Topic: Fitch vs. Maia

Fitch vs. Maia

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

11.15.2012 | 11:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Fitch   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Fitch vs. Maia. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 8

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.03.2013 | 1:34 AM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Uhhh the butthurt @P4P you probably predicted the same grinding, same 30-27 score,  same "boring" fight as you said, you just picked the wrong fighter. Accept it dude...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.03.2013 | 1:39 AM ET

I don't care that I didn't pick the fight right. I could care less about either of these fighters. It's just typical of so many of you guys to rip a fighter apart for his style and then some other guy uses it to a even bigger extreme and it's a masterful performance............yeah ok excuse me while I go puke.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.03.2013 | 1:41 AM ET

@benjamin I hope that wasn't a serious question.

You guys can all down arrow me cuz you know I'm right but then who's the butthurt one?

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 1:43 AM ET *

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

02.03.2013 | 1:43 AM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

But fitch likes to sit in his opponent's guard or half-guard, a near-neutral position, and attempt minimal damage.  Maia achieved a MUCH more dominant position, against an expert ground-fighter no less, and attempted to finish the fight.  Over, and over, and over..........

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.03.2013 | 1:44 AM ET

@Ben what's the most dominate position if back mount is 2nd? 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt

02.03.2013 | 1:46 AM ET

Full mount.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.03.2013 | 1:46 AM ET

Yeah and Maia normally doesn't fight like this either, it was a gameplan to defeat the one that normally does it. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Ben is also right, Maia was closer to the finish than Fitch was in about 20 fights of his career...

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 1:46 AM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

02.03.2013 | 1:47 AM ET

Huh....I guess I'll stop listening to my BJJ instructor then every time he says back mount is the best position...

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt

02.03.2013 | 1:49 AM ET

Full mount would be more dominant in mma beacuse you can posture up and strike the face.  In bjj without strikes, back mount would be a better position. 

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

02.03.2013 | 1:51 AM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I've said before and will still say it. I could give 2 ****s who won this fight. I just wanted to see who was the best grappler and if Fitch could impose his will on Maia. We saw who is the best all around grappler, in the WW is and that is Maia. What did you expect? Maia to sink in chokes when he didn't have it and gas? Let Fitch turn into him? It was ultimately up to Fitch to get himself out of the situation and Fitch failed to do anything, which means Fitch didn't do the work necessary.

I honestly enjoy Fitch fights now because I like to see if people are prepared for a fighting a top wrestler, which Fitch obviously is.  Fitch shows dominance in his wrestling and GuerrillaJJ and when no one can do **** about it, I find it interesting. Plus when Fitch does find and equal opponent, like Erick Silva, hoooolllllyyyyyyy shhiiiiiitttt, its a great fight.

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 1:53 AM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

02.03.2013 | 1:52 AM ET

Ahh I got what you were saying now....I can see how a lot of people didnt like this fight and thought it was boring, but I actually enjoyed it 

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.03.2013 | 2:36 AM ET

Congratulations to Maia for beating Fitch.  Of course, I am profoundly disappointed.  But Fitch disappointed me by not being able to stuff Maia's take-downs.  

God help Fitch now.  I doubt he will ever get a contender now that he's lost like this.  And I also doubt they will give Maia a top contender, either.  

I said earlier, "God forbid if Fitch ever loses again".  I doubt his career will ever recover.  Oh well.  On to other things.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.03.2013 | 2:53 AM ET

@Bill Why the **** would they not give a dude on a 3-fight win streak that hasn't fought GSP a contender? He's 3-0 at WW with 2 subs in the first round. I really don't understand your argument. Fitch WAS a serious contender. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

02.03.2013 | 2:58 AM ET

@Zarog Maia has 1 first sub. at WW

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.03.2013 | 3:07 AM ET

@Condit I apologize. I consider a broken rib where the fight is stopped due to verbal tapping a submission. Apparently it's officially a TKO. Okay, so he has 2 finishes inside 1 round. He outwrestled one of the best wrestlers in the sport in a dominant performance over 3 rounds. So, again, how is Fitch's situation remotely close to Maia's?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

02.03.2013 | 3:24 AM ET

It's ok and plus I agree that Maia is a top 5 WW and one more good win and he should get that title shot.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.03.2013 | 4:17 AM ET

At least Maia tried to finish, that's more than Fitch normally does. I find it hilarious he got slowly ground out. That's called karma.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 1 hour, and 18 minutes from now.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.03.2013 | 4:25 AM ET

This was an awesome, I really enjoyed .. don't know about you guys? 

This is what I expected and what I wanted from this fight. It was a true grappling chess match. Jon Fitch had one of the best BJJ guys ever in MMA on his back for alot of that fight, if that was anyone else the fight would have been over in under 2 minutes of R1. But Fitch was defending and it was truly a fun little battle to watch. Loved it. Fitch definitely should walk away from this fight not completely down n out. He needs to realize what he stopped and who he had on his back. Tremendous showing by both. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

bruce leroy glow
bruce leroy glow
  • Predictions:  1,296  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 72

02.03.2013 | 5:56 AM ET

i can now say that fitch has some of the best submission defence in the ufc along with benson henderson.

"He hit me with some ****** hadouken or some ****, that little ******. nick diaz

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.03.2013 | 10:34 AM ET

So happy Maia got this big win. And honestly, i'm not surprised that Maia took him down so much, Fitch has been taken down by lesser wrestlers before. Fitch should keep his head high though, he had Demian frickin Maia on his back for almost the whole fight and didn't get tapped. Clearly has the best sub defense in the sport, and probably some of the best submission defense ever.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’