Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Dolidze vs. Imavov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,133
  • Post Score: 47

10.31.2023 | 1:48 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.03.2024 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Laura Sanko, Daniel Cormier, Charly Arnolt
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Nassourdine Imavov   defeats   Roman Dolidze   via Decision, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Drew Dober   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randy Brown   defeats   Muslim Salikhov   via KO/TKO, Straight Right   3:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Natália Silva   defeats   Viviane Araujo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aliaskhab Khizriev   vs.   Makhmud Muradov   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Eye Poke to Muradov   0:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Charles Radtke   defeats   Gilbert Urbina   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Diana Belbiţă   via Submission, Armbar   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Charles Johnson   defeats   Azat Maksum   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Themba Gorimbo   defeats   Pete Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right and Ground Punches   0:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jeong Yeong Lee   defeats   Blake Bilder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Carolina   defeats   Julija Stoliarenko   via KO/TKO, Punches From Crucifix   4:52 Round 3 of 3, 14:52 Total Bout Page
MarQuel Mederos   defeats   Landon Quiñones   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamal Pogues   defeats   Thomas Petersen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,073  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 220

01.29.2024 | 10:27 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 319th

I watched the last event but for some reason it feels like forever since I watched the UFC. Even longer then the break at the end of last year. Really looking foward to the Natália, Moicano, Themba and Azat fights. 

I am especially worried about Natália Silva, WMMA has burned me to many times. I truly belive that she has the potential to be a champ but that has been said a lot about plenty of woman who were on winning streaks looking amazing every fight and then all of a sudden they show up inside the cage and deliver a performance that makes you wonder if they have ever trained a single day in their lives. That has happened so many times before that I am waiting for the shoe to drop on Natália.

Really hope I am just worring for nothing. 

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,995
  • Post Score: 138

01.29.2024 | 1:30 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1520th

Hard to get a read on Imavov right now because his last 3 fights have been very weird.

1. Went life or death with Joaquin Buckley, who has since shown he's one of the better unranked MW's in the promotion but still not a great look.
2. Fought the eventual champion in Strickland with a 10lbs weight disadvantage after initially being booked to fight Gastelum
3. No contest with Chris Curtis but was absolutely cruising before the head butt.

I have to slightly lean Imavov despite the recent weird results he's been having. Dolidze is crazy dangerous but only for about ~7 minutes or so. If Imavov can avoid heavy damage early he will probably cruise through the last 2-3 rounds. 
Sexy Beefer
Sexy Beefer
  • Predictions:  4,392  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,491
  • Post Score: 70

01.29.2024 | 1:53 PM ET

Thomas Petersen vs. Jamal Pogues

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2657th

I pick Petersen. Now, I'm not gonna lie. I'm a bit on the fence with Petersen. You know, it's not like Chandler Cole of all people is a big step up or whatever and he did lose to Cortes-Acosta (Which is starting to not age very well tbh), but come on. Surely he can beat the statue that is Jamal Pogues. That fight with Mick Parkin was pretty ass, and that other fight with Josh Parisian, despite it being a win, was even LESS impressive somehow. The only thing that's guaranteed for sure is that this will be a boring ass match that will unfortunately go the distance.

"I Am The Heavyweight Lorax. I Speak for the heavyweights"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,095  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,843
  • Post Score: 174

01.29.2024 | 3:30 PM ET

UFC Fight Night Dolidze Vs Imavov: King Of The Hill

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1684th

Previous Winners:
BLUBEARD x2, gem779, kushycake, Calfoth, BriggsH, tapsumbong, Oh_fiddle_sticks, MB alias Mboris, blooder6665, M101, Kamyk

Join: https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/74043/players/new?code=6658ed151c80

* Edited at 01.29.2024, 4:04 PM ET *

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,305
  • Post Score: 151

01.29.2024 | 5:43 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 995th

Switching my pick from McCann to Belbita. Didn't realize this was at 115. Molly has never fought at strawweight before. I do not like untalented fighters moving down a weight class
JCM25
JCM25
  • Predictions:  1,340  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 78

01.29.2024 | 6:25 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2657th

McCann fought at 115 a long time ago. She carried quite a bit of extra weight so if she has a healthy cut she can easily do it again. Which she looks cut up on Instagram. Shouldn't hurt her any.

* Edited at 01.29.2024, 6:34 PM ET *

PocketsFull Picks
PocketsFull Picks
  • Predictions:  589  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: -29

01.29.2024 | 6:38 PM ET

PFP Predicts UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Dolidze vs Imavov

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 558th

Sylvan predicts this weekends card! Proof is in the receipts , Goodluck to everyone this weekend. Joinour DISCORD (in the description below)
Asambe! 

Sidomavicius
Sidomavicius
  • Predictions:  1,032  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  331
  • Post Score: 172

01.29.2024 | 7:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 597th

Johnson vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, DEC
Maksum fought the last fight solely on the feet, but i believe he's the better wrestler. Johnson always has that upset in him, but i think Maksum will be too much. Hes the better fighter wherever this fight goes. Im not convinced by Johnsons motive to fight sometimes. I think this might be his last time in the promotion.

"Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion” — Sir Alex Ferguson"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

01.29.2024 | 8:20 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 793rd

People acting like Belbita isn't absolute trash aswell is funny.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Demigod_Dan
Demigod_Dan
  • Predictions:  600  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  770
  • Post Score: 131

01.29.2024 | 8:48 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 905th

In my opinion, being feisty as **** in low-mid women's MMA pays off. And that's literally the only reason why I'm going with meatball.

"Self-imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence. "

Sidomavicius
Sidomavicius
  • Predictions:  1,032  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  331
  • Post Score: 172

01.29.2024 | 8:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Gorimbo vs. Rodriguez
Themba Gorimbo, DEC
Themba is either gonna grind the wrestling all fight and get a decision or get brutally KO'ed trying. Both guys are tough. If Pete clinches with Themba at all, like he did with Jackson, Themba is not letting go lol. I'll go with the bigger, more experienced man.

"Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion” — Sir Alex Ferguson"

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  805  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  549
  • Post Score: 59

01.29.2024 | 11:37 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1247th

Let's go Diana. du te pizda Meatball ass

"Winter is coming."

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  805  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  549
  • Post Score: 59

01.30.2024 | 1:44 AM ET

Thankfully I've predicted 4 finishes so there will be at least 8

"Winter is coming."

DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,602  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  163
  • Post Score: 140

01.30.2024 | 2:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1103rd

Dolidze vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
I was also tempted to take Dolidze here but I have to go with Imavov. Nassourdine is gonna be the more active fighter and he can stick to the outside as much as possible and pick Roman apart. Roman is gonna want to get takedowns and I don't think he will be able to here. I see a clear decision coming for Imavov. I'm not high on either guy though.

Moicano vs. Dober
Renato Moicano, SUB, R1
I was gonna pick Dober but I just can't. Moicano is gonna be ok on the feet and then when he closes the distance and takes Dober down it'll be a wrap shortly after. Dober can finish anyone with his striking but Moicano can do it all. This is gonna be a dog fight.

Brown vs. Salikhov
Randy Brown, DEC
I'm gonna take Brown to stick to the outside and beat up Salikhov but I wouldn't be surprised if Muslim finds a way to win this but I just can't pick him here because I think Brown is more skilled and he's much younger.

Araujo vs. Silva
Natália Silva, TKO, R3
Araujo is gonna gas out like she always does and Silva is gonna knock her out. I can already see it coming.

Khizriev vs. Muradov
Aliaskhab Khizriev, SUB, R1
Khizriev is gonna push for that takedown and it'll be all over shortly after. I really like Muradov and his striking is great but he has too many holes in his game. Khizriev is super inactive but that's his only red flag.

Urbina vs. Radtke
Charles Radtke, TKO, R2
Radtke is a dog and there's something about Urbina I don't like. I think his chin is extremely suspect and I wouldn't be surprised if Radtke knocks him out randomly at some point. Urbina should win this fight but he's getting knocked out.

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Molly McCann, DEC
McCann via wrestling. Not much else to say. Belbita kinda sucks and striking with her head down is gonna get her knocked out eventually.

Johnson vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, DEC
Why are people still picking Johnson? Jeeeez. Maksum makes this look easy. I get that Maksum struggled against Nam but Nam is better than Johnson and has very good tdd. Maksum will work Johnson and get him cut from the UFC finally.

Gorimbo vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Gorimbo is extremely mid. Sato put him in some extremely sketchy spots and it even looked like Themba was starting to gas going for takedowns on a guy that can't wrestle to save his life. I think Pete Rodriguez is extremely low-level but he has power and very nice boxing. He's going to finish Gorimbo.

Bilder vs. Lee
Blake Bilder, DEC
I'll take the American wrestler all day long here. I worry that Lee will hurt Bilder badly in round 1 and finish him but I think Bilder can power through it like he always does and put a pace on Lee that he won't be able to keep up with.

Stoliarenko vs. Carolina
Luana Carolina, DEC
Stoliarenko is arm-bar or bust and I think it's a bust this time. I know both fighters are low level but I actually really like Carolina. She has tons of flaws but her tdd and striking at range is actually pretty impressive. I think she stays awake from a sub and beats Stoliarenko up for 2 out of the 3 rounds.

Mederos vs. Quiñones
MarQuel Mederos, TKO, R1
I usually fade DWCS debut fighters but I'm taking Mederos to knock Landon out here. Mederos has very nice striking.

Petersen vs. Pogues
Thomas Petersen, TKO, R1
I keep saying I'm gonna fade Pogues every time he fights in the UFC and I'm gonna do it again. Petersen is so green but he should be able to get the takedown and I think he ground and pounds Pogues. Pogues has no power and he just throws out a jab.

Brabo49
Brabo49
  • Predictions:  1,717  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  82
  • Post Score: 140

01.30.2024 | 5:55 AM ET

I would honestly be more interested in seeing drew dober vs Jackie Kennedy in a sheet metal eating contest than the fight we have now.

"Don't be silly jump the gilly"

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  119
  • Post Score: 161

01.30.2024 | 8:24 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3537th

Urbina vs. Radtke
Gilbert Urbina, DEC
Battle of the mid off - Going with the improved Gilbert

Mr_Moon
Mr_Moon

01.30.2024 | 9:17 AM ET

Charles Johnson

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 995th

Win or lose against Azat Maksum, Johnson should not be cut. That would be 4 loses in a row, but in a thin division like flyweight, he should stay in the UFC. Firstly, Johnson's fights are always both highly entertaining and highly skilled events.  Johnson fought 4 times in 2023 and that type of activity is rare especially for a flyweight. His losses have come against very good competition. Estevam is undefeated, Durden is a top talent, and Johnson was the only fighter in the UFC Mokaev couldn't finish. 

Tyson Nam is deservingly ranked higher than Johsnon, He has more experience and defeated Osbourne. However when analyzing skill levels, Johnson and Nam are very close. Johnson is a very well rounded fighter, who is very tough. He has never been finished, and has demonstrated to have power in his hands to compliment his grappling.
baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,759
  • Post Score: -18

01.30.2024 | 9:56 AM ET

innerg has power in his hands? since when?

when you really analyze his career, he actually has no real knockouts

- flick is a chinlet and he couldn't fully ko him plus you could argue that was a dog**** stoppage
- he couldn't finish a death gassed estevam
- carlos mota was death gassed and it still took innerg a ton of effort to finish him
- camilo fight was a gnp finish because innerg is so pillowfisted he genuinely couldn't get a real finish on the feet

my points being that one, tyson nam hits exponentially harder than innerg and maksum easily took clean shots from him and two, there's a big difference in punching power in this matchup between maksum and innerg

* Edited at 01.30.2024, 9:57 AM ET *

Ufcbet
Ufcbet
  • Predictions:  581  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  98
  • Post Score: 54

01.30.2024 | 10:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 4478th

Dolidze vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
People saying this is a 50/50 fight..are we watching same tapes? More like 80/20 in round 1-2-3 and 60/40 in 4-5 (FGTD 🔒)

"Leave no stone unturned, Son…watch tape!"

lytskinjonnybones
lytskinjonnybones
  • Predictions:  4,128  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 96

01.30.2024 | 10:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1684th

Urbina vs. Radtke
Charles Radtke, DEC
chicagoooooooooooo

"If you dont go too far you will never go far enough" - Uncle Chael

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Destroyer’ Draws Two-Year Prison Sentence
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Takes Down UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier During Backstage Scuffle
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Backs Ilia Topuria’s BMF Title Demands for Max Holloway Fight: ‘He’s Right!’
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Canelo vs Munguia?
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns would love to rematch Kamaru Usman: 'I was very emotional in that first fight'
  • MMA Mania : Smith Claims UFC Fans Are ‘Stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo explains UFC 301 comeback and MMA future after Jonathan Martinez fight
  • UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 3-4
  • UFC.com : Caio Borralho: “Pressure Is A Privilege”
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Vs. Martinez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith won’t be anyone’s stepping stone in UFC: ‘We’re going to f*cking put that to bed now’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Fed ‘Cannibal’ Liver Shot That ‘Put Him Down’