Topic: St-Pierre vs. Shields

St. Pierre vs. Shields Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,411  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,429
  • Post Score: 60

01.04.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for St. Pierre vs. Shields. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

03.27.2011 | 10:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

Straight jab, double leg takedown, minimum GnP from guard with no attempt to pass, ref standup, repeat for 5 rounds.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,693  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.02.2011 | 1:50 PM ET

I think gsp can finish fighter but i dont think he will on this one. He will do his best to keep if off the ground and use his jab similar to how he played with kos.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.02.2011 | 2:34 PM ET

I'd like to say GSP by TKO, but Shields has shown a good chin at times. So i'm going with UD, cant believe Shields only has 9% of the votes though. This guy hasn't lost in six years.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Dtmma
Dtmma
  • Predictions:  212  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 30

04.02.2011 | 2:58 PM ET

While Shields has been unbeaten in 6 years, he has not fought the top fighters at WW, the Koshchecks and Fitch's of the division. And should he fight either one of them, I believe he would lose. I see no where Shields has an advantage over GSP, maybe in the Jiu jitsu aspect, but unless he can successfully pull guard on GSP, there is not a
chance in hell that he will be able to take Georges down.

"When I come out I have supreme confidence, Im scared of everything, scared to lose, the closer the more confident I get, Once im in the ring, im a god! No one could beat me"

peppersmith67
peppersmith67
  • Predictions:  740  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 77

04.05.2011 | 1:50 PM ET

lackluster fight

"Is he dead?" little brothers response to Dan Henderson's ko of Michael Bisping

Reeves
Reeves
  • Predictions:  778  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 139

04.05.2011 | 3:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Shields is awesome but I do not think he poses any threat to GSP. He will either choose to keep the fight standing and out strike him or do that along with the occasional takedown and GNP. I think Shields submission offense is pretty overrated too, if he can't catch Henderson, Mayhem or Kampmann it's doubtful that he will catch GSP. Not that they aren't extremely hard to submit because they are but because GSP is also extreme hard to submit just like them. The more I think about this fight the more I start to think GSP will get the finish, at least if Shields gasses big time like against Kampmann. Maybe even by submission, after all Mayhem had that RNC locked in tight at the very end of the 3rd round of their fight and for some dumb reason he didn't start really squeezing like crazy so that you could see it in his face until there were only a few seconds left. Maybe if he did that from right when he locked the choke in he would have won and we wouldn't be talking about Shields right now in the UFC.
type138
type138
  • Predictions:  7,905  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 89

04.05.2011 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

gsp via rushfit

"One's company, two's a crowd, and three's a party"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

04.05.2011 | 4:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Two very important things will happen in this fight. GSP will get his first finish since BJ quit after round four and Jake Shields will be finished for the second time in his career. The other coming back in March of 2000.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

04.05.2011 | 4:30 PM ET

Sadly i'll miss this card Live because of a training event for the National Guard in Mississippi; However, I look forward to replaying my DVR over and over and over again to see how badly Jake Shields loses this fight.
Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

04.06.2011 | 9:10 AM ET

My only problem with GSP getting a finish is his style lately.  If he had decided to swarm Kos he could have ended it, but he wanted to play the points game and jab to victory.
BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

04.06.2011 | 12:53 PM ET

GSP has fought great wrestler's but not guys with great Jiu Jitsu. From watching some of his interview's he says he wants to beat Jake at his own game. I hope he doesn't and that he just stands with him

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

type138
type138
  • Predictions:  7,905  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 89

04.06.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

once shields gasses, and he will gas albeit round 1 or round 5, gsp we will by whatever method he wants...

"One's company, two's a crowd, and three's a party"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.06.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

Exactly. I think GSP will be weary of the ground game in the early going, but in the mid to late rounds I could see him trouncing Shields everywhere the fight takes place. Will be interesting to see what happens/who gets control of whom when they lock up when they're both fresh; I would imagine Shields is the stronger grappler, but GSP might be the faster and more explosive grappler.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

04.06.2011 | 2:23 PM ET

GSP fights smart.  Love or hate his style, he'll fight his opponent where they are the weakest.  I don't see him spending a lot of time in Jake's guard.  He might get a few take-downs just to secure the round, but he's going to beat Jake up on the feet.  If Jake gasses, I could see GSP jumping on his back for a RNC, but I don't see him contesting Jake on the ground just to see if he is better. He didn't play that game with Kos and I don't think he will with Jake. 

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Jalm
Jalm
  • Predictions:  1,064  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  203
  • Post Score: 155

04.10.2011 | 8:50 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Shields   wrong Decision  

Im not really a fan of either one of these guys , this should be the most boring fight of the night

" I told ya so" !!

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

04.10.2011 | 10:52 PM ET

I disagree, St-pierre is never in a boring fight.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.10.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

@jalm, thats what people said about lowe vs lentz.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.10.2011 | 11:17 PM ET

Like Kallousklown is saying, I'm actually hoping that since they've both had their share of snooze-fests, this may be extremely exciting.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.10.2011 | 11:44 PM ET

i realise anythin could happen but GSP sticks to his gameplans.....which means.......jabfest 2.0

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  271  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

04.10.2011 | 11:47 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Shields   wrong Decision  

I think this is an even match uo for the two. Its hard not to pull for the champ but I feel like Jake shields is gonna use his strength to take it to the ground

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes