Topic: Fitch vs. Maia

Fitch vs. Maia

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

11.15.2012 | 11:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Fitch   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Fitch vs. Maia. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 11

broadly
broadly
  • Predictions:  732  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  159
  • Post Score: 197

02.04.2013 | 11:58 PM ET

Maia vs. DHK showed me that Maia had a very high ceiling at WW and this fight showed me that that ceiling is probably a title shot.  

To me this fight was 55/45 in favor of Fitch but now I know that Demian would beat Jon Fitch 10/10 times.  He just totally dominated Jon at his game.

Maia makes for the most interesting matchup for GSP outside of MacDonald and Rory already wen ton record saying he wouldn't fight Georges if given the opportunity.  Conventional logic would suggest that if GSP can stop all of Josh Koscheck's takedown attempts then the can stop Maia's as well but Maia has defied conventional logic thus far in taking down two of the best wrestlers in the division in DHK and Fitch.  

"Yeah." - Mark Hunt

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.05.2013 | 12:15 AM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Maia is a straight beast at 170 and i wont bet against him again in this division

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.05.2013 | 12:34 AM ET

I tought Fitch would manage to keep the fight standing at least for the most part, I was impressed by Maia performance, he did great, it was not a pretty fight but I enjoyed it, it showed great technique by both fighters and Fitch showed he is truly un-submitable. 
I've always liked Maia now he has shown he is real menace in WW division. a fight against the Condit vs Rory winner and then GSP

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.05.2013 | 9:24 AM ET

Maia manhandled Fitch at his own game, was pretty impressive and Maia really is a threat at 170!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

02.05.2013 | 9:28 AM ET

This fight was a true domination.Maia is the human backpack.
broadly
broadly
  • Predictions:  732  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  159
  • Post Score: 197

02.05.2013 | 11:42 PM ET

Just reading some of the older posts here.  Wow, @Bill_Burgess...Trolls usually are either intentionally funny or at least try to be intentionally funny so I don't think you're a troll.

It seems more likely to me that you have no personal frame of reference for what it is to compete or devote yourself to any hard, long-term physical goal and therefore do not understand or respect what these athletes go through.

"Yeah." - Mark Hunt

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.06.2013 | 10:24 AM ET

While I can see someone thinking that, broadly, if they did, they'd be wrong about me not understanding what athletes go through.

In high school, I was a runner. I trained daily for 4 years and also ran in college, 1966-1970. I earned 9 varsity letters in HS, and was the captain of my senior cross-country team, indoor track team and outdoor track team. I won most of my mile races. I went to my NJ state meet as a junior. 

After running I trained as a dancer for 7 years, 1971-1977.  As a dancer, I worked in a night club with a woman partner and made my living at it.  So, I knew what systematic, daily training was from the age of 14 to 26.

Is that enough for you?

The Fitch fight might have impacted me more than it should have or was justified.  I felt traumatized, angry and very depressed.  Sometimes it takes a few days to get back on the horse.  He lost.  So what?  His opponent was a better fighter than him that night.

But I've sweated blood for that guy and probably over-reacted.  Some of my more extreme comments were ill-advised, unjustified, silly and unfair to Fitch.  Everyone loses.  

But I've learned something in this process.  It is ill-advised to get too invested in a fighter.  Or friends.  Or a website.  
This is just a lot of people who don't really know each other, making opinions in the moment that don't mean anything, unless we let them.  Lesson learned.  The hard way.

Sunday, I had decided to leave this site and had deleted its icon from my desktop.  But I'll just relax and see how things go.  

* Edited at 02.06.2013, 10:58 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida