Topic: Fitch vs. Maia

Fitch vs. Maia

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

11.15.2012 | 11:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Fitch   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Fitch vs. Maia. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

Ch40z
Ch40z
  • Predictions:  1,896  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 159

02.03.2013 | 11:01 AM ET

congratz to maia but was really hoping for more action in this fight from either side.

"90 percent of the game is half mental"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.03.2013 | 3:10 PM ET

@Gregory"Except for a wacky scramble that puts Maia in perfect position to lock on a devastating choke that even Fitch can't escape from, I just don't see how Maia comes close to winning this fight. Perhaps I'll be wrong but I think it's gonna be one-sided."

I thought this same thing. I was shocked at Maia ability to just take Fitch down at will and control him.

"here I come to save the day"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

02.03.2013 | 3:15 PM ET

Yeah talk about being totally wrong as ****, LOL.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.03.2013 | 3:29 PM ET

LOL. At least we were right about it being one sided, we just bet on the wrong horse.

"here I come to save the day"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

02.03.2013 | 3:32 PM ET

D1/ADCC Maia is a beast lol he is becoming a serious threat at 170 after dominating Fitch the way he did. 

"3HUNNA"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.03.2013 | 3:57 PM ET

At the post-fight press conference, Dana said that Maia might be getting top contender fight.  Depending on what happened in Montreal on March 16.  So, we'll see what happens.

I am not an advocate for Jon Fitch anymore.  My making the Jon Fitch Appreciation thread was a waste of my time.  I will not defend him anymore.  I feel like a defense lawyer who just received irrefutable proof that his client was guilty.  I will not go to court defending someone who fought like Fitch did last night.  

He fought like a ***** and a *****.  With his skills, he couldn't keep someone his size and strength in front of him and off his back?  I'm done with him.

You do not win fights by not getting submitted.  It looked more like an exhibition than a real fight.  Fitch fought like the fix was in.  As if he would rather prove he couldn't be submitted than trying anything to win his fight.

I couldn't care less about him from now on.  If they make him a gate-keeper or release him, who cares?  The man who fought last night was not the same man who fought Erick Silva.  Nowhere near the same attitude.  Maia had little to do with it.  One of Fitch's worst fights.  If he retired, I wouldn't think twice.

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 3:59 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.03.2013 | 4:04 PM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

....Bill.....I do not understand you. Last night did not change the fact that Fitch is a good fighter, Demian was just better. Much like GSP was better than Fitch. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Gregory
Gregory

02.03.2013 | 4:09 PM ET

Talk about turning around and stabbing the guy in the back.  Fitch gave it 100%.  Bill, you seem to have little appreciation and sympathy for how difficult this sport is.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.03.2013 | 4:11 PM ET

Is this real life????  What a heel move by Bill Burgess, maybe the greatest one that has been done on Tapology.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.03.2013 | 4:11 PM ET

EDIT : Fixed

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 4:20 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:12 PM ET

Zarog.  I understand your confusion.  I don't understand myself sometimes.

I'm done with Fitch, not because he lost to a better fighter, but how he lost.  I have dark suspicions as to his motives.  I might change my attitude back down the road, but for now, I am lost as to how and why Fitch let Maia do what he did.

He knew only too well and completely understood what Maia was going to try to do.  And he did not try hard enough to prevent it.  Fitch has every skill and tool to keep Maia in front of him and not allow him to take his back.  

My darkest suspicion is that Fitch told himself, "I'll bait Maia to take my back to prove to the world he can't submit me."  And if that happened, even in his mind, that's tantamount to throwing the fight.

I've went to the barricades way too many times for Fitch to put up with that kind of betrayal.  Fitch stabbed me in the back and I'm done with that ***** *****.  Let him defend himself from the wolf back in the future.

It's BECAUSE he is a great fighter that I'm walking away.  He was too good to fight like a ***** ***** like that last night.  Maia is not that much better.  But you could tell that from last night.  I'm done with him.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:13 PM ET

Ah. Lopati.  I remember you.  You do not change.

Gregory
Gregory

02.03.2013 | 4:14 PM ET

Your dark suspicions are absurd and insulting to the athlete and man that you supposedly were a supporter of.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:17 PM ET

Gregory.  If that was his true best, then he deserves whatever he will not be offered in the UFC.  

I'm not stabbing him.  I'm joining YOU, Gregory and the tapology majority in no longer defending Fitch.

I join the tapology majority and YOU, and you criticize me?  This irony is epic.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

I was Fitch's champion.  I have every right to harbor suspicions.  I did not accuse him of it.  

I specifically expressed it as 'suspicions'.  I will simply join you in not be a Fitch champion anymore.

Is that alright with you, Gregory?  I wouldn't want to express an opinion that you didn't think highly of.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:20 PM ET

As usual, Lopati is trying to hijack ANOTHER thread and make it personal and turn it into another Burgess ***** thread.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.03.2013 | 4:27 PM ET

LOL you aren't a Fitch supporter anymore because he got outgrappled by one of, if not the best grappler in MMA? Then you were never a supporter to begin with. End of story. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.03.2013 | 4:34 PM ET

'******* Bill'

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.03.2013 | 4:34 PM ET

Lopati and Mike can't handle the thread.  They need to go personal and turn this into a Burgess controversy?

Sorry.  The only way to stop the haters is to bow out of participation in this thread.  Bye bye.  No kiss.

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 5:27 PM ET *

darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

02.03.2013 | 4:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct Maia   correct Decision  

This fight surprised me! I thought we would see a really close back and forth battle on the ground. I may have been biased in this fight and also a critic of how Fitch fights from time to time but I didn't think he would get dominated like he did. He got a taste of his own medicine and I don't think he liked it all that much. 

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida