was about to start typing out a response but whats the point?
Believe what you believe mate. You think he's the biggest fraud and hype job ever because of a YouTube video then that up to you.

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

10.10.2021 | 2:25 PM ET

This is turning into the boxing thread again guys lol. Anyways here's my take, Wilder has dropped every man he's ever fought and has successfully defended  his WBC title for FIVE WHOLE YEARS!! Yet after he lost to Fury people started calling him a "can crusher" to all the people who call him a can crusher answer this, is everyone who challenged for the WBC title the past five years a "can"?? He'll no! The man dropped Tyson Fury 4 TIMES for Christs sake!! Wilder isnt a bad guy deep down. With that being said, I lost a lot of respect for him after his series of excuses.

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 5:08 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.10.2021 | 2:25 PM ET

We might also think maybe Fury has his number or that good.
The fraud guy is just pissed cuz he lost a bet..id wager.

phillip53
phillip53

10.10.2021 | 2:41 PM ET

@mikey, i asked if you could verify or debunk any of that information

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 2:43 PM ET *

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

10.10.2021 | 2:56 PM ET

Bravo looks like he saw a ghost when they told him. This is a good ass laugh!

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.10.2021 | 4:26 PM ET

Looking at Deontay as a fraud is looking at things the wrong way. There's nothing fraudulent about that right hand. There are punchers, and there are Boxers, and he's a puncher. Most of the time, a very good boxer will beat a very big puncher, and it's pretty much always the case that absolutely monstrous punchers cannot box well at all. If you look at Wilder's record, it looks pretty much exactly like Earnie Shavers' record--except not as extensive nor as good. KO after KO after KO after KO, until he starts getting the high ranked great boxers like Ali and Holmes, who he lost to. Shavers is regarded as the hardest puncher in Boxing History.

Punchers are great, they're an invaluable part of Boxing and in a sense define what makes a great Boxer a great Boxer. They are the test.

In fact despite how incredible yesterday's fight was, Fury actually made that fight a lot harder than it needed to be, and did not Box well or to his full potential. 

How many times Wilder was able to defend his title should tell you how much Boxing talent there is in his division and circuit at this point in time. Not a whole lot.

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 4:28 PM ET *

phillip53
phillip53

10.10.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

all i did was post a video i found on you tube from someone whose mma prediction videos i had seen in the past and ask if anyone could verify or debunk the information therein. i guess i kicked the hornets nest in doing so. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.10.2021 | 5:48 PM ET

Vinyl

Does anybody else collect Vinyl records?

I was finally, after years of searching, able to secure this baby. I overpaid for it terribly, it's a re-press, and the jacket isn't in great condition....but it is mine. I did not pay the sticker price--if ******* only! I got gouged bad but it is what it is. Try and find another one.

Big fan of Clarence Palmer ( criminally underrated) and old jazz/ big band/ 50's dreampop in general. I guess nobody has heard of the Jive Bombers, apart from Phil I suppose, or fallout fans. But I rate them highly.

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 5:50 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.10.2021 | 5:49 PM ET

Edit: Redundancy.

* Edited at 10.10.2021, 5:50 PM ET *

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.10.2021 | 6:00 PM ET

Kinda..i need to get a record player.

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

10.10.2021 | 7:02 PM ET

I have a small collection. Its mostly filled with old dirty records I find at my local thrift stores. 

"🌽⚽️"

Page 113

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh