Topic: St-Pierre vs. Shields

St. Pierre vs. Shields Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

01.04.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for St. Pierre vs. Shields. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.19.2011 | 3:37 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

hoping to see more of GSPs striking in this fight. i need to see an impressive finish to consider him pound 4 pound instead of anderson silva.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.19.2011 | 8:13 AM ET

Shields has a few TKOs, but no proper KOs. Maybe this will give GSP the confidence to throw more leather, or go for a KO himself.

"I Get Better."

dustin collins
dustin collins
  • Predictions:  27  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

03.24.2011 | 4:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I hope George knocks that dumb ass look off jakes face. Im still mad at him for chocking out Robbie Lawler
geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

03.24.2011 | 12:04 PM ET

I see this looking like the last 3 St. Pierre fights.
Georges will do anything he wants to do for 25 minutes, except finish.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

03.24.2011 | 12:35 PM ET

GSP by decision. Really shields is going to control him so he can't do too much damage with ground and pound.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

03.24.2011 | 4:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Shields   wrong Decision  

I kinda wanna go for the underdog in this one to be honest. So Ill be the fool who goes with shields on this one.
geezhound
geezhound

03.24.2011 | 4:16 PM ET

God always loves a guy that will bet the underdog! I just don't see it happening.

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

03.24.2011 | 5:15 PM ET

I want to see Georges stand with Shield. Shields has about as good a stand up game as Aoki does. I mean seriously he almost lost on Bully Beatdown for God sakes. Either way GSP wins unless Shields has drastically improved since his last fight...and I mean drastically.
Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

03.24.2011 | 8:22 PM ET

I hope GSP pulls off a late round TKO after Shields gasses. But I'm gonna go the safe route and say GSP by decision.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.24.2011 | 8:43 PM ET

This fight offers some interesting problems for the dominant gsp. Sheilds is extreamly well rounded, he has great wrestling and great juijitsu. I'd give GSP the striking and wrestling advantage and jujitsu advantage to sheilds. Sheilds is also a big WW so I don't see him getting man handled like BJ did in his second fight against GSP, thus I believe sheilds is still dangerous off his back and more than capable of firing off submission attempts and scrambling into better positions and back onto his feet. However I believe GSP will cautious enough to avoid being submitted on the ground, and will get the better of sheilds on the feet. I am sayin Uni Dec for GSP

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.25.2011 | 9:43 AM ET

Wow I'm pretty surprised its as lopsided as it is...I don't really care about Shields fight with Kampmann he'd been fighting at MW and had a tough cut...highly doubt he got as big as he was when fighting at MW this time between fights and he'll be better with his cardio...however GSP hasn't even had a close round as of late so I don't really see him getting beat by a guy that doesn't have KO power.

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

03.25.2011 | 3:36 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Shields   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I'm actually having a tough time with this one.  We hear it all the time but it's true, styles make fights.  GSP hasn't fought too many really good jiu-jitsu guys aside from BJ Penn, and I think that Shields high level BJJ game may give GSP some trouble.  However, if St. Pierre is able to incorporate his usual strategy and take Shields down, control the top game, get back up, and then take him down again and repeat the cycle, I don't see how Shields could win.  Jake Shields' guard is dangerous, which may bring in some dangers that we haven't seen GSP face in quite a while.  I keep switching back and forth in my mind on who I want to go with.  Logic says GSP is a good bet, but I also fear that it has become so comfortable and easy to pick GSP because he's so consistent.  One look at Shields' record yields the same results, with an impressive 15 fight winning streak over some impressive names.  I'll leave my pick as it is right now, going for the upset, but I I might change it again before the fight comes.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.27.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Shields   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I really think you guys are underestimating Shields did you not hear what Joe said he did in official trailer ? He beat Okami and Condit in one night both top 5 in their weight division .. Submitted Pyle, Thompson, Lawler and daley one after the other and he beat mayhem miller ..hendo ( I know Hendo wasnt healthy and would most likely win if he was but still.. and Kampmann and this is all on a 15 fight win streak .. Underrated ? I think so... Come on Shields prove them wrong please.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

geezhound
geezhound

03.27.2011 | 5:07 PM ET

Nobody would like to see Jake win this more than I would, but GSP is just .......too damn good!

I'm sick of watching the WW title defended in the safest and least entertaining way imaginable.

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

03.27.2011 | 5:41 PM ET

The promo is hyping him up so much more then he deserves. Beating Okami and Condit in one night.

He lost to Okami, that was a bs decision. And the Condit one was iffy as well.

He hasn't ever submitted any good fighters, the only good wins he has are by grinding decisions, so for those of you who think he subs GSP, hahaha. Oh and his gas tank at 170 will never be as good as at 185, look for him to gas out end of round 2 or beginning of round 3.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

geezhound
geezhound

03.27.2011 | 5:50 PM ET

Agreed. I hate when the hype machine insults your intelligence by telling you that a guy has real chance.
A. Silva vs Cote
GSP vs Hardy

The list could go on with mismatches that were hyped as competitive fights.

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

03.27.2011 | 5:54 PM ET

Shields really isn't too good... He's a solid fighter, UFC caliber for sure, but not top 5, maybe not even top 10.

"We Are All One"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.27.2011 | 6:00 PM ET

looking forward to just seeing GSP put Shields away. ill give Shields credit though for surviving Hendo's punches.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Frank FZY
Frank FZY
  • Predictions:  18  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

03.27.2011 | 10:07 PM ET

I think Shields will lose, but it's not because he sucks. It's because GSP will be able to keep it standing, but Shields is a better pure grappler imo. 

"Haters Gonna Hate. Count Me In."

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

03.27.2011 | 10:31 PM ET

As amazing as a compettive grappling match between these two would be, I see GSP not losing, due to a complete lack of action during the entire fight.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Ben Rothwell Scores Awkward 43-Second TKO Over Todd Duffee – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alfredo Angulo, Jeremiah Riggs have 93-second instant classic at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Big Ben Scores 43-Second Phantom Punch KO
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC: 'Welcome to the big leagues'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez survives scare to outwork Barthelemy, Ortiz destroys Dulorme: Highlights